Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Sweet Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champions!

• Please log in to reply
5319 replies to this topic

#4891 TheHeef

TheHeef

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

I think weve settled at aroud noon-ish. I will be there around 1. I've never been before so I dont know trading etiquette either. Since Ive never been I dont really know what anyone looks like but you can all spot me by the gang of hooligans that that I roll with.

Well, I'm not too worried about people picking me out of a crowd...I'm 6'5", so hard to miss. I'll look at my collection and pick out stuff I'm willing to part with. And if anyone's got a boxed system (handhelds, too), I'd be down to trade for or buy them.
Flammable! Or, inflammable. Forget which. Doesn't matter!

#4892 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

Does anyone coming to the meet up have a Game Boy Advance Sp they would sell/trade?

#4893 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

Pretty sure I'll be there as close to open as possible, since I'll have to cut out by 5 at the latest. Looking forward to it.

#4894 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

It's going to be fun meeting some new CAGs going to the meetup.

#4895 TheHeef

TheHeef

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

So OF COURSE, none of Saturday's trains stop at Congress Park, which is like a block away from the Ghost. Guess I need a new plan to get out there.

#4896 pezmanmike

pezmanmike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

Couldn't find the thread without Chicago in the title

What about bing, tsel, theheef, sherydia, mrosnwo, pezmanmike, Metal Militia, dfg, etc?

I really want to go, as I love the Ghost. I also want to update my retro collection so trading/selling would be a plus. Unfortunately October is brutal for me. In addition to my two regular jobs, I'm working at a haunted house and I need to be there by 4. And the wife works saturday mornings so I really don't see myself bringing my 5-year old to there for only 3 hours.

Hopefully next time I'll join y'alls.
Currently Playing:

:360:: Borderlands 2
:wii:: Tatsunoko vs Capcom (with fight stick!)
:3ds:: Pushmo
:ps3:: Double Dragon: Neon

#4897 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:11 PM

I'll be there a little bit later since I'll be taking public transportation and it's going to take 1.5 hours to get there.

#4898 bigsick

bigsick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:20 PM

Well, I'm not too worried about people picking me out of a crowd...I'm 6'5", so hard to miss. I'll look at my collection and pick out stuff I'm willing to part with. And if anyone's got a boxed system (handhelds, too), I'd be down to trade for or buy them.

you may have to be worried as you and I are the same height
Posted Image

#4899 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:10 AM

Any word on a CAG discount?

#4900 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:44 AM

Any word on a CAG discount?

I haven't called yet, I put in a bid on a condo today and this is the first time I've been on CAG in 2 days. 1.5 hours and I am still not caught up with the threads!

I'll try to call tonight and see if Doc is in. If not, I will try again tomorrow. UPDATE: I called, but Doc isn't in. I left my name and number with the guy. If I don't hear from Doc in the afternoon, I will shoot him an email.

IDK how much I will have for trade other than the GC for blackout and Infamous 2 for weaponx (if he still wants it) I may bring some penny guides if anyone has some junk guides to trade.

I may be able to pick people up at train stations if they are on the way.

Sorry everyone, I've been crazy busy this past week.

Edited by slowdive21, 19 October 2012 - 03:19 AM.

#4901 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:34 AM

That's pretty cool. Live 15 mins or so from the Galloping Ghost. Went with my friends for the first time this summer, fun place.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#4902 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:19 AM

I'll be there a little bit later since I'll be taking public transportation and it's going to take 1.5 hours to get there.

What are you taking to get over there?

#4903 TheHeef

TheHeef

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:09 PM

you may have to be worried as you and I are the same height

Well, fine then...I'll find the other tall guy, figure he's a CAG, and go from there.

For those familiar with BNSF...would Brookfield be the best stop to take to get there, or a different one? Congress Park is right there, but none of the weekend trains stop there.

#4904 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

What are you taking to get over there?

I'm taking the pace bus from harlem and grand.

#4905 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

I'm taking the pace bus from harlem and grand.

Oh OK. I might have to take public transportation too. Not sure.

I know someone mentioned it before but we should all definitely do that Bing challenge at the Microsoft store for the $25 gift card if it's near the arcade.

#4906 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:25 PM

Oh OK. I might have to take public transportation too. Not sure.

I know someone mentioned it before but we should all definitely do that Bing challenge at the Microsoft store for the $25 gift card if it's near the arcade.

Which bus/train are you taking?

#4907 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

I did but I didn't know that many people were taking PT. Blackout, My cousin gave me her Infamous 2.

#4908 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

Which bus/train are you taking?

I'm not sure. I'd have to look it up. I'm like 20 minutes away by car but not sure which buses go out there from the city.

I did but I didn't know that many people were taking PT. Blackout, My cousin gave me her Infamous 2.

Is the MS store really far away from the arcade?

#4909 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

Is the MS store really far away from the arcade?

Oakbrook Center, 49 Oakbrook Center,Oak Brook, IL 60523

It's about 8 miles away.

#4910 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

Oakbrook Center, 49 Oakbrook Center,Oak Brook, IL 60523

It's about 8 miles away.

Maybe we can all hop on the bus and get our gift cards. :lol:

#4911 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:01 AM

I just tried to get Doc again and I guess justI missed him. I sent him an email asking about the group rate. When you guys get there I would mention CAG either way and maybe the $12 rate will be valid. Doc is working tomorrow, but I don't know when he comes in.

#4912 meta460085

meta460085

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:04 AM

I'll be rolling 6 deep tomorrow, be forewarned my friends are bro-gamers and I'm the only nerd in the posse. We're looking forward to a proper Killer Instinct rematch to a tourney we had a couple weeks ago using emulation on my Xbox.

#4913 meta460085

meta460085

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:05 AM

I just tried to get Doc again and I guess justI missed him. I sent him an email asking about the group rate. When you guys get there I would mention CAG either way and maybe the $12 rate will be valid. Doc is working tomorrow, but I don't know when he comes in.

Thanks slowdive will try ma├▒ana.

#4914 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:24 AM

I'll be rolling 6 deep tomorrow, be forewarned my friends are bro-gamers and I'm the only nerd in the posse. We're looking forward to a proper Killer Instinct rematch to a tourney we had a couple weeks ago using emulation on my Xbox.

I'm a little rusty, but I was one of the best KI players in IL (circa 1996). I'll most likely be playing it when you get there. 8-) I only play it at GG though, so I play KI like once every year or two. :lol: I forgot most of the moves, but that game is usually where I spend my time.

#4915 bigsick

bigsick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:30 AM

I woke up really sick today, so i dont think ill be there. If i'm better tomorrow ill be there but i doubt it. Sorry.
Posted Image

#4916 meta460085

meta460085

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:53 AM

I woke up really sick today, so i dont think ill be there. If i'm better tomorrow ill be there but i doubt it. Sorry.

Living up to your name ;-) drink an Emergen-C and man up

#4917 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:19 AM

Maybe we can all hop on the bus and get our gift cards. :lol:

As soon as I saw the amount of people on PT, I knew that idea was a goner.

#4918 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:02 AM

So what's the consensus on the time?

I'll be bringing a good amount of stuff to trade or sell so I hope you guys bring some stuff too. I need to get rid of some things.

ryosnk, what's your exact route to the arcade? I punched into Google Transit planner and the options they gave are pretty long and annoying.

#4919 meta460085

meta460085

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:25 AM

So what's the consensus on the time?

I'll be bringing a good amount of stuff to trade or sell so I hope you guys bring some stuff too. I need to get rid of some things.

ryosnk, what's your exact route to the arcade? I punched into Google Transit planner and the options they gave are pretty long and annoying.

Me and my bros will be there round 1 give or take, we're an hour away.

#4920 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:59 AM

I'll say 1 or 1:30. I'll being guides and other things to trade.