3D Blu-Ray thread

• Please log in to reply
2743 replies to this topic

#2041 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

I'm glad I never repurchased Crank, going to definitely get it in 3D, I wonder if Descent would be even creepier in 3D.

#2042 rockstarnati

rockstarnati

PlayStation 4 Day One Owners Club

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:05 AM

Anybody seen and have an opinion on this? Worth a purchase?

PSN: rockstarnati | XBL: rockstarnati

Check out this thread to get an Xbox One or $480 cash/gift card for FREE! This is 100% legit!

The more CAGs who do it, the more CAGs who get free Xbox Ones, cash or gift cards!!!

Here. Have another! FREE Wii U or $350 cash!

But wait, there's moreFREE PS Vita or $300 cash!

And more still! FREE iPad Mini or $430 cash!

#2043 Kain

Kain

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:24 AM

I'm glad I never repurchased Crank, going to definitely get it in 3D, I wonder if Descent would be even creepier in 3D.

My first thought was, "How are we even going to be able to see anything?" since most of the movie takes place in a cave, and the glasses will just make things even darker.

Last Six Years of Completed Games: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014.

#2044 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

http://www.thedigita...113_1600/Page-2

Down at the bottom of the page under the last embedded video:

"While we’re talking 3D, Lionsgate has just announced (at CES) a new partnership with Samsung to begin converting some of the studio’s popular theatrical titles to 3D for distribution on disc and streaming. Initial titles include Gamer, Crank, Descent and Bangkok Dangerous."

Interesting! None of those titles appeal to me, but I'd be curious to check them out in 3D... I mean, I'd probably only borrow them to see if the conversions were any good, but I'll most likely see them at some point.

I'm much more interested in the glasses-free displays... too bad I don't have anywhere close to $10K to blow on a TV! :(

#2045 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

My first thought was, "How are we even going to be able to see anything?" since most of the movie takes place in a cave, and the glasses will just make things even darker.

Most tvs keep a separate set of picture settings for 3d that you can adjust while watching something in 3d. Just bump up the contrast and brightness up a bit from your calibrated movie mode settings for 3d to adjust for the glasses making things darker.

Edited by dmaul1114, 24 February 2013 - 06:15 PM.

#2046 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

Here's hoping they skip Crank 2 in 3D. Loved the movie, but I'd rather not see the horsetrack scene in 3D. :-#

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#2047 Kain

Kain

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

Most tvs keep a separate set of picture settings for 3d that you can adjust while watching something in 3d. Just bumptious the contrast and brightness up a bit from your calibrated movie mode settings for 3d to adjust for the glasses making things darker.

Hmmm... I don't think they considered that feature in my screen, I have the brightness/contrast turned up practically all the way as is. But then, I'm not using a television, I'm using a ViewSonic V3D245 3D monitor. I just know that while attempting to watch Fright Night 3D, it was mostly a dark, black mess.

Last Six Years of Completed Games: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014.

#2048 hauz20

hauz20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

YMMV but I picked up Dredd for $7.95 at my local Family Video despite the sticker on it saying $9.95. It contains both the 2D and 3D versions on the one disc.

#2049 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

Damn... that gives me a reason to hit Family Video.

#2050 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

Anybody seen and have an opinion on this? Worth a purchase?

Curious as well, from the title it sounds like a real life Dead Island but from the cover and the reviews it just sounds like the wildlife and island itself and not the cannibals.

#2051 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

Hmmm... I don't think they considered that feature in my screen, I have the brightness/contrast turned up practically all the way as is. But then, I'm not using a television, I'm using a ViewSonic V3D245 3D monitor. I just know that while attempting to watch Fright Night 3D, it was mostly a dark, black mess.

Ah, makes sense. Monitors don't tend to have the array of picture options that TVs do in terms of allowing for multiple settings etc.

I'm on a Panasonic 55" TC-L55ET5 3D LED set currently.

#2052 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

Saw Top Gun 3D at Costco yesterday for $25. Is the conversion any good?
Spoiler

#2053 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

sadly no.

#2054 darkdaze73

darkdaze73

Serious Fisherman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

http://bluray.highde...top_gun_3d.html

#2055 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

This isn't an amazing deal, by any means. The regular price at Target is $25.

sadly no.

Really? Have you actually seen it?

I feel that it is possibly the best after-the-fact 3D conversion yet. The amount of work that went into it is very obvious and things like vapor trails from jets look amazingly realistic and accurate!

Even though I'm not a fan of this film at all, I'd actually consider watching it again... I would imagine that anyone who actually likes this movie and enjoys 3D films would LOVE it!

#2056 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

Yes I've seen it at IMAX 3D

#2057 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

Yes I've seen it at IMAX 3D

I'm curious as to what your issues with the conversion happen to be. 'Top Gun' seemed to me to almost look like it was filmed in 3D for the majority of the running time.

The only thing I noticed was that the grain was quite strong with this one, but it looked natural, so I dismissed it immediately. I guess IMAX must've blown that up quite a bit, so I could see where that might become an issue; it looks more than fine in HD!

#2058 xhonzi

xhonzi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

Really? Have you actually seen it?

I feel that it is possibly the best after-the-fact 3D conversion yet. The amount of work that went into it is very obvious and things like vapor trails from jets look amazingly realistic and accurate!

Even though I'm not a fan of this film at all, I'd actually consider watching it again... I would imagine that anyone who actually likes this movie and enjoys 3D films would LOVE it!

http://thedigitalbit...ay-danger-zones

Apparently the IMAX version sucks and the Blu-Ray is awesome.

#2059 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:10 AM

This isn't an amazing deal, by any means. The regular price at Target is $25.

And it was $20 at Best Buy last week, up to $25 now. I hesitated too long...

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#2060 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:23 AM

I'm curious as to what your issues with the conversion happen to be. 'Top Gun' seemed to me to almost look like it was filmed in 3D for the majority of the running time.

The only thing I noticed was that the grain was quite strong with this one, but it looked natural, so I dismissed it immediately. I guess IMAX must've blown that up quite a bit, so I could see where that might become an issue; it looks more than fine in HD!

The opening was rough, but that was because of the film grain. The other scene that looked off to me was when they focus on the open hatch of the plane (I believe its when Mav gets out of the plane for the first time after Goose dies).

Aside from that I thought the conversion was good. Then again, I thought the Jurassic Park trailer looked good as well and everyone seems to be shitting on that.

Posted Image

#2061 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

And it was $20 at Best Buy last week, up to $25 now. I hesitated too long...

Still $20 on Amazon.

#2062 pablo escobar

pablo escobar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:40 AM

The opening was rough, but that was because of the film grain. The other scene that looked off to me was when they focus on the open hatch of the plane (I believe its when Mav gets out of the plane for the first time after Goose dies).

Aside from that I thought the conversion was good. Then again, I thought the Jurassic Park trailer looked good as well and everyone seems to be shitting on that.

For some reason I noticed the grain pretty much throughout the entire movie (when watching in 3d)

#2063 movie_mike

movie_mike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:32 PM

While not officially announced, it was said on the Arnold Fan Page that Predator 3D will be released later this year... Man - I couldn't be happier. I LOVE Predator! I wonder how many more back-catalog releases like this we can expect?

#2064 Sk

Sk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:29 AM

While not officially announced, it was said on the Arnold Fan Page that Predator 3D will be released later this year... Man - I couldn't be happier. I LOVE Predator! I wonder how many more back-catalog releases like this we can expect?

you and me both. This is great news, now if only running man could get converted. We can only dream...

#2065 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

you and me both. This is great news, now if only running man could get converted. We can only dream...

Done: http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B008GU716C

#2066 NightCat

NightCat

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

Clowns from outer space FTW! haha i so buy that.

#2067 Sk

Sk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:08 AM

Done: http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B008GU716C

You sir just made me nut myself! Running man was my all time favorite movie as a kid.

#2068 LoveDragonDon

LoveDragonDon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:50 AM

How come they didn't make the Cirque Du Soleil Worlds Away in 3D?

#2069 LoveDragonDon

LoveDragonDon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:53 AM

Ok NM they did.

#2070 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

Clowns from outer space FTW! haha i so buy that.

Apparently they are working on a sequel that is supposed to be in 3D. Although, a google search shows it was slated for 2012.