Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Sweet Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champions!

• Please log in to reply
5328 replies to this topic

#2191 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Basement Jaxx!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:09 PM

The suburb of Harwood Heights raised their taxes to 10.25 so if your by the local gamestop (by dennys and value city) think again when buying a system cause it adds up.

Damn, that's high.

#2192 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:40 PM

The suburb of Harwood Heights raised their taxes to 10.25 so if your by the local gamestop (by dennys and value city) think again when buying a system cause it adds up.

Wow. Fuck THAT! :bomb:

#2193 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:23 PM

Would anyone have the Chicago bears pre-sale code?

Thanks.

#2194 Johnny Postman

Johnny Postman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:33 PM

Welcome to Chicago - Highest sales tax in the USA. And that a-hole Daley wants to waste how many billions on the Olympics?
Posted Image

#2195 D_Icon

D_Icon

'D'_ott_Elitist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:53 PM

Go Chicago Baseball.

Edited by D_Icon, 11 July 2008 - 12:41 AM.

#2196 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 05:56 AM

Would anyone have the Chicago bears pre-sale code?

Thanks.

I need to buy some tickets, but I'll be working when they go offically on sale. My friend was telling me that for some people, they sell them a day early. I guess this "pre-sale code" is the early sale?

#2197 chi.bri

chi.bri

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:33 PM

I need to buy some tickets, but I'll be working when they go offically on sale. My friend was telling me that for some people, they sell them a day early. I guess this "pre-sale code" is the early sale?

People on the wait list for season tix get a chance to buy before they go on sale to the public, which was last week according to the email I got.
The pre-sale was limited though. You had to buy tix for the KC pre-season game, then you could choose up to four for any other game.

#2198 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 03:56 PM

I'm now doubly glad I didn't go to the Taste. I saw the 'copter footage at the rumble by the fountain. I get enough of that in Uptown, thankyaverymuch.

On the VG front... no news.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#2199 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Basement Jaxx!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 04:35 PM

I'm now doubly glad I didn't go to the Taste. I saw the 'copter footage at the rumble by the fountain. I get enough of that in Uptown, thankyaverymuch.

Where did you see that at?

#2200 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 04:59 PM

I used to live in uptown, but there is not much to do there. Large lesbian population, but that doesn't do a straight male much good. Garcias on Lawrence/Ashland is good though!

#2201 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:04 PM

Meet the Voice of Master Chief!
Sunday, July 27th at Arlington Park
2-4 pm

Steve Downes, The Drive's Morning Personality and the voice of the Master Chief in the popular Halo Series will be on-site at Arlington Park signing autographs from 2-4 pm on Sunday, July 27th! Bring your games and other Halo merchandise for Steve to sign. You'll also have a chance to enter to win a brand new X-Box 360!
Posted Image

Join us Sunday, July 27th for Pepsi Family Day at Arlington Park (2200 W. Euclid, Arlington Heights, IL 60006). General Admission is $6, patrons 17 years and under are FREE admission

#2202 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:13 AM

I might go to that for him to sign the games and statue I have. :)

Also would anyone here know how to fix a razor phone (screen black) or would know of a place that does it for cheap?

#2203 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:11 PM

I saw the fight footage on a local broadcast... 5 or 7... or 9 or 32... can't remember.

I was referring to ghetto Uptown around Truman College. Y'know young black males with their hands on squad cars, people jumping in front of trains and shootings at the Wilson L stop. Good times.

I've been to the Garcia's in Lincoln Square (Western/Lawrence) once. S'okay. My all-time favorite Mexican joint from my high school days was Taco Burrito Palace #2 in Lincoln Park but they've since moved down the street (Lincoln) a bit and it don't feel like home no more. The cheap-eats place I've been meaning to hit for the last x years but always find an excuse not to is Hot Doug's in... Lakeview (3300 N block of California)?
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#2204 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:42 AM

I saw the fight footage on a local broadcast... 5 or 7... or 9 or 32... can't remember.

I was referring to ghetto Uptown around Truman College. Y'know young black males with their hands on squad cars, people jumping in front of trains and shootings at the Wilson L stop. Good times.

I've been to the Garcia's in Lincoln Square (Western/Lawrence) once. S'okay. My all-time favorite Mexican joint from my high school days was Taco Burrito Palace #2 in Lincoln Park but they've since moved down the street (Lincoln) a bit and it don't feel like home no more. The cheap-eats place I've been meaning to hit for the last x years but always find an excuse not to is Hot Doug's in... Lakeview (3300 N block of California)?

I used to go to taco burrito palace #2 B4 they moved too. I went once after they moved. (I just remember the new location being really bright and white). I am pretty sure that is the place I used to go to with my buddy, but it was before I lived in Chicago, so I could be wrong.

#2205 SeraphiMichael

SeraphiMichael

Divine Messenger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:35 AM

I'm pretty sure I snagged the last Zelda, and the 360 games I saw was a Bomberman Act Zero, Tiger Woods 06, a few Rayman Raving Rabbids, 1 or 2 Stuntman Ignitions, and 3 or 4 Star Wars Original Trilogies. But there was a ton of PS2 games, especially the Hack games, not sure the exact titles, I've never played the series. Didn't see any PS3 games(Damnit)

I wonder if .hack GU Vol 2 is there...?

#2206 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:33 PM

The cheap-eats place I've been meaning to hit for the last x years but always find an excuse not to is Hot Doug's in... Lakeview (3300 N block of California)?

I don't know what neighborhood it's in, but that's Hot Doug's all right, on the other side of the river from Lane Tech H.S./College Prep. Just be aware that they close by 4 P.M. Monday through Saturday and are prone to unusual days off (like next Monday and Tuesday, the 21st and 22nd of July). Check their web site and/or call to be sure:

http://www.hotdougs.com/

Oh, and the more exotic fare's not exactly cheap (see the online menu), so be sure to bring some extra money, just in case.

#2207 grendel19

grendel19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:13 PM

Hey all, I have two desktop PC's up for auction on Ebay. One is a Dell XPS 400 and the other is a custom built housed in a Cooler Master case.

http://search.ebay.c...2QQfsooZ2QQrdZ0

I've posted in the auction forum, but I'd thought I mention it here also in case any locals who would be interested in doing a local pickup. I didn't mention this in my auction, but local pickup is fine and of course shipping charges would be waived. I'm over in the SW suburbs.

Just trying to sell these PC's to pay for some upgrades. I forgone Craigslist because of flaky buyers in the past, so ended up going through Ebay, though I'd prefer to avoid shipping these PC's.

Anyway, thanks for looking, tell your friends! :)

Playing:
:pc: Dead Space 3; Fallout New Vegas (on break)
:ps3:
:360: Halo 2
Feedbacks: CAG | Heat | ebay

#2208 chi.bri

chi.bri

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:22 PM

Has anyone been to the Imax in Licolnshire? Is it assigned seating like the Imax at Navy Pier or is it first come first serve?

#2209 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:03 PM

Has anyone been to the Imax in Licolnshire? Is it assigned seating like the Imax at Navy Pier or is it first come first serve?

Was there a few years back for The Matrix Reloaded, and I don't remember having to deal with assigned seating. On a related note, it's hard to compare any IMAX screen to the wrap-around one at the Museum of Science and Industry, but it's nice to see a big action movie on a big screen.

#2210 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:09 PM

I was thinking about going to Imax to check out batman but dont want to drive far for it. So I'm planning to go to Muvico and splurge with the VIP seating. :)

#2211 chi.bri

chi.bri

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:38 PM

I was thinking about going to Imax to check out batman but dont want to drive far for it. So I'm planning to go to Muvico and splurge with the VIP seating. :)

Yeah, I wanted to go to Navy Pier but all the shows for the next couple of weeks were sold out.

#2212 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 04:51 PM

The only IMAX show I've ever seen at Navy Pier was Beowulf, and it made it barely worth it. But for a $30 ticket (or whatever) it's got that nasty sticky floor vibe going on, which sucks.

VG-related: Don't forget to take advantage of the GS 20% all used games coupon this weekend.
http://www.ebgames.c.../EBC3006129.jpg
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#2213 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 05:19 PM

FYI. The Target on 95th Street in Oak Lawn has a million copies of Call of Duty 2: GOtY (Xbox360) for 5 bucks. There are also about 10 to 15 copies of the Pokemon Diamond/Pearl strategy guide for 4 bucks.

Hmmm, was this the Greatest Hits version? I may be interested in snagging one of those if it's the original

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#2214 John Ketch

John Ketch

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:11 PM

Hot Doug's Rules. End of story. They do have crazy hours because Doug goes on vacation on a whim, and there usually is a wait, but it's worth it. I would wait for the autumn when the whether isn't so conducive to standing outside for 20 minutes. I've had the game sausage of the week (i think it was venison) and some sort of french sausage with creamy cheese and dijon mustard. You'll defintely feel like a fat ass but you've gotta treat yourself every now and then.

Also, El Famous Burrito in Rogers Park kicks ass. Great chicken enchiladas.
Posted Image

Like Jam bands or ProgRock? Check out Umphrey's McGee podcasts.

Sorry for partyin'.

#2215 boatack13

boatack13

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 08:29 AM

Hmmm, was this the Greatest Hits version? I may be interested in snagging one of those if it's the original

Nope. They were in the translucent green cases. Its the original with the extra disc containing making of features and such. Can't beat it for five bucks, I bought two. I was there again about a week ago and they still in abundance, the whole end-cap clearance section is pretty much Call of Duty 2.

#2216 Myeviltwin

Myeviltwin

Posted 21 July 2008 - 06:30 PM

i dont know if this will apply in this thread but are there any chicago heights deals goin on

#2217 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2008 - 06:06 PM

So how is everyone doing? Its been awhile since this has been bumped. Has anyone gotten any good deals within Chicago area?

#2218 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Basement Jaxx!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2008 - 04:04 AM

Nah, nothing out this way.

#2219 bobo2k4

bobo2k4

OooSplendiforous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2008 - 04:06 AM

Anything good happening at frys? Haven't heard anything from them in awhile
Posted Image
Props to Ozzkev for the sig.

#2220 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2008 - 01:41 PM

If anyone can pick me up a Persona 3 guide at Gamestop (supposed to be pennied), I'd greatly appreciate it.:D