39.99 New Kane and Lynch 2 Dog Days Gamestop

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Gamestop has Kane and Lynch 2 on sale for 39.99 new or used. Not sure if this is a temp. price drop or one week sale though. Dunno why the used copy is the same price b/c who would buy the used over the new if there's no savings.

Needs to be $20 especially at 4 hours on the hardest difficulty. No wired connection for my 360 & even if I did I'm still not touching the MP.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Does Best Buy PM Gamestop? I still have that $15 @Gamer coupon, but the main part of the game that interests me is actually the MP.[/QUOTE]

They should, but I don't think you can combine those coupons with a price match. No harm in trying, though.

Yeah. I'd say wait on this unless you really want to play the multiplayer. It's really, really short (I beat it in 3 and a half hours, no shit) and it's about as generic as 3rd person shooters come. On the upside, the multiplayer modes are neat and the game looks fantastic. The visual style alone doesn't warrant more than a rental/clearance buy though.

I noticed it when I went into Gamestop today. I thought the first was decent, but will put my 40 dollars towards another game.

I beat it in a single sitting and it wasn't overly enjoyable. I'd recommend picking this up for $15 or so...and even then that might be too high!

And windsmere, you're loco! Mafia II is one of the best games I've played all year. Excellent narrative-driven game.

Kane and Lynch is a pretty good game-the graphics style is pretty cool and it is 4 hours of some of the most violent gaming I've played recently. That being said, a good price to pay would be around $20 because of the length of the gameplay. I bought my copy for this much on ebay and am pretty happy for what I paid. $39.99 at Gamestop is imo still a little high.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']It's really, really short (I beat it in 3 and a half hours, no shit) ...[/QUOTE]"Back in my day, we paid $50 for brand new NES games that were typically a couple of hours long... and we liked it!" :shame: ;p

[quote name='Frogurt.man']Only 4 hours??? On the hardest difficulty?????[/QUOTE]

There is no way. This game once you get up into the Hard difficulty and then Extreme it is very punishing... very

[quote name='Kelegacy']
And windsmere, you're loco! Mafia II is one of the best games I've played all year. Excellent narrative-driven game.[/QUOTE]

The story of Mafia is great but the gun play is horrendous I mean jeez there isn't even blind fire form cover c'mon this is stuff that was in Uncharted Drake's Fortune years ago and don't get me started on the half and half cover system all in all it was a decent game but if you want a wicked shooter that is violent as hell the Kane and Lynch 2 is where it's at ( and I absolutely hate the first one)

[quote name='mr_bungle']I'll wait for $20. Looks like a fun romp but at 4 hours? That's close to the length of LIMBO.[/QUOTE]

So true.

I have used Gamer coupons with competitor's price match before at Best Buy (prince of Persia: forgotten sands). It may be YMMV, but I had luck going up to Best Buy customer service and asking them if they pricematch first. They will typically say 'yes' then check the competitor's price. Once they agree to price match, drop the coupon and have them scan it (don't settle for them just telling you they won't honor it).

The coupon says nothing about 'pricematch' discounts, only on going Best Buy sales.

Good luck.

[quote name='Thrinn']"Back in my day, we paid $50 for brand new NES games that were typically a couple of hours long... and we liked it!" :shame: ;p[/QUOTE]

Yeah but that was par for the course. Now the majority of games pack around 7-8 hours if not more. If K&L2 was a great 3 or 4 hour experience, it's length could be easily dismissed but unfortunately, it isn't.

bread's done
Back