3D Blu-Ray thread

• Please log in to reply
2949 replies to this topic

#31 AngellicLulu

AngellicLulu

Aria of the Fates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2010 - 07:56 PM

IMAX releases on Nov 16th all available to preorder now.

Posted Image

#32 DigitalFirefly

DigitalFirefly

All digital, all the time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2010 - 08:22 PM

what?? I must be looking in the wrong places then..all I ever see in the BB ad are at least starting around $2k and going up..but again, I'm not hardcore keeping track of it yet either..

I just got the Samsung 50c8000 with the 3D Starter kit for $1799 form Best Buy. A couple weeks ago they had the 50c7000 and Starter kit for $1599.

This week they have the Panasonic 50VT20, 3DBD Player, and Starter Kit for $1799.

They even had a Samsung 720P 50" 3D Plasma at one point for around $1100 (no glasses). The prices are falling. Unfortunately most of the content is trapped in exclusive bundles.

#33 sm0k1nace

sm0k1nace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2010 - 12:17 AM

when you guys say avatar (panasonic) or how to train your dragon (samsung) does that mean they can only be played on that brand bluray 3d player? like if i have a 3dbluray player by pannasonic can i play how to train your dragon in 3d if i buy it off of ebay? because im about to buy monsters vs aliens in 3d for my panasonic 3d bluray playeroff of ebay?

#34 AngellicLulu

AngellicLulu

Aria of the Fates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2010 - 11:44 AM

when you guys say avatar (panasonic) or how to train your dragon (samsung) does that mean they can only be played on that brand bluray 3d player? like if i have a 3dbluray player by pannasonic can i play how to train your dragon in 3d if i buy it off of ebay? because im about to buy monsters vs aliens in 3d for my panasonic 3d bluray playeroff of ebay?

That means that other than from a reseller like on ebay, the only way you can get those blu-rays is through buying that companys tv or starter kits. You can order them on ebay from people and it will play like any other 3D blu-ray.

Posted Image

#35 TreizePlus

TreizePlus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:16 PM

Thank for this thread, is there a thread up on 3d content in general?

My cable comapny, Brighthouse, has a few of the IMAX 3D movies On Demand, but I'm waiting for the Blu. I have a digital version of the first 5 minutes of Deep Sea 3D, and it looked insane. Anyone have the whole thing on Blu?

#36 AngellicLulu

AngellicLulu

Aria of the Fates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:57 PM

Thank for this thread, is there a thread up on 3d content in general?

My cable comapny, Brighthouse, has a few of the IMAX 3D movies On Demand, but I'm waiting for the Blu. I have a digital version of the first 5 minutes of Deep Sea 3D, and it looked insane. Anyone have the whole thing on Blu?

Thanks for pointing that out. I have Brighthouse and I'll check out Deep Sea, Under the Sea and Journey into the Center of the Earth in 3d at somepoint.

Posted Image

#37 AngellicLulu

AngellicLulu

Aria of the Fates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:20 PM

Another exclusive added to the pack. Last Airbender only available at Best Buy starting on Nov 16th, guess no company wanted it as an exclusive. I wonder why :)

Posted Image

#38 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:33 PM

Another exclusive added to the pack. Last Airbender only available at Best Buy starting on Nov 16th, guess no company wanted it as an exclusive. I wonder why :)

I think ithe fact that it was a hugely massive bomb might have something to do with it. That, and I think from what I read about the 3D effects, they didn't make sense. Like Alice In Wonderland and Clash Of The Titans, they were shoehorned in in the 10th or 11th hour of production.

#39 AngellicLulu

AngellicLulu

Aria of the Fates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:37 PM

I think ithe fact that it was a hugely massive bomb might have something to do with it. That, and I think from what I read about the 3D effects, they didn't make sense. Like Alice In Wonderland and Clash Of The Titans, they were shoehorned in in the 10th or 11th hour of production.

I was leaning towards the 6% on rotten tomatoes.

Posted Image

#40 Sauron96

Sauron96

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2010 - 12:27 AM

Only somewhere relevant to this thread...

I wish they'd do something similar to what the powers that be did for Blu-ray & HD-DVD a few years ago...have a list of eligible models and give a few movies away with purchase. Heck, part of the reason I convinced myself buying a PS3 early on was a good idea was PS2 BC and the 5 free blu ray movies I received, (which ended up being 6 free movies cause they sent me two packs of free movies, 6 original 4 duplicates which I then sold pretty cheap)

Also since I have a "3D-Ready" Mitsubishi, it'd be nice if I got a MOVIE with my 3d starter kit rather than a demo disc :-/

#41 AngellicLulu

AngellicLulu

Aria of the Fates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:58 PM

Open Season 3D is now available to preorder $27.99 on amazon.

Posted Image

#42 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:06 PM

Monster House is $24.99 right now:
http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B003XJABU4/

#43 TreizePlus

TreizePlus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2010 - 11:39 PM

Monster House is $24.99 right now:
http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B003XJABU4/

Thanks for the heads up. Didn't exactly love the movie, but I'm starving enough for 3D to buy it.

#44 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:21 AM

Thanks for the heads up. Didn't exactly love the movie, but I'm starving enough for 3D to buy it.

At the time of the post I made on the 8th, it was $24.99. Now it's back up to $27.99.

#45 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:13 AM

i saw monster house 3d at borders after coupon for $20

#46 Sammie2980

Sammie2980

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:19 PM

I really hope Avatar will be available to early adopters that purchased the VT25's.

#47 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:31 PM

The pre-order for Despicable Me 3D, which is a 4-disc with BR, 3D BR, DVD and DC discs, is down to $31.99 on Amazon right now. It's a $6 upgrade cost from the 3-disc BR at $25.99.

#48 AngellicLulu

AngellicLulu

Aria of the Fates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:13 PM

Harry Potter is being remade in 3D as confirmed by http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5295

But ironically has cancelled the plans for Deathly Hallows Part 1 to come to theaters in 3D

Posted Image

#49 TreizePlus

TreizePlus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:57 AM

Harry Potter is being remade in 3D as confirmed by http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5295

But ironically has cancelled the plans for Deathly Hallows Part 1 to come to theaters in 3D

I'm split. I'm really not a fan of post production conversions, but I'm waiting for one to wow me.

The good news is that I know a lot of camera guys that are making an effort to learn how to properly shoot in 3D. Not everyone is willing to jump in though and spend their time and money on something that might not take off...yet they are the people needed for 3D to take off.

#50 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2010 - 04:40 PM

The pre-order for Despicable Me 3D, which is a 4-disc with BR, 3D BR, DVD and DC discs, is down to $31.99 on Amazon right now. It's a $6 upgrade cost from the 3-disc BR at $25.99.

And if you are 3D ready, you can easily sell the BD disc for $12 (if not more) and sell the DVD and DC as well. I ordered it for $32, but after selling all the extra's, I'll likely only pay a few dollars for the 3D BD.

Yeah, I went 3D.

#51 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2010 - 04:58 PM

And if you are 3D ready, you can easily sell the BD disc for $12 (if not more) and sell the DVD and DC as well. I ordered it for $32, but after selling all the extra's, I'll likely only pay a few dollars for the 3D BD.

Yeah, I went 3D.

Which set and BR player did you go with?

#52 AngellicLulu

AngellicLulu

Aria of the Fates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:34 PM

So Brighthouse just added a bunch of free 3D "movies":
3D Sun
African Adventures 3D
Alien Adventure 3D
Dinosaurs Alive 3D
Haunted Castle 3D
Misadventures in 3D
Mummies 3D
Siegfried and Roy 3D
SOS Planet 3D
Wild Ocean 3D
wild Safari 3D

Also added for 6.99 was Scar 3D

So far watched 3D Sun (big meh but glad it was short and free)

Posted Image

#53 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:20 PM

Free where?

#54 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:23 PM

Which set and BR player did you go with?

$1500 nabbed me the Samsung 46" LED, 6800 BD player and the Dragon starter kit.

#55 bredbu

bredbu

I love Lamp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 12:07 AM

im a little confused by all this, i have a ps3 and am getting a 3d lg tv. what does it mean when it says exclusive?? does that mean some blu ray movies wont work with some tv's?

#56 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 12:42 AM

im a little confused by all this, i have a ps3 and am getting a 3d lg tv. what does it mean when it says exclusive?? does that mean some blu ray movies wont work with some tv's?

the 3D glasses starter kit comes with exclusive bluray movies. like the samsung ones comes with monsters vs aliens or the how to train your dragon 3D. So, the only way to get those 3D movies is to buy their starter kits. since u have LG, make sure you get the LG 3D glasses thats compatible with that TV.

#57 bredbu

bredbu

I love Lamp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 12:49 AM

the 3D glasses starter kit comes with exclusive bluray movies. like the samsung ones comes with monsters vs aliens or the how to train your dragon 3D. So, the only way to get those 3D movies is to buy their starter kits. since u have LG, make sure you get the LG 3D glasses thats compatible with that TV.

ok so if down the road someone is selling how to train your dragon 3d on ebay i can buy that and it will work right?

#58 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 01:44 AM

ok so if down the road someone is selling how to train your dragon 3d on ebay i can buy that and it will work right?

Yep. And expect to pay $100 for an exclusive 3D release on eBay.

#59 duckydan

duckydan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 04:16 AM

Yep. And expect to pay $100 for an exclusive 3D release on eBay.

I actually sold the MIR for How To Train Your Dragon for $125 and the 3d IMAX disc for another $75... was nice since they came free with the tv.

I have a copy of HTTYD on the way from my other television (Shipped from Samsung on Friday).

#60 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:08 AM

I actually sold the MIR for How To Train Your Dragon for $125 and the 3d IMAX disc for another $75... was nice since they came free with the tv.

I have a copy of HTTYD on the way from my other television (Shipped from Samsung on Friday).

u saying the voucher for Dragon is in the samsung TV box also? which model is that?