3D Blu-Ray thread

• Please log in to reply
2946 replies to this topic

#1561 SweetP1983

SweetP1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:02 PM

Finally! I came close to buying the overpriced one a few times. Glad I held out.
135068.png]

#1562 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:06 PM

I have my personal copy. Buy it from me and it yours. ;)

#1563 Pounce!

Pounce!

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

I'm disappointed. I have the 2d extended edition and held out opening my 3d version in March. Now with no really 3d complete super edition, I guess its safe to take off the wrap.

#1564 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:04 PM

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008XBCJ34

Edited by shrike4242, 22 August 2012 - 03:53 PM.

#1565 KyleN

KyleN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:09 PM

I'm disappointed. I have the 2d extended edition and held out opening my 3d version in March. Now with no really 3d complete super edition, I guess its safe to take off the wrap.

I was hoping they might include the extended version on a 2D BD in this set, but if they are calling the 3D the way it was meant to be seen, then maybe they won't be including a 2D version at all.

#1566 jazzman

jazzman

Carpe diem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

I was hoping they might include the extended version on a 2D BD in this set, but if they are calling the 3D the way it was meant to be seen, then maybe they won't be including a 2D version at all.

I sense an inevitable double-dip by next year. I think they are calling this the definitive version, so to not diminish potential sales. I for one waited for the Director's cut, instead of double dipping.

#1567 edallasplanet

edallasplanet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

pre-ordered. thanks for the heads up!

#1568 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:26 PM

Go to the Amazon link above, click on the picture in the item page and then scroll up to the top.

It shows "Blu-Ray 3D / Blu-Ray / DVD" at the top, so it's a BD 3D disc, a BD 2D disc and a DVD disc in one package. My guess is 3D theatrical, 2D theatrical and DVD theatrical with minimal amounts of special features.

If you have the 3-disc extended CE they came out with after the cash-grab bare-bones version, then I'd suggest keeping it if you want the extended version on the 2nd disc and the extras on the 3rd disc.

#1569 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:55 PM

Dang, I haven't checked to see what's going on with the price of the Panasonic Avatar Blu-ray on eBay, but I'm guessing it's going to be difficult to get anywhere close to as much money for it now... BOO! I bought another starter set for the glasses and I apparently put off selling the Blu-ray for a bit too long...

#1570 dmdragon

dmdragon

Likes PIE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:58 PM

For some bazaar reason people are still paying 45 to 50 for this right now. I would sell it now if you can. The longer you wait, the harder it will be to get 50 for it.

#1571 lross

lross

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:44 PM

Not sure if this was posted or not as I don't check the thread too often but just got back from Fry's (Woodland Hills, CA) and saw that they had a few 3D blu ray discs for $9.99. I saw Cirque De Soleil and Green Hornet while perusing the aisle.

#1572 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:10 AM

Articles like this just piss me off, especially the title. It's like he's actually happy about the mere thought of 3D being dead. I can understand not being in to something, or not liking something, but I just don't get the hate for it.

http://m.kotaku.com/...od-as-dead-good

#1573 Sk

Sk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:48 AM

Articles like this just piss me off, especially the title. It's like he's actually happy about the mere thought of 3D being dead. I can understand not being in to something, or not liking something, but I just don't get the hate for it.

I personally love a good 3d game. Developers are finally making decent looking 3d game. I hope they continue.

#1574 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:19 PM

I find the article humorous because I think Kotaku is dead. :)

#1575 gambit444

gambit444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:48 PM

I find it funny that anyone can consider 2 paragraphs an article. furthermore, because peter moore of EA said it's not something there looking into = Dead tech? i didn't realize peter moore influenced tech so greatly!?

Note: He didn't even talk about movies, only 3D gaming but still made no distinction.

#1576 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:03 PM

I find it funny that anyone can consider 2 paragraphs an article. furthermore, because peter moore of EA said it's not something there looking into = Dead tech? i didn't realize peter moore influenced tech so greatly!?

Note: He didn't even talk about movies, only 3D gaming but still made no distinction.

Even further, I find it humorous that blogs are considered reputable sources of news. :lol: Journalism RIP.
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#1577 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:38 PM

I personally love a good 3d game. Developers are finally making decent looking 3d game. I hope they continue.

So far I've played through Dead Space 1 and 2 in 3D and am currently working on Alan Wake and so far all of these games have either needed hacks or mods created by someone other than nVidia or the Devs or in the case of Alan Wake were only partially fixed by the Devs. It's bothersome that PC games aren't implementing it like they initially should and when their customers are asking for fixes they just get partial fixes or no fixes at all. Anyway, the games looked incredible in 3D, it really adds to the experience if you ask me. I wouldn't want to play them any other way.

There's a few games coming out that I'm really interested in and if they come out supporting 3D vision properly I'll buy them on release, Dishonored and Remember Me to name a couple, if not I'll just have to play the waiting game. Wait for someone to fix them or wait for them to plummet in price. As far as Dishonored goes, I googled it and 3D vision and the first thing that popped up was someone asking if it was going to support 3D, basically all the replies were people bashing 3D. I just can't help but think that all this general hating on 3D is ruining it for the people that are into it or would/will be into it when they can.

:applause:

#1578 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:43 PM

$19.99 at Deep Discount
Disney's Secret of the Wings 4 disc set (3D/Bluray/DVD/Digital)
https://www.deepdisc...-THE-WINGS-2D3D

#1579 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:06 PM

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008XBCJ34

why did the price go up on it now it's 35.xx

#1580 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:41 PM

$19.99 at Deep Discount

I planned on getting this for my daughter....3D is a bonus...although, I'veread bad things about DD lately, plus they bill right away, correct?

#1581 KyleN

KyleN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:54 PM

I planned on getting this for my daughter....3D is a bonus...although, I'veread bad things about DD lately, plus they bill right away, correct?

I've seen these posts from people claiming they charge right away, but I haven't seen that personally. I poreordered Brave at their $20 price in July and never saw a charge. I also preordered this a few days ago and currently see a pending charge, but I would assume that's normal and will go away.

#1582 Stryffe2004

Stryffe2004

Overlord of the Obvious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:06 PM

why did the price go up on it now it's 35.xx

Saw that and thought it was the extended cut of the movie in 3D, but it looks like it is theatrical. Amazon may have gotten a lot of pre-orders and decided to push up the price for extra $$$.
Posted Image

#1583 darkdaze73

darkdaze73

Serious Fisherman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:40 PM

$19.99 at Deep Discount

Went ahead and put in a pre-order last week when I got the email. I was also able to take advantage of the "Share & Save" promo and get it for $17.99.

#1584 KyleN

KyleN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:45 PM

Saw this posted in another forum:
Get $5 off the purchase of Pirates! Band of Misfits on Blu-ray 3D combo pack or Blu-ray combo pack (exp. 10/28/2012) @ coupons.com

#1585 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:18 PM

Saw this posted in another forum:
Get $5 off the purchase of Pirates! Band of Misfits on Blu-ray 3D combo pack or Blu-ray combo pack (exp. 10/28/2012) @ coupons.com

If you want the 3D combo pack, take the coupon to Target and get it for $22.99 AC + tax.

Amazon has the 3D combo pack for $24.99 right now, so it ends up being about a dollar or so to have Amazon send it to you versus going to Target to pick it up.

#1586 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:21 PM

If you want the 3D combo pack, take the coupon to Target and get it for $22.99 AC + tax.

Amazon has the 3D combo pack for $24.99 right now, so it ends up being about a dollar or so to have Amazon send it to you versus going to Target to pick it up.

Walmart also has the 3D combo for $25, but I cant remember if they accept the coupons from the site. I only noticed it because I was going to buy it before I went to my Server class today but forgot too.
c230fb8bbd924924db8824b92aa424e3_0cdf051<---FFXIVARR Character Lodestone
549917_4220482276976_99161570_n.jpg<---Trade Listclonesniper6.png

#1587 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

Walmart also has the 3D combo for $25, but I cant remember if they accept the coupons from the site. I only noticed it because I was going to buy it before I went to my Server class today but forgot too.

I've used Coupons.com coupons at Walmart before. That would be the best deal with it being $20 AC + tax.

#1588 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:24 PM

Also - the Pirates! blu should come with some littlebigplanet DLC.
Spoiler

#1589 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:32 AM

I got lucky and was able to get BB to price match Walmart by showing the CSR the listing on the Walmart app on my phone. Top that with the $5 manu coupon and a $5 RZ cert and I left happy, paying just $15 in trade credit.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#1590 anderson4145

anderson4145

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:21 AM

Piranha 3DD dropped to $14.96 for pre-order
http://www.amazon.co...rds=piranha 3dd