Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Sweet Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champions!

• Please log in to reply
5328 replies to this topic

#4741 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:31 AM

I had totally forgotten about wizard world on the 11th, so I'm out on that day for a meetup. On the bright side, Nintendo is on the exhibitor list for the show, so here's hoping for some wii u demoing.

#4742 Gameboy415

Gameboy415

16-bits of awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:46 PM

in Schaumburg there is a disc replay on Golf and Roselle, and then north of there on Roselle is another used game store. both have older stuff. didn't say good, just said older :)

Really?? Do you remember the name of it? Any easy-to-spot nearby landmarks/stores?
I've been to the Disc Replay a bunch of times but I never knew about/noticed the other store despite the fact that I take Roselle all the way north til it hits Baldwin/Rt 14.
Plus now my commute for my new job takes me right through that area every day so I'm even more interested. :)

Did anyone go to Wii-U experience?

I did! :D

I went to the 1-3PM event with some friends on Saturday the 21st. (for anyone else that was there during that time, I was the tall dude with the NES controller bag)
I got to try out Zombie-U, Rayman Legends, NSMB-U, Game & Wario, and a few of the Nintendo Land mini games and I was pretty impressed with just about everything! :)

Is there anywhere to get cheaper tickets[to Wizard World 2012]?

I'm extremely interested in any info on this as well.

I got a 4-day pass through Yelp last year for $35 which is apparently the same price as a one-day pass this year... actually $45 for Saturday! :shock:
I'm probably only going to go one day this year (most likely Sunday) but if I can get a multi-day pass for less than or equal to the cost of a 1-day pass that's a no-brainer.
Posted Image

#4743 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:14 AM

Really?? Do you remember the name of it? Any easy-to-spot nearby landmarks/stores?
I've been to the Disc Replay a bunch of times but I never knew about/noticed the other store despite the fact that I take Roselle all the way north til it hits Baldwin/Rt 14.
Plus now my commute for my new job takes me right through that area every day so I'm even more interested. :)

I was there over a year ago and I'm not sure what the name was, but looking at Google Maps I think it's "Super Cheap DVD's", like 2 blocks north of Golf on Roselle. Could be wrong, though.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#4744 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:59 AM

There is a place in Schaumburg named super cheap. I have never been there though. They have a ton of CL listing in the video games category.

#4745 TheHeef

TheHeef

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:50 AM

There is a place in Schaumburg named super cheap. I have never been there though. They have a ton of CL listing in the video games category.

If it's the same guys that sell at the Allstate flea market, they're nothing special. Some of the prices I saw were pretty ridiculous.

On another note, I guess the Disc Replay in Bloomingdale is moving to Elgin, which sucks for me because Elgin's way too far out of the way for me.

#4746 Gameboy415

Gameboy415

16-bits of awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:48 AM

I was there over a year ago and I'm not sure what the name was, but looking at Google Maps I think it's "Super Cheap DVD's", like 2 blocks north of Golf on Roselle. Could be wrong, though.

If it's the same guys that sell at the Allstate flea market, they're nothing special. Some of the prices I saw were pretty ridiculous.

I've seen/bought stuff from them at the flea market in the past but I can't believe I never noticed their shop. I'll have to pop in there sometime.

On another note, I guess the Disc Replay in Bloomingdale is moving to Elgin, which sucks for me because Elgin's way too far out of the way for me.

The one on Army Trail?! That absolutely sucks!

I always stop off on Army Trail before/after visiting my family in Wheaton because it's the perfect shopping strip for me.
It has TRU, Half-Price-Books, Best Buy, Disc Replay, Gamestop, Wal-Mart, and Target all in a row! :D
Plus there's a K-Mart a little up the road and there used to be a Play N' Trade too.

I do have some friends in Elgin though, so I'm curious where the new location will be.
Posted Image

#4747 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:55 PM

I may have a 1 day pass available for wizard world. I need to see if it is tied to a specific day or if it can be used any day. I believe I will have to put a name on it for it to be issued, so I will have more details tonight.

#4748 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:01 PM

Tagged, I live here now.

Nice. Welcome!

#4749 bigsick

bigsick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:14 AM

If anyone is interested in stargate there are tickets for cheap on goldstar for the stargate convention in rosemont 8/17-19. Most of them are free with a service charge of around 7-8 bucks for each day.

http://www.goldstar....gate-convention
Posted Image

#4750 Habbler

Habbler

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:04 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I need to read this thread more often. I live close enough to the one on Roselle in Schaumburg, but I wouldn't mind having one in Elgin as well. People in this town like to pawn. The used stock should cycle in pretty quick.

I wanted to hit up Wizard World after I missed C2E2 this year, but these cons are always the weekend before my paycheck aka when I am at my poorest. Oh well at least next year I will have all these dental bills gone finally.

#4751 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:13 PM

Looking at August 18 for the meet-up @ Emporium (Bucktown). I don't have any plans over Labor Day, either, so we could plan a Galloping Ghost meet-up, if you guys want.

Some Yelp reviews of Emporium:

http://www.yelp.com/...ade-bar-chicago

Edited by shieryda, 07 August 2012 - 03:51 PM.

#4752 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Basement Jaxx!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:41 PM

Im going with Friends on the 18th to the Mad Decent block party

#4753 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:08 PM

Yeah, and I just realized that weekend (Aug. 18) is the Air and Water Show. Maybe Labor Day weekend is better for Galloping Ghost? To tell you the truth, I'd almost rather do that since the reviews on Emporium were not that great.

#4754 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Basement Jaxx!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:38 PM

Yeah, and I just realized that weekend (Aug. 18) is the Air and Water Show. Maybe Labor Day weekend is better for Galloping Ghost? To tell you the truth, I'd almost rather do that since the reviews on Emporium were not that great.

People like the place but the weekends in the area, every bar is packed as hell after 8. And some hipsters stink.

#4755 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:05 AM

I'll be at comic con Friday and Sunday.

#4756 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:50 PM

Yeah, I've got comic con this weekend, I'm officiating roller derby the 18th(http://www.facebook....upagederbydames), so another time is cool with me. Always love the ghost!

#4757 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:52 PM

I won't be able to attend if it's labor day weekend cause I'm taking the kids camping.

#4758 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:58 PM

Anyone down for a Sat Sept 15th date? It kinda keeps in line with the mid-Sept tradition of the previous 2 years meeting up at Galloping Ghost(see: picture in OP).

#4759 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:14 PM

As of right now, I have no other plans for 9/15.

#4760 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Basement Jaxx!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:37 PM

As of right now, sept 15 is okay.

#4761 bmack26

bmack26

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:36 PM

can't believe i've been comming to the forum for a while, although i don't post often, you guys meet up like 5 blocks from my home. May have even crossed paths.

#4762 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:27 AM

Sept 15 should be fine for me.

#4763 bigsick

bigsick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:34 AM

going to a wrestling event (ring of honor) on the 15th. I will have to miss it but ill catch the next one.
Posted Image

#4764 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:57 AM

I'm good for the 15th too.

#4765 LiquidSnape

LiquidSnape

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:23 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I need to read this thread more often. I live close enough to the one on Roselle in Schaumburg, but I wouldn't mind having one in Elgin as well. People in this town like to pawn. The used stock should cycle in pretty quick.

I wanted to hit up Wizard World after I missed C2E2 this year, but these cons are always the weekend before my paycheck aka when I am at my poorest. Oh well at least next year I will have all these dental bills gone finally.

I work very close to the one opening in Elgin, I took a peak inside the windows yesterday, small store similar in size to the one in West Dundee was in its final location. Looks like only DVD/Blu Rays and Games, no music.

The Blockbuster next door is closing mid Sept, if you want any discounted blurays and games

#4766 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:30 AM

I was gonna hit the Lawrence Sears today, but I saw a post on that slickdeals thread that someone hit the Chicagoland ones and nothing was discounted yet, so saved a trip. I was also gonna go on Friday then, but my car was just totaled on the way home, so disposable income has sunk to zero. eff em el
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#4767 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:01 PM

Next Tuesday, I pick up Madden, Walking Dead season 2, and this!
Free gyro day is the best day of the year!!

#4768 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:56 PM

Hi CAGs, I have for sale a star wars mmo CE unopened for sale looking for $33 if anyone is interested if not going back to kmart.

#4769 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:12 AM

Hey Chicago CAGs,

I'm selling a lot of games from my collection because I need money to buy a car. Check out my list and see if there's anything you like. I have a lot of sealed games and RPGs. I'd like to sell locally so just let me know if you want anything!

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=132615

#4770 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:30 PM

Next Tuesday, I pick up Madden, Walking Dead season 2, and this!
Free gyro day is the best day of the year!!

No free gyro place by me.