Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Sweet Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champions!

• Please log in to reply
5328 replies to this topic

#2221 chi.bri

chi.bri

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:39 PM

Speaking of GS. There's a new one opening up on Milwaukee north of Diversey. In the shopping center with the Giordano's.

#2222 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:04 PM

How long has Microcenter been taking trades? I was paging thru an ad I got in the mail today, and saw their little section about it. I didn't see anything about trades when I was in there a few weeks ago with that coupon.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#2223 spongebobgangster

spongebobgangster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2008 - 02:01 AM

hey guys im back from my vacation in lv and glad to be back in chi-town/Gotham city
Posted ImagePosted Image click here to help lil gangster click here

#2224 chi.bri

chi.bri

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:32 PM

How long has Microcenter been taking trades? I was paging thru an ad I got in the mail today, and saw their little section about it. I didn't see anything about trades when I was in there a few weeks ago with that coupon.

They've been doing it for at least a year, I think. They don't seem to promote it to much and I wonder how it works. Do they give you decent value for the games? Also they let you use your trade value for anything else in the store.

#2225 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2008 - 09:27 PM

If anyone can pick me up a Persona 3 guide at Gamestop (supposed to be pennied), I'd greatly appreciate it.:D

I was going to buy one for 9.99 b4 I went to comiccon and now I don't I will be able to find one. :bomb:

#2226 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:30 PM

If you're wondering about trades in Chicago, you might have to wait a while: the Micro Center on Elston is one of the three MCs not participating in the program, as far as I know. More often that not, you'll see those exceptions listed in fine print below the ad section dealing with trade-ins. Here's what the latest Gaming Update e-mail had to say about that:

** Used games & trade-ins are not available at St. Davids PA, Elston Ave, Chicago IL & Rockville MD locations. Product quantities are limited, vary or not available in all stores. While supplies last.

#2227 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2008 - 03:48 PM

Thanks for that clarification, dpac. I double-checked the print ad, and there's nothing about our location not participating. Bastards!
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#2228 spongebobgangster

spongebobgangster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2008 - 02:51 AM

how all of you recover from storm.
Posted ImagePosted Image click here to help lil gangster click here

#2229 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2008 - 04:10 AM

Holy balls W-T-F is with this storm? Damn thunder sounds like gunshots. Shit is actually hurting my ears. I've never had that happen before.

#2230 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:04 PM

That shit was whack last night! We hunkered down in the basement for about an hour with our baby. It cleared up and then all hell broke loose again around 10:45. I was grilling some chicken at around 7:45, and almost got struck by lightning!

So much damage in our area from trees and roofing materials. This is the worst storm I have ever been in, and I've been on this earth for 34 years! When I heard the tornado sirens going off, I was in disbelief because I didn't think Chicago ever got hit by tornadoes.

Hope everyone gets their power restored today. My wife said that 100,000 were without power.

#2231 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:18 PM

I was at the Applebees by the Brickyard when the shit went down. Power kept going on and off in the place. The Popeyes next door as well as all the signs went completely off. On the way home there was a massive tree in the middle of the street that blocked off the whole road. We took a side street and there were trees down everywhere.

Tornado sirens went off? Shit are you serious? I didn't hear them. All I know is God must have been PISSED. Did His 360 RROD or something? That storm was too crazy.

#2232 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:21 PM

I was at the Applebees by the Brickyard when the shit went down. Power kept going on and off in the place. The Popeyes next door as well as all the signs went completely off. On the way home there was a massive tree in the middle of the street that blocked off the whole road. We took a side street and there were trees down everywhere.

Tornado sirens went off? Shit are you serious? I didn't hear them. All I know is God must have been PISSED. Did His 360 RROD or something? That storm was too crazy.

Yeah, man. The lightning was flashing so frequently that it reminded me of some crazy discoteque with strobe lights. Probably some of the loudest thunder that I've ever heard.

I felt bad for the little rabbit that was caught out in it. He was huddled under a small tree in our gazebo area outside our front door.:cry: Probably shitting himself silly.

I guess quite a few residents in our community had roof and vehicle damage (from the clay roof tiles falling down). One guy took pictures and sent them to our association. His windshield was demolished.

#2233 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:43 PM

Ouch that sucks. On the way home I saw a massive tree on top of some sucker's car. Felt bad for the guy. My cat was going nuts last night. Running all over the house and following me wherever I went. He was scared shitless. I'm surprised my power didn't go off. In the past I had lost it over less storms. Kinda weird.

#2234 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:14 PM

Ouch that sucks. On the way home I saw a massive tree on top of some sucker's car. Felt bad for the guy. My cat was going nuts last night. Running all over the house and following me wherever I went. He was scared shitless. I'm surprised my power didn't go off. In the past I had lost it over less storms. Kinda weird.

I have to walk around back when I get home tonight to make sure our DirecTV dish is still where it's supposed to be...

#2235 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:17 PM

Where do you live again, Shieryda?

I only lost my 'net connection three times but nothing more serious than that, here in (W) Rogers Park. I was on my porch watching the storm last night, thinking holy crap this is a storm, and I'm surprised by the lack of visual evidence I saw of it today. One of my clanmates who I was online with last night is a weather buff and he told me he saw how massive the storm was as it was represented graphically online (can't think of a better way to phrase that).
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#2236 52club

52club

This ain't intramurals!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:33 PM

I just built my own PC, I've got games for ps2, xbox, ps3, 360, and wii I would be willing to trade for World in Conflict on the PC. If you are willing to trade it let me know what system(s) you are have and what games you want.
Space for Rent:lol:

#2237 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:24 AM

Hey my wife was picking up some food at taco bell by the applebees and when she drove away the power went out. I was worried about her (she was with her sister also) but she didnt want to eat anything at home.

#2238 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:45 AM

Hey my wife was picking up some food at taco bell by the applebees and when she drove away the power went out. I was worried about her (she was with her sister also) but she didnt want to eat anything at home.

Wow when the power went out it was windy/rainy to the extreme. Did she get home safe?

#2239 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:46 PM

Wow when the power went out it was windy/rainy to the extreme. Did she get home safe?

Yeah she got home safe but I was worried expecially since I was not able to get a cellphone connection through her phone.

#2240 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:56 PM

Where do you live again, Shieryda?

I only lost my 'net connection three times but nothing more serious than that, here in (W) Rogers Park. I was on my porch watching the storm last night, thinking holy crap this is a storm, and I'm surprised by the lack of visual evidence I saw of it today. One of my clanmates who I was online with last night is a weather buff and he told me he saw how massive the storm was as it was represented graphically online (can't think of a better way to phrase that).

Six Corners area. Our association is now in the process of filing insurance claims for damaged roofs and vehicles hit by falling debris. Should be interesting...

#2241 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:48 PM

I was at work when that storm hit. When I got off, I tried to get to my car but I couldn't see it. The rain was coming down that hard! First time that I can remember it raining like that.

#2242 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:01 PM

I was at work when that storm hit. When I got off, I tried to get to my car but I couldn't see it. The rain was coming down that hard! First time that I can remember it raining like that.

You didn't try to drive home in that shit, did you?!

#2243 typeRJ

typeRJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:00 PM

I did. I was downtown at my friend's condo when the sirens went off. My gf and her best friend had a makeup appointment for her friend's wedding. We were on the 33rd floor at her condo and had to go down. 7 min later it was ok.

We left for Schaumburg at 10:30 pm and got caught in the 2nd really bad storm around Fullerton and 90/94. People completely stopped and turned their hazards on. I finally got her home at 12:30 am. I drove home to my house on Austin between Belmont and Addison. There were broken fences, trees in the streets, downed stoplights, etc. There was no power from the exit at Nagle Ave all the way to my house. Maybe only 3 stoplights worked out of 8.

Things are getting better around my area, but I still don't have power. Again, I'm on Austin between Belmont and Addison. My basement flooded today because the sump pump isn't working...really sucks. And I live in the basement! At least my systems and electronics are ok. Water made it halfway across the room but didn't get to my TV stand...I woke up just in time.

I called and ComEd said 90% of people should get power back today at 6:00 pm. If it's a huge problem, then as late as Friday midnight. I hope I'm not so unlucky.

Edited by typeRJ, 06 August 2008 - 05:46 PM.

#2244 mzbagel

mzbagel

I'm disrespectful to dirt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:20 PM

Reading these stories I'm amazed at how little damage there was out my way in Elmhurst. We heard the sirens go off but they sounded distant. So I looked out the window and watched the lightning storm for a while. Eventually the rain slacked off a bit and I headed out the door to return some movies to the library. I pulled into their parking lot and noticed someone had pulled their SUV up onto the curb right in front of the doors and abandoned the vehicle. I thought that was kind of strange... I pulled up to their drive-up window but there was no one around and I had to wait five minutes until someone showed up. Around the same time people started streaming out of the library. So I asked the librarian what was going on and she told me they had been hiding the basement for the last 45 minutes. She proceeds to tell me that a funnel cloud had been sighted a few blocks away which is why they had to go down there. Crazy shit... and I was out driving in that weather and didn't notice a thing. Turns out the report was inaccurate, but still scared the crap out of people in our area. Chicago did seem to get the worst of the damage. My parents had their patio furniture blown all over the yard and a lot of flooding from the rain. I'm glad it missed us.
Recently Completed Trades:
NONE

In Progress Trades:
NONE

#2245 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:49 PM

From traffic.com:

CHICAGO ROAD HAZARDS
As a result of recent storms, the City Of Chicago is reporting 3,023 tree emergencies, 310 traffic signal outages, 113 light poles damaged, and 195 incidents of wires down.

#2246 SEGA128DC

SEGA128DC

EA Sports suck!!!...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:07 AM

Okay, who took all the copies of Eternal Sonata (360) from the CC's on Elston and North Avenue? There was only one copy left at the North Ave. CC, but there was a very deep slash on the back of the game case, that went all the way through to the case itself! I left it at the store, Circuit City employees are just animals!...

Anyway, I did see a copy of F.E.A.R. for the PS3, behind the glass, and there's also one Halo 3 Sling Bag on clearance for $17.02 at the CC on North Ave. I got one for myself a few days ago, it really looks nice in black with lots of compartments and thick padding. It's definitely worth $17...

Rise from your grave...

#2247 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 04:21 AM

I waited 5-10 minutes but it was already getting close to midnight and I had no idea how long the storm would last. I didn't want to get home really late so I braved it out. :)

#2248 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:55 PM

Okay, who took all the copies of Eternal Sonata (360) from the CC's on Elston and North Avenue? There was only one copy left at the North Ave. CC, but there was a very deep slash on the back of the game case, that went all the way through to the case itself! I left it at the store, Circuit City employees are just animals!...

Was it on clearance?

#2249 SEGA128DC

SEGA128DC

EA Sports suck!!!...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:50 PM

Yes, it's part of the Circuit City (August 2008) Clearance Sale...;)
Rise from your grave...

#2250 nikkai

nikkai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2008 - 05:36 PM

From traffic.com:

CHICAGO ROAD HAZARDS
As a result of recent storms, the City Of Chicago is reporting 3,023 tree emergencies, 310 traffic signal outages, 113 light poles damaged, and 195 incidents of wires down.

Funniest thing about the storm at our condo - we were in the basement resident garage chit chatting w/ the neighbors while waiting it out.

Then in comes a dude in a moped. Needless to say, he was FUBAR and glad to have made it.

Mopeds and motorcycles are just organ donors on wheels in my mind. At least wear a freaking helmet. Chicago law amazes me sometimes.