Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Sweet Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champions!

• Please log in to reply
5319 replies to this topic

#4081 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:04 AM

For those who missed it...

http://www.wgntv.com...ng-Ghost-Arcade

#4082 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:46 AM

http://en.wikipedia....yle_(Coca-Cola)

I grabbed drive-thru at the Wendy's in Niles on Golf, and I got a coupon for a free Freestyle Coke w/ purchase of their new fries. I went back later that week and tried out the machine. I tried all the different "regular" Cokes they had. I liked the lime one; I remember when that was out years ago.

Here's a list of IL locations:

http://www.facebook....339498918#IL890

I'm trying it in Tinley tomorrow.

#4083 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:24 AM

For those who missed it...

http://www.wgntv.com...ng-Ghost-Arcade

Marcus is on WGN? I went to school with him...He used to take photos for the newspaper at my punk rock / indie shows.

I also know the guy in the Iron maiden shirt they interviewed. Every time I go to or see something about the Arcade, I see someone I know. Weird.

#4084 Ghostlord

Ghostlord

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:20 PM

Hey everyone! Just wanted to say thank you for coming to the Galloping Ghost Arcade. I know several of you asked for more multiplayer games, and just wanted to let you know I just finished setting up SUNSET RIDERS - 4 Player! Always great talking with you CAG members when you stop by, and hope to see you soon! And this week if you come in and say you are from CAG I can give you $3 off admission. Thanks again - Doc

#4085 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 22 January 2011 - 08:51 PM

Thank you, Doc! Sunset Riders was a good one. Now to figure out when I make it back there.

#4086 Darkside Hazuki

Darkside Hazuki

Inextinguishable.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:27 PM

http://en.wikipedia....yle_(Coca-Cola)

I grabbed drive-thru at the Wendy's in Niles on Golf, and I got a coupon for a free Freestyle Coke w/ purchase of their new fries. I went back later that week and tried out the machine. I tried all the different "regular" Cokes they had. I liked the lime one; I remember when that was out years ago.

Here's a list of IL locations:

http://www.facebook....339498918#IL890

I hit Moe's in Schaumburg. Half Orange Coke + Half Vanilla Coke = Epic Creamsicle Coke

Went nuts before I left and put all the fruity Cokes in one cup...tasted like Dr. Pepper.

As a side note, the same Moe's is giving away burritos tomorrow after 3 p.m. One freebie per customer.

#4087 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:43 PM

Anyone know were to buy sanwa parts for a sega astro city machine?

#4088 Hybrid5006

Hybrid5006

White Trash Ballin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:33 PM

I don't like these machines. Some of them work fine, others times I get what tastes like a black club soda... (i.e. Quizno's on Halsted by UIC) (don't remember if it was a coke or pepsi machines)

#4089 DaCannon

DaCannon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:50 AM

Been traveling around Chicago land visiting several best buy looking for fable 3 collectors ed. Anyone here willing to sell? And also mass effect 2 CE

#4090 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:41 AM

I was gonna swap out the joystick on my SF4 TE stick but never got around to it, but I was looking around here. Wouldn't hurt to contact Doc at Galloping Ghost also, he may have extra parts or can direct you to a supplier as well. He used to help others out with repairs in the past but I know his time is more limited with the arcade open now.

#4091 Ghostlord

Ghostlord

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:09 AM

I actually have a large order of Sanwa stuff on the way in. Should be here sometime this week. What are you looking for?

#4092 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:05 PM

In case any of you guys want to take advantage of the K-Mart deals this week, the K-Mart at the HIP has several copies left of Mass Effect 2 and Dead Space 2. They also have a few PSP-3000s left.

#4093 Neebles

Neebles

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:46 AM

Sorry if this is the wrong area for this, but just wanted to say hey. I'm from the northern burbs of Chicago...

#4094 SeraphiMichael

SeraphiMichael

Divine Messenger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:53 AM

I was wondering if any CAGs in the area has seen BlazBlue: Continuum Shift on clearance at Best Buy? Still full price at Downers Grove (Butterfield) and Addison. In addition, any shops that still have Hexyz Force for PSP?

#4095 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:14 AM

#SNOMG!

Hahaha!

#4096 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:29 AM

hey i think its snowin
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#4097 SEGA128DC

SEGA128DC

EA Sports suck!!!...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:25 AM

Yeah, there's just a little dusting of snow, right now...:whee:
Rise from your grave...

#4098 Gameboy415

Gameboy415

16-bits of awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:29 PM

I was wondering if any CAGs in the area has seen BlazBlue: Continuum Shift on clearance at Best Buy? Still full price at Downers Grove (Butterfield) and Addison. In addition, any shops that still have Hexyz Force for PSP?

Hey I just saw your PM and figured I'd reply here for everyone's benefit.
I may have made a mistake when I posted about it before, but the game on clearance at my Best Buy was BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger, AKA: the first BlazBlue.

The 2nd game is still full price ($39.99). BUT it's only $29.99 @ Gamestop and on Amazon, if that helps.

A couple other games went on clearance (@ Best Buy) recently:

PS3/360 - Rogue Warrior - $9.99
360 - Chronicles of Riddick - $8.99
Posted Image

#4099 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:34 PM

My door is blocked by snow.

#4100 SeraphiMichael

SeraphiMichael

Divine Messenger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2011 - 04:51 PM

My door is also blocked by snow, but I can open it enough that I would be able to un-obstruct the passage.

Hey I just saw your PM and figured I'd reply here for everyone's benefit.
I may have made a mistake when I posted about it before, but the game on clearance at my Best Buy was BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger, AKA: the first BlazBlue.

The 2nd game is still full price ($39.99). BUT it's only $29.99 @ Gamestop and on Amazon, if that helps.

A couple other games went on clearance (@ Best Buy) recently:

PS3/360 - Rogue Warrior - $9.99
360 - Chronicles of Riddick - $8.99

Ah okay. Thanks for the update. I also already have Calamity Trigger. That just leaves me to see if I have to resort to heading into a Chicago GameStop for Hexyz Force. I wonder if any still have a sealed copy? I could have sworn seeing it somewhere else. A K-Mart or a Meijer I believe....

#4101 SeraphiMichael

SeraphiMichael

Divine Messenger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2011 - 04:54 PM

Double post o.x

Edited by SeraphiMichael, 02 February 2011 - 10:18 PM.

#4102 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:24 PM

Quick everyone, get out to the stores! The clearance is the best it's ever been in history, and everyone has better than Black Friday doorbusters!!!!

Not really, but if you wanna trudge though the arctic out there, go right ahead. I was able to clean half my car off today, but the street side will have to wait for a plow, because the street itself is up to my waist. No use burying myself on that side to get the snow off and then have a plow put it all back, especially since I can't drive down the street anyway.

#4103 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:09 PM

This is where the boys become men. It's Chicago. Suck it up!! :D

#4104 bigsick

bigsick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:42 AM

If anyone is interested in pre C2E2 Shows (not really official but comic shows that are before that one) there are two coming up

1. WINTER CON 2
Feb. 12th – 13th
20 Plus Creators over 2 Days
Free Admission
1530 Montrose, Chicago IL
http://www.chicagocomicvault.com/2011/01/winter-con-2-chicago%E2%80%99s-only-free-comic-book-convention/

a week after is the second one

2. Dan Con 2011
Sunday, Feb 20, 2011
10 am - 4pm
Orland Park Civic Center in Orland Park, IL
Admission $2
http://dancon2011.blogspot.com/

I will be attending both on sunday.
Posted Image

#4105 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:49 AM

If anyone is interested in pre C2E2 Shows (not really official but comic shows that are before that one) there are two coming up

1. WINTER CON 2
Feb. 12th – 13th
Free Admission
http://www.chicagoco...ook-convention/

Huh. I drive past that place every day on my way to work and from the outside it doesn't look big enough to host an event. Deceptive!
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#4106 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:09 PM

Any watch the Chicago Code last night? I thought it wasn't too bad for a start but it seemed to laid back for a show that was pinned to be very serious.

I need a new signature.

#4107 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:39 PM

1. WINTER CON 2
Feb. 12th – 13th
Free Admission
http://www.chicagoco...ook-convention/

a week after is the second one

2. Dan Con 2011
Sunday, Feb 20, 2011
10 am - 4pm
Orland Park Civic Center in Orland Park, IL
Admission $2
http://dancon2011.blogspot.com/

I will be attending both on sunday.

I also saw this on on CL for the Cityfolk:

COLLECTIBLE COMIC SHOW

PORTAGE THEATER CHICAGO ILL

FEB 13TH 10.30 - $3

4050 N MILWAUKEE AVE 10.30 -9.00

#4108 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:23 PM

Huh. I drive past that place every day on my way to work and from the outside it doesn't look big enough to host an event. Deceptive!

It isn't. I used a groupon there, and it was tiny.

#4109 52club

52club

This ain't intramurals!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:11 AM

Any watch the Chicago Code last night? I thought it wasn't too bad for a start but it seemed to laid back for a show that was pinned to be very serious.

I think I've been spoiled by cop shows like "The Wire" & "The Shield". The opening sequence of the car chase was just plain silly. Seems like the network executives have their hands all over it which is too bad. It was fun to see the city, but not fun enough that I think it makes up for a lackluster show. On a related note, Justified starts up tonight on FX:bouncy:.
Space for Rent:lol:

#4110 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:16 AM

I think I've been spoiled by cop shows like "The Wire" & "The Shield". The opening sequence of the car chase was just plain silly. Seems like the network executives have their hands all over it which is too bad. It was fun to see the city, but not fun enough that I think it makes up for a lackluster show. On a related note, Justified starts up tonight on FX:bouncy:.

The only thing that could have made "The Shield" better is nudity. That show was close to perfect. It didn't need it, but that is the only thing I think they could have changed (if it was on another channel) to make it better.