2880 replies to this topic

#1171 anderson4145

anderson4145

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:04 PM

U can add the darkest hour April 10, 2012. 25.99
http://www.amazon.co...2RRTV48D2NFVT87

Just a heads up, the 3d was horrible and the movie was also pretty bad.

#1172 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:13 PM

So I'm seriously considering making a 3Dhtpc, since obviously none of these games are going to be patched in 3D anytime soon. Does anyone know of a 3D gaming discussion thread on CAG? I've tried a few searches but "3D" is too short to search for, I just hate clogging up the 3d blu deal thread with my incessant 3D gaming babble. :lol:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=264625

It's been dead for a while, but with the seemingly recent drop in TV prices, it may liven up again if people know it's out there. (I just got a new 3D tv to replace my pseudo 3D set I was using).
Spoiler

#1173 noone13

noone13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:32 PM

Does anyone know which passive 3D tv is a good deal or better than another? Does anyone on here have one? I tried searching several times but I can't really seem to find much information. I am tired of dealing with the stupid (and expensive active glasses) so I am thinking of going to a passive 3D tv. The prices for a TV on Amazon seem to be all over the place and I can't even seem to find passive tvs on bestbuy.com. Thanks for any help anyone provide.

Edited by shrike4242, 13 February 2012 - 09:12 PM.

#1174 KyleN

KyleN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

Does anyone know which passive 3D tv is a good deal or better than another? Does anyone on here have one?

I only looked at the LG & Vizio ones, ended up going with the LG 47LW6500. I really like the 3D on it, and it has a bunch of Smart TV and streaming apps. The only picture complaint I have is that sometimes the side lighting is a bit distracting on black/dark scenes. But this may also be that I don't have the settings adjusted properly (you may be able to turn this off). I couldn't find either in the store to try, so just took a leap of faith when I ordered from Amazon.

#1175 opterasis

opterasis

Bullhonkery!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:09 PM

I only looked at the LG & Vizio ones, ended up going with the LG 47LW6500. I really like the 3D on it, and it has a bunch of Smart TV and streaming apps. The only picture complaint I have is that sometimes the side lighting is a bit distracting on black/dark scenes. But this may also be that I don't have the settings adjusted properly (you may be able to turn this off). I couldn't find either in the store to try, so just took a leap of faith when I ordered from Amazon.

I'll be getting a step down from that model, the 55LW5600 in a few weeks. As far as I can tell, the only difference is the contrast ratio and 240hz. Question though... does it have wifi built in or do you need to buy a wifi dongle?
My Bluray owned list

http://www.points2sh...p?ref=opterasis

What I've gotten free from points2shop *updated* 1/16/12!
Spoiler

#1176 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

I'll be getting a step down from that model, the 55LW5600 in a few weeks. As far as I can tell, the only difference is the contrast ratio and 240hz. Question though... does it have wifi built in or do you need to buy a wifi dongle?

The 55 LW 5600 includes the wifi dongle, it's not built-in but comes with the dongle in the package (at least mine did). The smart TV apps work great with the magic motion control BTW.

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#1177 KyleN

KyleN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:54 PM

Mine came with this flash drive looking WiFi adapter, but since I used wired I never tried it/can't speak of the performance.
I waffled between the 47LW5600/47LW6500. Didn't know what the difference in contrast ratios and the 120 vs 240 would look like, but at the time, the prices were really close, so just went with the 6500.

#1178 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

mtbs3d.com is probably the best place for you. It's a whole site with information on that.

Personally I'm torn on the issue. There are 1000 more 3D games on PC than console... right now. I just bought Deus Ex which I'd really like to play in 3D, etc... but I don't know if I really want to drop $800 on a 3D gaming PC, when a lot of the rest of the 360 and PS3 games will be in 3D and probably their next consoles will support 3D for a majority of titles.

Thanks I'll check the site out. Yeah I know the feeling, looking into it. I'll have to buy Win 7 and either Nvidia 3Dtv Play, $40, or the 3D Vision Glasses Kit ... just for the emitter, $100, just to be able to "use" Nvidia's 3D drivers. Lame.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=264625

It's been dead for a while, but with the seemingly recent drop in TV prices, it may liven up again if people know it's out there. (I just got a new 3D tv to replace my pseudo 3D set I was using).

Thanks. I'll start posting some stuff in there and see how it's goes. :lol:

#1179 greatscot

greatscot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:07 PM

I've got the 42LW5300 LG. It's not a smart tv, but the picture in both 2D and 3D looks fantastic. The best thing to do is go to a real electronics store to see for yourself. Glasses are lightweight and super-cheap.
Get 360 games for free. PM me for more info.
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=241246

#1180 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:30 PM

I tested some passive sets at my best buy and I thought the picture wasn't as sharp as some of the 3D sets. The rainbowing was slightly annoying. At the end of the day, the cost of the glasses should factor into the experieince. If you have little kids using the set or a lot of guests that would be watching it- the slight amount of rainbowing I saw would be a non-issue when balanced against the cost of buying a lot of glasses or replacing broken pairs.
Spoiler

#1181 noone13

noone13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:24 PM

I tested some passive sets at my best buy and I thought the picture wasn't as sharp as some of the 3D sets. The rainbowing was slightly annoying. At the end of the day, the cost of the glasses should factor into the experieince. If you have little kids using the set or a lot of guests that would be watching it- the slight amount of rainbowing I saw would be a non-issue when balanced against the cost of buying a lot of glasses or replacing broken pairs.

I have 2 kids and their friends want to use the tv. I have already had 2 pairs of glasses get broken so its starting to add up. With a passive I can take the glasses from the theater to use so having those will never be a problem. Also it would make it easier because then I will be able to get the kids size glasses. I guess I will have to check into getting one for sure now. Just need to sell the one I have first lol.

#1182 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:04 AM

Anyone gets the new Harold and Kumar in 3D? I was going to pick it up but it was out everywhere so I went by a rental place and they told me they had shipping problems with it and thats why I couldn't find it anywhere.

#1183 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:28 AM

i just preordered the Hugo 3d from amazon for 28 but it comes out to 38 with two day shipping on release date. Anyone know if the Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3d is worth it or not. I saw the regular version and I didnt really like it but if it has good 3d i might get it
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1184 anderson4145

anderson4145

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:35 AM

i just preordered the Hugo 3d from amazon for 28 but it comes out to 38 with two day shipping on release date. Anyone know if the Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3d is worth it or not. I saw the regular version and I didnt really like it but if it has good 3d i might get it

I thought the 3d was very good for the most part. Some parts were shot in 2d and they don't look as good.

#1185 Sk

Sk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:51 PM

Truth be told only the first 15 mins and the last 50 mins have impressive 3d. All of the Chicago scenes are impressive. I'd say its a benchmark 3d bluray when you ignore most of the movie.

#1186 Captain Wrong

Captain Wrong

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:06 PM

I worked at an Imax 3D theater when Transformers was out. There's some excellent 3D in that movie. That said, thanks to work, I've seen that film about 96 million times and probably don't need to see it ever again. :)

New to the thread, new to having a 3D set. Got a Vizio E3D420VX and really like it. I just wish there was more content out there right now. I'm kind of worried that 3D Blu ray is going to go the same way DVD-Audio and SACD went where the content companies just give a half assed push for the format. Still, guess I have some hope for the format as now I'm invested. LOL

#1187 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:44 PM

I worked at an Imax 3D theater when Transformers was out. There's some excellent 3D in that movie. That said, thanks to work, I've seen that film about 96 million times and probably don't need to see it ever again. :)

New to the thread, new to having a 3D set. Got a Vizio E3D420VX and really like it. I just wish there was more content out there right now. I'm kind of worried that 3D Blu ray is going to go the same way DVD-Audio and SACD went where the content companies just give a half assed push for the format. Still, guess I have some hope for the format as now I'm invested. LOL

When you consider games and movies, there is a ton of content available.

#1188 armandxp

armandxp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:24 PM

Anyone gets the new Harold and Kumar in 3D? I was going to pick it up but it was out everywhere so I went by a rental place and they told me they had shipping problems with it and thats why I couldn't find it anywhere.

Got mine from Amazon. Had a nice lenticular cover, also. Loved the movie! :booty:

#1189 KyleN

KyleN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:25 AM

I received my copy from Columbia House yesterday. Haven't watched it yet.

#1190 xhonzi

xhonzi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:04 AM

Fyi, Rio and Cars2 (3D) are part of Best Buy's buy 2 for $30. Maybe others.

#1191 dmdragon

dmdragon

Likes PIE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:06 AM

Fyi, Rio and Cars2 (3D) are part of Best Buy's buy 2 for $30. Maybe others.

The sku's in the ad match the regular editions. You will have to get lucky for them to give them to you.

#1192 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:31 AM

Finally got around to watching Legend of the Guardians, and it was pretty awesome. It's worth watching for the visuals alone IMO (though I liked the movie overall too).

#1193 xhonzi

xhonzi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:28 PM

The sku's in the ad match the regular editions. You will have to get lucky for them to give them to you.

I was in the store yesterday and the printout they had with the list plainly indicated the 3d versions.

But you may be right.

#1194 dmdragon

dmdragon

Likes PIE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:37 PM

I was in the store yesterday and the printout they had with the list plainly indicated the 3d versions.

But you may be right.

Best buy is always ymmv when it comes to mess ups on their website. They are doing this alot lately with putting 3d in the title of non-3d versions of movies. They did it with Harold and Kumar too, but I wasn't lucky on that one, although some were.

#1195 KyleN

KyleN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:42 PM

Hmm--it looks like all of the 3D versions of titles have been pulled off wbshop.com. Anyone know why?
I can't even get the Polar Express 3D BD I was supposed to get from my WB Insider Rewards points now.

#1196 opterasis

opterasis

Bullhonkery!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:52 PM

I snagged Saw 3D today. I told myself I was just going to wait for a Saw boxset and not bother with any individual releases, but it doesn't seem to be less than $40 anywhere, and a seller had it listed on amazon for $20 and I happened to have $20 in points on points2shop.com. Now hopefully I actually get the 3d version, and it wasn't a listing error.
My Bluray owned list

Spoiler

#1197 dmdragon

dmdragon

Likes PIE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:12 PM

I snagged Saw 3D today. I told myself I was just going to wait for a Saw boxset and not bother with any individual releases, but it doesn't seem to be less than $40 anywhere, and a seller had it listed on amazon for $20 and I happened to have $20 in points on points2shop.com. Now hopefully I actually get the 3d version, and it wasn't a listing error.

I posted this on blu-ray.com when I saw it last night when it was still 17.95 with 3 dollar shipping. I doubt it's an error, as someone else said they probably just didn't realize that the other sellers had it so high and fixed it back to 23.99. Mine did ship already and since they sell the 2d one for 9.99 this one has to be 3d. Why would they put the 2d one under 2 separate listings.

#1198 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:00 AM

I am picking up Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas from BB tonight. The only other 3D Blu-ray I own is Tron: Legacy.

155toba.gif2i6pefo.gif675n9f.gifhsl3pl.gif

#1199 opterasis

opterasis

Bullhonkery!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:03 AM

I posted this on blu-ray.com when I saw it last night when it was still 17.95 with 3 dollar shipping. I doubt it's an error, as someone else said they probably just didn't realize that the other sellers had it so high and fixed it back to 23.99. Mine did ship already and since they sell the 2d one for 9.99 this one has to be 3d. Why would they put the 2d one under 2 separate listings.

It's just the pessimist in me worrying. Crazier messups have happened with Amazon marketplace sellers before.

And thanks for posting that on blu-ray.com, I would have blown my p2s points on a 3d nature doc or something today had I not seen that.
My Bluray owned list

Spoiler

#1200 KyleN

KyleN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:26 PM

FYI Deep Discount is having a BOGO sale on select Blu-rays right now with PRES2012 code. Included in the sale are:
So both for $33.77 shipped.