3D Blu-Ray thread

• Please log in to reply
2907 replies to this topic

#1621 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:04 PM

Ordered, but I've had bad luck with the Used 3D blu-ray purchases from GoHastings (which has been the only error I've ever had with them though) getting the standard 2D instead. Still, fingers crossed.

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#1622 pythoncancer

pythoncancer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:47 AM

watched it in Imax,3D theater as i`m avid fan of 3D .its non stop action movie with a story that you expect from a zombie movie -straight forward but moving .

3D effects compared to first were disappointing .There are few out of screen shots but not much done .Director got lazy or studio old farts management pushed for limited 3D but it was disappointment while last installment still is benchmark for 3D movies to follow.

Milla Jovovich is getting old ( Kate Beckinsale of underworld though older yet rocks in S&M dressing ) They need to conclude franchise so can reboot it later with new faces .

#1623 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:18 AM

watched it in Imax,3D theater as i`m avid fan of 3D .its non stop action movie with a story that you expect from a zombie movie -straight forward but moving .

3D effects compared to first were disappointing .There are few out of screen shots but not much done .Director got lazy or studio old farts management pushed for limited 3D but it was disappointment while last installment still is benchmark for 3D movies to follow.

Milla Jovovich is getting old ( Kate Beckinsale of underworld though older yet rocks in S&M dressing ) They need to conclude franchise so can reboot it later with new faces .

I saw it in IMAX 3d yesterday also. I was a little bit disappointed with the 3D as well. I enjoyed the 3D more in Afterlife.

I just hope they have a chance to conclude the franchise. I'm afraid they will leave on one of those cliffhanger endings and then the movie studio will decide not to make anymore.
Spoiler

Jovovich has grown on me a lot over the course of these five movies. I was indifferent I guess. I didn't like her very much or dislike her very much in the beginning of the franchise. I don't really care if she looks any older than the original Resident Evil from 2002. I hope she keep making these damn movies forever. :)

I still enjoyed the new film and would watch it again.

#1624 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:38 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#1625 gossamer

gossamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:55 PM

Best Buy's website now has Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, Underworld: Awakening, and Smurfs for $20.

#1626 anderson4145

anderson4145

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

Best Buy's website now has Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, Underworld: Awakening, and Smurfs for $20.

The 3d in Ghost Rider was pretty bad other then the CGI parts. Also the movie sucked.

#1627 Sk

Sk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:04 PM

For sure pass on ghost rider. The trailer had far better 3d which confused me. I will give underworld a strong buy recommendation. The movie is bad but the 3d was great and made the movie entertaining enough for the 18 or so I paid. Even at 20 I'd say it's a buy.

#1628 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

Anyone get Piranha 3DD yet? I want to get since I loved the first one....ut I keep resisting. I have a feeling this wil be even cheaper soon and I'm in no hurry to see it.

to much boobs and blood and seamen

#1629 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:37 PM

I saw these in store for this price the other day.

I'm just spoiled now about spending $14.99 on so many due to the trade in deal, that I don't want to even spend $20 on them.

#1630 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:47 PM

Ight, I need to get a "3D setup" any recommendations? Like the cheapest/best 3D TV/Monitor(not the gamestop one) anything 23' or bigger (no homo)

and you can play 3D blu-rays on ps3 right?

#1631 bilbobagins3

bilbobagins3

HHH Buries Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

Ight, I need to get a "3D setup" any recommendations? Like the cheapest/best 3D TV/Monitor(not the gamestop one) anything 23' or bigger (no homo)

and you can play 3D blu-rays on ps3 right?

PS3 works for 3D blu just fine. I picked up a 51" Samsung plasma on amazon Black Friday last year for only $499. No tax, free shipping, right to my front door. It has been great. It did have something go faulty in it and it wouldn't turn on, but the tech came and fixed it in under 30min. They renewed the warranty for an additional year. It really needed to be fine tuned for the best picture possible but for the price and the fact the 3D glasses only run $20 it was a no brainer. If you have a room not filled with tons of light (causing glare) it's a winner.

http://www.amazon.co...48088807&sr=1-2

#1632 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:09 PM

Anything cheaper and smaller? I'll keep an eye on that, but I really dont like tvs too big. I have a 41' google smart tv and a 23' Asus monitor. To me the 41 is big enough for me. How is that plasma for 3D gaming?

#1633 bilbobagins3

bilbobagins3

HHH Buries Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:16 PM

Anything cheaper and smaller? I'll keep an eye on that, but I really dont like tvs too big. I have a 41' google smart tv and a 23' Asus monitor. To me the 41 is big enough for me. How is that plasma for 3D gaming?

The active glasses take some getting used to, but the look is awesome. The desert sequence in Uncharted 3 is stunning. The Zen Pinball 2 tables are so great. I want a Passive 3D because the glasses aren't as dull, but I guess technically the resolution is lower on those TVs when using 3D, so it's a give and take. People say 3D is a fad, but I dare anyone who isn't plagued by headaches or just too visually inept to see it properly to want to go back to all 2D after seeing so many great things in 3D. I refuse to buy any new film that has a 3D version in anything other then 3D.

#1634 anderson4145

anderson4145

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:18 AM

http://www.bestbuy.c...&ref=25&loc=PGR
Compared to my LG 3d tv this has much better 3d I also use it as my computer moniter. It's also great for gaming.

#1635 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:18 AM

I bought this back in June and have had absolutely no complaints.

http://www.amazon.co...d hdtv e3d420vx

I got it at Meijer (for those of you outside of MI and other parts of the Midwest, it is like Wal-Mart... But clean) for approx. $560 after taxes. I then threw on an additional 4 year warranty through SquareTrade for $72.

It is passive 3D which was one thing that I was really looking for since glasses are dirt cheap (or free from the movie theater) and I am willing to sacrifice resolution for a little more color in the image. It comes with numerous picture presets which I have found to be great. Between the football, game, and movie settings, they are tuned very well right out of the box. It also has a game mode built in that will take make sure the refresh rate is ideal for games.

The picture for Blu-Rays and even older DVDs is absolutely amazing. There is a level of depth perception in 2D that at times is even somewhat strange because of how real people and cars look.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#1636 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:51 AM

only 3d blus im getting this year are Avengers and Prometheus
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1637 armandxp

armandxp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:24 AM

Can't we talk about more blu ray 3d deals, and leave the tv's and etc. to another thread????? :)

#1638 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:06 PM

thanks for the info guys!

#1639 zman73

zman73

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:34 PM

Can't we talk about more blu ray 3d deals, and leave the tv's and etc. to another thread????? :)

It's still conversation about 3d, just the tv side of it... Doesn't bother me, as I wait on my 82" Mitsubishi 3d to arrive

I too have been less tempted at the $20 price point on the 3d titles, unless it was the Toy Story movies, which I had already bought before my tv.

#1640 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:55 PM

I got a shipping notice on my Avengers 3D combo pack from DD yesterday, cancelled Amazon this morning.

Also, Kudos to GoHastings: This time we got all our $7 used 3D blu-rays without a hitch, Smurfs even had the slipcover- my kid was ecstatic.

My Trade list:

#1641 armandxp

armandxp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:54 PM

It's still conversation about 3d, just the tv side of it... Doesn't bother me, as I wait on my 82" Mitsubishi 3d to arrive

I too have been less tempted at the $20 price point on the 3d titles, unless it was the Toy Story movies, which I had already bought before my tv.

Just trying to keep the thread on track. It is the '3D Blu-Ray thread'. I wasn't trying to be rude, either.. :)

Looks like Thor 3D will be on sale for 19.99 at Best Buy this coming week. This is one I've passed on for a while...

#1642 anderson4145

anderson4145

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:50 PM

Sony 3D glasses 29.99 and free shipping at Bestbuy
http://www.bestbuy.c...=1312731&loc=01

#1643 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:08 AM

Just trying to keep the thread on track. It is the '3D Blu-Ray thread'. I wasn't trying to be rude, either.. :)

Looks like Thor 3D will be on sale for 19.99 at Best Buy this coming week. This is one I've passed on for a while...

Its 3d elements are pretty forgettable and, IMHO, are bad for the most part- it's pretty obvious it's a post facto 3D title.

Trying to find something positive to say about the 3d: I did like the CGI sequences involving the rainbow bridge and the 3d menu is really cool.

Aside from the 3D- I really liked the movie. Branagh had fun with the characters and I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would.

My Trade list:

#1644 Pounce!

Pounce!

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:37 AM

Just trying to keep the thread on track. It is the '3D Blu-Ray thread'...

Seconded. I read this thread exclusively for cheapass 3d blu's. Others for reviews and hardware.

#1645 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:10 AM

Seconded. I read this thread exclusively for cheapass 3d blu's. Others for reviews and hardware.

Vetoed. :lol:

#1646 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:12 AM

I've noticed Piranha 3DD is $3.99 to rent on the Playstation store....I might try it for that. They are usually $7.50 for a 3D rental.

#1647 anderson4145

anderson4145

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:25 AM

Amazon price matched the avengers 3d blu-ray it's now $24.99 and $19.99 if you pre-ordered it and used the $5 off coupon.
http://www.amazon.co...ils_o00_s00_i00

#1648 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:55 AM

Supposedly target is going to have it for 19.99 because the regular blu ray version does not have everything advertised in the ad.

#1649 htz

htz

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:15 AM

Supposedly target is going to have it for 19.99 because the regular blu ray version does not have everything advertised in the ad.

http://cdnroot.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=8392&pictureid=28518

It's real!

#1650 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:35 AM

UGh.....now I have to try and return my Best Buy preorder...such a hassle going to multiple stores. Although, with Best Buy silver, I have 60 days to pricematch....odds are the 3D version will be cheap, correctt?