Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Sweet Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champions!

• Please log in to reply
5296 replies to this topic

#3661 D_Icon

D_Icon

'D'_ott_Elitist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:49 PM

Any good places to drink along the Elston strip? Kind of looking for a Bar/Restaurant type of deal. I don't want to go to the Taste yet, gonna wait for that. I'm looking for a place for tonight.

#3662 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:35 PM

The Green Dolphin is "good" but I think just on Monday nights. You might have to hit Division, tonight for a decent bar.

#3663 brkptr

brkptr

This was a triumph

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:05 PM

The Green Dolphin is "good" but I think just on Monday nights. You might have to hit Division, tonight for a decent bar.

Didn't Green Dolphin close? A friend of mine was supposed to get married there this fall but a couple months ago she was told by the people she reserved it with that they got shut down/boarded up.

I can't really think of anywhere along Elston to go out for a drink. There's some super sketchy-looking bar on one of the side streets near DPW truck yard and the Home Depot on North. Oh, and Exit is right there too, that's supposed to be decent. But I guess if you're down there you can keep heading east and go to some of the places around North and Clybourn.
Posted Image

#3664 brkptr

brkptr

This was a triumph

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:10 PM

Didn't Green Dolphin close? A friend of mine was supposed to get married there this fall but a couple months ago she was told by the people she reserved it with that they got shut down/boarded up.

I can't really think of anywhere along Elston to go out for a drink. There's some super sketchy-looking bar on one of the side streets near DPW truck yard and the Home Depot on North. Oh, and Exit is right there too, that's supposed to be decent. But I guess if you're down there you can keep heading east and go to some of the places around North and Clybourn.

Oh huh, that sketchy-looking bar is the Hideout. I'd heard of it before but never knew that was it - it's supposed to be pretty cool actually. Not exactly the bar/restaurant feel you're looking for though.
Posted Image

#3665 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:48 PM

The Green Dolphin is apparently only open on Mondays. I didn't know that. But hit up Division.

#3666 Mike R27

Mike R27

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:44 PM

The Lincoln Park Costco had quite a few slim Xbox 360's.

#3667 DRCOOL

DRCOOL

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:43 AM

While selection varies from location, I found Half Price Books (go figure) has really good deals on games. Lots of games are either 5 or 10 new while Gamestop charges 15.

This is for the one in the Deefield/Highland Park area. I don't know about elsewhere though.

#3668 skaterboi15

skaterboi15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 04:03 AM

Add me in the Chicago List. The Hawks are the best. Did you go to the parade? It was crazy

#3669 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:58 AM

While selection varies from location, I found Half Price Books (go figure) has really good deals on games. Lots of games are either 5 or 10 new while Gamestop charges 15.

This is for the one in the Deefield/Highland Park area. I don't know about elsewhere though.

I love 'em and make a circuit of them all every few months. Haven't been to the one that just opened in Orland Park, though. The new coupons for next week went out too.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#3670 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:55 PM

I love 'em and make a circuit of them all every few months. Haven't been to the one that just opened in Orland Park, though. The new coupons for next week went out too.

That one is pretty nice. Not any real rare stuff yet.

#3671 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:19 PM

Does anyone know any pet shelters in the city to unload a cat at?

#3672 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:12 AM

In my old neighborhood (West Ridge/Rogers Park) there was a no-kill shelter called Red Door on Lunt Ave.

Walked by it a lot, but don't have any first-hand knowledge, sorry.

http://www.reddoorshelter.org/
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#3673 brkptr

brkptr

This was a triumph

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:44 PM

A friend of mine used to work at the Anti-Cruelty Society on Lasalle and Grand and said it was a good place.

This list might also help:
http://www.care-evan...shelterlist.htm
Posted Image

#3674 bigsick

bigsick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:11 PM

Treehouse and Feline's Inc i believe are both no kill shelters.
Posted Image

#3675 52club

52club

This ain't intramurals!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:32 PM

Nevermind Newegg decided to back out on delivering the items.

Edited by 52club, 13 July 2010 - 10:28 PM.

Space for Rent:lol:

#3676 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:26 AM

Thanks for those places guys. ;)

#3677 sweepy76

sweepy76

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2010 - 02:05 PM

I was at the Blockbuster in Aurora (1901 W Gelena Blvd) and they had about 6 to 7 pre-owned Mass Effect 2's for $25, brutal legend for $7 (not the original case and no manual) and splinter cell: conviction for $35. This was just for the Xbox 360, ENJOY!!!!
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/osiris+prime"]Posted Image[/URL]

#3678 navson

navson

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:40 PM

Hey everyone I am a chicago cag just thought I throw in some pics of the parade for the hawks and a pic of sir stanleythat I was able to take. Just thought you guys might get a kick out of it. Sorry the pics are so big I had a hard time getting them on to the post.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3679 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:37 PM

Nice! What's the story behind the cup photo?
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#3680 navson

navson

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:42 PM

The story is kind of funny my stepmother works at a Drs office. The doctors office deals with alot of chicago athletes inculding some of the hawks. So they had a private viewing for the employees (immediate family only). I qualified as immediate family so she invited me to come check it out. I got pretty lucky wasn't expecting it at all.

#3681 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2010 - 04:39 PM

But did you get any photos with the Cup? Were there players at the doctor's office when they brought it, or did they just bring the Cup by?

Pretty cool, either way.

#3682 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:26 AM

^ Looks residential to me; maybe the employees were brought to the Cup. If I ever had my chance, I'd try to top Draper's kid and pee in it.

Okay, not really.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#3683 navson

navson

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:39 AM

yeah I got some photos with it but I don't think anyone wants to see my ugly mug in a post. There were no players there unfortunately. I believe that that someone from the front office got there day with the cup and invited the employees of the Dr office over to view it. The cup was at someones house out at hoffman estates. We didn't find out till that day

#3684 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2010 - 01:18 AM

Have any of you had luck at garage sales this summer?

#3685 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2010 - 02:33 AM

Not I, and I also missed all those block/community ones.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#3686 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2010 - 03:14 PM

Have any of you had luck at garage sales this summer?

Yes. All posted here:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=248036

Here are direct links to my recent finds:

http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=1142

http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=1144

http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=1043

I'll be posting this weekends finds in the next couple of days.

#3687 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2010 - 10:07 PM

Those are some sweet finds. What neighborhoods do you hit up?

#3688 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:16 AM

^^^Actually I am in the burbs now. I used to live by Lawrence and Ashland.

#3689 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2010 - 02:54 PM

Nice finds slowdive. I should start going to yard/garage sales more often. The best deal I found so far was a Lionel train set from 1985 mint condition for 30 dollars. I'm making a train table city set for my son.
He loves waiting with me on the metro stop for his mom and seeing all the trains go by, he is 2 years old.

#3690 navson

navson

Posted 09 August 2010 - 03:29 PM

Slowdive that was a great haul! Was that the Zelda limited collection with Orcainia of time and majoras mask? If it was that by itself is a huge find. The cosby show sealed also great find. What suburbs do you usually go to for garage sales ?