GameStop Preorder Bonus - Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors DS - Digital Watch

utopianmachine

Nintendo Fangirl
Feedback
241 (100%)
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=78463

The watch is the same one as seen in the game and has the Aksys logo.

181332_bonusLG.jpg
181332_bonus2LG3.jpg

For those who don't know anything about the game, you can view a trailer below, in which you can see the watch.

Or, play the game demo: http://www.aksysgames.com/999/

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG8bK2-imIo[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish they showed some actual gameplay in that video. It looks like it could be cool, but it's not clear what the game actually is.

Just played a bit of the demo, reminds me of the pure gold that is shadowgate. Thanks for the post OP!!

That was a pretty good damn demo. I am really thinking of getting this now, I don't know about the watch though as I will never wear that thing in public.

Combine the pre-order of the game with the promo of, if it's still going on, "pre-order any $29.99+ game and get a used game 50% off" is pretty good for people who want this game.

On a tangent, I recently just signed up for the new GS Powerup Rewards card today, but sucks that I can't use it on online purchases right now. It would have been nice.

I have decided I am retarded because I couldn't figure out what numbers unlock the 2 briefcases. I thought it would be "7463," but that's not it.

peter5.jpg

I sold my Ds Lite, and i have no idea what this game is about.
But what i do know is, i am in need of a "unique' looking watch.
Hmm...... ;)

I have heard a lot of good about this game and have been very interested in it. I will definitely have to try the demo. The watch is kind of cool, for any collector it seems like it would look nice in a collection... I guess you could wear it too :D

[quote name='1NintendoFan']I have heard a lot of good about this game and have been very interested in it. I will definitely have to try the demo. The watch is kind of cool, for any collector it seems like it would look nice in a collection... I guess you could wear it too :D[/QUOTE]
oh i'm definitely going to wear it. can you say blingin??

[quote name='Strell']This watch will go great with the badass shades I got free from Pizza Hut in the early 90s.[/QUOTE]

You got those, too?? High five! Now low five.

The demo was pretty good, I might have to preorder this game. Took me forever to figure out that a closet was in the room, looked different.

Edit: Online only preorder bonus?! :( Just going to wait for this to hit $20 or less then.

I LOVED that demo. I'll absolutely be getting the game at some point.

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']I have decided I am retarded because I couldn't figure out what numbers unlock the 2 briefcases. I thought it would be "7463," but that's not it.[/QUOTE]

The red briefcase code is
[quote name='anotherpoorgamer'] Took me forever to figure out that a closet was in the room, looked different.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that closet was the last thing I found as well.

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']I have decided I am retarded because I couldn't figure out what numbers unlock the 2 briefcases. I thought it would be "7463," but that's not it.

peter5.jpg
[/QUOTE]

If it makes you feel any better, I too thought it was 7463. And to think, I used to be a rocket scientist....

It was challenging to look at the scraps of paper at an angle. The simulation of playing a real DS was pretty neat, but I really wanted to rotate that pic of the ship. It would have helped if I was holding the DS in my hand and could simply rotate the DS. I suppose I could have rotated my head. But I was already leaning forward at my desk, as my monitor is set back a little.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']

Edit: Online only preorder bonus?! :( Just going to wait for this to hit $20 or less then.[/QUOTE]

Upshot is atleast you know youll get the bonus item. Lamestops around me always "ran out" of pre order items unless you were there like within a couple hours of the stuff coming in. Id seen employees give away bonus items to their friends or other customers that asked if they could have them.

[quote name='gargus']Upshot is atleast you know youll get the bonus item. Lamestops around me always "ran out" of pre order items unless you were there like within a couple hours of the stuff coming in. Id seen employees give away bonus items to their friends or other customers that asked if they could have them.[/QUOTE]

Never had that problem, except the fiasco with Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. The Wii version got a soundtrack disc, while the PSP/PS2 versions got nothing unless there were left-overs from the Wii preorders.

Learned the hard way that gamestop will sometimes take back an advertised bonus due to failed agreements between gamestop and game companies/promotors.

I never got a soundtrack disc for preordering the PS2 version, besides nothing until now has interested me preorder bonus wise.

This is a nice bonus for a game I am actually interested in getting on release day. I don't have a credit/debit card so online is out of the question.

Yeah, the briefcase trick got to me too! I kept entering the code that was posted on the first page. Just had to look at it a little more. I loved Shadowgate, Hotel Dusk, Trace Memory, and other point-and-click styled games.

[quote name='rapsodist']You got those, too?? High five! Now low five.[/QUOTE]

Radical! Let's listen to some Kris Kross.

[quote name='mewantgames']Man I suck, I can't figure out the codes to the briefcases, what's the trick?[/QUOTE]

Keep searching for items. Once you have everything you need, the code is really easy, but until you do you won't be able to get it.

I can't decide whether to get this game or not. I like the basic premise, but I have the feeling it could become really frustrating. More of the challenge seems to be in figuring out everything you can click on than it is in the actual puzzles.

[quote name='mewantgames']Man I suck, I can't figure out the codes to the briefcases, what's the trick?[/QUOTE]

In order to figure out the code for the briefcases, you need 4 things.
Over by the sink, there's a photograph in a frame. You need to find a screwdriver to get the photo loose from the frame. The picture of the ship has the code to the briefcase puzzles behind it. You'll also need to find those two scraps of paper that have the key codes on the back of them.

I'm thinking most of the frustration in this game will be from trying to find all the clues, as once I had them all the codes were easy to figure out.
thanks to utopia for mentioning that there are two pieces of scrap paper, as i was thinking there was only one and trying to figure out the codes from only the first scrap paper.

bread's done
Back