Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

3D Blu-Ray thread

• Please log in to reply
2873 replies to this topic

#511 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:47 PM

Except that the cheaper one says Bluray 3D and has a picture of the 3D version.

Looks like someone screwed the pooch on that one. Whoops.

#512 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:52 PM

Thanks guys, I think it's safe to assume the extra Best Buy listing is a place holder. I picked up the pre-order steelbook case for Lion King (it's the BD sized case by the way), can't wait to watch this in 3D! And BatB too...

#513 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2011 - 01:27 AM

Looks like someone screwed the pooch on that one. Whoops.

You obviously haven't looked at the BB.com listings, because BOTH listings state that they're Blu-ray 3D.

The one without a picture is more likely a placeholder that hasn't been deleted. I'm guessing BB feels that if people are going to pre-order it for more, then so be it... I'm sure they don't mind the few extra bucks.

#514 FuriousBobby 2.0

FuriousBobby 2.0

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:32 AM

Look closely at the picture guys it says 4-disc collector's edition & "Collectible Lunch Box"
Posted Image

#515 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:02 AM

Yeah a picture has just been added to it stating a Collectible lunch box

Posted Image

#516 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:33 PM

Lion King looks great in 3D. BatB...not as good. Really hoping we get 1.5 and 2 (Lion King) at some people. Not going to spend the money on that stupid drum.

#517 KyleN

KyleN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:07 AM

Lion King looks great in 3D. BatB...not as good. Really hoping we get 1.5 and 2 (Lion King) at some people. Not going to spend the money on that stupid drum.

Yeah--who has space for ridiculously over-sized custom packaging--just give me normal BD cases. I had both the trilogy and Lion King pre-ordered, but just canceled the trilogy after seeing a youtube video of the drum packaging and how the discs were stored.

Check here for Up-to-Date list of Current/Upcoming 3D BD titles (since this forum no longer has Wiki Posts)

kyool.jpg

#518 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:38 PM

Yeah--who has space for ridiculously over-sized custom packaging--just give me normal BD cases. I had both the trilogy and Lion King pre-ordered, but just canceled the trilogy after seeing a youtube video of the drum packaging and how the discs were stored.

Wow, it never occurred to me that there is no actual case, just a glorified spindle. I'm sure that will be good for scratches. That sucks. We may not be getting it now, either.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#519 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 01:16 PM

Wow, it never occurred to me that there is no actual case, just a glorified spindle. I'm sure that will be good for scratches. That sucks. We may not be getting it now, either.

The sequels are coming as stand-alone releases next year:

http://smg.photobuck...nt=IMG_1319.jpg

I'm canceling my trilogy pre-order from what I saw about the packaging, since it does just appear to be a glorified spindle. Similar to the Toy Box set for the Toy Story movies, it's not disc-friendly packaging. Probably the same for the POTC movies as well.

#520 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:11 PM

They are coming in 2012. I just flipped through the little booklet inside my Lion King 3D copy and saw artwork for 1.5 and 2.0.

#521 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:38 PM

I'm really tempted to cancel my preorder bundle now. Thanks for the heads up.

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#522 eebuckeye

eebuckeye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:49 PM

Can anyone share a Youtube link with the 'drum' and packaging? I can not find it.

Thanks

#523 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:16 PM

#524 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:22 PM

Anyone know if we're getting a trilogy set like this one from France. It's super nice:

#525 xhonzi

xhonzi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:19 AM

I just saw that 3D BD run a little cheaper at Amazon.co.uk. Even when you factor in ~$8 shipping (assuming you buy several).

Does anyone want to venture a guess that all of these are region free and compatible with US players?

#526 movie_mike

movie_mike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:01 AM

Looks like Harry Potter 7 part I is a Sony Exclusive. Possibly both parts to be a Sony Exclusive. There are rumors that Best Buy might have a hand in that exclusivity. Weak sauce.

#527 KyleN

KyleN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:23 AM

The price of Drive Angry 3D BD just dropped to $11.99 on Amazon. Never seen this, but 3D BDs are never that cheap, so I ordered it.

Check here for Up-to-Date list of Current/Upcoming 3D BD titles (since this forum no longer has Wiki Posts)

kyool.jpg

#528 darkdaze73

darkdaze73

Serious Fisherman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:55 PM

Looks like Harry Potter 7 part I is a Sony Exclusive. Possibly both parts to be a Sony Exclusive. There are rumors that Best Buy might have a hand in that exclusivity. Weak sauce.

Amazon uk has a listing for parts 1 & 2 on their site....

http://www.amazon.co...tter 3d&x=0&y=0

both have release dates of Dec. 2

#529 movie_mike

movie_mike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:54 PM

Credit goes to DigitalBits for this Harry Potter "News".

In short:

[FONT=arial, helvetica, courier, *]Warner got back to us with word that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1 on Blu-ray 3D (which was never released theatrically) is going to be a Sony hardware exclusive. You'll be able to get it for free on 11/11 (with the 2D Blu-ray version of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2) as part of something called Harry Potter 3D Experience if you purchase Sony's BDP-S780 Blu-ray 3D player, BDV-E580 Blu-ray 3D home theater system or TDG-BR250/DBL 3D starter kit (with 2 pairs of 3D glasses). Meanwhile, there's no word yet on an official U.S. release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 on Blu-ray 3D, even though it's already announced on that format for release in the U.K. on 12/2 (Part 1 is announced there as well). It could be that the title will be another exclusive here in the States, but you SHOULD just be able to import it from the U.K., as Warner BD titles are almost always non-region locked. It's also set for release in Canada on 11/11 with the regular 2D edition.

[Editor's Note: We've heard from a retail source that - in addition to Sony's 3D hardware exclusive on Part I - the Blu-ray 3D versions of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1 AND Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 may be available exclusively in Best Buy stores on 11/11. They're not on Best Buy.com yet and we're waiting for confirmation from WHV on this, so stay tuned.]
[/FONT]

#530 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:24 PM

Drive Angry 3D is currently $11.99 on Amazon right now. Not the greatest movie but I'm sure a lot of you have wasted $12 on something else.

#531 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:34 PM

Don't do it! You're only encouraging Nicholas Cage to keep making movies!

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#532 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:59 PM

That really sucks that the only way to get 1,5 and 2 is by buying that one for 75 or more and 1,5 and 2 are not 3D so u still have to buy them again later when they do come out

Edited by starmask2k3, 27 September 2011 - 11:52 PM.

#533 flizmo007

flizmo007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:12 PM

Drive Angry 3D is currently $11.99 on Amazon right now. Not the greatest movie but I'm sure a lot of you have wasted $12 on something else.

3D in this movie was pretty good I thought. I would definitely buy it for this price if I didnt just buy it for $30 at BB last week. Not worth $30, at all. I failed.

#534 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:33 PM

Thanks. I ordered a copy, from the sounds of it, it was filmed in 3D. At least it has that going for it.

#535 Spacepest

Spacepest

Your Tax Dollars At Work

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:04 PM

To the OP, and previous posters in this thread:

Thank you!

I'm (finally) getting a HD TV and 3D blu ray player soon, and this thread has greatly simplified my hunt for movies in 3D--not to mention, made it more affordable.
"Videogames...why waste good technology (and $$$ ) on science and medicine?"

#536 msu89dawgs

msu89dawgs

Are you threatening me?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:32 PM

Too cheap to pass up on Drive Angry, and I hear the 3D is pretty good.

iconbluraypng.png - 394
DVD - 157

#537 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:25 PM

Nick Cage in 3D! Money baby!

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#538 msu89dawgs

msu89dawgs

Are you threatening me?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:08 PM

Nick Cage in 3D! Money baby!

I bet there'll be some epic 3D forehead action, no doubt...

iconbluraypng.png - 394
DVD - 157

#539 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:55 PM

To the OP, and previous posters in this thread:

Thank you!

I'm (finally) getting a HD TV and 3D blu ray player soon, and this thread has greatly simplified my hunt for movies in 3D--not to mention, made it more affordable.

Get a ps3 its alot better

#540 M3wThr33

M3wThr33

Batman with a gun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:15 AM

NMBC3D is still too expensive on Amazon. Needs to drop soon...