Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Sweet Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champions!

• Please log in to reply
5320 replies to this topic

#3211 rick3000gto

rick3000gto

NVG's FTW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2009 - 06:36 PM

That sounds like a cool idea.

Seconded

#3212 FatBoyInside

FatBoyInside

Money costs too much

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2009 - 10:12 PM

A Black Friday after-party sounds cool. Would anyone be up for Texas Hold'em poker where we can contribute gameguides/cheap games into the grand prize pot? (I have a foldable table & chipset lying around that need to be used) Just a fun alternative unless your house has a tv and system in every room for all the CAGs haha. Please keep us posted.

My Current Lowball Sale is ACTIVE NOW.  Relieve my sorrows and bid if you can. Ends 8/4. 

animePSP2.jpg

#3213 Hybrid5006

Hybrid5006

White Trash Ballin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:50 PM

WTF is up with the weather... seems like it's raining everyday.

#3214 mzbagel

mzbagel

I'm disrespectful to dirt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2009 - 01:07 AM

I'll take rain over snow this time of year. Today was really nice actually. I'm dreading the inevitable drop in temp back down into the 40's :(
Recently Completed Trades:
NONE

In Progress Trades:
NONE

#3215 saturnotaku

saturnotaku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:59 AM

WTF is up with the weather... seems like it's raining everyday.

Massive, slow-moving cold front combined with remnants of a hurricane that was near Baja. I really feel for the farmers, as they had problems planting earlier in the year, and now the harvest is messed up.

#3216 Estebon

Estebon

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:55 PM

Anyone try the glitch at any chicago area BB's for the b2g1 deal? Any confirmation of where it works will be nice?

#3217 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:08 AM

I know this is a long shot, but do any of you guys have an older version of PS3 firmware on a flash drive? I just want one that can earn trophies, but I do not want to risk updating to 3.0 or 3.01.

#3218 Estebon

Estebon

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:38 PM

So none of you guys in the whole city is trying to the Bestbuy glitch? I can't believe it.

#3219 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:43 PM

So none of you guys in the whole city is trying to the Bestbuy glitch? I can't believe it.

Didn't you already confirm it in the BB thread?

#3220 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:21 PM

One buy posted about trying it in one of the Chicago stores, I'm sure others are too but they are just being lurkers.

#3221 jonathanp

jonathanp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:54 PM

Anyone try the glitch at any chicago area BB's for the b2g1 deal? Any confirmation of where it works will be nice?

Glitch? Wha....?

#3222 52club

52club

This ain't intramurals!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2009 - 10:41 PM

Coming from a 28 year-old guy, this is going to sound pathetic, but I'm thinking about having a get together at my house sometime after my parents go back to Mexico. The only potential draw back is that it's in the NW suburbs. Although, it's close to the yellow line and can be reached by CTA and a little help by Pace. Maybe shortly after Black Friday would be good so we can see about trading/playing video games we got over that weekend.
This city's CAGsters could use some revitalization.

Sounds good to me. I'll probably need to get rid of some games by that time. What burb is it exactly?
Space for Rent:lol:

#3223 Estebon

Estebon

Posted 29 October 2009 - 10:49 PM

Ok, here is what I know so far.

Bestbuy in Burbank on 79th South Cicero

I scanned in order

operation flashpoint
Tetris
popcap collection

It gave me the middle game free, not the most expensive. I will be returning later tonight to try and put operation flashpoint as the middle game.

Bestbuy on belmont/ near kedzie by the expressway.

Scanned in order:

Rock Revo xbox
Operation Flashpoint
Rock Revo

I got the first game free. Will try again later tonight to see if I will get Operation flashpoint free if placed first.

Bestbuy on Elton

Scanned in order

Operation Flashpoint
Rock revo xbox
rock revo xbox

Success. Got Operation flashpoint free.

Please post any success/ failures in the city or near suburbs. We only have 2 days left of this sale and I would like to get in on this deal some more.

#3224 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:21 AM

Count me in for the meet up too. BTW there is a D&B deal for this weekend. I created a thread buy it is easy to miss.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=241135

#3225 Amerijapoxicano

Amerijapoxicano

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:44 AM

Sounds good to me. I'll probably need to get rid of some games by that time. What burb is it exactly?

It'd be in Niles. This is all tentative, so don't get crazy if it doesn't come about. I'm just tired of us not being able to set a date and location for a meet up.
My house will be pretty empty come mid-November, so it'd be after then.
I have a PS3, a 1080p 50-inch tv, a 720p 32-inch tv, a 36-inch CRT tv in the basement, and wireless internet. It's not a technophiliac's dream, but there's enough room and tech here to have a good gaming time.

#3226 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:54 AM

I noticed you can't even find RR on the BB website now. I'm stopping by the Elston store before work to check it out, but I'd assume corporate will have this sorted by tomorrow.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#3227 Estebon

Estebon

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:56 AM

I noticed you can't even find RR on the BB website now. I'm stopping by the Elston store before work to check it out, but I'd assume corporate will have this sorted by tomorrow.

Did you go? Did it work?

#3228 japaki

japaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2009 - 06:13 AM

going to best buy at 10AM in joliet, hopefully the scavengers left a few rock revos for me :P. will post my findings in afternoon.

#3229 Estebon

Estebon

Posted 30 October 2009 - 06:14 AM

going to best buy at 10AM in joliet, hopefully the scavengers left a few rock revos for me :P. will post my findings in afternoon.

Cool, I can't get there until later tomorrow night or saturday. Thanks.

#3230 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2009 - 06:48 AM

Did you go? Did it work?

No, I'll be there tomorrow (today) when it opens.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#3231 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:20 PM

I'll be damned, but it worked. Halo ODST, Borderlands, Brutal Legend, Tekken 6, Forza, and Batman for $60 + our ridiculous sales tax. Oh, and 12 copies of Rock Revolution that will likely end up at Half Price Books.

If you're going to try this, forget Evanston and Elston. While it lasts, try North and Sheffield or Belmont and Kimball. I had success by bookending the RRs and making sure they're different (360/PS3).

Good luck CAGs!

And no, I'm not gonna shed a tear for BB losing money due to their own programming ineptitude.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#3232 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:47 PM

I'll be damned, but it worked. Halo ODST, Borderlands, Brutal Legend, Tekken 6, Forza, and Batman for $60 + our ridiculous sales tax. Oh, and 12 copies of Rock Revolution that will likely end up at Half Price Books.

If you're going to try this, forget Evanston and Elston. While it lasts, try North and Sheffield or Belmont and Kimball. I had success by bookending the RRs and making sure they're different (360/PS3).

Good luck CAGs!

And no, I'm not gonna shed a tear for BB losing money due to their own programming ineptitude.

You could have at least bought a $20 game instead of using all those RRs. Do they have any RRs left?

#3233 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:53 PM

You could have at least bought a $20 game instead of using all those RRs. Do they have any RRs left?

N&S has plenty of both and I had to scrounge at B&K to find a 360. Some of the BBs I hit had none of either.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#3234 Estebon

Estebon

Posted 31 October 2009 - 12:04 AM

Did you buy all the rock revo's? Dude, you could have saved some for others.

#3235 Hybrid5006

Hybrid5006

White Trash Ballin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2009 - 02:05 AM

Did you buy all the rock revo's? Dude, you could have saved some for others.

You can't really blame him... it is an amazing glitch.

#3236 Estebon

Estebon

Posted 31 October 2009 - 04:29 AM

Well, I was the one to report to about the store. He could have left some for other cags.

#3237 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2009 - 05:04 AM

Well, I was the one to report to about the store. He could have left some for other cags.

Do you have a reading problem?

I bought from 4 different stores; 2 copies of each from 2 stores and a pair from the others isn't that much.

Edited by dfg, 31 October 2009 - 09:25 AM.
i kin spel

¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#3238 Estebon

Estebon

Posted 31 October 2009 - 08:36 AM

Its not a reading problem. I was there and I remember there being a mess load of RR's for ps3 and xboxes. Seems strange to avoid that store when I was just there the night before. Relax.

#3239 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:10 AM

Avoid the stores at Elston and in Evanston because the cashiers/mgrs are aware of the glitch, not because I cleaned out the store, jackass. Read before you start accusing.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#3240 Estebon

Estebon

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:56 AM

See, you didn't state that and everyone also assumed you used up all the rock revo's idiot. I wasn't the only one.

How about next time, you post better details and not make a vague post.