Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Sweet Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champions!

• Please log in to reply
5296 replies to this topic

#31 bignick

bignick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2004 - 03:29 AM

Im game to meet at a bar or something. It would be really cool if some one could host a lan party for 6-8 of us. I would pitch in for beer! I could bring the switch and cables. Xbox is what I got.

#32 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2004 - 04:29 PM

Anyone from Chicago go to any CC stores and if so which one and what games? :D

#33 Graystone

Graystone

Posted 05 July 2004 - 04:36 PM

I respect that fact that you are doing sometihng like this. it is a very good deal and I feel it does help people in the chi area to find games or not waste gas. but CAG is now going to be full of local area posts. I can see it now the san diego post, L.A., N.Y., little havana, sweet water texas, etc. great idea.

#34 scdoanintendo

scdoanintendo

Nintendo = Gaming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2004 - 04:50 PM

Does East Chicago, Indiana count? It's right by calumet city and lansing ILL.

#35 multi

multi

Posted 05 July 2004 - 05:47 PM

I'm a former south side Chicagoian. Can I still be in on this? lol
The movie of my enemy IS my enemy!

#36 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2004 - 04:53 AM

East chi counts bub.

#37 rocksolidaudio

rocksolidaudio

Who rocks the party

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2004 - 05:16 AM

hey guys, glad to see so many people from around here. i live on the north side, and would love to get together for some gaming. i also frequent the targets, best buys, circuit citys and such around here so i might be able to help out with any questions. anyhow, i'm living with my dad at the moment, and he's going out of town for a week or so. if everyone is interested, you guys could all come over to my place this saturday night and we can get our game on. i have two good-sized tvs and all three systems, we'd just need another system and some extra controllers (and whatever games we wanted to play, obviously). let me know if there's any interest.

#38 Jonny Polychronopoulos

Jonny Polychronopoulos

Heartless Monster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2004 - 05:31 AM

Hey all I'm on the northwest side and have all three systems, couple controllers for each and all teh current mutli games. I'd be up for a lan party any time soon. Something along the lines of Halo, Smash Bros and Pandora Tomorrow maybe? I dont know what else people play these days. Thats about all we did at school this year.
You have such potential. gt: thetinwoodsman
Currently Live: Halo 3, Gears of War, Orange Box, Rock Band
PS2 Online: Monster Hunter, SOCOM 2

#39 rocksolidaudio

rocksolidaudio

Who rocks the party

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2004 - 05:52 AM

are you down for saturday?

#40 Jonny Polychronopoulos

Jonny Polychronopoulos

Heartless Monster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2004 - 06:36 AM

Yea- anytime after 6. Let me know what to bring or whatever.

#41 rocksolidaudio

rocksolidaudio

Who rocks the party

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2004 - 04:35 PM

i'm thinking halo, mario kart:dd (assuming someone actually has the right equipment for that), and maybe some crimson skies or something

#42 rocksolidaudio

rocksolidaudio

Who rocks the party

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2004 - 08:26 PM

everyone who has posted in this thread should have received the following PM:

"hey, i dunno if you've checked the "chicago's very own" thread recently, but i'm inviting everyone from the area over to my place (north side of chicago, near lincoln square) this saturday evening/night to play some games. i figure we'll do halo and mario kart:dd at a minimum, assuming people can help me out by bringing some of the hardware and such. we can all throw down a couple bucks too and get some pizza/beer (for those over 21)/whatever, and people are welcome to stay as late as they want or crash on my floor. i'm sending this same PM to everyone who has posted in the thread, but feel free to forward it to anyone else from the board you know is from the area. so i guess let me know if you're interested so i can get some idea of if enough people can come to make it worth organizing. please RSVP in a PM, but post in the thread too regardless so that everyone can discuss this more openly. i'll post all the exact info in the thread once i have a better idea of what's going on and who's coming. thanks. i hope this ends up happening, it should be fun.

-nick

p.s. we could all bring some games we want to trade and do a swap meet of sorts as well."

so, yeah, let me know.

#43 bignick

bignick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2004 - 08:32 PM

Im in. How will parking work? I could jsut take the train and bus. I have a xbox and 4 controllers. I have a gamecube, 4 controllers, but no network adapter. I can also bring a switch and network cables. BEER!!!!!! Oh ya, I'll bring a digi cam so we can send some pics to CheapyD.

#44 rocksolidaudio

rocksolidaudio

Who rocks the party

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2004 - 08:51 PM

i'm in a pretty residential area so parking is usually plentiful. we definitely need some gamecube network adapters somehow...

#45 scdoanintendo

scdoanintendo

Nintendo = Gaming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2004 - 09:20 PM

I'm down to go I have a broadband adapter and mario kart, 1080 snowboarding. I have an xbox as well.

#46 Battousai1002

Battousai1002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2004 - 12:19 AM

What city do you live in? I think I'm busy on sat, but I'll try to make it if I can. I got a broadband adapter.
[URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=890946"][/URL]

#47 rocksolidaudio

rocksolidaudio

Who rocks the party

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2004 - 12:51 AM

um, chicago. i'm not one of those chumps that says chicago when they really mean some distant suburb :-P

kidding

#48 Jonny Polychronopoulos

Jonny Polychronopoulos

Heartless Monster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2004 - 07:45 AM

RSVPed. Yea i was going to suggest bringing stuff to trade and whatnot, guides or anything. Hopefully we'll have a decent turn out.

#49 Kicker00

Kicker00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2004 - 07:55 AM

I live on the south side in Palos

#50 rocksolidaudio

rocksolidaudio

Who rocks the party

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2004 - 04:29 PM

I live on the south side in Palos

so are you coming then?

#51 scdoanintendo

scdoanintendo

Nintendo = Gaming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2004 - 04:36 PM

Hey rocksolidaudio could you pm us with your exact address or zip. The reason I am asking this is because if the drive is more than an hour and a half or so I might not be able to make it, my car barely makes it from point a to b. I check the approximate time on mapquest.

#52 Gameboy415

Gameboy415

16-bits of awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2004 - 04:39 PM

Hey I defintely won't be able to make it this weekend, but I'm a Chicagoan too (Lincoln Park, woot).

I cleaned up pretty well at my local Circuit Cities this past weekend (Disgaea and several others). Not sure what's left now tho....haven't been out there since sunday.
Posted Image

#53 peteloaf

peteloaf

ULTRA COMBO!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2004 - 05:19 PM

Just discovered this thread & I live just outside of Chicago (Gary, IN)
Next big Chicago area meetup that happens, please let me know

#54 flybrione

flybrione

Guitar Solo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2004 - 05:32 PM

I'm right by where your are rocksolid. I live by elston and montrose. I'd love come by for a Lan Party. This Saturday I'm having some family over for a party but when It is over maybe I can come by Please send by a PM with your information and I try to make it.

#55 SEGA128DC

SEGA128DC

EA Sports suck!!!...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2004 - 08:40 PM

Well, I'm busy most of the time, I doubt, I can make it this Saturday, but maybe some other time...

Now, any of you guys willing to sell or trade games from the Circuit City $4.99 clearance sale?...

The games, I'm willing to trade...

Xbox
Enclave
Kung Fu Chaos
Voodoo Vince

The games, I'm looking for...

Xbox
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Burnout 2: Point of Impact
Capcom vs. SNK 2: EO
Dead or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball
Fatal Frame
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
Secrets Weapons Over Normandy

You know, someone should start a "Chicago's Very Own, sell/trade" thread, for us CAGers in the windy city...:wink:

#56 rocksolidaudio

rocksolidaudio

Who rocks the party

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2004 - 11:20 PM

I'm right by where your are rocksolid. I live by elston and montrose. I'd love come by for a Lan Party. This Saturday I'm having some family over for a party but when It is over maybe I can come by Please send by a PM with your information and I try to make it.

I'd rather not start sending out my info to everyone just yet, because I don't know if it's happening for sure or not. I'd like to have a minimum of, say, six people to make it worth the trip for everyone.

So far, we have, for sure:
myself (regular Nick)
BigNick
Johnny Polychronopoulos

Seemingly probable:
scdoanintendo

Possible:
Battousai1002
flybrione

So, once at least six people have RSVP'ed for sure I'll post all my info in this thread. I figure we can start at 7 p.m. (if that works for everyone) and go until whenever, any other suggestions are welcome. So spread the word, let's make this happen!

#57 Birbo

Birbo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2004 - 12:50 AM

Love to get together, but with a wife, a 1 year old and another on the way, it's damn near impossible. I DO however play on Live as much as possible. Gamertag: Birbo. Add me to your list!

Sega128DC~ Too funny about the swap meet. I just posed the same idea in the other Chicago thread. Look here for my bright idea:

http://www.cheapassg...pic.php?t=21654

#58 bignick

bignick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2004 - 12:52 AM

Even if there isnt six, Im down to hang out, play some halo and drink some beer.

#59 rocksolidaudio

rocksolidaudio

Who rocks the party

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2004 - 12:58 AM

I'm trying to see if I can round up some local non-CAG friends as well and shoot for 16-player Halo (I also have to find some more TVs), cause I assume it's fantastic. Either way, I hope more people from this thread are able to go...

#60 rocksolidaudio

rocksolidaudio

Who rocks the party

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2004 - 06:25 AM

c'mon guys, I PMmed like 16 of you, is there really this little interest? BigNick, can you help me round up these guys? it's only 3 days from now...