Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Sweet Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champions!

• Please log in to reply
5326 replies to this topic

#2791 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:23 PM

Does anyone know if IL charges tax for PSN store purchases?

#2792 rick3000gto

rick3000gto

NVG's FTW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:00 AM

Does anyone know if IL charges tax for PSN store purchases?

they charged me

#2793 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:06 AM

they charged me

So if I get a 20 dollar card that won't be enough for 2 games??

#2794 jonathanp

jonathanp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:45 AM

I'm not your buddy, guy.

Seriously though, that must have been me - On vacation this week and hit a few Targets yesterday hoping to find anything that had gotten to 75% off. I did have a stack of games but wasn't being a total douche - most was stuff I was taking to the price scanner since it seemed strange just a couple games dropped (Tomb Raider and LR) while the rest of the 360 games stayed at 50%.

Anyway, I do remember someone else checking the clearance shelves at the same time and am sorry to have shut you out. If I knew that you were a fellow CAG or were just looking to get Last Remnant, I would have handed one over. I did get 3 (1 for me, 1 for trading and 1 to flip at BB) so if you still need one, I'm happy to sell it at cost. PM me and we can set up a meet or I can just ship it to you.

I wasn't aware Blockbuster accepted trade ins?

#2795 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 02:18 PM

We need another meet-up!

#2796 rick3000gto

rick3000gto

NVG's FTW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 02:50 PM

So if I get a 20 dollar card that won't be enough for 2 games??

if its $9.99 games no.

#2797 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:43 PM

if its $9.99 games no.

Damn WTF? I gotta buy 2 cards then? What does the total come out to if you buy two $9.99 games?

#2798 52club

52club

This ain't intramurals!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:25 PM

If anyone is interested I have a used copy of Fable II that is in mint condition (instructions, case, etc) that I only played a few times. I'm looking for $35 or I would be willing to trade for SF IV. If I don't hear from anyone I'm just going to put it on eBay.
Space for Rent:lol:

#2799 rick3000gto

rick3000gto

NVG's FTW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2009 - 03:20 PM

We need another meet-up!

+1

#2800 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2009 - 03:49 PM

We need another meet-up!

Yes. I keep missing these things. Darn work gets in the way!

#2801 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:03 PM

Do you guys want to try Gameworks in Schaumburg this time around? I personally have never been there, but have always wanted to go.

Which day works best for everyone?

Any other suggestions? I know that bars don't work for everyone. Dave & Buster's is downtown, too.

#2802 Johnny Postman

Johnny Postman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2009 - 01:48 AM

Almost the end for CC - looks like Sunday is the last day for all the local stores.

No games at all at Elston, HiP or Berwyn. Did manage to find John from Cincinnati HBO series for $7 at HiP along with a cool CC sign for $1 I picked up for nostalgia reasons (the great $5 CC sale of '04 was my initiation to CAG.)

Unfortunately, the thing wouldn't fit in my car (doh!) so I ended up giving it to a couple of guys who had bought some store shelving and had a van.
Posted Image

#2803 jonathanp

jonathanp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2009 - 03:28 PM

Almost the end for CC - looks like Sunday is the last day for all the local stores.

No games at all at Elston, HiP or Berwyn. Did manage to find John from Cincinnati HBO series for $7 at HiP along with a cool CC sign for $1 I picked up for nostalgia reasons (the great $5 CC sale of '04 was my initiation to CAG.)

Unfortunately, the thing wouldn't fit in my car (doh!) so I ended up giving it to a couple of guys who had bought some store shelving and had a van.

Wow... let's see if I can get some guides and an some external drives for cheap.

#2804 Jayempty

Jayempty

Posted 07 March 2009 - 04:56 PM

put me down on the Chicago list. I live up on the Northside, Rogers Park, Little India, Pakistani Alley, Devon and Western.

And i'm way too broke to go for drinks this month but perhaps next month
-100b

#2805 Johnny Postman

Johnny Postman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:15 PM

I wasn't aware Blockbuster accepted trade ins?

They do and often give way more than gamestop in credit, more so on newer release games. Great place to get new, mainstream games and gift cards. It's been a couple months since I traded there though - did they get out of the used games biz recently?
Posted Image

#2806 jonathanp

jonathanp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 03:05 AM

They do and often give way more than gamestop in credit, more so on newer release games. Great place to get new, mainstream games and gift cards. It's been a couple months since I traded there though - did they get out of the used games biz recently?

No clue, I haven't seen any signage at my local BBV that says we accept trade ins, but I haven't asked either.

#2807 Amerijapoxicano

Amerijapoxicano

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2009 - 12:08 AM

put me down on the Chicago list. I live up on the Northside, Rogers Park, Little India, Pakistani Alley, Devon and Western.

And i'm way too broke to go for drinks this month but perhaps next month
-100b

+1 for the meet-up. I went last time and enjoyed myself. How many people did we have last time? It was about 10 of us or so, right? Too bad we can't have it at someone's place. I was going to make fun of everyone for living in mommy and daddy's basement, but that's basically what I'm doing for now until I can find a decent full-time job. :cry:

I can make it out to Schaumburg if we go to gameworks, but I think that might be hard to manage for a lot of guys. Dave and Buster's I hear is kind of expensive. If it is, it might also be a problem. Me? I'm an alcoholic, so a bar is ideal for me. I went with my cousin to a bar last week that had a NES and PS2 hooked up to two TVs and wireless controllers...and PBR is $1 everyday. Not a bad place.

Any other ideas?

#2808 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2009 - 12:18 AM

I'm in for another meet up.

#2809 KevinMassacre

KevinMassacre

Posted 11 March 2009 - 04:05 AM

im down for a meetup. Im in west lakeview (ashland & diversey). I have sundays, mondays, & wednesday off of work.
Posted Image

#2810 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2009 - 12:52 PM

[quote=Amerijapoxicano;5613367 I went with my cousin to a bar last week that had a NES and PS2 hooked up to two TVs and wireless controllers...and PBR is $1 everyday. Not a bad place. [/quote]

We're going to said bar.:lol:

#2811 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:41 AM

We're going to said bar.:lol:

Don't drink beer, so what's the price of vodka and jager at said bar?

#2812 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 04:09 PM

I have the following for sale:

:360:20gb hard drive (used, great condition) - $20
:360:data transfer kit (for 120 gb hard drive, used once) - $30
Western Digital 120gb external hard drive (WD Passport; brand new, sealed) - $50

Edited by shieryda, 13 March 2009 - 01:55 AM.

#2813 Amerijapoxicano

Amerijapoxicano

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 08:25 PM

My cousin's roommate brought beers in her purse and dumped them into a pitcher she bought. The guys next to us brought a flask and dumped that into their drinks.So, I guess it could be basically free if you are sneaky and cheap enough.

I bought shots of tequila for three of us. Those were like $7-8 each, I think, but it was decent stuff. My cousin bought 7 and 7's and I think they were like $6. Pretty standard prices. Nothing too crazy expensive.

My cousin has been going there for over a year and she says although it's still a bit of a dive bar, it has been getting more and more popular. The first time I went, I left because it was too crowded. I think people really like going there because of the $1 PBR. Hard to beat that.

Anyone up for some Killzone 2? I'm about to jump on. Message me: EL_Lobo

Feel free to add me to your friend list. Oh, and let's get this thing going. Are we shooting for April?

#2814 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 08:29 PM

My cousin's roommate brought beers in her purse and dumped them into a pitcher she bought. The guys next to us brought a flask and dumped that into their drinks.So, I guess it could be basically free if you are sneaky and cheap enough.

Oh, and let's get this thing going. Are we shooting for April?

Yes, next month sounds good if we can get the word out there early enough.

Vote: bar or arcade w/ games? If we do a bar, I'd rather do it on a Friday or Saturday night, so that we can have some cocktails. I get too sleepy with afternoon drinking.:D

Or, if someone wants to host at their house/apartment, we could cook out and get blitzed.

#2815 Amerijapoxicano

Amerijapoxicano

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 08:55 PM

I bought shots of tequila for three of us. Those were like $7-8 each, I think, but it was decent stuff. My cousin bought 7 and 7's and I think they were like $6. Pretty standard prices. Nothing too crazy expensive.

My cousin has been going there for over a year and she says although it's still a bit of a dive bar, it has been getting more and more popular. The first time I went, I left because it was too crowded. I think people really like going there because of the $1 PBR. Hard to beat that.

Anyone up for some Killzone 2? I'm about to jump on. Message me: EL_Lobo

Feel free to add me to your friend list. Oh, and let's get this thing going. Are we shooting for April?

#2816 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:39 PM

That's my neck of the woods as well. Get this: I pick up a random issue of Maxim, probably the first one I've read since I was in college (maybe '97) and they name Khan BBQ right there at D&W the best Middle Eastern Grill in the country. I've et there once and it was tasty, but best?

So, yeah, food.

Games!
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#2817 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:56 PM

That's my neck of the woods as well. Get this: I pick up a random issue of Maxim, probably the first one I've read since I was in college (maybe '97) and they name Khan BBQ right there at D&W the best Middle Eastern Grill in the country. I've et there once and it was tasty, but best?

So, yeah, food.

Games!

Khan B.B.Q. is pretty well regarded in foodie circles here in Chicago, named by the Reader as the best restaurant in the city last year:

http://www.chicagore...staurants/best/

And that's for good reason as an order of chicken boti, broast chicken (maybe a half if a whole is too expensive), daal palak (for that spicy veggie dip), and a piece of naan or two will greatly satisfy a party of 2-4. (The green chutney makes for a decent general topping as well.) I'm glad I live not too far from Khan's myself, but you better be ready for the heat of South Asian food before going. It's certainly my favorite place on Devon.

#2818 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:59 PM

Yeah I can't wait for the next meet up. The last one was a lot of fun.

#2819 rick3000gto

rick3000gto

NVG's FTW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:13 AM

Wat r u 360 guys playing out there. I just picked up a 360 and wanna get some good games.

#2820 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2009 - 01:38 AM

Wat r u 360 guys playing out there. I just picked up a 360 and wanna get some good games.

What's do you fancy? I'm playing Saints Row 2, and have Bioshock on deck. I also am playing Call of Duty: World at War, and just finished Fable II. Dead Space is a can't miss, as I have been told (on hold through Goozex).

There are a shit-ton of awesome Live Arcade games, too.