Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Sweet Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champions!

• Please log in to reply
5296 replies to this topic

#5281 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:02 AM

Quick update on the Sears on State Street in Chicago: They had a Wii U Mario & Luigi set out for $210.

Shameless self-promotion: I write words at the Everybody's Talking at Once blog and cast pods on the ETAO Podcast. They're about games, among other things!

#5282 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:35 PM

Hey all.

Next Saturday, I'm moving to Lisle, so if anyone in the area knows of a good thrift store or game place in that area, let me know.  Looking forward to some new stomping grounds.

I live right next to the Lisle Train Station!

There is not a single place that comes to mind but in general I have good luck in this area for deals.  

Quick update on the Sears on State Street in Chicago: They had a Wii U Mario & Luigi set out for $210.

Hm. Under $150 is my buy price. I wonder if it will hit that? How much time is left before it is done?

#5283 TheHeef

TheHeef

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:16 PM

I live right next to the Lisle Train Station!

There is not a single place that comes to mind but in general I have good luck in this area for deals.

Hm. Under $150 is my buy price. I wonder if it will hit that? How much time is left before it is done?

No kidding? I take the train from Lisle for work! Shame to hear about the lack of stores, but maybe I'll have some luck with yard sales coming up. Of course...now I have to get couches for the new place. Stupid responsibilities.
Flammable! Or, inflammable. Forget which. Doesn't matter!

#5284 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:24 PM

No kidding? I take the train from Lisle for work! Shame to hear about the lack of stores, but maybe I'll have some luck with yard sales coming up. Of course...now I have to get couches for the new place. Stupid responsibilities.

Hah well get used to terrible delays!

Really though you probably have missed the worst of it. This winter has seen so many delays it was ridiculous. Almost every single day in February SOMETHING was wrong with the line. It got to the point where I normally take the 7:51 but just gave up and started making my way there for the 8:09 since the earlier one was delayed until then anyway haha. It has been much better this month however though.

If you don't mind some cheap used furniture, at least temporarily even, there is a Salvation Army Thrift Store that usually has a bunch of random furniture in the back. It is nestled right by plenty of CAG related stores too haha, TRU, GS and BBY.

It is over at 1520 75th St., Downers Grove, IL 60516.

That general area is where I do most of my shopping in general since I live right off of 355 just a tad north of there. It has all of those stores plus a Walmart and Aldi a little bit down the way too. Not to mention they have 2 Gamestops in that immediate area in between the Best Buy so I have had plenty of fun times flipping between there haha

*EDIT*

Ran over to Sears at 2N State during my lunch today and wow is that place picked over by now. I mean I would imagine it would be but yeah it is slim pickings. Electronics were almost nonexistent and I couldn't even find a Wii U anywhere. The clothes then too... oh man! If you are overweight or a non standard body type then that place is for you! Looking for smalls or mediums and then 32x32 pants I was SoL. I saw countless 48x28 and other similar sizes or shirts with more X's than their price. Nothing against people that buy those sizes but as an average sized young man who works out I was just really thrown off by the extreme sizes of everything. I went to go look at some tools, of which there were still plenty left because I feel like they were all only very minorly on sale : /

#5285 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:07 PM

Hah well get used to terrible delays!

Really though you probably have missed the worst of it. This winter has seen so many delays it was ridiculous. Almost every single day in February SOMETHING was wrong with the line. It got to the point where I normally take the 7:51 but just gave up and started making my way there for the 8:09 since the earlier one was delayed until then anyway haha. It has been much better this month however though.

If you don't mind some cheap used furniture, at least temporarily even, there is a Salvation Army Thrift Store that usually has a bunch of random furniture in the back. It is nestled right by plenty of CAG related stores too haha, TRU, GS and BBY.

It is over at 1520 75th St., Downers Grove, IL 60516.

That general area is where I do most of my shopping in general since I live right off of 355 just a tad north of there. It has all of those stores plus a Walmart and Aldi a little bit down the way too. Not to mention they have 2 Gamestops in that immediate area in between the Best Buy so I have had plenty of fun times flipping between there haha

Ahh...4 corners. Miss living around that area.

I never understood why those 2 gamestops were a street apart, but like you said, made flipping easier.

Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#5286 TheHeef

TheHeef

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:10 PM

Oh, I had to take the 6:22 in every morning this winter (now I have to take the 5:40...hooraaaaaaay). I just moved in closer because I was sick of driving from Yorkville just to take the train from Aurora. It just sucks because I stop at Western, not Union, so only a handful of trains go there.

I still hop over to Fox Valley once in a while (found a complete copy of Guild Wars 2 at the Goodwill there last week), but I haven't spent any time at the Downers Grove stores. Maybe it's time to expand a little. Cheers!
Flammable! Or, inflammable. Forget which. Doesn't matter!

#5287 TooMuchCoolness

TooMuchCoolness

Deep Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:05 PM

Does anyone want to go GameStop dumpster diving with me this weekend? I hear the weather is going to be in 60's. Plus I need to stop by Half Price Books.

NighT_Ryder31.png

10-22-00NoMercy_zpsb3f716d7.gif

#5288 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:36 AM

Did anybody else's Gamestop's close? Two Gamestops in Vernon Hills and the one in Mundelein IL closed recently and I had no idea until I went there. Kinda sad. 

Posted Image

#5289 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:26 AM

One inside Orland mall closed which sucked and another that I know in North Riverside on Cermak and 9th Avenue is gone. 

#5290 TooMuchCoolness

TooMuchCoolness

Deep Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:00 PM

I saw on the news GameStop is closing 2% of it's stores because of competition from online retailers and brick and mortar retailers accepting trade-ins.

NighT_Ryder31.png

#5291 pezmanmike

pezmanmike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:21 PM

One inside Orland mall closed which sucked and another that I know in North Riverside on Cermak and 9th Avenue is gone. 

Yeah that sucks. You can tell it was there for a long time because even though the Gamestop sign is down, you can still see the outline of the old Babbages sign...

Currently Playing:

:360:: Borderlands 2
:wii:: Tatsunoko vs Capcom (with fight stick!)
:3ds:: Pushmo
:ps3:: Double Dragon: Neon

#5292 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:22 PM

Holy crap. I didn't realize that store closed. Now I only have 4 Gamestops within a 15 minute car ride

I need a new signature.

#5293 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:51 PM

Both stores in Orland were often full, so only lease problems is only possible answer

#5294 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:47 PM

The downtown Naperville GS closed a while back too.

#5295 TooMuchCoolness

TooMuchCoolness

Deep Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:43 PM

Why Cubs why? Why must you torment this great city of ours?

NighT_Ryder31.png

#5296 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:57 PM

Why Cubs why? Why must you torment this great city of ours?

Maybe next year...

I need a new signature.

#5297 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:13 PM

The Cubs can't even win an instant replay. Yeah I said it!