3D Blu-Ray thread

• Please log in to reply
2883 replies to this topic

#211 crowbb

crowbb

Watch out for snakes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2011 - 02:36 AM

Got my Shrek fast too. I think it was only like 5 days after I registered on the website. I wouldn't have minded waiting the 8-10 weeks though....I haven't even watched the first one yet.

#212 basketb

basketb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2011 - 06:32 AM

Amazon currently has the Xpand Universal X103 3D Glasses for a low $84. (I don't need any glasses right now, but if I did, I'd give these a try.)

#213 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:25 PM

Amazon currently has the Xpand Universal X103 3D Glasses for a low $84. (I don't need any glasses right now, but if I did, I'd give these a try.)

Anyone use these with a Samsung TV? I have the LED 7000 series. I really don't like the glasses that came in the bundle w/MvA. They are uncomfortable after a while using

#214 johnmstewart

johnmstewart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:52 AM

TV will be delivered tomorrow!!!

Have 8 movies waiting for it...

Thinking of going Alice in Wonderland first...

Really want to get Avatar...damn exclusives!
Click the Picture to see My TradeList!

Posted Image

#215 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:55 AM

for a low $84

Unfortunately they're up to $97.94 now...

Personally, I think if I buy any more glasses I'm going to get the Avatar set and sell off Avatar. Two pairs of glasses for roughly $150 isn't too bad. They aren't cross-platform compatible, but at least I don't have to deal with inaccurate color reproduction. At least that's what I've heard about these, due to different TV manufacturers using differently colored tints on the lenses...

#216 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:57 AM

Really want to get Avatar...damn exclusives!

Hey, if you have about $120 you can easily get a copy of Avatar on eBay. Which is the exact reason that I no longer have my copy of Avatar. ;)

#217 johnmstewart

johnmstewart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:37 AM

there are several copies on my CL for about 100...too much for me...I can wait until next year...

I will continue to watch it at best buy.
Click the Picture to see My TradeList!

Posted Image

#218 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:21 PM

Amazon dropped the price of the 2D/3D/DVD/DC combo pack for Alice In Wonderland (Burton) down to $24.99:

http://www.amazon.co...duct/B0043EV774

#219 thesis88

thesis88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:20 PM

Amazon dropped the price of the 2D/3D/DVD/DC combo pack for Alice In Wonderland (Burton) down to $24.99:

http://www.amazon.co...duct/B0043EV774

Good price! Too bad the movie wasn't very good (plot wise) in my opinion, but everything in the movie looked phenomenal in 3D.

#220 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:37 PM

Good price! Too bad the movie wasn't very good (plot wise) in my opinion, but everything in the movie looked phenomenal in 3D.

If you have or can get a POP from the DVD pack or the two different BD packs (single BD or 3-disc BD/DVD/DC), there's a $10 rebate off of the 3D combo pack. All you need is the POP from the prior title, the POP from the new 3D combo pack and your receipt. Took about 6 weeks for the rebate to show up.

You could also trade in the original movie you have to Amazon for some money back as well. After the rebate and the trade-in, you should be able to net the 3D combo pack for under $10.

#221 AngellicLulu

AngellicLulu

Aria of the Fates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:08 PM

Gulliver's Travels available for preorder

Posted Image

#222 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:19 PM

Gulliver's Travels available for preorder

Looks like it's coming either as DVD or a 3-disc BD set, which I'm assuming will be 3D BD / 2D BD / DVD + DC.

#223 basketb

basketb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:52 PM

Looks like it's coming either as DVD or a 3-disc BD set, which I'm assuming will be 3D BD / 2D BD / DVD + DC.

The link in the OP to amazon shows: Number of discs: 1
So maybe 3D and 2D BD on one disc.

#224 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:12 AM

The link in the OP to amazon shows: Number of discs: 1
So maybe 3D and 2D BD on one disc.

This is what I'm seeing when I searched for "gulliver's travels 2010":

http://www.amazon.co...t/dp/B002ZG97WO

Shows 3 discs in that package, so it's:
3D BD + 2D BD / 2nd BD disc of extras / DVD + DC
or 3D BD / 2D BD / DVD + DC
or 3D BD / 2D BD / DVD w/o DC

We'll know more closer to release date, obviously.

#225 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:51 AM

3rd party glasses recs?
Just picked up a samsung plasma

#226 basketb

basketb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:12 AM

This is what I'm seeing when I searched for "gulliver's travels 2010":

http://www.amazon.co...t/dp/B002ZG97WO

Shows 3 discs in that package, so it's:
3D BD + 2D BD / 2nd BD disc of extras / DVD + DC
or 3D BD / 2D BD / DVD + DC
or 3D BD / 2D BD / DVD w/o DC

We'll know more closer to release date, obviously.

But that listing doesn't say anything about 3D whereas the one linked in the OP at least has 3D in its title.

#227 Lorddraco07

Lorddraco07

aka Nirran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:31 PM

Seems the green hornet is getting a 3D release as well! The 3D was decent in theaters but still an enjoyable movie.
http://www.amazon.co...98654993&sr=1-2

Edit: Just noticed it was under TBA in the op.
Posted Image

#228 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:24 PM

But that listing doesn't say anything about 3D whereas the one linked in the OP at least has 3D in its title.

I guess they're doing a stand-alone 3D BD release, as well as a 3-disc release that's 2D.

#229 AngellicLulu

AngellicLulu

Aria of the Fates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 09:01 PM

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5927
Inception is being converted to 3D.

Posted Image

#230 basketb

basketb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:10 AM

I think you may have assumed correctly after all. A guy on ebay lists this as BD3D / BD / DVD / DC and so does blu-ray.com.

#231 ILikeMe1337

ILikeMe1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:39 PM

I just bought Alice In Wonderland on 3D Blu-ray Disc with no upgrade rebate form inside, do I have to use the "Magic Code" on the movie rewards website to print it out or something? Anyone have a link to a printable version? (That is if the rebate will even work with a 'duplicate')

#232 basketb

basketb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:54 PM

I just bought Alice In Wonderland on 3D Blu-ray Disc with no upgrade rebate form inside, do I have to use the "Magic Code" on the movie rewards website to print it out or something? Anyone have a link to a printable version? (That is if the rebate will even work with a 'duplicate')

On the rebate form that was included with mine, it says that you have to submit the original rebate form. I'd call Disney so that they can send you one.

#233 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:46 PM

The $10 upgrade rebate for the 3D combo pack was included inside of my package, and just needed the POP from the prior title (DVD, 1-disc BD or DVD/DC/BD combo), the POP from the new 3D combo pack and the receipt of the 3D combo pack purchase.

The POP tabs are on the back area of the cover art, which you'll need to remove from under the clear plastic cover.

I think you may have assumed correctly after all. A guy on ebay lists this as BD3D / BD / DVD / DC and so does blu-ray.com.

Amazon lists only the combo pack as the other available version from the DVD version and they're usually right about that.

#234 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:58 PM

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5927
Inception is being converted to 3D.

I wonder if he'll change his mind about not doing The Dark Knight Rises in 3D too.

#235 msu89dawgs

msu89dawgs

Are you threatening me?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:28 PM

I ordered the new Samsung 3D glasses bundle from Buy.com for $180. I'm going to redeem the coupons for Shrek 4 and Megamind, then sell the glasses and the Shrek collection, as I already have a copy, and keep Megamind. Should be able to at least get what I paid for the bundle from the glasses and Shrek, and get Megamind 3D free, or at very little cost. It'll be cheaper than paying for a copy from eBay.

iconbluraypng.png - 395
DVD - 157

#236 basketb

basketb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:14 PM

What's buy.com's track record of actually shipping these?

#237 msu89dawgs

msu89dawgs

Are you threatening me?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:20 PM

What's buy.com's track record of actually shipping these?

Shipped yesterday, if UPS delivers on time, I should have it by tomorrow. It's now sold out delivered from Buy.com, they have it from Onecall.com, but their price is $499.

iconbluraypng.png - 395
DVD - 157

#238 bburpee

bburpee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:26 PM

Is anyone else using Playstation Media Server to serve 3D content to the Ps3?

I didn't think my Dual Core laptop (about three years old) would be able to handle it, but with my laptop and Ps3 hooked up via Cat-5 cables, I can serve a movie on the laptop and watch it on the Ps3 in 3D with no skipping. Unfortunately, no fast forwarding or rewinding, either... but it's a cool alternate method of viewing 3D content.

Killzone 3D is amazing, also. Fantastic job!

#239 ScottsUSERID

ScottsUSERID

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:27 PM

I wonder if he'll change his mind about not doing The Dark Knight Rises in 3D too.

Man those people with the comments are nuts. NUTS. Im excited to see inception come out in 3d. Why is everyone on the internet a buch of mind bungling idiots sometimes. They all say, NO ITS RUINED NOEZZZZ. They will buy it anyway.

#240 AngellicLulu

AngellicLulu

Aria of the Fates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:34 PM

Man those people with the comments are nuts. NUTS. Im excited to see inception come out in 3d. Why is everyone on the internet a buch of mind bungling idiots sometimes. They all say, NO ITS RUINED NOEZZZZ. They will buy it anyway.

As some people try to point out over there, if you don't want to watch 3D, it's obviously already in 2D so enjoy that.
That forum is full of 3d haters. it's like they think all 2d movies are being replaced by 3d... i have yet to see a 3D exclusive movie.

Posted Image