Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Sweet Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champions!

• Please log in to reply
5320 replies to this topic

#1921 CAG 79

CAG 79

9 Year CAG Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2008 - 05:56 AM

Is anyone interested in trading/buying a Samsung Blast?

#1922 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2008 - 03:08 PM

Is anyone interested in trading/buying a Samsung Blast?

Would my at t sim card work on it and if so how much?

#1923 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2008 - 03:13 PM

Nobody gave me positive feedback from the meet-up trading!:cry:;) I'll leave you other dudes feedback today.

I still have 3 copies of Odin Sphere on hold for Chicago CAGs. Please pm me if interested. Otherwise, I'm taking them back to get my refund.

#1924 CAG 79

CAG 79

9 Year CAG Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:00 PM

Would my at t sim card work on it and if so how much?

Do you have T-Mobile? If you do then you should be fine, I don't know about other carriers though. As for price, I paid $168 for the phone but I would be willing to let it go for less than $100 or some 360/PS3 games. Right now I'm looking for:

-Orange Box (360)
-Mass Effect (360)
-Beautiful Katamari (360)

or any others. Let me know. Btw, your Inbox is full.

#1925 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:19 AM

Cool meeting you shieryda:). Thanks for the Odin.

Here's the Gamecrazy I was talking about:

2930 N. Central Ave, Chicago 60634
773-385-6208

If you rape that place, get me a guide or two. You should be able to find some nice stuff there.

#1926 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:34 AM

Cool meeting you shieryda:). Thanks for the Odin.

Here's the Gamecrazy I was talking about:

2930 N. Central Ave, Chicago 60634
773-385-6208

If you rape that place, get me a guide or two. You should be able to find some nice stuff there.

Always nice to meet another Chi CAG! Good luck with that job. You'll make a lot of people here happy if you get it!

#1927 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:42 AM

Always nice to meet another Chi CAG! Good luck with that job. You'll make a lot of people here happy if you get it!

Yeah thanks. If I get the gig I'll look out for the Chicago CAGs. 8-)

#1928 typeRJ

typeRJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2008 - 05:12 AM

Yeah thanks. If I get the gig I'll look out for the Chicago CAGs. 8-)

you're getting a job at GC? good luck mann!

i was just there today tryin to get some of those used Sega games that were on sale but they didn't have any. it's like 5 min away from my house.

#1929 Derwood43

Derwood43

is a dad! Be afraid.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2008 - 01:08 PM

Hey guys! I'm not from Chicago, but I'm visiting your city next week.

I'll have a few hours to tool around the downtown area while I'm there. I'm staying at the Hotel Blake, to give you an idea of where I'll be located.

Anyone have any suggestions for things to do??

Thanks!

Posted Image

#1930 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2008 - 01:09 PM

I'll have a few hours to tool around the downtown area while I'm there. I'm staying at the Hotel Blake, to give you an idea of where I'll be located.

Thanks!

Do you like museums, zoos or aquariums?

#1931 Derwood43

Derwood43

is a dad! Be afraid.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2008 - 05:06 PM

Do you like museums, zoos or aquariums?

I like all three.

Also, any good restaurants I need to hit?

Posted Image

#1932 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2008 - 05:09 PM

you're getting a job at GC? good luck mann!

i was just there today tryin to get some of those used Sega games that were on sale but they didn't have any. it's like 5 min away from my house.

I'm trying for Crazy as well as Gamestop. Hopefully something turns up.

#1933 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2008 - 05:33 PM

I like all three.

Also, any good restaurants I need to hit?

I like Grand Lux Cafe (owned by Cheesecake Factory) or Wildfire.

Check out Metromix.com for more.

I would suggest the Shedd Aquarium or Field Museum if you have 2-3 hours.

#1934 nikkai

nikkai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:22 PM

I actually saw 2 Wiis at Target on Clark and Roosevelt this morning (around 9:30). Seems like they're dwindling in.

Hope they last w/ Mario Kart and Wii Fit coming out....

Derwood: Will you have access to a car or are you going to cab it everywhere? You gotta hit Lou Malnati's or Giardano's for Chicago style pizza.

#1935 c!ty

c!ty

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:29 AM

Has anyone ever been to either, Classic Toys & Games in Rockford or the Volo Car museum (apparently they sell video games in one of the antique malls)?

I found these places from a google map function called The Retro Gaming Store Map that was linked to on the MTV Multiplayer blog.

http://multiplayerbl...are-your-links/

If it's even slightly worth while I'd consider making a day trip out of it.

Oh yeah, no one has added Videogames Then & Now to the google map yet. I'd do it but I have no idea how to work the pushpin thing on Google maps.
Posted Image

#1936 Derwood43

Derwood43

is a dad! Be afraid.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:40 PM

I actually saw 2 Wiis at Target on Clark and Roosevelt this morning (around 9:30). Seems like they're dwindling in.

Hope they last w/ Mario Kart and Wii Fit coming out....

Derwood: Will you have access to a car or are you going to cab it everywhere? You gotta hit Lou Malnati's or Giardano's for Chicago style pizza.

I will have a car.

Posted Image

#1937 chi.bri

chi.bri

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:55 PM

Thanks!

There's plenty of stuff around the Loop and Gold Coast to keep you busy. A walk up Michigan Ave is always a good way to kill a few hours. Check out Orange or Lou Mitchell's in the Loop for breakfast. Or go to the bar at the top of the Hancock for an awesome and free view of the city.
If the Cubs are playing, take a train up to Wrigleyville and check out the scene at game time.
BTW....since you have a car. Park it and walk or use the CTA. You'll waste more time and $$ looking for parking downtown.

#1938 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 01:03 PM

There's plenty of stuff around the Loop and Gold Coast to keep you busy. A walk up Michigan Ave is always a good way to kill a few hours. Check out Orange or Lou Mitchell's in the Loop for breakfast. Or go to the bar at the top of the Hancock for an awsome and free view of the city.
If the Cubs are playing, take a train up to Wrigleyville and check out the scene at game time.
BTW....since you have a car. Park it and walk or use the CTA. You'll waste more time and $$ looking for parking downtown.

Mmmmmm. Orange for breakfast rocks my world.:drool:

#1939 chi.bri

chi.bri

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 01:09 PM

Mmmmmm. Orange for breakfast rocks my world.:drool:

Went there yesterday.
I had the boring pancakes, my gf had the green eggs and ham. Washed it all down with a watermelon and lime juice.

#1940 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 01:12 PM

Went there yesterday.
I had the boring pancakes, my gf had the green eggs and ham. Washed it all down with a watermelon and lime juice.

My first trip there was a memorable one. My wife was pregnant at the time, and end up losing her breakfast about halfway through. The bathroom was tough to find, and she almost didn't make it. The wait for the food was pretty long, too.:bomb:

#1941 themightypencil

themightypencil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 01:44 PM

everyone's talking about getting a job at gamestop or gc...I work at the newer(ish) gamestop on North broadway, in the Sun Plaza....if i do say so myself, we've got a solid friendly staff...stop by sometime!

#1942 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 01:45 PM

Anyone know where to find xbox live subscriptions for cheap and live points?

Thanks.

#1943 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:37 PM

Has anyone ever been to either, Classic Toys & Games in Rockford or the Volo Car museum (apparently they sell video games in one of the antique malls)?

My friend worked at Volo. I was there once a long time ago to see the original batmobile. Didn't see games there, but antique malls can have anything.

#1944 chi.bri

chi.bri

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:39 PM

My first trip there was a memorable one. My wife was pregnant at the time, and end up losing her breakfast about halfway through. The bathroom was tough to find, and she almost didn't make it. The wait for the food was pretty long, too.:bomb:

Yeah, on the weekend it gets packed there and you need a map to find the restroom too.
Best thing to do is take a bottle of champagne and make some mimosa'a with their fresh squeezed OJ. Kick ass stuff.

My gf is pregnat right now, luckily we haven't had too many of those sick spells. The only time she gets sick is when she eats junk food.
Last week we went to the Logan and saw Juno. She almost didn't make it home because she had some popcorn and an elote (corn with a bunch of heart stopping stuff).
She ran to the restrrom as soon as I we got home.

#1945 chi.bri

chi.bri

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:41 PM

everyone's talking about getting a job at gamestop or gc...I work at the newer(ish) gamestop on North broadway, in the Sun Plaza....if i do say so myself, we've got a solid friendly staff...stop by sometime!

On Broadway just south of Diversey?
Or is there another one?

#1946 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:43 PM

We need to organize some Cheapass movie nights at that Logan theater.

#1947 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:13 PM

Thanks.

Need that too

#1948 chi.bri

chi.bri

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 06:59 PM

Thanks.

Same here. I was looking for a deal on points when the COD4 maps came out, but had no luck. The TrU on Western was completely out of point cards.
The only deal I saw was for Mass Effect. Best Buy was giving free points when you bought the game.

#1949 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:17 PM

On Broadway just south of Diversey?
Or is there another one?

No, there's a new-ish one just north of Lawrence across from the post office. Uptown, baby! (I work at Truman College)

Pencil, are you the guy with the tattoo sleeves? I was in there a few weeks ago.

#1950 Derwood43

Derwood43

is a dad! Be afraid.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:52 PM

Great suggestions. Thanks Illinoisans!

Posted Image