Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Sweet Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champions!

• Please log in to reply
5320 replies to this topic

#4171 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:06 PM

Can I upgrade to u verse without the tv package? The uverse elite plan seems good for 29.99 when I pay 38.00 for the normal elite.

Seems like you can go just with the internet (filter for that alone with the link I gave), as I skipped TV service to get phone service, too. The bandwidth caps sound annoying, but I'm feeling better about staying under the future 250GB monthly U-verse limit after taking some measurements.

#4172 52club

52club

This ain't intramurals!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:49 AM

Just wondering those with ATT u-verse for internet what type of speeds are you getting, I'm going to switch from Comcast and get the up to 15mps connection. I get 11 down and 4 up at speedtest.net. Thanks in advance for the post of any test results. Also if you have HDTV through them let me know what you think of the quality of the picture.
Space for Rent:lol:

#4173 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:50 PM

Just wondering those with ATT u-verse for internet what type of speeds are you getting, I'm going to switch from Comcast and get the up to 15mps connection. I get 11 down and 4 up at speedtest.net. Thanks in advance for the post of any test results. Also if you have HDTV through them let me know what you think of the quality of the picture.

I actually get close to the stated speeds at just under 12 down and 1.5 up through Speedtest.net's web site, both upon installation and right now. Again, adding a wireless-router WAP to the DMZ (DMZplus mode for 2WIRE's residential gateway) was a real pain to set up, but the network's been working relatively smoothly for me for the last few weeks since doing so.

#4174 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2011 - 02:41 AM

Went to the north Elston Av. Kmart Wednesday to pick up Crysis 2 and they had 2 copies of Yakuza 3 but i hesitated to pick one up. Went there this evening to get one after having second thoughts but they were gone. The Kmart at Division, Milwaukee, and Ashland still had about 3 left after I bought mine if anyone was interested...

#4175 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:29 PM

Blockbuster on Larkin in Joliet had a lot of movies at a low price. Good ones left. Baely any game stuff left though.

#4176 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:44 AM

If anyone is interested, Galloping Ghost is having tournaments all day long this Saturday. Virtua Fighter 5, Tekken 6, Super Street Fighter II X Grand Master Challenge, Marvel vs Capcom 3, and Super Street Fighter IV. All are free to enter, with prizes. I may or may not be there, don't know yet.

P.S. Go Cubs!!!

#4177 bigsick

bigsick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:41 PM

NIU is putting together a free 1 day anime con on April 2nd. They have panels and screenings, and some more things. They will also be having a MVC3 tournament, as well as a retro game tournament. I'm also excited to try out a pachinko machine.

runs 10am to 10pm

more info here http://www.sa.niu.ed...eneralinfo.html

Edited by bigsick, 29 March 2011 - 03:09 PM.

Posted Image

#4178 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:10 PM

NIU is putting together a free 1 day anime con on April 2nd. They have panels and screenings, and some more things. They will also be having a MVC3 tournament, as well as a retro game tournament. I'm also excited to try out a pachinko machine.

runs 10am to 10pm

more info here http://www.sa.niu.ed...eneralinfo.html

Glad to see they finally have one. I tried to make one in 1997 and people thought I was nuts. Is this a Campus Activities Board event, Student Association, or just a club doing it on their own?

#4179 bigsick

bigsick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:49 PM

Glad to see they finally have one. I tried to make one in 1997 and people thought I was nuts. Is this a Campus Activities Board event, Student Association, or just a club doing it on their own?

I'm not 100 percent sure but i think its their anime club hosting it.
Posted Image

#4180 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:04 PM

Go white sox!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4181 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:56 AM

Going Blockbuster hunting tomorrow in the Joliet area. Hopefully some game stuff. At least want to get Machete for $5 or less.

My Completed Games   (Last Updated: 07/10/14 *Most Recent: Guacamelee - X1*)   

This Week on YouTube: Destiny Beta (X1)  - Next Week on YouTube: Destiny Beta (X1)

This Weekend on Twitch:  Garry's Mod (PC), Destiny Beta (X1)

#4182 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:52 AM

Going Blockbuster hunting tomorrow in the Joliet area. Hopefully some game stuff. At least want to get Machete for $5 or less.

Good luck with that. Both stores only had 5 games at 40% on Friday.

#4183 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:52 PM

They barely had any games. The one that stuck out the most was Force Unleased 2.
Ended up getting

The Grudge 2 $1
Repomen $3
The Spirit $3
Machete Blu-Ray $12
GIG Rise of the SixString $5 From Best Buy right off 55 by the mall.

Best Buy also had Dark Void, Harry Potter, NUNS2, and a few other games for $7 to $12

My Completed Games   (Last Updated: 07/10/14 *Most Recent: Guacamelee - X1*)   

This Week on YouTube: Destiny Beta (X1)  - Next Week on YouTube: Destiny Beta (X1)

This Weekend on Twitch:  Garry's Mod (PC), Destiny Beta (X1)

#4184 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:34 PM

http://www.facebook....212694045422987

I will be there the whole day for fighting game overload.

#4185 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:54 PM

Hi, anyone know where the mortal kombat tour bus going to be located at in the next few days?

#4186 FatBoyInside

FatBoyInside

Money costs too much

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:59 PM

Hi, anyone know where the mortal kombat tour bus going to be located at in the next few days?

I've heard the BestBuy in Burbank (across from Ford City Mall) will be one of the locations...but don't know the dates or time.

My Lowball Sale has ended.  I feel your pain.  

animePSP2.jpg

#4187 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:38 PM

I heard of that one but I was told their are two other locations scheduled.

#4188 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:38 AM

It's pretty amazing how much advertising Portal 2 is getting. Between the billboards and CTA buses it sure is getting alot of attention around here. Or maybe it's just me...

I need a new signature.

#4189 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:33 AM

It's pretty amazing how much advertising Portal 2 is getting. Between the billboards and CTA buses it sure is getting alot of attention around here. Or maybe it's just me...

Not just you...I see it everywhere I go. Grabbed my brothers copy of Orange Box a few years back just to play the first one and loved it. I'm happy it's getting so much attention now. I just hope enough people like the product, and that it eclipses the original. Been seeing so many deals but I think I'm just gonna keep my PS3 copy locked in at Amazon. Had a $20 credit to burn there anyway. If anyone else is getting it for the same, hit me up if you want to try out the coop.

<--PSN ID

#4190 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:38 AM

It seems like they're on every bus in the city. I see them everyday when I go to school. I've seen a few billboards here and there too.

#4191 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:09 AM

It seems like they're on every bus in the city. I see them everyday when I go to school. I've seen a few billboards here and there too.

Yup, just like that Mortal Kombat billboard on Diversey and Western. Hope the marketing blitz is worth it -- and that the game deserves it, too.

#4192 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 18 April 2011 - 02:46 AM

Late notice I know but I found this...

This weekend the Mortal Kombat Truck Tour wraps up with a four day stint at the home of Mortal Kombat, Chicago! The first two events are in the early afternoon at the Burbank Town Center in Burbank, IL. Monday night's truck tour event is actually connected with GameStop's Midnight Release of Mortal Kombat at the Brickyard GameStop store.

4/16 & 4/17 - Best Buy #311 (11am - 4pm)
7600 S. Cicero Ave
Burbank Town Center
Burbank, IL 60459

4/18 - GameStop Birckyard store #2865 (8pm - 1am)
4/19 - GameStop Birckyard store #2865 (4pm - 9pm)
6451 W. Diversey Ave #G-9
Chicago, IL 60707

#4193 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2011 - 02:52 PM

I might around 9 or 10pm go check out the tour bus at the brickyard gamestop today even though I have my preorder at amazon.

#4194 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:44 AM

Apparently Ed Boone is at the Brickyard GameStop right now if any of you are interested.

#4195 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:51 AM

Kinda wish I had gone now, but still glad I watched the Bulls game instead. Met Boon back in the day at the former Diversions arcade by Lincoln Villiage during the pre-release phase of MK4. They had a "beta" arcade, so to speak, because it had only a few characters in it before the game launched in arcades nationwide. He used to come out every week or two with a new board to install, adding new characters and backgrounds gradually. Good times.

#4196 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:53 PM

Got to meet Ed Boon and other developers of the game at the gamestop. Overall the place was pack inside the store and at the tour bus. Ed was surprise that I handed him the DC vs MK steelbook to sign he didn't know what kind of case it was and I told him I had to get the version with the joker fatality intact and he was, heck yeah!

#4197 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:07 PM

Posted Image

#4198 Rahxephon91

Rahxephon91

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:30 PM

Is there any Best Buy around Chicago with Final Fantasy IV The Complete Collection. I haven't found it at the two best buys I went to. Here in the South Burbs.

#4199 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:51 AM

Did you get to chat it up with Boon or did they rush everyone through the line?

#4200 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:07 AM

Did you get to chat it up with Boon or did they rush everyone through the line?

I chatted abit with him propably a minute. I didn't want to be a jerk to the others behind me. I got the steelbook and mk shirt signed and a pic with him.