3D Blu-Ray thread

• Please log in to reply
2891 replies to this topic

#181 Steggy

Steggy

Shhhhhhhhh

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:11 AM

Watching saw 3d a the moment.... tried watching it with the fiance and she had enough after the opening kill scene.

Impressed with the 3d effects and a fan of the whole series... was a bit dissapointed with the wrapup to the series.

#182 msu89dawgs

msu89dawgs

Are you threatening me?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2011 - 04:07 PM

Got my Avatar 3-D Blu-ray from the DMP-BDT100 Blu-ray player promotion yesterday. It took about 3 1/2 weeks from the day I mailed in the rebate documentation. Now if I can just get the BDT100 sold, I'll be set...

Edit : Just sold the Blu-ray player on eBay. After selling the player, including the eBay seller fees, shipping cost and PayPal fees, I got the Avatar 3-D Blu-ray for 14 cents.

Edited by msu89dawgs, 03 February 2011 - 07:47 PM.

iconbluraypng.png - 395
DVD - 157

#183 AngellicLulu

AngellicLulu

Aria of the Fates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:27 PM

Got my Avatar 3-D Blu-ray from the DMP-BDT100 Blu-ray player promotion yesterday. It took about 3 1/2 weeks from the day I mailed in the rebate documentation. Now if I can just get the BDT100 sold, I'll be set...

Edit: Just sold the Blu-ray player on eBay. My net cost for the Avatar 3-D Blu-ray after selling the player, including the eBay seller fees and PayPal fees, was 94 cents...

most impressive.

Posted Image

#184 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2011 - 05:42 PM

I wonder if we should set up a 3D Blu-Ray TRADE thread? I'm looking to trade my copy of Resident Evil Afterlife for another 3D movie. I enjoyed the movie, but not enough for multiple viewings.

#185 beatngurnuts

beatngurnuts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2011 - 05:43 PM

I was thinking the same thing, we should definitely do that.

#186 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:26 PM

Anyone have a Panasonic 3D TV? I'm debating if I should get the Avatar Starter bundle or if I should just get a pair of the newer fitted Panasonic Glasses.
Posted Image

#187 beatngurnuts

beatngurnuts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:31 PM

Just got my avatar 3D Blu-ray :) I know what I am watching tonight.

#188 basketb

basketb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:31 PM

Anyone have a Panasonic 3D TV? I'm debating if I should get the Avatar Starter bundle or if I should just get a pair of the newer fitted Panasonic Glasses.

I've got a Panasonic 3D TV but I don't know what you mean by "the newer fitted Panasonic Glasses". Do you have a link to the description of these?

#189 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:47 PM

I've got a Panasonic 3D TV but I don't know what you mean by "the newer fitted Panasonic Glasses". Do you have a link to the description of these?

I think they came out a couple of weeks ago. They come in 3 sizes; small, medium and large. It sounds like the biggest improvement over the other ones is that you can get one that better fits your head and it uses a power switch instead of a button.

http://www.amazon.co...96859433&sr=8-4

How do you like your glasses? I'm leaning towards the Avatar starter pack.

Edit: Upon further inspection, I think the Avatar glasses are part of the same series, but they're adjustable. I think I'll just buy the Avatar ones.

http://www.amazon.co...96860764&sr=1-3

Edited by KillerRamen, 04 February 2011 - 11:07 PM.

Posted Image

#190 basketb

basketb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:19 PM

Yes, the glasses in the Avatar starter kit are the new ones. They are medium size. I usually wear prescription glasses and find the older ones more comfortable than the new medium ones (I don't have any of the new large ones to compare to). However, when I wear contact lenses, then the medium ones are also comfortable.

#191 AngellicLulu

AngellicLulu

Aria of the Fates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2011 - 12:50 AM

Tron Legacy was added to Amazon
make sure to clip the 5 dollar coupon

Posted Image

#192 sunnysky

sunnysky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2011 - 02:54 PM

I like the Trade thread idea. I'd like to get my hands on "How to train your dragon".
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/Falso+Reality"][/URL]

#193 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:07 PM

I set up the trade thread here: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=286268

#194 thesis88

thesis88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:05 PM

@thesis88 In regards to your sony question, I bought my Bravia 46" on Black Friday and I signed up for the free Blu-Rays the following Monday. I had both my Michael Jackson and Bolt in the mail the following Tuesday. It took approximately 8 days from me registering to me actually receiving the Blu-Rays. That 4-6 weeks was BS. It didn't even take two weeks for me.

Apparently it's not BS because the order is still processing on my end and it's been over 2 weeks now... :-( Still waiting on Bolt and Michael Jackson's This is It (3D Blu-rays from Sony).

#195 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:34 PM

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 3D is currently $18.49 at Amazon.
http://www.amazon.co...m=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Posted Image

#196 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:24 PM

Not bad price for Cloudy, but I think I'm going to spend the money on something else, thanks.

#197 bburpee

bburpee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:49 PM

DirecTV and Ps3 both have 3-D HiDef pay-per-view now. Vudu (available on Ps3) also claims to have 3D movies, but nothing decent yet except previews.

Watch Step-Up 3D the other day on my 55" Samsung and it was pretty badass for $7.49, since I'd probably buy the Blu-Ray and watch it maybe twice.

DirecTV this week has: My Soul to Take 3D ($6.99), Saw 3D, Shrek Forever After, Meet the Robinsons

PSN Store has: ($5) Bolt, Chicken Little, Miley Cyrus, Dark Country, A Christmas Carol, Jonas Bros, The Mad Magician, Meet the Robinsons, Monster House, Open Season 3D, and two Three Stooges flicks. For $7.50 you can rent Resident Evil Afterlife 3D and Step Up 3D.

#198 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:47 PM

$5 isn't bad, anything more than that and I'd rather just put it towards the bluray. I'll have to check them out. I got a free HD rental from Vudu, just had to give them my email address and then it credited my account $5.99, not sure if you could just put that towards a 3D movie or not. We watched Despicable Me and I was impressed with the quality.

#199 AngellicLulu

AngellicLulu

Aria of the Fates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:44 PM

yogi bear 3d: March 22nd

Posted Image

#200 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:01 PM

I know it's a little off the Blu-Ray topic but it is 3D. I just wanted to mention to anyone who has a PS3 that Vudu has a bunch of trailers of upcoming 3D movies they'll be offering. The trailers are, obviously, in 3D and I was going through them this morning. I started with Tangled, and worked my way through Alice, Toy Story 3 and a few others and they were ok but it wasn't until I got to Disney's A Christmas Carol that I was wowed. That movie looks incredible in 3D and I think it might even warrant a purchase.

#201 Sk

Sk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:05 PM

Anyone thinks it's bullshit that Jackass 3D isn't going to be available in 3D-bluray format? Thats one 3d movie I missed out in theaters thinking I'd just pick it up for my home 3D set.

#202 turls

turls

Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2011 - 10:04 PM

Anyone thinks it's bullshit that Jackass 3D isn't going to be available in 3D-bluray format? Thats one 3d movie I missed out in theaters thinking I'd just pick it up for my home 3D set.

Double dip? Or are we seeing the beginning throes of death of 3D BD format? I haven't seen sales numbers, but I don't know how a few are sitting at my rural Wal-Mart and I expect them to stop doing that.

Also, was it filmed in 3D?

EDIT: word is it was filmed in 3D. That's a shame. Real bad precedent to come out with the red/blue crap instead at this point.

#203 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:36 AM

That sucks about jackass

#204 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:44 AM

Ah suck balls, I was looking forward to watch Jackass 3D at home, what the hell! Is there a petition or something?

#205 thesis88

thesis88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:08 PM

Well, I received "Bolt" And Michael Jackson's "This is it" in 3D. They were shipped to my address on the 15th. Thanks Sony! :D

#206 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:11 PM

I hope that the rumors that Jackass 3D will be a Best Buy exclusive are true, but at the same time I don't want to pay $35. :bomb:
Posted Image

#207 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:34 PM

I hope that the rumors that Jackass 3D will be a Best Buy exclusive are true, but at the same time I don't want to pay $35. :bomb:

Hmm, thanks for the info, if this is true at least it's available. We'll see...

Oh, PSN got the 3D SI Swimsuit video...

#208 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:33 PM

Nice, my Shrek Forever After 3D Blu showed up today from Samsung. Surprisingly, it took less than 2 weeks since I registered for it only.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#209 thesis88

thesis88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:08 PM

Nice, my Shrek Forever After 3D Blu showed up today from Samsung. Surprisingly, it took less than 2 weeks since I registered for it only.

Lucky you, I waited 4 weeks for Sony to send my movies (Bolt & Michael Jackson's This Is It).

#210 rust in peace

rust in peace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:17 PM

I had to wait a month for mine. When I registered it it said the upc had been used so I had to call and straighten it out. What's funny is I bought extra glasses with How to Train your Dragon 2 days later and registered that and got it in like 5 days. I'm going to be selling my Shrek 3D collection(don't like em) but not sure where.