Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Sweet Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champions!

• Please log in to reply
5331 replies to this topic

#2761 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:06 AM

Just came back from the Berwyn CC. Not much games at all. They had a couple PSP games. I think I saw a couple DS games. But most were PS3 games. None interested me.

#2762 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:25 AM

Really never heard of them.

C'mon son, order up a slice. It'll blow yo mind :hot:

#2763 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:29 AM

Cool, they're not too far from me. I will report back; I'm always trying to cultivate my inner foodie. Speaking of restaurant business being down, my favorite cheap Middle Eastern place that delivers (Sahara Kabob 6649 N. Clark 773 262-2000 - Assyrian Briany FTW!) was in TimeOut Chicago's "Save this Restaurant" column a few months ago. :cry: They give you a ton of food for a moderate price, it tastes homemade, and sometimes they throw in free stuff they're testing for their menu (like spanikopita).

With Half-Price Books, the way they buy is that they give you an offer on the whole of what you bring in. They don't tell you what each item is worth to them. Sucks, but I'm sure it's because it wouldn't be cost-efficient for them to do otherwise. I recently sold two shopping bags full of old textbooks and paperbacks, a bag of old VG mags and a crate of old Architectural Digest mags I found by the trash and only netted $17.50.

HPB does sell game guides and games but selection is hit or miss. No penny guides; usually exactly half off the printed price. Most of the games are in a locked cabinet with low visibility and I hate bugging staff to open if I'm not gonna buy something.

tl;dr whee!
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#2764 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:42 AM

Are any of you guys voting on March 3?

#2765 jonathanp

jonathanp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:48 AM

Are any of you guys voting on March 3?

Voting?

#2766 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:58 AM

Voting?

It's a special election for Emaunuel's (sp??) seat.

#2767 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:10 AM

I'm in the 9th, so I can't. Although this is Chicago...
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#2768 CAG 79

CAG 79

9 Year CAG Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:19 PM

Anyone interested in a mint Hori DOA4 Arcade Stick? Check my tradelist for more details.

#2769 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:19 AM

Anyone interested in a mint Hori DOA4 Arcade Stick? Check my tradelist for more details.

I'd love to take that off your hands but the only thing I have that you want are the blu ray movies. And I'd like to hold on to them.

#2770 chi.bri

chi.bri

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2009 - 02:48 PM

Went to T-mobile (corporate store) the other day to upgrade my phone and was able to pick up a Linksys WRT54G-TM router for 20 bucks.
After messing with it for a few days, the software seems a little shitty. So it might make for a good DD-WRT candidate.

#2771 chi.bri

chi.bri

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2009 - 04:58 PM

Can't you do alsorts with this router? like change the firmware to a completely modded one?

Thanks.

Yes you can. Linksys are really popular for hackin. I'm going to load DD-WRT on it and try to get it to work with my network this weekend.

#2772 chi.bri

chi.bri

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:54 PM

Walk over to the CC on Elston and Fullerton today (listening to Black Sabbath most of my walk), didn't see any MS, Sony, or Nintendo games what so ever. The place was picked clean for the most part. Only item I saw of interest was the Sony book reader, still too expensive though. Even the open box TV's were way to expensive. Sign at the door said there were 8 days left.

If anyone does visit a CC with some quality cellphone stuff please post. I recently got a couple new BlackBerry's and I'm lookin for some Bluetooth head sets, MicroSD cards and accessories. Thanx.

#2773 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:17 AM

Niles, IL Costco (and some other Costco stores now, it seems) now sell 12+1 month XBL cards. $39.99.

#2774 D_Icon

D_Icon

'D'_ott_Elitist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:01 PM

So which BestBuys in Chicago are having the 50% anime sale?

http://www.cheapassg...598#post5572598

#2775 crewj

crewj

from peru to cebu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:38 PM

Walk over to the CC on Elston and Fullerton today (listening to Black Sabbath most of my walk), didn't see any MS, Sony, or Nintendo games what so ever. The place was picked clean for the most part. Only item I saw of interest was the Sony book reader, still too expensive though. Even the open box TV's were way to expensive. Sign at the door said there were 8 days left.

If anyone does visit a CC with some quality cellphone stuff please post. I recently got a couple new BlackBerry's and I'm lookin for some Bluetooth head sets, MicroSD cards and accessories. Thanx.

thanks! saved me a trip out to there on monday...

#2776 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Basement Jaxx!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2009 - 04:03 PM

So which BestBuys in Chicago are having the 50% anime sale?

http://www.cheapassg...598#post5572598

Did you see the updated list?

#2777 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:46 PM

If anyone is still interested the Norridge best buy has a bunch of wii's and wii fits in stock.

#2778 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:33 AM

If anyone is still interested the Norridge best buy has a bunch of wii's and wii fits in stock.

I don't even know why I still have my Wii. No offense to all the local Wii fanboys. Even the Wiifit I bought that I thought might get SOME use from me is collecting dust. Maybe I should stop being a lazy f*&@er and use it, huh? hahaha. Thanks. I have noticed some Targets are getting Wiifits more often than usual.

#2779 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:21 PM

Throw it on Craigslist and make some money.

#2780 luffy21

luffy21

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:52 PM

Any other CC in the city that still have any games left??? Last week the one at HIP is pretty much clear out. Any other CC that still have a decent selection of stuff??

#2781 D_Icon

D_Icon

'D'_ott_Elitist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2009 - 01:24 AM

The BestBuy on Touy was loaded with anime, and it's 50% off.

I got my missing DBZ: Season sets, and YuYU Hakusho Season 1,2, and 3 for $12.50 each they didn't have 4. Those are the only two shows that I know, but the shelves were loaded.

#2782 KevinMassacre

KevinMassacre

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:10 AM

The target on elston has a ton of clearance games out today:

Xbox 360
-------------
Brothers in arms: hells highway : $13.98
Tomb raider underworld : $13.98

PS3
-----
Rock Revolution : 13.98
Fracture : $9.98
Bolt - $13.98

And they had about 50 copies of "Stepbrothers" on UMD for PSP for $4.98, and a bunch of DS games for around 10 bucks each. There were also a handful of PS2 games too, i dont remember which ones.

I just got home from there, so all of these titles should be there for the next day or so before they start getting thinned out.
Posted Image

#2783 chi.bri

chi.bri

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:31 PM

Anyone know where I can get a free shipping code for Buy.com?

#2784 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:40 PM

Xbox 360
-------------

PS3
-----
Bolt - $13.98

And they had about 50 copies of "Stepbrothers" on UMD for PSP for $4.98, and a bunch of DS games for around 10 bucks each. There were also a handful of PS2 games too, i dont remember which ones.

I just got home from there, so all of these titles should be there for the next day or so before they start getting thinned out.

I went there yesterday, too. Right when I got to the clearance section, I saw a guy with a handful of clearance games, and what looked like the last copies they had of The Last Remnant. The only game I was going to that particular Target to check out. Argh. If that was you, thanks alot buddy.

#2785 crewj

crewj

from peru to cebu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:08 PM

Xbox 360
-------------

PS3
-----
Bolt - $13.98

Bolt for ps3 is $20.98

#2786 Johnny Postman

Johnny Postman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:25 PM

I went there yesterday, too. Right when I got to the clearance section, I saw a guy with a handful of clearance games, and what looked like the last copies they had of The Last Remnant. The only game I was going to that particular Target to check out. Argh. If that was you, thanks alot buddy.

I'm not your buddy, guy.

Seriously though, that must have been me - On vacation this week and hit a few Targets yesterday hoping to find anything that had gotten to 75% off. I did have a stack of games but wasn't being a total douche - most was stuff I was taking to the price scanner since it seemed strange just a couple games dropped (Tomb Raider and LR) while the rest of the 360 games stayed at 50%.

Anyway, I do remember someone else checking the clearance shelves at the same time and am sorry to have shut you out. If I knew that you were a fellow CAG or were just looking to get Last Remnant, I would have handed one over. I did get 3 (1 for me, 1 for trading and 1 to flip at BB) so if you still need one, I'm happy to sell it at cost. PM me and we can set up a meet or I can just ship it to you.
Posted Image

#2787 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:45 PM

Brothers In Arms is a great game, especially for that price.

#2788 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:22 PM

I'm not your buddy, guy.

Seriously though, that must have been me - On vacation this week and hit a few Targets yesterday hoping to find anything that had gotten to 75% off. I did have a stack of games but wasn't being a total douche - most was stuff I was taking to the price scanner since it seemed strange just a couple games dropped (Tomb Raider and LR) while the rest of the 360 games stayed at 50%.

Anyway, I do remember someone else checking the clearance shelves at the same time and am sorry to have shut you out. If I knew that you were a fellow CAG or were just looking to get Last Remnant, I would have handed one over. I did get 3 (1 for me, 1 for trading and 1 to flip at BB) so if you still need one, I'm happy to sell it at cost. PM me and we can set up a meet or I can just ship it to you.

Hahaha...nice to "meet" you. I did manage to finally find a $14.98 copy of Last Remnant at another Target (2 left there, too). And I found a Rock Band 1 set for $34.98 for my girl's family, which didn't have the game in it! ARGH.

Also, I went looking for some 50% off anime. The Best Buys I went to had no Afro Samurai on Blu Ray. And I've been out of the anime loop for a while, so I have no idea what's good. Just went looking for what interested me and impulse bought. Picked up Final Fantasy Unlimited and Samurai 7 sets. These any good?

One last thing, the best Buy on Touhy had some some clearance games for 60% off. I picked up Hail to the Chimp for only $8. Belmont and Kimball store had what seemed to be a better "sale." If I read correctly, ANY game that had the $19.99 or lower sticker on it (price inside the BB logo type ) can be bought for an additional 50% off. (Superman, Darkness was $9.99; Conan, Dead or Alive Xtreme beach whatever $7.49, after markdown, all for Xbox 360.) They also had DS, PS2, and PS3 games, but didn't see exactly what titles they had.

#2789 saturnotaku

saturnotaku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:25 AM

The BestBuy on Touy was loaded with anime, and it's 50% off.

Sweet, that's right down the street from my office.

#2790 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:43 PM

Picked up Final Fantasy Unlimited and Samurai 7 sets. These any good?

It seems like a lot of people dislike the final fantasy anime series. I have not seen it, so I do not have an opinion of it.