Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Sweet Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champions!

• Please log in to reply
5327 replies to this topic

#1231 crewj

crewj

from peru to cebu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:53 PM

Hey, crewj, did we talk at the Evanston Best Buy over the lack of selection there?

yup! that was me! nice to see a fellow CAG in the wild! :) i almost picked up open season ds but decided to check out another BB. old orchard had the best xbox selection i've seen after checking out a few stores.

#1232 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2007 - 06:31 PM

Wow, this sale was really hit or miss

Lansing was OK, picked up about 10 games
87th and Halsted was AWESOME and they still had plenty of good stuff when I left. This store is in a kinda bad area.
Ford City Mall was crap

Cal Sag & Cicero was crap...1 game
Matteson was great, I think that I got about 20 games there but the employees were in process of getting what was left.

Homewood was also really good, still some good stuff when I left
Merrillville, IN was crap, totally picked over.
Valparaiso, IN was decent, had some good psp stuff left.

Thanks for the tips! I headed to the 87th and Dan Ryan store this morning. I was there when it opened and I had free reign over the video game department. I didn't see much Xbox and PS2 clearance games except that they had a ton of Star Wars KOTOR both 1 and 2, as well as Republic Commando...all for $4.99. I needed and was looking for the KOTOR games so I'm happy I found those.

I almost crapped my pants when I saw a lone copy of Oblivion CE on the shelf! Immediately took it and when I tried to buy it, it rang up $59.99. :cry: The media dept guy said it was the regular edition that was clearanced, but that rang up the same price. I tried my best in a very nice way to see if he could have sold me either one for the clearance price but it was a no-go.

So close yet so far away...

Also stopped at the Elston/Armitage store again and picked some trade bait up:

Romancing Saga (PS2, $9.99).

Guess no one bought it cuz it wasn't a good enough clearance price for it?

#1233 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2007 - 07:26 PM

I posted this in the BB clearance thread:

I drove to 5 Best Buys here in the chicago area (in the order I went to them in):

Harlem Irving Plaza (was there at opening)
Melrose Park
North Riverside
Elston & Armitage
Evanston

Out of all the them I managed to get only one game I was looking for:

Mega Man Anniversary Collection (Xbox) $4.99

Didn't see any of the 360 games except for FFXI (and I left it cuz I didn't think spending $10 on a game I was only going to play for 1 month was worth it). Like someone else who posted earlier, I did find a 99 cent Superman bust. And I took advantage of the DVD glitch and bought Amadeus and Citizen Kane on DVD for $9.99. Even the Amadeus DVD was hard to find. Three of the BB I went to were sold out of it.

Since I was looking for mainly the 360 games, I'd say I am dissapointed.

One of my friends said he talked to someone at the HIP best buy. Was that you? He had long blond hair.

#1234 crewj

crewj

from peru to cebu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2007 - 07:48 PM

Also stopped at the Elston/Armitage store again and picked some trade bait up:

Romancing Saga (PS2, $9.99).

Guess no one bought it cuz it wasn't a good enough clearance price for it?

i saw that but passed. didn't see much to choose from at that location.

#1235 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2007 - 01:04 AM

One of my friends said he talked to someone at the HIP best buy. Was that you? He had long blond hair.

Nope. I look like my avatar (that is me actually - face mapped in Rainbow Six Vegas Xbox 360 version).

#1236 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2007 - 01:08 AM

i saw that but passed. didn't see much to choose from at that location.

That location still has some clearance games, but it was crap like Eyetoy Spy (no camera) and American Chopper 2. If anyone wants those, go to Elston and Armitage.

#1237 crewj

crewj

from peru to cebu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2007 - 04:38 AM

That location still has some clearance games, but it was crap like Eyetoy Spy (no camera) and American Chopper 2. If anyone wants those, go to Elston and Armitage.

ugh... seen any open season DS or we love katamari games?

#1238 malalrd

malalrd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2007 - 05:32 AM

I hit up some north suburb best buys today - Deerfield, Arlington Heights.
Deerfield was a pretty good. Picked up Suikoden V, and Generation of Chaos.
It looked like someone took all the copies and left 1 of each as I know earlier in the week there was more.

Also found PSP RPG Astonia something. Otherwise pretty bare. Did anyone notice the lack of any gamecube games in any of the stores??

#1239 crewj

crewj

from peru to cebu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2007 - 04:58 PM

Did anyone notice the lack of any gamecube games in any of the stores??

there was basically none of the gamecube games at any of the bbs i went to!

#1240 phreak5k

phreak5k

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2007 - 05:10 PM

ugh... seen any open season DS or we love katamari games?

I believe I saw Open Season DS at either the North/Clyborn or Clark/Diversy Best Buy. I'm heading over there in the next couple of days so I can check again.

#1241 CozmoKhan

CozmoKhan

Go Blackhawks!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2007 - 05:56 PM

there was basically none of the gamecube games at any of the bbs i went to!

Only the South Elgin store had GC games... a bunch of Wind Waker and Day of Reckoning 2. A couple of 4 Swords... that's all I remember seeing marked down. The Geneva store had nothing.

I was hoping (beyond hope, of course) for MP 7 and Tales of Symphonia

#1242 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2007 - 06:30 PM

Only the South Elgin store had GC games... a bunch of Wind Waker and Day of Reckoning 2. A couple of 4 Swords... that's all I remember seeing marked down. The Geneva store had nothing.

I was hoping (beyond hope, of course) for MP 7 and Tales of Symphonia

I would have gotten Wind Waker and 4 swords...but that too far to drive. I've wasted enough gas already on this Best Buy clearance...

#1243 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:26 PM

I would have gotten Wind Waker and 4 swords...but that too far to drive. I've wasted enough gas already on this Best Buy clearance...

Yeah, I would've driven a few miles for Wind Waker, too, but not much more than that. South Elgin's just too far for me. :( Blah. But thanks for sharing what little GameCube titles are (or were) out there to be found.

#1244 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:37 PM

Anybody checked CompUSA to see if there are any good deals before they close their doors for good?

#1245 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2007 - 04:35 PM

I Was There A Few Days Ago. The Games Are Only At Twenty Percent Off. Not much Of A Deal. Im Waiting For Them To Drop To Thirty To Fourty Before I Buy. Hope There Is Games Left When That Happens. By The Way. If Anyone Is Looking To Buy The PS3 Genji $699.99 Bundle From Costco, The Lincoln Park One Got Them In Last Night.

#1246 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2007 - 08:40 PM

Has anone gotten a wii at target. If so, did you have get their early and did they give out tickets?

I'm thinking of going to target (at the hip) and see if I can get a wii. Thanks on any info.

#1247 Elriciii

Elriciii

Recovering WOW addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2007 - 09:56 PM

I just went to the CompUsa at village crossing and didn't see anything worth buying, thought i could get some xbox live 12 month subs but all cleaned out. games were 20%off and accessories were 30% off. not too great of a selection but i only skimmed through the game section. computers were a measly 10% off.

#1248 CozmoKhan

CozmoKhan

Go Blackhawks!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2007 - 03:29 PM

Has anone gotten a wii at target. If so, did you have get their early and did they give out tickets?

I'm thinking of going to target (at the hip) and see if I can get a wii. Thanks on any info.

I've only seen Wiis in stock at a Target in St. Charles. There were about 7. It's the only time I've seen a Wii anywhere other than the Toys R Us in Bloomingdale at the end of December when I finally got mine.

You want a PS3, though? They are available at just about every Target, TRU, BB and CC I've seen.

#1249 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2007 - 09:15 PM

I've only seen Wiis in stock at a Target in St. Charles. There were about 7. It's the only time I've seen a Wii anywhere other than the Toys R Us in Bloomingdale at the end of December when I finally got mine.

You want a PS3, though? They are available at just about every Target, TRU, BB and CC I've seen.

Yup, I've seen PS3's everywhere. Does anyone want those? LOL j/k

#1250 rjarmstrong100

rjarmstrong100

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2007 - 06:33 AM

Does anyone know of any non Dave and Busters arcades around the Chicago area?

#1251 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2007 - 06:58 AM

Does anyone know of any non Dave and Busters arcades around the Chicago area?

There's Nickel City over in Northbrook, 555 Waukegan Rd. in the Brookside Plaza; more info at nickelcitygames.com and (847) 559-8727. A D&B-style arcade can also be found at your local GameWorks (gameworks.com) in the Streets of Woodfield in Schaumburg. For something a little closer to (or, actually, in) the city, there's the loved and/or reviled Dennis' Place for Games, located at 957 W. Belmont in Chicago. I've never been to Dennis' myself (thought it was on N. Clark for the longest time), but you're warned to take your hat off when you go -- house rules.

http://www.yelp.com/...2ngDZGfPho251GA

#1252 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2007 - 06:34 PM

There's Nickel City over in Northbrook, 555 Waukegan Rd. in the Brookside Plaza; more info at nickelcitygames.com and (847) 559-8727. A D&B-style arcade can also be found at your local GameWorks (gameworks.com) in the Streets of Woodfield in Schaumburg. For something a little closer to (or, actually, in) the city, there's the loved and/or reviled Dennis' Place for Games, located at 957 W. Belmont in Chicago. I've never been to Dennis' myself (thought it was on N. Clark for the longest time), but you're warned to take your hat off when you go -- house rules.

http://www.yelp.com/...2ngDZGfPho251GA

Dennis's Place for Games is still open? Wow.

#1253 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2007 - 07:59 PM

I Was There A Few Days Ago. The Games Are Only At Twenty Percent Off. Not much Of A Deal. Im Waiting For Them To Drop To Thirty To Fourty Before I Buy. Hope There Is Games Left When That Happens. By The Way. If Anyone Is Looking To Buy The PS3 Genji $699.99 Bundle From Costco, The Lincoln Park One Got Them In Last Night.

There was some good stuff there. I'm gonna wait until 50% off though. Chicago CAGs keep us posted!!

#1254 bobo2k4

bobo2k4

OooSplendiforous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2007 - 08:00 PM

Anyone know when the CompUSAs are actually going to close?
I might wanna pick up a digi cam.
Posted Image
Props to Ozzkev for the sig.

#1255 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Basement Jaxx!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2007 - 08:09 PM

Anyone know when the CompUSAs are actually going to close?
I might wanna pick up a digi cam.

Around 30 days.

#1256 bobo2k4

bobo2k4

OooSplendiforous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2007 - 08:12 PM

Around 30 days.

Really?
I better try to hit one up next week or something.
Posted Image
Props to Ozzkev for the sig.

#1257 MisterNewGuy

MisterNewGuy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2007 - 10:36 PM

the compusa is Highland park announced store closing on friday.. for all you people who don't know.

i was pissed when there were no gamecube games at the lincolnwood one.
:( although i got a tv tuner card. maybe it supports FTA. woo hoo!

#1258 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2007 - 04:12 AM

the compusa is Highland park announced store closing on friday.. for all you people who don't know.

i was pissed when there were no gamecube games at the lincolnwood one.
:( although i got a tv tuner card. maybe it supports FTA. woo hoo!

Remember seeing any Xbox 360 games at the Highland Park location? And what percent off they were?

#1259 CAG 79

CAG 79

9 Year CAG Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:16 AM

The Sam's Club by Northlake had some Wii bundles which consisted of a Wii system with Twilight Princess for $298.99. I almost bit but my wife somewhat hinted that is what I might get for my birthday. There were more than 12 of those bundles.

#1260 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:11 PM

If anyone is still looking for Rockstar's "Table Tennis", BB at Elston has several copies for $19.99 plus 25% off. I highly recommend this game.