Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Sweet Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champions!

• Please log in to reply
5327 replies to this topic

#5311 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:07 PM

I had no idea he was still around until I stopped to grab lunch at Irving's near Old Orchard the other day, where I hadn't been since high school, and on its Yelp page Mancow had uploaded a bunch of photos to it.

¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#5312 Amerijapoxicano

Amerijapoxicano

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:53 AM

Put me down as another long time Chicagoan who has always hated Mancow.

Did anyone else get tickets to the Playstation E3 press conference showing at a movie theater over on Western Ave? 

#5313 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:55 PM

Put me down as another long time Chicagoan who has always hated Mancow.

Did anyone else get tickets to the Playstation E3 press conference showing at a movie theater over on Western Ave? 

Not me. I wish they did a showing in the suburbs but I can understand why. It costs money to rent out the theaters. Heck they could just charge $5 to cover costs and I wouldn't have a problem paying it.

I need a new signature.

#5314 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:49 PM

Any go to the sony free e3 at the movie theater how was it?

Anyone going to the best buy smash bros event?

#5315 meta460085

meta460085

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:41 AM

I used to love mancow in my teens but I tried to get back into it and it is painful to listen to, I have a friend of a friend that's a semi-regular on the show. Any of you live up north in Lake County area?

#5316 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:07 AM

As a 20 or so year fan of Howard Stern, Mancow is a fucking bum and hack who refuses to give credit to the man who paved the way for him to even be in that job. Everyone jumps into a gig like that and trashes Stern because they wanna be the new and hipper version, but then they're all eventually fired and bounce from station to station, all the while Howard lives on forever.

Also, if anyone is interested, I'll be up at Galloping Ghost on Friday night, probably late, like 8 or so till close. Come out and play.

#5317 Amerijapoxicano

Amerijapoxicano

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:38 PM

Any go to the sony free e3 at the movie theater how was it?

Anyone going to the best buy smash bros event?

I went to the E3 movie theater event. It was ok.

We got (in later e-mails) alpha keys to Destiny and Beta keys for Battlefield Hardline. We also got $5 for PSN. Mine just arrived last night. Here's a messed up thing, though. My brother went with me and also got a code to enter on a specific website (not a PSN code). He tried to enter it less than 3 days later and it wouldn't work. I believe they gave less than 48 hours to enter that code. They didn't tell us to enter it by a certain date or time, either. Lost $5 because my brother snoozed. Oh, well. Easy come, easy go. (Unless I'm a spoiled, entitled brat...in which case "Pre-order cancelled")

On a side note, I looked around when I was in line and not to be judgemental, but MAN...video game players can be so stereotypically nerdy. I'm not the coolest guy in the world, but I felt like the Dos Equis guy among that group. I looked around and tried to find a guy who could possibly come close to outlifting me in deadlifts or any other manly lift and only one guy was even worth considering and he was a good 40 pounds or more bigger than me.

Dear CAGsters of Chicagoland, DYEL?!?

#5318 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:40 AM

I used to love mancow in my teens but I tried to get back into it and it is painful to listen to, I have a friend of a friend that's a semi-regular on the show. Any of you live up north in Lake County area?

I do I live in Mundelein. Hey did anybody check out the Play Nintendo Tour 2014 at the Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg this weekend? I checked it out and it was pretty cool. 

Posted Image

#5319 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:03 AM

Hey friend of mine up there wants some recommendations for non-Gamestop, non-VStock stores to find used games at, mainly older stuff. Any help would be appreciated.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#5320 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:20 PM

Hey friend of mine up there wants some recommendations for non-Gamestop, non-VStock stores to find used games at, mainly older stuff. Any help would be appreciated.

I went up to Chicago to visit my sister a month or so ago and I visted a neat store called Rad Vintage. It's mainly a vintage clothing store with some old toys, but they also have a nice little selection of NES, SNES and N64 games. By that I mean the number of games they have is small, but the games they did have were decent. Like Ducktales 2, Mega Man, Mega Man 5, Mega Man 6, ect.

They also have a Google streetview thing for the inside of their store.

https://plus.google....out?hl=en&gl=us

• dfg likes this
Posted Image

#5321 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:01 PM

Hey, all. I'd uncharacteristically been following the Mario Kart-Happy Meal promotion at McDonald's lately, but I somehow missed the Luigi toy early on this month. I've got an extra Yoshi I'd be willing to part with for one, so does anyone have any recommendations (on where to look online or in person?) for trades or outright buys to obtain a Luigi? Thanks in advance.

#5322 pezmanmike

pezmanmike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:01 AM

I went to the new Meijer that opened in Homer Glen and they had the Mario Kart 8 Wii U bundle. Just FYI as I know its getting harder to find..
Currently Playing:

:360:: Borderlands 2
:wii:: Tatsunoko vs Capcom (with fight stick!)
:3ds:: Pushmo
:ps3:: Double Dragon: Neon

#5323 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Basement Jaxx!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:58 AM

They are opening a lot of new meijers around here now. Is it big?

#5324 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:51 AM

I think the Meijers in Mokena is a good size but not bigger than any of the Targets in the area. Either the Meijer in Plainfield or Bolingbrook is huge compared to the Mokena store.

I need a new signature.

#5325 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:17 AM

The Meijer on Golf in Niles (west of Golf Mill) is fairly small, but the one on Golf in Rolling Meadows (east of Woodfield) is really big. Never found much of anything gaming-related worth buying at either tho.

¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#5326 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:34 PM

Half Price Books, 2nd & Charles and Disc Replay

Also, I am trying to sell some stuff to get a PS4 finally. I live in Lisle and commute up to the Loop every day. If you or anyone you know would be interested in any of the following please let me know!

- Squier MIJ Stratocaster E796302

- Cort Acoustic

+ Model: EARTH-70 NS

+ Serial: CD03119761

- Epiphone Jr Model SJ02120983

- Dean M-16

- Peavey Backstage Plus

I also have my modded Wii with an external drive. Basically every imaginable game is loaded up onto that sucker.

Thanks!

• dfg likes this

#5327 Crono-00

Crono-00

CAG, to Broke-AG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:20 AM

I know it is a way late response, didn't bother before because I thought someone here would have mentioned People Play Games.  They have a decent selection from consoles past to present, portables, and some imports.  What they do have isn't too bad, like Zelda, Call of Duty, Final Fantasy, Assassin's Creed, Madden, Mario, etc.

They also have a Google streetview thing inside their store too.

https://plus.google....963881804/about

card.png

#5328 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:08 PM

Soooooo

I have a Collectors Edition Destiny for the X1 preordered at Best Buy. ($100 one, not sure the names)

Problem is I want it for my PS4 and X1 but dont want to drop $200. So I already have a ton of Xbox marketplace credit and wouldnt mind just buying it digitally and then getting the CE for the PS4 instead. Anyone in the Naperville area perhaps wanting an X1 copy and will have a PS4?

This is the longest hail mary question ever but figured I would ask haha