Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Sweet Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champions!

• Please log in to reply
5327 replies to this topic

#4051 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 31 December 2010 - 04:27 AM

Tomorrow 12/31 will be the last day to get discounted tickets for C2E2.

If you are student the discount code "STU5" should save you another $5, but they say be prepared to show your student ID. That code is from last year, so I am not sure if it will work or not as I am not a student and I bought my Tix from a comic store last year.

Thanks for reminding me! My brother has been bugging me about it too, but I probably still would have forgotten. Last show was refreshing after the crappy "Twilight edition" of the 2009 Wizard con. This past Wizard was better, but overcrowded and still missing out big time on the comic portion of the comic-con. Plus McCormick Place is much larger and easier to walk through, not to mention like 10 minutes to get to from my house. :) I'll be in for the weekend pass, so hit me up if anyone wants to meet-up and compare findings.

#4052 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Basement Jaxx!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2010 - 05:11 PM

For those looking for a few guides from the last drop, the John Hancock BB has The Zelda LE guide, Alpha Protocol, and others. I could buy any of them because I didn't want to lug the guides walking miles downtown and on the Metra. Take a bookbag.

#4053 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2011 - 07:15 AM

1/1/2011 Happy New Year!!!

#4054 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 01 January 2011 - 06:28 PM

Going with a group of guys to galloping ghost on the 15th again. Everytime I tell someone about it they want to go with me, and this day works for us. If anyone wants to swing by, it's always good seeing you guys.

#4055 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:16 PM

Over the past few weeks I've been keeping an eye on some of the clearance games at the Target on Elston Ave., waiting for them to hit the sweet spot. I go there today, and all the good games were gone! I wanted Fallout GOTY for Xbox 360, but no it was not meant to be. All that was left was some Wii, DS, and PS2 games, one PS3 game, UFC Undisputed and Band Hero (both for Xbox 360). Left with Band Hero. Someone here beat me to that copy of Fallout?

#4056 wiisecrets

wiisecrets

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:08 AM

Great thread you guys!

wiisecrets.org

#4057 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:05 AM

^spam?

@z: I don't hit that one, but the last several times I've been to Targets, their clearance sections are either crap or nonexistent.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#4058 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:24 AM

I was at that Target last week and it was a nightmare to get out of the lot. The post-Christmas crowd was a killer. Wouldn't have grabbed the Fallout anyway. If I see one cheap later this week when I get out I'll let you know. If anyone sees a Red Steel 2 with Motion+ drop to 9.98 let me know too. I've been eyeing them at a few stores but they're still $20 everytime I see them.

#4059 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:49 AM

I've hit some Targets and there is very little in the realm of games. I saw a Fallout 3 on 360 (non GOTY?) and Lost Planet 2 on PS3 that was out of system @ 9.98. They had some random DS games, but overall pretty limited.

#4060 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:33 PM

Long time to go, I know, but Bruce Campbell is coming to Wizardworld Chicago in August. Can't wait.

#4061 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:01 AM

Long time to go, I know, but Bruce Campbell is coming to Wizardworld Chicago in August. Can't wait.

I told myself I was not going to go back to wizard, but I may have to go for Bruce Campbell.

#4062 pezmanmike

pezmanmike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:57 PM

Hey has anyone ever been to Game Pazzo in Downers Grove? I drive past it every day on my way to work in Oak Brook, and just now decided to look it up.

They buy/sell/trade but apparently you can also "rent" spots to try games. There's also food/bar (unsure if alcohol), tournaments, a music stage, etc.
Currently Playing:

:360:: Borderlands 2
:wii:: Tatsunoko vs Capcom (with fight stick!)
:3ds:: Pushmo
:ps3:: Double Dragon: Neon

#4063 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:27 PM

^^^I think they were on Groupon or Buywithme.

#4064 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:03 AM

Going with a group of guys to galloping ghost on the 15th again. Everytime I tell someone about it they want to go with me, and this day works for us. If anyone wants to swing by, it's always good seeing you guys.

There are tournaments on the 14th and WGN will be there.

Friday, January 14 at 5:00pm - January 15 at 2:00am

WGN Channel 9 is coming in to film around the arcade! They are going to be arriving around 5PM and should be there for a few hours. We are also holding THREE tournaments! Killer Instinct, Mortal Kombat II (the actors from Mortal Kombat have been invited too) & Super Street Fighter IV! Prizes for each tournament shall be announced soon. Should be a lot of fun and maybe you'll even be on TV!

#4065 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:08 AM

Yeah I saw the tournament thing for Friday, but one of my friends can only go on Saturday. I've got this urge to go on Friday anyway. I don't really want to go both days, but I have considered it. Gotta think it over. :-k

#4066 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:07 AM

Does anyone have an extra The World Ends With You (DS) guide? I don't know when this one was pennied out.

#4067 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:54 PM

Does anyone have an extra The World Ends With You (DS) guide? I don't know when this one was pennied out.

I actually don't have that one. Amazon says it is from 2008, but I don't remember even seeing it before.

#4068 sweepy76

sweepy76

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:48 PM

Hey has anyone ever been to Game Pazzo in Downers Grove? I drive past it every day on my way to work in Oak Brook, and just now decided to look it up.

They buy/sell/trade but apparently you can also "rent" spots to try games. There's also food/bar (unsure if alcohol), tournaments, a music stage, etc.

I'm not sure I understand why you would open a place like this, it's just console and PC games. If it had arcade cabinets I would understand but it's just consoles and PC's, I don't get it! :-| Yes, you can be social while gaming in this place but couldn't you just do this at your house?
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/osiris+prime"]Posted Image[/URL]

#4069 52club

52club

This ain't intramurals!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:18 PM

Me and a buddy did an NBA podcast for his web site, based on the piss poor NBA coverage of the Tribune you might want to give this a try.

http://www.fromthe3s...t-nba-analysis/
Space for Rent:lol:

#4070 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:12 AM

Coca-cola Freestyle: skip the Raspberry Coke.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#4071 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:13 PM

I'm not going to make it to the arcade this weekend. I've been sick for a week and I have to go to my friend's Dad's funeral.

#4072 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:35 PM

I'll be missing the tournaments on Friday but I'm still going Saturday. My friends can only swing Saturday or Sunday and I'm not missing the bears game so Saturday it is.

#4073 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Basement Jaxx!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:09 AM

Found a Gran Turismo 5 SE in Homewood Tonight, It should still be there.

#4074 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:55 AM

Always a fun time at Galloping Ghost again today. Broke my own Puzzle Fighter house record, my friend also broke the SFII Turbo record once again. New games up and running since I was there a few weeks ago, more classics, Spy Hunter, Asteroids, and Popeye. Good stuff.

Also, I have an extra Fable 3 Collectors Edition I grabbed from a Best Buy, not sure if my brother is gonna want it or not, so I'm taking offers for trade, if anyone is interested.

#4075 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:03 AM

So the Bears are one win from the Super Bowl. I'd hate to see how much the tickets will cost for Sunday...

I need a new signature.

#4076 mission42

mission42

To start, press any key

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:15 AM

I don't know but I wish I could get a hold of some. Cheapest on Stubhub are about $450 for the worst seats there. :(
Posted Image

#4077 bigsick

bigsick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:37 PM

I might stop at the arcade tonight for the first time. mro do you know if there were any more copies left? Which best buy.
Posted Image

#4078 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:44 PM

I might stop at the arcade tonight for the first time. mro do you know if there were any more copies left? Which best buy.

I hit the store on North Ave, but they only had 2 copies last Wedesnday, so I grabbed them both.

#4079 Darkside Hazuki

Darkside Hazuki

Inextinguishable.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:25 PM

Coca-cola Freestyle: skip the Raspberry Coke.

Whoa, whoa, whoa....what is this, and where?

#4080 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:21 AM

Whoa, whoa, whoa....what is this, and where?

http://en.wikipedia....yle_(Coca-Cola)

I grabbed drive-thru at the Wendy's in Niles on Golf, and I got a coupon for a free Freestyle Coke w/ purchase of their new fries. I went back later that week and tried out the machine. I tried all the different "regular" Cokes they had. I liked the lime one; I remember when that was out years ago.

Here's a list of IL locations:

http://www.facebook....339498918#IL890
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image