3D Blu-Ray thread

• Please log in to reply
2873 replies to this topic

#1711 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:03 PM

I got denied because the associate said the coupons only work on retail prices and Prometheus was on sale. I didn't even have my DVD with so figured it was no big deal but I could see that scenario happening to others.

#1712 Zimmy

Zimmy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:13 PM

I used a coupon without issue on Prometheus 3D.
Posted Image

#1713 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

I picked up the Prometheus 3D set. (I really wanted the additional extra features disc) Unfortunately, my brother is getting married this weekend and I simply do not have the time to check out the special features. Hopefully I'll be able to get around to it some time next week.

#1714 gossamer

gossamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:22 PM

Picked up Prometheus 3D yesterday no problem, but the cashier did tell me the system wouldn't ring up the coupon for some titles earlier in the week. Seems to be fixed though.

#1715 noone13

noone13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

I got denied because the associate said the coupons only work on retail prices and Prometheus was on sale. I didn't even have my DVD with so figured it was no big deal but I could see that scenario happening to others.

I know at the store I go to the issue wasn't the movie you were buying buy rather the coupons themselves. The coupons wouldn't scan right, they had to use 5 of the mobile upgrade coupons instead of the ones they had at customer service. This U&S has been one of the most poorly run of all the times they have done it from what I have seen.

#1716 Transformah

Transformah

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

I'm hearing from various forums that Best Buy are giving some a hard time about using the trade up coupons with 3D movies.
Anyone have any issues this week?

I was told by the customer service manager that they don't work on 3D movies when I picked up Prometheus. The coupon didn't ring for the 3D combo pack, but worked on ET and Red Dawn. She gave it to me anyway, and I did point out that I use them on 3D disks all the time, and that they advertise the discount on 3D disks in their flyers.

Also, she wouldn't let me get a coupon without using it immediately because "they expire on the 20th". I pointed out that the 20th was 11 days away but she didn't care.

#1717 armandxp

armandxp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

Best Buy is sooo notorious for having the least trained, idiotic people working for them. Every time I have a store pickup, preorder, coupon, etc. I absolutely dread dealing with them, but it's kinda fun to see how many people it takes to solve a simple problem. Best Buy is really hurting in sales and the company is not doing well. I would say at least 50% of this could be fixed, by just training your employees, and making the POS more user friendly for the employee's......<END OF RANT>

#1718 rapsodist

rapsodist

My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

Just watched the silica storm scene in Prometheus 3D. Almost wanted to shield my eyes from the fragments. 8-)

#1719 jman2avatar

jman2avatar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

I had no problem using the upgrade and save coupon on Prometheus.

#1720 reemer99

reemer99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

How are people having issues? It's in the weekly ad that the 3d Prometheus is 19.99 after coupon. Just make them look at their own weekly ad. That should debunk both the 3d and sale price issue.

#1721 exceed19

exceed19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:16 AM

Has anyone watched Bait 3d? Thinking about getting it but want to know how the 3d/movie is. Since they are making another it must have been allright.

Yes, it was OK. It has a mainly non-american cast (aussie I think?). I would rate it at a 7/10 - and I love shark movies. The 3d effect was predictable, but there were a few cool scenes. I am on the fence about recommending it as a purchase, but give a full rental recommendation. If you like shark/horror movies then it is a good addition to your collection, however if your looking for something to really display your 3d tv, I would say pick something else.

#1722 hauz20

hauz20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

In my case, I traded in five DVDs and while waiting for some CS rep to help me, went to gather the BRs I was purchasing. Prometheus 3D was one of them. Made my purchase, went back to work and realized despite the coupon being scanned, it didn't actually take $5 off. Had to go back and argue for about five minutes but finally got it.

#1723 WRXKayaker

WRXKayaker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:22 AM

I picked up Prometheus today. It's a blind buy for me, but I'm a big fan of the Alien Trilogy (AvP not so much). I hope I'm not let down.

Currently Playing:   :pc: Batman: Arkham Origins     :ps3: Far Cry 3

Recently Completed:    :pc: Bioshock Infinite   :ps3: GTA V

Steam Profile

#1724 Gameboy415

Gameboy415

16-bits of awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:03 AM

I picked up Prometheus 3D, Hugo 3D, and TinTin 3D @ BB this week using Upgrade & Save coupons. :D
I'm looking forward to picking up Avatar 3D on Tuesday as well.

I'm considering grabbing Captain America 3D & Thor 3D for $19.99 each, but I'm thinking they might get cheaper down the line.
On a related note, has anyone seen the new Ghost Rider? If so, was it any good?
How about Drive Angry or Immortals?
Posted Image

#1725 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:25 AM

I picked up Prometheus 3D, Hugo 3D, and TinTin 3D @ BB this week using Upgrade & Save coupons. :D

I'm considering grabbing Captain America 3D & Thor 3D for $19.99 each, but I'm thinking they might get cheaper down the line.

I've seen Immortals, and while it wasn't the best movie (3D or otherwise), I enjoyed it well enough.

#1726 SweetP1983

SweetP1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:30 AM

Rented Ghost Rider and hated it. Nothing like the first one. Saw Immortals at the theaters. Good movie to watch once and that's it.
135068.png]

#1727 kilik64

kilik64

Carefree, Wherever We May Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:35 AM

I got both of them for that price when The Avengers came out, they had them on sale for that price.

Highly doubt you will ever see them less than that.

rcerboss bet his CAG card and lost, and now wont leave. 

http://www.cheapassg...te-september-9/

#1728 pvtpyle

pvtpyle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:38 AM

I also thought Ghost Rider was pretty bad. Took me 3 nights to finish it. I did like Immortals and Drive Angry. Drive Angry was just a fun movie with a fair amount of good 3D use.

I, like a lot of others, went and picked up Prometheus 3D and the Alien Trilogy with the upgrade and save coupons. Next week Avatar 3D. Wish Alien Resurrection was on sale for 9.99 also for the complete Alien collection (disregarding AVP)

#1729 anderson4145

anderson4145

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

Just a heads up if anyone cares the new Avatar 3d release is exactly the same as the Panasonic exclusive one. So there's no need to "upgrade" if you already own it.

#1730 Pounce!

Pounce!

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

Just a heads up if anyone cares the new Avatar 3d release is exactly the same as the Panasonic exclusive one. So there's no need to "upgrade" if you already own it.

Really? No special features at all? So just different artwork and DVD for $20. Lucky, I'll stick to Panny 3D and ECE.

#1731 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:43 AM

I got both of them for that price when The Avengers came out, they had them on sale for that price.

Highly doubt you will ever see them less than that.

If Harry Potter went for 10 bucks last year anything is possible. I am really hoping for some cheap 3D movies before Christmas.

#1732 exceed19

exceed19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:08 AM

I also thought Ghost Rider was pretty bad. Took me 3 nights to finish it. I did like Immortals and Drive Angry. Drive Angry was just a fun movie with a fair amount of good 3D use.

I, like a lot of others, went and picked up Prometheus 3D and the Alien Trilogy with the upgrade and save coupons. Next week Avatar 3D. Wish Alien Resurrection was on sale for 9.99 also for the complete Alien collection (disregarding AVP)

Why did you get the trilogy? I got the quadrilogy for 24.99, prometheus 3d, and both avp's when I went, along with the newer friday the 13th and new ghost rider 3d.

#1733 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:11 PM

If Harry Potter went for 10 bucks last year anything is possible. I am really hoping for some cheap 3D movies before Christmas.

I think Harry Potter went so cheap because each store had like 50+ copies sitting there collecting dust. My store had an endcap completely packed with them, and when it was on sale for $10, they didn't put a sale sign on it and they sold maybe a copy or two.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#1734 Pounce!

Pounce!

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

The Harry Potter 3Ds were BBY exclusives last year. Guess they had too many. (also were a PS3 bundle iirc)

#1735 anderson4145

anderson4145

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

http://www.amazon.co...m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

#1736 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:16 PM

Nice find!
3DS: AC New Leaf | PSV:Resistance/Black Ops/MGS 3 SE | PS4: Ghosts/Killzone | Wii U: SC: Blacklist | PS3: TWD S2 | Xbox360: GoWJ | Xbox1: DR3

...*I* am said douche (as if y'all didn't know)...

I just had sex with my mom and she gave me flowers

#1737 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:36 PM

The Harry Potter 3Ds were BBY exclusives last year. Guess they had too many. (also were a PS3 bundle iirc)

This. And yes, they also had the the PS3 bundle. I got one for $200 earlier this year because they were trying to get rid of them.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#1738 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

I've got Avatar 2D, while the movie was a solid 7/10 from me, it's not something I'd wanna watch a lot. Is the 3D *that* much better? As in, is it the life-changing experience everyone said it was? I saw it first on blu-ray, not in the theaters.

#1739 anderson4145

anderson4145

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

I've got Avatar 2D, while the movie was a solid 7/10 from me, it's not something I'd wanna watch a lot. Is the 3D *that* much better? As in, is it the life-changing experience everyone said it was? I saw it first on blu-ray, not in the theaters.

Life changing experience, no movie is that good. It is way better than the 2d version though.

#1740 reemer99

reemer99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:39 AM

Thanks, this will let me keep my Steelbook sealed.