Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Sweet Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champions!

• Please log in to reply
5331 replies to this topic

#961 SEGA128DC

SEGA128DC

EA Sports suck!!!...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2006 - 04:27 AM

Hmm, I'm surprised that no one has posted about the Toys "R" Us blowout sale? Has anyone gone to the TRU on Western Ave? I haven't been there in quite a while, I hope there's a few Xbox deals left...
Rise from your grave...

#962 bobo2k4

bobo2k4

OooSplendiforous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2006 - 04:51 PM

Hey chicago I need a little help here.

This may not be a video game deal but I was looking for a good gym to join.

Anyone got any news on promos or a lil local joint they know of?
I've been to a few YMCA's and it aint bad but a little crappy. Looking at a place called Xsports that my sister goes to.

So anyone got any deals on gym memberships?
Posted Image
Props to Ozzkev for the sig.

#963 akilshohen

akilshohen

Posted 29 August 2006 - 11:14 AM

The ballys in the loops always has some kind of deal going on. I don't have a membership, but one day it was $30 down and $30 a month which sounds good to me. This ballys is close to the Old Navy at washington and state.

#964 newtype06

newtype06

Coordinator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2006 - 09:06 PM

anybody here know where to get Hori DS lite screen protectors in the chicago/IL area? am not really used to buying stuff online..

#965 DoubleIris

DoubleIris

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:38 AM

sweet home chicago!!!

#966 rjarmstrong100

rjarmstrong100

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2006 - 01:17 PM

Hello all, I'm new to Chicago, this is my second week here.
I live in 162 N. State Street and was wondering if anyone knew of any cheap places to get games, thrift stores, pawn shops and the such that is around me and such.

Thank you,
- from Ryan (the total nub)

#967 D_Icon

D_Icon

'D'_ott_Elitist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2006 - 01:24 AM

Hey where do you guys go to school here in Chi-Town?

#968 rjarmstrong100

rjarmstrong100

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2006 - 06:05 AM

I go to school at School of the Art institute of Chicago "SAIC". And am still looking for places around Chicago that's accesible well.....via bus, subway, cab or whatever that are good for getting decent food, cheap games, and just thrift shops ingeneral.

Any help would be really nice.
Thank you =D

#969 bobo2k4

bobo2k4

OooSplendiforous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2006 - 03:50 AM

I dont go to school there but I work at UIC.
Posted Image

#970 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2006 - 04:47 PM

I dont go to school there but I work at UIC.

In what department do you work in UIC?

#971 flybrione

flybrione

Guitar Solo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2006 - 01:47 PM

Does anyone know what happened to the Fry's Electronics Ads that were in the Sun Times? I have not seen one since early two weeks ago. There was nothing today either. They usually have ads in Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday paper.

I have been using them for price matching purposes for years nows, basically ever since I first found out about them. I have only been to the store once or twice because it is about an hour away from me and not really worth the travel.

I know in Friday ad LocoRoco was only $29.99 and I wanted to pick it up. Does anyone know where I can maybe get scans of the Ad on the web. I searched online but could not seem to find the current ads.

#972 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2006 - 09:54 PM

I go to UIC.
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#973 Esoul

Esoul

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2006 - 02:25 AM

I was looking for last weeks frys ad too. I didnt see it in yesterdays paper either. I hope they dont pull their ads from the papers. I was also using them for price matching.

I go to RMC in the loop.

Who's camping out for PS3?

#974 NC-17

NC-17

return 0;

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2006 - 02:35 AM

The Fry's ads have been moved to the Tribune.

#975 Damanthia

Damanthia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2006 - 04:18 AM

I can vouch for the fact that the Fry's ad showed up in the Tribune on the same day it disappeared from the Sun Times. I was one very happy camper, since I have a discounted Tribune subscription, and never got the Sun Times.

When it was in the Sun Times, I've always used the scans from http://tapchivitinh....ewforum.php?f=5 and have been able to price match at various stores. I found it originally by doing a google search for the terms: fry ad chicago. (This comes in very handy when trying to price match while in another store and all you have handy is an internet connection.)

#976 bobo2k4

bobo2k4

OooSplendiforous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2006 - 04:28 AM

In what department do you work in UIC?

Police Department
Posted Image

#977 phreak5k

phreak5k

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2006 - 11:05 PM

For anyone interested in movie posters, Landmark Century Cinema is having a poster sale this weekend noon-6, Sept. 23 &24. A lot of good, cheap poster. Cheap independent posters, kind of pricey major realease posters.

#978 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2006 - 07:34 PM

Did anyone preorder a ps3?

Also anything good deals on the tower records sale?

#979 mzbagel

mzbagel

I'm disrespectful to dirt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2006 - 07:59 PM

I go to school at School of the Art institute of Chicago "SAIC". And am still looking for places around Chicago that's accesible well.....via bus, subway, cab or whatever that are good for getting decent food, cheap games, and just thrift shops ingeneral.

Any help would be really nice.
Thank you =D

Crazy! My sister is in her final year at the School of the Art Institute. Small world. Welcome to Chi-Town. Easily accessible places with thrift shops would be the Belmont/Halsted area near The Alley. It's been a while since I've been there, but last I heard the Army Surplus and thrift shops were still out there. You can take the Red Line north to the Belmont stop which puts you right there. One of my favorite places to grab quick food for lunch was Under 55 at 55 W. Monroe (Monroe and Wabash, take the escalators down) Six bucks and change gets you a meal (large variety), drink, and frozen yogurt. Decent food is everywhere in the city...it's one of the things I love about Chicago. Anything specific you're looking for?

#980 mzbagel

mzbagel

I'm disrespectful to dirt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:03 PM

So far I hear the Tower deals are only 30% off, which means it's about equal to BestBuy pricing. No PS3 preorder for me. I was in a training session and by the time I called the EB/GS in the area they were all booked up.

#981 sarausagi

sarausagi

Concerto in Cute Major

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:42 PM

Sorry, saw this on the front page and thought it was a Blues Brothers thread.

#982 Ranma444

Ranma444

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2006 - 09:01 PM

Sup everyone, I'm from chicago and usually just lurk around the forum, but i'd liek to start contributing a lil more. I wouldve added a few import shops, but it seems that the only 2 i knew of, cyberzone games (near arlington heights) and highscore (around beverly in southside), have both closed down. There was a pretty awesome store on Harlem by the HIP that sells lots of older games, but i forgot the name.

anyone know of any import shops around? I hate having to order online all the time. Anyways, keep the peace.

#983 ROD28

ROD28

Posted 15 October 2006 - 10:13 PM

Anyone interested, Toysrus has their Friends&Family 20%0ff coupon: http://www.theimagep.../2341c456a3.pdf

Good till Saturday the 21st....

#984 Darkside Hazuki

Darkside Hazuki

Inextinguishable.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2006 - 12:09 AM

There was a pretty awesome store on Harlem by the HIP that sells lots of older games, but i forgot the name.

Videogames Etc.

It's a fantastic store. Tons of old games and consoles. Where else could you find Ninja Gaiden III for the Lynx, a sealed (!) copy of Custer's Revenge for the 2600, and Spike for Vectrex. And don't even get me started on that prototype Space Invaders cartridge from the Atari labs. (It's in the front case, check it out.)

#985 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2006 - 03:58 PM

That was an awesome bears game against the cardinals.

#986 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2006 - 03:43 AM

That was an awesome bears game against the cardinals.

Yes, it was quite the game... at least, after the first half ended. :) Glad they were able to pull it out.

#987 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2006 - 09:15 PM

Hey if anyone is interested. My brother just came back from gameworks (located in the woodfield mall-schaumburg) and they have Virtua Fighter 5. He said their was a decent line and that the animation was smooth and the graphics were sweet.

#988 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2006 - 08:50 PM

Did anyone try to preorder gow and get the xbox live points at best buy for a total of $11?

#989 rocksolidaudio

rocksolidaudio

Who rocks the party

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2006 - 12:08 AM

depending on their allocation i'm going to be camping saturday night for a PS3 preorder sunday morning at the TRU on Western/Roscoe. anyone else camping?

#990 crewj

crewj

from peru to cebu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2006 - 12:29 AM

depending on their allocation i'm going to be camping saturday night for a PS3 preorder sunday morning at the TRU on Western/Roscoe. anyone else camping?

nice. i might camp for a wii out at the bestbuy in evanston.