Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Sweet Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champions!

• Please log in to reply
5326 replies to this topic

#3061 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 04:43 AM

How 'bout the heat and humidity today? My mother had her 60th birthday party today (outdoors) and I think I broke even with the weight lost sweating and then gained back eating. =D
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#3062 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:35 PM

How 'bout the heat and humidity today? My mother had her 60th birthday party today (outdoors) and I think I broke even with the weight lost sweating and then gained back eating. =D

It was my Dad's 60th birthday yesterday too!

#3063 52club

52club

This ain't intramurals!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:08 AM

For those guys who are going to the Costco on Touhy, I live nearby. Maybe we can hang out at my place someday and play some games and have a beer or whatever. I'd hate to let the summer go by before I meet up with some CAGs. I'm also in Lakeview/Lincoln Park often if someone wants to host a game night. I can get to the South and West Side, too.

My in-laws live nearby, so let me know if some people are stopping by. I'll drop by as well.

On a different note does anyone have some decent psp games they are looking to trade/sell? If so please PM with the games you are open to trading/selling. The only game I've got is the sega collection.

Also if anyone wants InFamous I'm looking for a used copy of Red Faction.

Edited by 52club, 25 June 2009 - 10:25 PM.

Space for Rent:lol:

#3064 Amerijapoxicano

Amerijapoxicano

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:32 AM

This is the quietest I've seen this thread in a long time.

#3065 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:55 PM

The Evanston (Howard) Best Buy had a stack of 50% off games but I didn't pay much attention to the titles, since I'm not current-gen.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#3066 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:16 AM

Hey, do you guys know that the Chicago Comicon (Wizardworld Chicago) falls on the same day as the next meet-up? I do have the day requested off from work, but I'm heading to the con...

Edit: The con does go from the 6th to the 9th but it's a tradition for me to go on Saturday. I gotta miss another meet-up. Uhh...

Edited by chicagoz, 02 July 2009 - 06:31 AM.

#3067 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:54 PM

^^^I didn't realize that I will miss the meet up too! I am going (to the con) all weekend this year (instead of friday only).

#3068 jalopez86

jalopez86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2009 - 01:32 AM

Any one need the 5$ off Punch-Out!! code? I got mine in the mail today but I already bought the game a couple of weeks ago. Just PM me.

#3069 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2009 - 08:20 PM

Why don't we just switch the day of the meet up?

#3070 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2009 - 01:26 AM

BBV at Irving Park (next to Jewel and by Sears) had 1 small table of B1G1F games today. I saw a couple of Mercs 2 and a few others, but nothing really worth mentioning.

Maybe someone else might find something.

#3071 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2009 - 04:07 PM

The Kmart by the HIP has first-party PS2 memory card 2-packs for $20, right next to the single ones for $25.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#3072 Amerijapoxicano

Amerijapoxicano

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2009 - 05:14 PM

I have no problem with the date being moved.

#3073 Sam111111

Sam111111

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2009 - 05:40 PM

Hey, I live in Chicago ...
hmmmmm ...
thread seems appropriate.
If I were to attend the meetup ... well, I wouldn't, because not only is the comic-con thing going on [whatever it's called], but I think I'm going to be driving to Iowa and back [long story short, I get a car out of it]. Other days are good though. And Gameworks is pretty awesome.
I went to the BBV at Six Corners [Irving/Milwalkee/Cicero] and they had Lock's Quest and Mercs 2. And Universe of War. Thought about it for a while but I didn't really want any of the games [BlazBlue and SC4 take up my dreams, now, since I already have Brutal Legend paid off at GS w/credit ... actually going to go buy them tonight, I think. Either that or jam out with a friend and then be told that electronic instruments don't mesh with folk. OR BOTH. I multitask!].

#3074 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:38 PM

I guess if you guys don't mind changing the date...there are 4 of us who already have stuff going on that weekend.

#3075 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:34 PM

I was planning on having my folks come into town that weekend, and would like to attend a meet-up later this summer.

#3076 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:21 PM

What about meeting up sometime in September?

#3077 xsuicidesn0wmanx

xsuicidesn0wmanx

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:12 PM

Anyone here from the Waukegan area (midway between chicago an milwaukee) want to get together and work as a team to help eachother get the good deals (i.e. $13 games at target, gamecrazy & other local stores)

I havent been able to find L4D around here, so I'm hoping someone else local could pick up an extra copy of a game when they see one and i'll do the same for them.
I am an avid game collecter and own probably over 2200 legal copies of games across 51 different platforms. My ultimate goal is to build a video game museum & arcade that can be used to show the history and growth of interactive entertainment while also providing a base for the students of game design to use for learning the DO's and DONT's of game design.

Posted Image

#3078 chi.bri

chi.bri

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:57 PM

Went to the K-mart on Asland/Milwaukee and noticed a bunch of clearance tags. Looks like they might of marked a bunch of stuff down recently. I saw Rock Revolution box/bundle for $20 (PS3), a 360 vision cam, and some 360 and PS3 accessories mark down with green stickers.

#3079 jonathanp

jonathanp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:31 PM

Went to the K-mart on Asland/Milwaukee and noticed a bunch of clearance tags. Looks like they might of marked a bunch of stuff down recently. I saw Rock Revolution box/bundle for $20 (PS3), a 360 vision cam, and some 360 and PS3 accessories mark down with green stickers.

GHII bundle is still 98.99... lol.

#3080 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:13 AM

BBV at Clark and Wilson is GOOB. They were closed when I drove past tho (9P).
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#3081 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2009 - 12:57 PM

What about meeting up sometime in September?

Yes, or just a different weekend in August. Could we do a poll to determine the best weekend?

#3082 chi.bri

chi.bri

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:28 PM

Well, since we're having a tough time picking a real world meet-up date. How about a XBL Chicago CAG meet-up? I think an night of COD:WAW would be nice. Any takers?

#3083 jonathanp

jonathanp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2009 - 11:32 PM

Well, since we're having a tough time picking a real world meet-up date. How about a XBL Chicago CAG meet-up? I think an night of COD:WAW would be nice. Any takers?

I'd participate if I played COD. Never played COD in my life.

Should I?

#3084 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2009 - 04:01 AM

I'm in. My gamertag is SNKRYO.

#3085 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2009 - 04:38 PM

Yes. I'll be back next Tuesday.

#3086 Amerijapoxicano

Amerijapoxicano

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:31 PM

Unfortunately, I don't have a 360. Otherwise I'd be down for the XBL meet-up. Good idea though. Hope you guys can get that together.

#3087 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:48 AM

Has anyone been to Hollywood Video for $4.99 games?

#3088 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:13 AM

Has anyone been to Hollywood Video for $4.99 games?

I found 2 decent games ( PS3 Bioshock and FEAR 2) at HWV in Indiana just over the border.

#3089 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:50 PM

I found 2 decent games ( PS3 Bioshock and FEAR 2) at HWV in Indiana just over the border.

Nice. I haven't had a chance to get over to a store around here. Probably be a waste of gas/time at this point.

#3090 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2009 - 06:00 PM

Blockbuster at Irving Park and Lincoln is closing. Up to 70% off now, with 8 days left.