Photo
- - - - -

Walmart Anniversary Event: Video Games (Sept 17-30)

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 toofeht

toofeht

Posted 19 September 2010 - 01:46 AM

Killzone 2, Infamous, Resistance 2, Little Big Planet GOTY Edition, God of War Collection - 19.83 each (not aware if this applies to only these titles or all PS3 Greatest Hits titles)
Ironman 2 - 9.83 (NDS/PSP)
Ironman 2 - 19.83 (Wii)
Super Monkey Ball - 14.83 (Wii)
Mario & Sonic Winter Olympics - 24.83 (NDS)
Mario & Sonic Winter Olympics - 29.83 (Wii)
Active Outdoor Challenge and Active Life Extreme Challenge - 29.83 each (Wii)
DDR Hottest Party 3 Bundle - 39.83 (Wii)

online flyer: http://walmart.ca/wp...01&language=en#

#2 Renderthal

Renderthal

Posted 19 September 2010 - 01:59 AM

Also if anyone cares I saw No More Heroes 2(Wii) at walmart for $20, but it seems like YMMV because i only saw 1 copy.

#3 VetraX

VetraX

In-game moralist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2010 - 02:16 PM

Nah. NMH2 has been $20 for a while now - probably just low on stock.

#4 DirtyDwarf

DirtyDwarf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2010 - 02:48 PM

Is this for Canada only??? you should put Canada in the title...

#5 Lockescythe

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2010 - 02:52 PM

ITS ON THE CANADA FORUM.

why does it need canada in the topic title.

#6 DirtyDwarf

DirtyDwarf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2010 - 02:58 PM

Whoa! sorry, I don't know how I got into the Canada forum. My mistake!!!

#7 toofeht

toofeht

Posted 19 September 2010 - 06:17 PM

Nah. NMH2 has been $20 for a while now - probably just low on stock.

yeah i actually picked up nmh2 for 20 at walmart quite a few months back so i assume it has been at that price since then

#8 poiuiu

poiuiu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:33 PM

Not sure if it's a ymmv thing or my store was just dumb (or if there are extra rules involved not mentioned), but Ironman 2 DS and PSP are not 10 bucks like the OP says.

But either way, this is not found on the online flyer so I'm not really surprised but still disappointed.

#9 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2010 - 11:04 PM

wow you guys really are serious about people coming in here and demanding 'canada in the title' hahah I really didn't believe it.

Infamous I got, not interested in KZ2 but that GoW collection at $20 is worth biting.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#10 No One

No One

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:31 AM

Hmm, should I get Bioshock 2 this week, or GoW Collection? Decisions...

#11 penetratingpincer

penetratingpincer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:00 AM

Hmm, should I get Bioshock 2 this week, or GoW Collection? Decisions...

Get both and put off something else ;)

#12 Rastafari

Rastafari

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:05 AM

yeah i actually picked up nmh2 for 20 at walmart quite a few months back so i assume it has been at that price since then

Yup... Also $20 at zellers.

#13 ragnar14

ragnar14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:23 AM

Whoa! sorry, I don't know how I got into the Canada forum. My mistake!!!

We'll turn up with a getnew search. If you dinna like that just add a &exclude= to your new post search and bookmark it. Like this:

http://www.cheapassg...xclude=56,78,79
Posted Image

#14 saad77

saad77

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:27 AM

Not sure if it's a ymmv thing or my store was just dumb (or if there are extra rules involved not mentioned), but Ironman 2 DS and PSP are not 10 bucks like the OP says.

But either way, this is not found on the online flyer so I'm not really surprised but still disappointed.

I'm a bit confused, I see in the electronics online flyer that the PS3 greatest hits listed are $19.83, as well as Iron man 2 for $10, however when I went to Walmart this weekend they only had the games in the Anniversary flyer (bioshock 2 ACII etc...) marked down and the greatest hits games were still marked at $30. I didn't have the patience to wait around for staff to do a price check though.

I'll just stop in tomorrow with the flyer printed out and hopefully i won't have any problems.

Edited by saad77, 20 September 2010 - 04:16 AM.

#15 poiuiu

poiuiu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:10 PM

Oh crap, there are two more flyers I didn't notice that has DS and PSP Iron man 2 for sale. Looks like it is just my Walmart being incompetent. Thanks for pointing that out post before this one.

#16 Nukkus

Nukkus

What is this I don't even

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:54 PM

i went to walmart, to buy bioshock 2 for the ps3, and th3ey rang it in at $59.99 -_-;
guy refused to honor the flyer price. went and bought it at futureshop instead.

#17 saad77

saad77

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:38 PM

I decided to just skip walmart and printed out the online ad and took it in to Futureshop for a price match on killzone 2 with no problems.

#18 Clark.Griswold

Clark.Griswold

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:57 PM

Walmarts week 2 flyer has the PSP 3000 with two games for $150 and a Xbox + $50 gift card bundle for $199. It shows Lego Batman and Pure in the picture with a Xbox 360 S but I'm guessing it's not the S model, must be clearing out the old bundles. If it is the S model though that is a pretty hot deal.

Edited by Clark.Griswold, 20 September 2010 - 09:11 PM.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... -Einstein

#19 toofeht

toofeht

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:52 PM

has anyone been able to figure out whether the PS3 greatest hits games listed are the only ones that are 19.83 or does this apply to all greatest hits titles?

#20 denpanosekai

denpanosekai

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:04 PM

I decided to just skip walmart and printed out the online ad and took it in to Futureshop for a price match on killzone 2 with no problems.

That's a great idea... guess I'll do that tomorrow.

#21 poiuiu

poiuiu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:47 PM

Did this just now (but with Iron man 2, got the last copy of both versions) and saved some time (since I had to get toner anyways). Thnx for the advice user in quote and thread in general.

#22 darkandlong

darkandlong

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:44 AM

I'm a bit confused, I see in the electronics online flyer that the PS3 greatest hits listed are $19.83, as well as Iron man 2 for $10, however when I went to Walmart this weekend they only had the games in the Anniversary flyer (bioshock 2 ACII etc...) marked down and the greatest hits games were still marked at $30. I didn't have the patience to wait around for staff to do a price check though.

I'll just stop in tomorrow with the flyer printed out and hopefully i won't have any problems.

Just got back from my local WM, the newer greatest hits all scan at 30 bucks :( I keep missing out on all these LBP GOTY deals.

#23 PapaLau

PapaLau

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2010 - 12:17 PM

Priced matched GOW:Collection at BB using a print out with no issues. The nice lady there said the only thing they weren't price matching was the DSi deal