Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Sweet Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champions!

• Please log in to reply
5327 replies to this topic

#4831 meta460085

meta460085

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:05 PM

Alright, Heres a pic of my kiosk collection, I will post link to vid once youtube finishes processing it. http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

Aaaand youtube is done,

#4832 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:31 PM

^^^I used to try to buy the kiosk at retail. Never got on though. I do own part of a PS3 kiosk from a BB that closed last year. NICE!

#4833 meta460085

meta460085

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

^^^I used to try to buy the kiosk at retail. Never got on though. I do own part of a PS3 kiosk from a BB that closed last year. NICE!

Yea, there usually pretty cool looking, been wanting a dreamcast kiosk but have not seen any for sale in the last year I've been looking. Some Guy on eBay made one and had it for sale so I might try making one from scratch.

#4834 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

Apply Ubik only as directed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:04 AM

I dont understand the appeal of kiosks at all.

#4835 meta460085

meta460085

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:06 PM

I dont understand the appeal of kiosks at all.

Yea to each his own I guess. I think they look pretty sweet in my basement but my wife would certaintly agree with you lol.

#4836 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:20 AM

Has anyone heard about this place: http://hqbeercade.com/

#4837 mnuttster

mnuttster

CAG It Up!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

No, but that place looks like it could be awesome!

#4838 meta460085

meta460085

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:37 PM

No, but that place looks like it could be awesome!

Agree.

#4839 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

The muscular arms on those cabinets are a little intimidating. I don't want them playing their own game of grab-ass while I'm racing my dirt bike.

#4840 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:28 AM

Anyone going to portage theater to see the CM punk documentary tomorrow?

#4841 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:53 AM

Anyone score on the TRU pc stuff? Saw a bunch of Chicagoland posters in the specific deal thread. Someone saved me a trip to Woodfieldville, and I saw some stuff at the Golf Mill area store, but didn't buy anything.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#4842 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:01 AM

Anyone score on the TRU pc stuff? Saw a bunch of Chicagoland posters in the specific deal thread. Someone saved me a trip to Woodfieldville, and I saw some stuff at the Golf Mill area store, but didn't buy anything.

hmm, I will have to find a tru thread now. Did they penny or something?

#4843 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:06 PM

shieryda I saw that you tried to send me a message. My inbox was full, so I didn't see it. I made some room if you want to send it again. Sorry about that.

#4844 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:59 PM

Anyone going to portage theater to see the CM punk documentary tomorrow?

I was there. It was pretty awesome.

#4845 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

I was there. It was pretty awesome.

Unfortunately didn't go. I had to work till 7:30. My brother went and he said the same of the event.

#4846 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

hmm, I will have to find a tru thread now. Did they penny or something?

Damn, I missed this somehow, but I saw your post in the TRU thread.

Anybody have any luck price-matching? I want to try my local Best Buys but I'm confrontation-averse. Maybe I should go in with the blue shirt I still have from when I worked at the Howard street store (313 fo life) back in high school.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#4847 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

Damn, I missed this somehow, but I saw your post in the TRU thread.

Anybody have any luck price-matching? I want to try my local Best Buys but I'm confrontation-averse. Maybe I should go in with the blue shirt I still have from when I worked at the Howard street store (313 fo life) back in high school.

Supposedly there was an email sent by BB corp to no longer pm TRU on the games. I hit 2 TRUs and all I saw was Battlefield 3, Rage, Starcraft battlechest, and SWOR.

#4848 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

Supposedly there was an email sent by BB corp to no longer pm TRU on the games. I hit 2 TRUs and all I saw was Battlefield 3, Rage, Starcraft battlechest, and SWOR.

Yeah I called a bunch last night and most of them said they didn't have much left, and the one I stopped at (Golf Mill) had pretty much the same titles.

I hope the email was district and not nationwide. I might bring a copy of their PM policy, but there's plenty of room for them to say no. We'll see.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#4849 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:14 PM

Yeah I called a bunch last night and most of them said they didn't have much left, and the one I stopped at (Golf Mill) had pretty much the same titles.

I hope the email was district and not nationwide. I might bring a copy of their PM policy, but there's plenty of room for them to say no. We'll see.

What I do (and I will attempt once fedex delievers my sig required package :bomb:) is ask the BB employee to bring it up on google. If they type 'toys r us diablo 3', the first result shows the 9.98 price.

#4850 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:18 PM

I'm going to bring a printout, but even using the TRU site's search brings them up now.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#4851 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

I'm going to bring a printout, but even using the TRU site's search brings them up now.

Oh, wow, thats cool that it is working now! I also noticed the Diablo battlechest is 9.98. I already own several copies from years sales, but that is a good deal too!

#4852 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

What is this TRU deal?

#4853 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:00 PM

What is this TRU deal?

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=329365

#4854 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:38 AM

Success! Wife wanted to hit Old Orchard after work, so that's 2 Best Buys on the way. The Golf Mill one (near Golf and Milwaukee) was a no-go; customer service cashier wasn't convinced and kicked it up to her manager who said no because the TRU across the street didn't have it in stock. They were polite and sympathetic about it, though. The BB across the street from Old Orchard didn't even bother checking: they looked at my printout of the TRU.com page and PM'd it at the register.

Strategy? Also bought a copy of Amalur that I'm going to return cos it don' activate on Steam.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#4855 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

Another story on the Ghost, this time focusing on a record for simultaneous arcade players (this seems ripe for breaking; wonder if an arcade expo would count):
http://www.theverge....wn-world-record

Original source: http://www.examiner....cade-experience

On a different note, anyone know what PC clearance is left at the TRU on Western by Roscoe?

#4856 TooMuchCoolness

TooMuchCoolness

Deep Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:31 AM

Success! Wife wanted to hit Old Orchard after work, so that's 2 Best Buys on the way. The Golf Mill one (near Golf and Milwaukee) was a no-go; customer service cashier wasn't convinced and kicked it up to her manager who said no because the TRU across the street didn't have it in stock. They were polite and sympathetic about it, though. The BB across the street from Old Orchard didn't even bother checking: they looked at my printout of the TRU.com page and PM'd it at the register.

Strategy? Also bought a copy of Amalur that I'm going to return cos it don' activate on Steam.

Best Buy across Old Orchard is my go to store for games. My friend works there and lets me price match any sale.

NighT_Ryder31.png

#4857 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:24 AM

Anyone else interested for 10/20 meetup?

#4858 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:38 AM

Figures, I think I kinda committed to driving all the way down to Quincy on the 20th. Still a chance I don't do that, in which case I'd glady hit the Ghost. I'm really bad at making plans way in advance, cause stuff always comes up while waiting it out. I always tend to take things on a week by week basis over the last year or two now.

Edit: Turns out I'm out of town on the 27th, not the 20th afterall, but I've got a Halloween party at night. I can probably swing by for a few hours early in the day.

Edited by mrosnwo, 10 October 2012 - 08:38 PM.

#4859 meta460085

meta460085

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:19 AM

Me and some friends are gonna go next Saturday so if any CAGs happen to be there, sweet.

#4860 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:34 PM

Me and some friends are gonna go next Saturday so if any CAGs happen to be there, sweet.

Me and my bro are going. I'll be the guy with the white sox hat.