Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Sweet Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champions!

• Please log in to reply
5327 replies to this topic

#391 BLarR

BLarR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2005 - 06:49 AM

I could go, it's not that far as Harlem's only a block away.... but whenever I'm ditching someone I tell them to meet me at Baker's Square... I don't trust this. (Not even joking, thegamer4787 can confirm this)

#392 rocksolidaudio

rocksolidaudio

Who rocks the party

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2005 - 08:08 AM

i guess i'm still going, but the turnout seems like it will be kinda weak :-(

#393 BLarR

BLarR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2005 - 08:35 AM

Hey, at least the food will be crappy.

#394 rocksolidaudio

rocksolidaudio

Who rocks the party

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2005 - 09:32 AM

Hey, at least the food will be crappy.

i'm not sure what restaurant YOU'RE talking about, but you'd better watch what you say about the BS

#395 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2005 - 12:42 PM

6 or 7 is still quite a few at any sit-down restaurant; any more might make it difficult to get a table (or two). I'm still not sure what my plans are (I might have some other dinner obligations tonight), but I'll give ryosnk a call by 7:00 or 7:30 to let him know what's up. (PM him for his number if you need it.)

#396 EdS25

EdS25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2005 - 04:17 PM

Still planning on going. Sounds like I might have the longest drive (coming from west suburbs), so if we're gonna cancel it please post as soon as possible (ideally by like 5:15 latest).

Ed

#397 thegamer4787

thegamer4787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2005 - 04:22 PM

I could go, it's not that far as Harlem's only a block away.... but whenever I'm ditching someone I tell them to meet me at Baker's Square... I don't trust this. (Not even joking, thegamer4787 can confirm this)

This is true
Posted Image

#398 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2005 - 09:16 PM

Well I'll be in the parking lot wearing a puma hat. So if your thier meet me up. Then around 7:15 I guess we can go in.

#399 flybrione

flybrione

Guitar Solo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2005 - 09:18 PM

I be wearing my blue RPD shirt

#400 rocksolidaudio

rocksolidaudio

Who rocks the party

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2005 - 10:12 PM

i'll wear the CAG shirt cheap gave me at e3 :-) might be a little late though. i hope other people are actually bringing games...

#401 chickenhawk

chickenhawk

Like sand in the scumbag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2005 - 10:17 PM

Still planning on going. Sounds like I might have the longest drive (coming from west suburbs), so if we're gonna cancel it please post as soon as possible (ideally by like 5:15 latest).

Ed

Hey...just wondering, where are you in the west burbs? I'm southwest so I was just curious how close you were to me. I can't go tonight cause I have to watch my son, but it would have been cool to meet some of you guys.
"The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. It can't be done." - John Ruskin :roll:
Posted Image

#402 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2005 - 11:05 PM

i'll wear the CAG shirt cheap gave me at e3 :-) might be a little late though. i hope other people are actually bringing games...

I'll be brining some. But not IQ, my wife likes it alot.

#403 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2005 - 04:14 PM

To all who attended the swap meet, thank you and it was a blast meeting you all and I hope we get to have that lan party rocksolid. :)

#404 Johnny Postman

Johnny Postman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2005 - 03:31 AM

Glad the meet went well for everyone.. hopefully work won't get in the way for me next time.

On another Chicago note... the CompUSA in Skokie (Next to the Crown Village 18) has B1G1 on what looks like all video games but it might be YMMV. On each aisle were signs stating it but not specifically for a system... just a general Buy 1 get 1 sign. I only used it for some GBA titles and had no problems but didn't ask if it was everything.

I'll check again tomorrow to see what's what and post more info.

*Edit*

The B1G1 deal is just for all Gamecube and GBA titles along with the 'Manager's Special' clearance rack which includes all systems.
Posted Image

#405 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2005 - 04:11 PM

Anyone attending the taste of chicago?

#406 Johnny Postman

Johnny Postman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2005 - 01:49 AM

Not sure if anyone is interested but I've got a ton of old gaming mag's from last 4 years that I'm tossing soon - finally overcoming my packrat instincts.

Offhand there's 1-24 of Official Xbox Magazine, along with a ton of EGM, Gamepro, Game Informer, GMR, XBN, Nintendo Power and others- all dating from roughly launch of Xbox to present. I'd guess well over 100 total. If any Chicago area CAG want's them for free, let me know by this weekend when I'll finish up spring cleaning.
Posted Image

#407 Darkside Hazuki

Darkside Hazuki

Inextinguishable.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2005 - 05:11 AM

I'll be hitting the Wired NextFest this weekend. Bound to skip over to the Taste at some point.

#408 Kicker00

Kicker00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2005 - 05:17 AM

The Disc Replay that is right next to Best Buy in Village Crossing usually has a decent selection of used games. They give cash for trade ins and that is why so many people sell back over there. There is also another Disc Replay in Harwood Heights, right next to the Gamestop on Harlem and Lawrence. Lots of good deals if you get lucky.

Theres a disc replay by me in orland, thats a great store all there prices are mixed up my brother got ghost recon2 for 17.99 instead of the other ones that said 34.99.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#409 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Basement Jaxx!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2005 - 05:25 AM

I'm going to The taste on this and next
Saturday

#410 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2005 - 01:44 PM

I'll be hitting the Wired NextFest this weekend. Bound to skip over to the Taste at some point.

That wired nextfest looks interesting. Tell me how it is and if you can post some pics?

#411 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2005 - 01:56 PM

For all the music people here, check this out. (from ign.com)

Video Games Live Goes Nationwide
Classic videogame music comes to a concert venue near you.

June 22, 2005 - Video Games Live, the videogame music concert experience which was previously announced to take place at the Hollywood Bowl on July 6th has now revealed a list of North American tour dates that stretches through September.

The tour, which was the brainchild of noted videogame composers Jack Wall and Tommy Tallirico, will feature music from such seminal videogames franchises Mario, Zelda, Halo, Metal Gear Solid, Warcraft, Myst, Castlevania, Medal of Honor, Sonic, Tron, Tomb Raider, Advent Rising, Headhunter, Beyond Good & Evil, Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, EverQuest II as well as a classic arcade medley featuring music from Pong and Donkey Kong.

Video Games Live 2005 Tour
July
6 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl

August
11 Atlanta, GA Chastain
13 Holmdel, NJ PNC Bank Arts Center
14 Camden, NJ Tweeter
17 Toronto, Ontario Molson Ampitheatre
19 Bristow, VA Nissan Pavilion
22 Boston, MA B of A Pavillion
24 Cleveland, OH Tower City Ampitheater
25 Columbus, OH Polaris Ampitheater
26 Cincinnati, OH Riverbend
27 Chicago, IL Northerly Island
28 Detroit, MI DTE

September
1 Denver, CO Universal Lending Pavillion
3 Dallas, TX Smirnoff
4 Houston, TX Cynthia Woods
6 Phoenix, AZ Cricket Pavilion
7 San Diego, CA SDSU OAT
9 Mountain View, CA Shoreline

Ticket and additional information can be found at www.videogameslive.com/

#412 megarust

megarust

Posted 23 June 2005 - 06:48 PM

Add me to the list of chicago CAGs.

#413 JJAPPLE

JJAPPLE

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2005 - 06:56 PM

Add me, Wheeling,IL

#414 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2005 - 09:29 PM

Welcome :)

#415 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2005 - 01:32 PM

I neglected to mention this before, but I received a couple Bakers Square coupons in the mail a week ago or so. One is for $4 off the purchase of 2 entrees and 2 beverages (and states a limit of two coupons per guest check, whatever that means), and the other is for $1 off any whole pie. (Other limitations include restrictions on Senior Discounts, the children's menu, and other promotional discounts, of course.) Now I could use the first one for just $2 off each single entree and beverage for myself (that's what the coupon says), but I figure that this could be a nice discount for another possible CAG get-together. Anyone else get these coupons in the mail? They both expire on July 15. Just a thought.

#416 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2005 - 03:39 PM

I neglected to mention this before, but I received a couple Bakers Square coupons in the mail a week ago or so. One is for $4 off the purchase of 2 entrees and 2 beverages (and states a limit of two coupons per guest check, whatever that means), and the other is for $1 off any whole pie. (Other limitations include restrictions on Senior Discounts, the children's menu, and other promotional discounts, of course.) Now I could use the first one for just $2 off each single entree and beverage for myself (that's what the coupon says), but I figure that this could be a nice discount for another possible CAG get-together. Anyone else get these coupons in the mail? They both expire on July 15. Just a thought.

Yeah, I got one to in the mail. It be cool to have another get together :). So if anyone else is interested just reply here like before.

Also would anyone have a panzer dragon orta, psi-ops, or rumble rose strategy guide?

#417 akilshohen

akilshohen

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:42 AM

Anyone attending the taste of chicago?

I'm going everyday. Look for a guy inconspicously with a bag and selling CD's. Possibly with a pretty girl.
I guess PM me your phn number. But I'm definately gonna be there on just about everyday.
oh yeah
www.xanga.com/akilshohen for some details on how the ladies went wild over LL COOL J on friday

#418 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2005 - 03:48 PM

Anyone get any games from the CC sale? I'm out of town and cant go so I was wondering if anyone can hook me up with the kof collectors edition and project snowblind?

#419 rocksolidaudio

rocksolidaudio

Who rocks the party

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2005 - 04:12 PM

Anyone get any games from the CC sale? I'm out of town and cant go so I was wondering if anyone can hook me up with the kof collectors edition and project snowblind?

what system do you want snowblind on? i'll do my best...

#420 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2005 - 07:36 PM

what system do you want snowblind on? i'll do my best...

For the xbox. Thanks :)