Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Sweet Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champions!

• Please log in to reply
5320 replies to this topic

#3091 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2009 - 07:38 AM

Anybody have any luck (or tips) on the Kmart stuff? I've been to the ones by the HIP and Lane
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#3092 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2009 - 12:47 PM

Sears at Six Corners has 5 or 6 of the Flip video cameras left at $65 or $68 (can't remember which). But, they are pink. Price is 50% off retail for a great camera, if you don't mind pink.

They also had 5 or 6 Eye of Judgements left, tagged at $30 each.

#3093 chi.bri

chi.bri

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:08 AM

This is about the 3rd incarnation of some type of game store on Milwaukee in my hood. Maybe this one will survive.
The store had more CD's than used games, but they had games for most systems. Worth a visit if your near Wicker Park.
http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=8307
The Exchange
Milwaukee Ave-Between Damen and Honore

#3094 saturnotaku

saturnotaku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:45 AM

This is about the 3rd incarnation of some type of game store on Milwaukee in my hood. Maybe this one will survive.
The store had more CD's than used games, but they had games for most systems. Worth a visit if your near Wicker Park.
The Exchange

Hmm. I'm going to be in the South Loop later this afternoon. Might be worth swinging by there just to take a look if nothing else.

#3095 jonathanp

jonathanp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2009 - 12:15 AM

The Exchange

To let you guys know... I go here regularly and this store is awesome.

I was going to let it be my little secret lol...

#3096 xJimboJonesx

xJimboJonesx

Posted 23 July 2009 - 03:28 AM

The Exchange

I went here for the first time today and boy, was it awesome!! They actually had 4 Sega CD titles for super cheap that I picked up. Definitely one of my new favorite stores!

Oh and btw, I'm new to the CAG forums. So, hello!

#3097 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2009 - 01:00 AM

K-Mart on Addison had 1 Vision cam ($10) and 3 Intercoolers ($5) yesterday.

#3098 AsianJedi

AsianJedi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:54 PM

The Exchange

The Exchange is going to be there for awhile. It's not like previous used games stores like Disc Replay where prices are based on titles no matter how many copies they have. The Exchange's prices are based on inventory. I've picked up many good titles for $10, $8, or $5 over the years. I'm originally from Ohio and they ran their first store over 30 years ago in Akron, OH - home of LeBron James.:D They've grown all over NE Ohio and in the last 10 years opened 11 stores in the Pittsburgh area. The franchise has finally made it to Chicago, but a year late. They were suppose to open last Fall. I thought I would give this store some credibility for new CAG's who have never heard of it since I have benefited from them for so many years. It's a legit place that's going to be here for a while. It's actually Gamestop's biggest competitor in the NE Ohio area. I have found that sometimes you can find some really good PSX games for cheap. But some games are still overpriced like FFVII or anything by Square Enix or Atlus.

#3099 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:03 PM

The Exchange is going to be there for awhile. It's not like previous used games stores like Disc Replay where prices are based on titles no matter how many copies they have. The Exchange's prices are based on inventory. I've picked up many good titles for $10, $8, or $5 over the years. I'm originally from Ohio and they ran their first store over 30 years ago in Akron, OH - home of LeBron James.:D They've grown all over NE Ohio and in the last 10 years opened 11 stores in the Pittsburgh area. The franchise has finally made it to Chicago, but a year late. They were suppose to open last Fall. I thought I would give this store some credibility for new CAG's who have never heard of it since I have benefited from them for so many years. It's a legit place that's going to be here for a while. It's actually Gamestop's biggest competitor in the NE Ohio area. I have found that sometimes you can find some really good PSX games for cheap. But some games are still overpriced like FFVII or anything by Square Enix or Atlus.

I just visited this store yesterday. Nice and clean, and the titles are well-organized. Check it out, people! I almost bought an Elvis action figure.

#3100 Darkside Hazuki

Darkside Hazuki

Inextinguishable.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:18 PM

Giant stack of TE sticks at Fry's.

Posted Image

#3101 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:31 PM

The HPB in Village Crossing has some rare-ish PS2 rpgs in the locked cabinet but some are bizarrely priced. The have a copy of Summoner for $125, The Bouncer for 25, Shadow of Destiny for 40. There was a copy of SMT Nocturne for $15 but it only has the soundtrack in there. Also, still a black label FF7 for 80.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#3102 saturnotaku

saturnotaku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:53 AM

The HPB in Village Crossing has some rare-ish PS2 rpgs in the locked cabinet but some are bizarrely priced. The have a copy of Summoner for $125, The Bouncer for 25, Shadow of Destiny for 40. There was a copy of SMT Nocturne for $15 but it only has the soundtrack in there. Also, still a black label FF7 for 80.

I thought the black label FF7 was a ripoff at $50, less 30% e-mail coupon. Why would they increase the price when you can now get the game on the PSN for much, much less?

#3103 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2009 - 09:06 AM

You may be right about that. I was thrown off by the Summoner price. Speaking of those coupons, I forgot to return/rebuy a guide I found at the Bloomingdale HPB (which has a large selection of gaming stuff) with the 50% coupon. It was only 8 bucks tho. I still need to get out to the Countryside one. Lastly, I think HPB gets the games that Big Lots gets in other states. 'Cause I've found jackshit at the closest BLs.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#3104 chi.bri

chi.bri

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2009 - 09:43 PM

Went to the Best Buy on Elston and noticed a Manager's Special dump bin filled with games. Of note: Saint Row 2 and COD:WaW special editions. Prices were marked down 5-20 bucks depending on the game.

#3105 D_Icon

D_Icon

'D'_ott_Elitist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 01:43 AM

Barnes & Noble on Webster has the Criterion films 50% off. Just got back, spent more than I expected to.

#3106 Hybrid5006

Hybrid5006

White Trash Ballin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 12:14 AM

Schaumburg Best Buy has select PS3, Xbox 360, Wii and PSP games 75% off. Also select DS and PS2 games for $5 each. Grabbed lots of good stuff.

#3107 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:18 AM

Schaumburg Best Buy has select PS3, Xbox 360, Wii and PSP games 75% off. Also select DS and PS2 games for $5 each. Grabbed lots of good stuff.

Any chance you could post a list of what you bought or saw?

#3108 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:41 PM

So who is going to the Chicago comic-con (WWC)?

#3109 nny77713

nny77713

Rip the System

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:50 PM

I'll be there Friday morning. Always a good time. Always spend more than I should.
Posted Image

Have you tried turning it on and off again?

#3110 Hybrid5006

Hybrid5006

White Trash Ballin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2009 - 01:58 AM

Any chance you could post a list of what you bought or saw?

I bought a crap load of stuff. I got the last Socom PS3 bundle for $15, End War PS3 bundle for $23 + bunch more.

Some of the other things:

Patapon 2 - $5
Star Ocean (PSP) - $5
50 cent - around $10
Folklore - $15
Tomb Raider Underworld - $12 ish
Ninja Blade - $10
Shaun White - ?
Moto GP 08 - ?

Some of the prices are estimates up top. Most of the games did not have price stickers on them, so it's kinda hard to figure what 75% off of ??? is.

#3111 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2009 - 03:53 PM

Just got an email from the drive FM with a discount code for WWC

Chicago Comic-Con

Chicago Comic-Con is here August 6-9th at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center. Use code WDRV at wizardworld.ticketleap.com/Chicago to get $5 off tickets now.

#3112 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:53 AM

I bought a crap load of stuff. I got the last Socom PS3 bundle for $15, End War PS3 bundle for $23 + bunch more.

Some of the other things:

Patapon 2 - $5
Star Ocean (PSP) - $5
50 cent - around $10
Folklore - $15
Tomb Raider Underworld - $12 ish
Ninja Blade - $10
Shaun White - ?
Moto GP 08 - ?

Some of the prices are estimates up top. Most of the games did not have price stickers on them, so it's kinda hard to figure what 75% off of ??? is.

Those are good prices. Maybe next time I'm around that best buy I will go in to check out. Hey slowdive I'm going to comic con and thanks for the discount code.

#3113 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2009 - 04:37 AM

If I buy the e-tickets online now, will I still have to wait in line to get that badge they make everyone wear? I have a feeling I do...

Oh, I'm going early Saturday to check out the costume contest.

#3114 nny77713

nny77713

Rip the System

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:21 PM

If I buy the e-tickets online now, will I still have to wait in line to get that badge they make everyone wear? I have a feeling I do...

I am assuming so. I preordered tickets 2 months ago and I am a little upset that I didn't get the badges like the last couple of years. It was great to have those badges when you walked in and you didn't have to wait in line.
Posted Image

Have you tried turning it on and off again?

#3115 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2009 - 05:08 PM

I'm going on saturday. If anyone wants to say wassup let me know we can meet up on the con.

#3116 Hybrid5006

Hybrid5006

White Trash Ballin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2009 - 07:37 AM

Wish I could go... can anyone get me an Andrei Arlovski autograph? He's supposed to be at the con giving free autographs, I'd appreciate if anyone could get me one. I can send some paypal for shipping and your efforts. =)

#3117 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2009 - 07:14 PM

I'm going on saturday. If anyone wants to say wassup let me know we can meet up on the con.

I went Saturday but forgot to let you know! Sorry.

Wish I could go... can anyone get me an Andrei Arlovski autograph? He's supposed to be at the con giving free autographs, I'd appreciate if anyone could get me one. I can send some paypal for shipping and your efforts. =)

I didn't see Arlovski. Sorry.

#3118 Technicolor

Technicolor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:48 AM

I live in the suburbs of Chicago Wheaton/Glen Ellyn/Lombard Area!

#3119 scratchdesk

scratchdesk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:48 PM

ello all.

I'm a retired game collector from out by aurora. retired being I stopped collecting not that I walk with a cane and a limp (yet)

I've been browsing these boards for a while now and recently joined up and started posting. Just wanted to say whats up in the Chicago thread.

:nate:

#3120 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2009 - 12:46 AM

Word!
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image