Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Sweet Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champions!

• Please log in to reply
5319 replies to this topic

#5041 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

I've always wanted to go to Galloping Ghost since I only live about an hour away.
Posted Image

#5042 mrkevon

mrkevon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:12 AM

I live close to the Galloping Ghost as well. I might check out the swap meet for Neo Geo Aes carts.

#5043 TheHeef

TheHeef

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

The timing's actually pretty perfect. My wife and I just moved to an apartment and I don't have room for all my games. I can just bring them to the Ghost.

#5044 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

I am going to try to make it out...I'll probably be buying for the most part.

If anyone (weaponx2099) has any HC guides, I am normally interested if they are cheap.

I do have some PSN $10 codes and PS+ 1yr membership cards if anyone is interested in buying (or possibly trading for) them. I would like close to their retail value.

Should we call it a meetup? It hasn't been 2 years yet. :lol:

#5045 Bug42

Bug42

Do You Have a Towel?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

I'm looking to trade Modern Warfare 3 for Street Fighter IV, if anyone has it. Damn platinums!

Are you looking for Super Street Fighter IV or Street Fighter IV?

Also what system?

#5046 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

I am going to try to make it out...I'll probably be buying for the most part.

If anyone (weaponx2099) has any HC guides, I am normally interested if they are cheap.

I do have some PSN $10 codes and PS+ 1yr membership cards if anyone is interested in buying (or possibly trading for) them. I would like close to their retail value.

Should we call it a meetup? It hasn't been 2 years yet. :lol:

Yeah we should. It would be perfect for us since they probably did rip the idea from us CAGs. :lol:

#5047 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

Hey all, looking to trade some of my blu-rays for any current-gen games I might be interested in. Anyone want to trade? Send me your lists. I live in Lake Zurich, happy to drive to meet up or whatever.

For further reference, I trade as OhDamaso on bluray.com, Jaylisjayp on highdefdigest.com and my ebay username is greenriver.

Thanks for looking.

All blu-rays are open in great condition with original case and artwork unless otherwise noted. Sorry, no slipcovers.

Kiss of the Dragon
28 Days Later
Withnail and I (UK Region free version)
The Departed
3:10 to Yuma
The Forbidden Kingdom
Planet Earth (4-disc set, no outer box)
Pearl Harbor
Independence Day
Cop Land (Canadian release)
Triangle
Under Siege
Doomsday
Remember the Titans
The Best of Soundstage
The 40-Year-Old Virgin
Good Will Hunting (Canadian release)
The New World
Death Race 2
Armageddon (sealed)
Tommy Boy
Shoot 'Em Up
Waterworld
The Terminator
Terminator 3
Dumb And Dumber
Way of the Gun
Major League
Friday
Office Space
King of New York
Freddy vs. Jason
Donnie Brasco
Purple Rain
Groundhog Day
Cloverfield
Dawn of the Dead Remake (sealed)
Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete
Crimson Tide
Wanted
The Universe Season 1
The Universe Season 2
The Universe Season 4 (sealed)

#5048 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

Hmmm. I'll be in the area that day. And right now have a few HC Guides

#5049 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

Old Orchard Best Buy is closing.:cry:

I used to find most of my penny guides there.

#5050 SEGA128DC

SEGA128DC

EA Sports suck!!!...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

Yeah, I got an e-mail yesterday, saying that the Old Orchard Best Buy will be closing by February 3. The e-mail also said select merchandise is already 30% off. I'm waiting for 20% to 30% off video games, before I go up to Old Orchard...
Rise from your grave...

#5051 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

That's one of the newer ones too... I can't think of any retailer that carries video games now in that area, what with the GameStop closing a few years back. Digital ho!
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#5052 TooMuchCoolness

TooMuchCoolness

Deep Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

Wow, my friend has been working at that Best Buy for 5 years, that's really gotta suck. He was giving me inside info on all deals, promos, sales, etc for years.

NighT_Ryder31.png

#5053 meta460085

meta460085

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

Yeah we should. It would be perfect for us since they probably did rip the idea from us CAGs. :lol:

I should be off from work that weekend, I might could make it again.

#5054 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

I heard that the Best Buy in Arlington Heights might be closing by June, too.

#5055 HomieGFunk03

HomieGFunk03

The Pied Piper of Gaming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

Any Chicago CAGs up for hooking another CAG up?

I'm looking for an extra preorder for the Post-Pandemic edition of the Last of Us for PS3? I was going to go to my local Gamestop today but it looks like they've sold out. I've got an extra copy of the Songbird Edition of Bioshock Infinite which is also sold out available for barter or I can provide straight up cash money.

I am actually excited for the game and statue and have no desire to flip, life just got in the way this week.

#5056 TooMuchCoolness

TooMuchCoolness

Deep Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

Why is the Best Buy in Old Orchard closing but not the ones on Touhy and Howard? Those stores were worst

NighT_Ryder31.png

#5057 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:31 AM

Why is the Best Buy in Old Orchard closing but not the ones on Touhy and Howard? Those stores were worst

Maybe all that construction around Golf & Skokie Blvd. killed it, but I find myself going to the Howard & Touhy locations a lot more, mostly dictated purely by distance. Considering Best Buy's need to cut costs, I wouldn't be surprised that the store more desperate to please (managers are under a lot of pressure to reach their goals) also couldn't meet its numbers from corporate. More will likely close in the coming years, though I wonder if the bloodletting will stem somewhat if e-tailers are forced to charge tax in IL.

Update: On a related note, I noticed this used sale on Sleeping Dogs for the PS3 with @Gamer coupon...
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=337103

Anyone have an extra $10-off-preowned-$29.99+ coupon from @Gamer he can spare this week? I'd like to get this game for a friend (immediately after buying it for myself, following a PS3 play-through, with the $10 PC deal going on now)...

Edited by dpac, 28 January 2013 - 07:34 AM.
Sleeping Dogs deal?

#5058 TheHeef

TheHeef

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

Is the thing at the Ghost this weekend still happening? I can still make it out this weekend, with some games I need to part with. Plus an improvised meet-up would be fun.

#5059 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

Is the thing at the Ghost this weekend still happening? I can still make it out this weekend, with some games I need to part with. Plus an improvised meet-up would be fun.

Yes it is, but I'm 50/50 now, because my friend is having a b-day party there the following Saturday. I'm unsure if I want to go back to back weekends. However, there is this....

http://www.groupon.c...ng-ghost-arcade

edit - on second thought, I bought the 4-pack, so I'm more like 95% going this Saturday too.

Edited by mrosnwo, 30 January 2013 - 06:22 PM.

#5060 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

^^^WTF, they are on groupon now? Hmm, I will probably forget to buy it, but these are a good deal.

#5061 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

Nice groupon deal! I might have to check it out finally. It's not as far as I originally thought, pretty near my work actually (Oak Brook).

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#5062 TooMuchCoolness

TooMuchCoolness

Deep Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

Giving away Gran Turismo 2 (PSX) and Stunt Race FX (SNES) to a nearby CAG.

Edited by TooMuchCoolness, 01 February 2013 - 12:22 AM.

NighT_Ryder31.png

#5063 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

Giving away Gran Turismo 2 (PSX) and Stunt Race FX (SNES) to any nearby CAG.

If you are going to the swap meet/cag meetup, I would like the snes game.

#5064 TheHeef

TheHeef

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

So those of you who are still going to the meetup tomorrow...do we have a time? I was thinking later in the morning, like 10 or 11, but I'm flexible.

And I know I've asked this to some of you before, but those of you who are bringing stuff to trade/sell at this thing...do you bring A-material or just your gaming Recycle Bin? My wife and I moved into a smaller space a few weeks ago, and I can't keep a few of my systems, like my Saturn and my 360. I don't know if I'm coming fully loaded or if I should just leave that stuff at home.

Edited by TheHeef, 01 February 2013 - 03:01 PM.

Flammable! Or, inflammable. Forget which. Doesn't matter!

#5065 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

They don't open till 11, so don't come too early. I usually bring the recycling bin, so to speak, if anything at all, but remember this time there will be a bunch of other gamers there besides us CAGs to deal with. CAGs are, by definition, cheap, but some of these guys could be interested in more premium stuff. I've got some old store displays from working at Toys R Us 10 years back that I'm on the fence about bringing. Not kiosks, but full size cardboard standees and the like, for stuff like FF9/The Bouncer. The stuff these guys are talking about bringing on the Facebook event page makes me think I could actually get rid of these things.

#5066 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

I'm going to bring a few small things I have multiples of, but noting high end. I'll be looking to buy more than sell/trade. I really should bring some junk guides, but I don't think I will have time to get them together.

#5067 TheHeef

TheHeef

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:20 AM

All right, I think I found a healthy mix of goodies. Some decent games, a bunch of disc-only ones, and a few doubles...I am bringing my Saturn, though, and I'll see if I can find a buyer before deciding to sell it elsewhere. Apparently space is first come first serve, so I'll try to get there around 11, when they open. See you when I see you!

EDIT: Figures...Getting all set to go and the weather goes to crap...now I'm having second thoughts...

Edited by TheHeef, 02 February 2013 - 04:07 PM.

#5068 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

EDIT: Figures...Getting all set to go and the weather goes to crap...now I'm having second thoughts...

Well, slowdive and I are gonna brave out the elements today and be there around 11:15-11:30. Hope to see some other CAGs as well.

#5069 TheHeef

TheHeef

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

Well, slowdive and I are gonna brave out the elements today and be there around 11:15-11:30. Hope to see some other CAGs as well.

Yeah, who am I kidding...I'm in too. I'll be later, though, since it's a hike for me. See you soon!

#5070 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

How was it? My schedule only allowed me an hour there, and that wasn't worth it.