• Please log in to reply
2917 replies to this topic

#481 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 01:58 AM

does time warner have 3D

If that's a question then the answer is "yes," but it sounds like the only things available at present are ESPN 3D and some movies (a few free, but mostly paid on-demand) so not a lot of content yet.

As for the super-high prices for the upcoming 3D releases, I'm fairly certain that these are place-holder prices that are roughly 1% below the MSRP. I sure hope this is the case, anyway.

I'm afraid that the days of a DMR coupon for every Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D combo pack release may be numbered considering the lack of a coupon for Nightmare Before Christmas. I mean, come on, they have a coupon for Bambi II, but jack squat for NBC!? What's even worse is that the price for the remaining Disney titles seem like they're going to continue to be at least roughly $35 from most retailers... which is absolutely ridiculous!

I know at least one consumer who is going to speak with his wallet: this guy right here!

EDIT:
@h3llbring3r
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs was never an exclusive title, but was, in fact, the first non-hardware-exclusive commercially available Blu-ray 3D disc.

#482 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:12 PM

You can added The Smurfs (Two-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / DVD) http://www.amazon.co..._sim_02_04_t_lh 31.99 to the OP

#483 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:29 PM

EDIT:
@h3llbring3r
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs was never an exclusive title, but was, in fact, the first non-hardware-exclusive commercially available Blu-ray 3D disc.

Yep, my mistake. I remembered seeing the ads in Best Buy touting it as a Sony exclusive for 3D Bravia owners but what I 'mis-remember' was this being advertised:
http://blog.sony.com...usive-from-sony

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#484 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:57 PM

You forgot to add Ayumi Hamasaki's latest concert. That's a 3D Blu-ray.
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#485 AngellicLulu

AngellicLulu

Aria of the Fates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:18 PM

You forgot to add Ayumi Hamasaki's latest concert. That's a 3D Blu-ray.

I stopped adding the nature videos too. I would have a long ass list if I did all the concert videos and nature videos.

Posted Image

#486 AngellicLulu

AngellicLulu

Aria of the Fates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:22 PM

You can added The Smurfs (Two-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / DVD) http://www.amazon.co..._sim_02_04_t_lh 31.99 to the OP

I have had it under TBA because it hasn't had a release date.

Posted Image

#487 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:33 PM

I stopped adding the nature videos too. I would have a long ass list if I did all the concert videos and nature videos.

Speaking of that, wouldn't it make sense to wikify the thread so that anyone can update it?

#488 AngellicLulu

AngellicLulu

Aria of the Fates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:55 PM

Speaking of that, wouldn't it make sense to wikify the thread so that anyone can update it?

I noticed that last time I went to make an update. It's all wikified now... so feel free. If I wasn't so lazy, I might have alphabetized it by now.

Posted Image

#489 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:21 PM

Speaking of pricing, I was setting up a number of the 3D Disney movie to get price tracked on camelcamelcamel.com and noticed one thing with all of them.

For some reason, most of them were at $31.49 or $34.99, and I think that Bolt was $34.99 and the others (Chicken Little, Meet The Robinsons, plus more) were all $31.49. On August 20th, the prices were as they were above, though on August 22nd, all of the Disney 3D movies took a huge $9-$10 price hike upwards without any real reason.

Best way to see the pricing trends is to look up the movie on Amazon and get its ASIN #. Go to camelcamelcamel.com and put the ASIN # in their search box. It'll then show you the pricing history for the item that shows this behavior.

I'm hoping that they drop as time goes on closer to release, though it seems pretty lousy of Amazon to list an item and then two days after being listed, they go up in price $9-10 before release.

#490 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:34 PM

Sorry to double-post, though we had some price drops.

Meet The Robinsons and Chicken Little both dropped down to $30.99 from the $40.49 prices from before.

Green Lantern dropped down to $29.99.

#491 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:58 PM

Anyone know when other stores will be getting the 3 new (Best Buy Exclusive) movie's

#492 Stryffe2004

Stryffe2004

Overlord of the Obvious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2011 - 05:04 PM

Anyone know when other stores will be getting the 3 new (Best Buy Exclusive) movie's

Don't hold your breath. The Last Airbender are still basically exclusive if I remember right. Clash of the Titans was exclusive for a long time as well.

#493 Stryffe2004

Stryffe2004

Overlord of the Obvious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2011 - 05:06 PM

$50...really? Who is responsible for that pricing!

I'm curious how the Toy Story 1/2 conversion to 3D will be.

EDIT: Anyone wach Yogi Bear in 3D? It's on HBO right now, but I have not much desire to see the movie.....is it any good?

Blame Bob in accounting for the price. He has since been fired and the price has dropped.

#494 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:53 PM

is this the movie that comes with the glasses bundle

http://www.cheapassg...pictureid=24750

#495 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:07 PM

If it says "not for resale", then yes it is.

The commercial release for Narnia 3D has 3D BD / 2D BD / DVD / DC copies in the package. The one you posted a pic of above doesn't, so it's the pack-in release.

#496 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:23 PM

If it says "not for resale", then yes it is.

The commercial release for Narnia 3D has 3D BD / 2D BD / DVD / DC copies in the package. The one you posted a pic of above doesn't, so it's the pack-in release.

i was thinking it was but wanted to make sure i bought it on amazon from a 3rd party seller

#497 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:32 PM

Fright Night (Three-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD + Digital Copy) (2011) 34.99 or 29.99 with 5$ coupon comes out TBA
http://www.amazon.co...15668360&sr=1-1

#498 movie_mike

movie_mike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:49 PM

Hey guys, I updated the list with a few release dates as well as some TBA titles. Being there's no Amazon Release Date, I tagged the articles which talk about them. Hope it helps and apologies if I "took advantage" of the Wiki ability.

#499 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:31 AM

Someone add Spy Kids 4: All The Time In The World (Four-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / DVD /Digital Copy) (2011) 36.99 TBA

http://www.amazon.co...6226526&sr=8-66

#500 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:17 PM

Does anyone know the difference between these two Lion King 3D from Best Buy?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/The+Lion+King+-+Blu-ray+3D/2863978.p?id=27443&skuId=2863978&st=lion%20king%203d&lp=1&cp=1

http://www.bestbuy.c...ng 3d&lp=2&cp=1

The latter is $10 more, perhaps it's the same thing? But the SKUs are different... The latter is a BB exclusive?

#501 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:49 PM

Does anyone know the difference between these two Lion King 3D from Best Buy?

http://www.bestbuy.c...ng 3d&lp=1&cp=1

http://www.bestbuy.c...ng 3d&lp=2&cp=1

The latter is $10 more, perhaps it's the same thing? But the SKUs are different... The latter is a BB exclusive?

I looks like the one was a placeholder, since it lacks any information, aside from the title.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#502 Mikerocosms

Mikerocosms

Deal Sniper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:51 PM

One looks like a dvd + blu-ray casing while the other is probably the 3d blu-ray version.

M

#503 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:13 PM

The one with the picture is definitely a picture of the 3D version, hence the 3D below the title.

I think that it's either one of two cases:
1) as stated above, the second one's a placeholder
2) the first one is in a DVD case and the second one is in a Blu-ray case (Disney DVD case combo borders are usually gray while Blu-ray case combos are blue) and they just forgot to lower the price of the combo in the Blu-ray case

...but it's probably option #1

#504 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:41 PM

There are two versions of Lion King coming out, one is BD + DVD, the other is 3D BD + 2D BD + DVD + DC. Obviously the 3D version is the more expensive one.

#505 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:57 PM

There are two versions of Lion King coming out, one is BD + DVD, the other is 3D BD + 2D BD + DVD + DC. Obviously the 3D version is the more expensive one.

Except that the cheaper one says Bluray 3D and has a picture of the 3D version.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#506 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:06 PM

Maybe it's another Steelbook, like that sweet one from Korea :D

#507 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2011 - 02:08 PM

Except that the cheaper one says Bluray 3D and has a picture of the 3D version.

^this

I'm really hoping for a good bundle deal on this and BatB... and maybe some retailers will lower the price on Nightmare Before Christmas since that wasn't ever really on sale and didn't have a DMR coupon. Plus it'll be the beginning of October, great time for that flick to see a sale price!

#508 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2011 - 02:16 PM

^this

I'm really hoping for a good bundle deal on this and BatB... and maybe some retailers will lower the price on Nightmare Before Christmas since that wasn't ever really on sale and didn't have a DMR coupon. Plus it'll be the beginning of October, great time for that flick to see a sale price!

sigh... too bad i bought beauty and the beast and now its coming out the 3D version. good thing i didnt buy nightmare b4 christmas.

#509 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2011 - 02:55 PM

sigh... too bad i bought beauty and the beast and now its coming out the 3D version. good thing i didnt buy nightmare b4 christmas.

I bought The Nightmare Before Christmas on VHS, DVD, BLU and I just ordered the 3DBR new off of Glyde.com for $27 shipped. You would't believe how long it took me to figure out that the DVD had Vincent and Frankenweenie, which is getting remade for 2012, on it. :lol:

#510 xhonzi

xhonzi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:52 PM

How limited do you think all these 'limited' 3d blu ray releases are? I don't have a 3d setup yet, And I wouldn't mind saving a few bones and getting some of these releases later... But there is a slight possibility That limited means limited And I won't be able to get titles like Thor later.

Edited by xhonzi, 19 September 2011 - 10:46 PM.