Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Sweet Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champions!

• Please log in to reply
5296 replies to this topic

#421 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2005 - 03:48 AM

Well today July 5, 2005 I celebrate my birthday. My wife cave me an Ipod and Band of Brothers dvd set :). Overall a wonderful birthday being with family and enjoying the day ;).

#422 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2005 - 05:11 PM

Well I just checked the CC in Skokie and they still had snk vs capcom chaos, r6 w/headset, bloodrayne 2, bywrestling 2, and many more games. Also check out the isle of games because they had the r6 and snk vs chaos on their.

#423 chickenhawk

chickenhawk

Like sand in the scumbag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2005 - 05:14 PM

Matteson CC had a bunch of stuff left and they were still pulling games for the sale. This was this past Tuesday. Of the ones I've been to (Matteson, Joliet, and Orland Park), that one was the stocked the best.
"The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. It can't be done." - John Ruskin :roll:
Posted Image

#424 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2005 - 05:17 PM

Matteson CC had a bunch of stuff left and they were still pulling games for the sale. This was this past Tuesday. Of the ones I've been to (Matteson, Joliet, and Orland Park), that one was the stocked the best.

Did they have monster rancher 3 and project snowblind?

#425 Chacrana

Chacrana

You wa Cock

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2005 - 05:20 PM

Is Naperville close enough to qualify for Chicago-ism...? It is a suburb...

it was probably in there because I'm a flaming homosexual.

#426 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2005 - 05:21 PM

Is Naperville close enough to qualify for Chicago-ism...? It is a suburb...

Yes it does (well in my books), welcome.

#427 chickenhawk

chickenhawk

Like sand in the scumbag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2005 - 05:22 PM

Did they have monster rancher 3 and project snowblind?

Yes, they did! They had 2 MR 3's left and a few Project Snowblind for PS2. I can't remember if they had PS left for Xbox though. I think they did, but I could be mistaken. The MOnster Rancers were still on the shelf though, but the guy was pulling games while I was there.
"The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. It can't be done." - John Ruskin :roll:
Posted Image

#428 SuprTnr2

SuprTnr2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2005 - 05:25 PM

Hey, I'm going to be in Chicago next week. So could anyone reccommend any good CC stores to hit/other good deals? (I'm going to be in a suburb though, Glynn Elyn I believe.)
EAST DALLAS. THAT'S WHERE I STAY.

#429 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2005 - 05:36 PM

Yes, they did! They had 2 MR 3's left and a few Project Snowblind for PS2. I can't remember if they had PS left for Xbox though. I think they did, but I could be mistaken. The MOnster Rancers were still on the shelf though, but the guy was pulling games while I was there.

If you have a chance can you pick me up monster rancher 3 and ps for the xbox?

#430 mario23air

mario23air

Shut up and play!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2005 - 07:39 PM

Has anyone seen Nanobreaker in any local CC? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

#431 chickenhawk

chickenhawk

Like sand in the scumbag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2005 - 09:37 PM

If you have a chance can you pick me up monster rancher 3 and ps for the xbox?

Yeah, if I am out there again I will. That CC is not really around me. I just went there cause I drove by it on the way to a client. It might be a client I have to go back to so if I am out that way, I can pick them up for you. Unless you want to pay my gas for a special trip. ;)

If they don't have te Xbox version of PS, do you want PS2?
Posted Image

#432 chickenhawk

chickenhawk

Like sand in the scumbag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2005 - 09:38 PM

Has anyone seen Nanobreaker in any local CC? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I haven't. :sad: I was looking for it too but fortunately another CAGer picked it up for me.
Posted Image

#433 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2005 - 09:44 PM

Yeah, if I am out there again I will. That CC is not really around me. I just went there cause I drove by it on the way to a client. It might be a client I have to go back to so if I am out that way, I can pick them up for you. Unless you want to pay my gas for a special trip. ;)

If they don't have te Xbox version of PS, do you want PS2?

Just xbox version of ps. Thanks :)

#434 chickenhawk

chickenhawk

Like sand in the scumbag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2005 - 09:49 PM

Just xbox version of ps. Thanks :)

No problem. I will let you know if I am able to get it.
Posted Image

#435 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2005 - 05:53 AM

Has anyone seen 007: EON for GBA around?

#436 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2005 - 05:18 PM

If anyone is interested. I went to Wolfs flea market in melrose park and they had a few people selling videogames. Some of the prices were outrages but a few very good deals to be found. Their is a guy I would say around the second isle selling speakers and videogames and he had a bunch of games for $2 to $10 on psone through gamecube games. Some of the $2 games were just the disk only. I was able to get motogp(ps2), demolition racer (dc), and silver (dc) for $6. He had a good selcetion of more games and their also a guy selling a ton of old game systems and games for decent prices.

#437 Guest_Apossum_*

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 09 July 2005 - 05:28 PM

right on, I've been meaning to catch some flea markets for the longest time. They used to have a HUGE sale in a parking garage in Evanston, years ago, but I don't know where that moved to.

I hear there's a big flea market at allstate arena...anyone been there?

#438 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2005 - 05:37 PM

right on, I've been meaning to catch some flea markets for the longest time. They used to have a HUGE sale in a parking garage in Evanston, years ago, but I don't know where that moved to.

I hear there's a big flea market at allstate arena...anyone been there?

I always wanted to attend the allstate parking lot flea market but I never know when it will be open and if theirs a cost. Would anyone know the dates that its on and if theirs a entrance fee?

#439 chickenhawk

chickenhawk

Like sand in the scumbag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2005 - 05:46 PM

Has anyone seen 007: EON for GBA around?

Yeah, I saw one. I think it was at the Matteson store. It was either there or Joliet.
Posted Image

#440 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2005 - 05:55 PM

Yeah, I saw one. I think it was at the Matteson store. It was either there or Joliet.

I hope its at the Matteson store. 2 min drive or 1 hr drive with 2.50 a gallon a gas. Thanks for looking.

#441 heffaji

heffaji

knows the score

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2005 - 12:56 AM

I always wanted to attend the allstate parking lot flea market but I never know when it will be open and if theirs a cost. Would anyone know the dates that its on and if theirs a entrance fee?

There is a minimal entrance fee, something along the lines of a buck or two. However, you can usually find coupons in the Trib or Herald that grant free admission. I've only been to it twice and there wasn't much of anything. Those that had games seemed to be professional sellers, selling copies that were still wrapped at basically normal prices. Then again, its been a year or so since I've been there, so things may have changed.

#442 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2005 - 01:10 AM

There is a minimal entrance fee, something along the lines of a buck or two. However, you can usually find coupons in the Trib or Herald that grant free admission. I've only been to it twice and there wasn't much of anything. Those that had games seemed to be professional sellers, selling copies that were still wrapped at basically normal prices. Then again, its been a year or so since I've been there, so things may have changed.

Thanks for the info. Is their a flea market that you would recommend instead?

#443 akilshohen

akilshohen

Posted 10 July 2005 - 11:37 AM

it's one by division and Cicero that only opens on weekends. I went there one time when I was a kid and haven't been since. I remember this woman selling games though.

#444 darisma

darisma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2005 - 07:15 PM

Does anyone know if there is a copy of Prince of persia for cube left on any CC in Chciago? Maybe ones on North Ave or Elston??? thanks!

#445 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2005 - 07:20 PM

Does anyone know if there is a copy of Prince of persia for cube left on any CC in Chciago? Maybe ones on North Ave or Elston??? thanks!

I didnt see any on the Elston one and their was none on the skokie and harlem one. You can call them up and see if they have any in stock before driving their.

Also if you find a few I'll be interested in one also. Thanks.

#446 darisma

darisma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2005 - 07:23 PM

I didnt see any on the Elston one and their was none on the skokie and harlem one. You can call them up and see if they have any in stock before driving their.

Also if you find a few I'll be interested in one also. Thanks.

Ummm thanks. I doubt that they would have anything good on North Ave store. I can only go to North Ave and Elston store coz I don't drive. El is my life!

#447 Darkside Hazuki

Darkside Hazuki

Inextinguishable.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2005 - 04:56 AM

I've been up here nine months now and have yet to see a great arcade.
Someone point me in the right direction! Specifics please, general area won't help much. And don't bother sending me to the Golf Mill mall. That arcade should be put out of it's misery.

I've also been to the Nickel City on Waukegan Rd. near the 90 overpass.

Maybe we could get a list going...

I seem to remember one downtown in a little mall, I think it was a Namco joint.
Of course, that was eight years ago...

#448 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2005 - 06:30 AM

"Great" is a difficult term to pin down when arcades are in such a decline already. One that still survives (at least when I last checked) is Diversions, located on McCormick between Devon and Lincoln (across the street from the relatively new Home Depot, and south of the Lincoln Village 1-6 theaters). They may even still have certain token specials or a deal for a few free tokens with a Lincoln Village (Loews) ticket stub. I actually still have some unused tokens in my possession. Perhaps I'll have to go check it out again sometime. Let me know if you need moral support.

#449 heffaji

heffaji

knows the score

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2005 - 06:55 AM

Someone point me in the right direction! Specifics please, general area won't help much. And don't bother sending me to the Golf Mill mall. That arcade should be put out of it's misery.

I've also been to the Nickel City on Waukegan Rd. near the 90 overpass.

Maybe we could get a list going...

I seem to remember one downtown in a little mall, I think it was a Namco joint.
Of course, that was eight years ago...

I can't remember it being around 8 years ago, but there was a Namco arcade in Randhurst for a few years. Gone now, but it was pretty good for what it was.

#450 heffaji

heffaji

knows the score

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2005 - 06:56 AM

Thanks for the info. Is their a flea market that you would recommend instead?

Other then that, I haven't been to any others.