The Windy City!

• Please log in to reply
5348 replies to this topic

#3721 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:20 PM

No worries. I just wanted to ask you which date is better for you.

I think we should plan on Sept. 11. I can't get through on the arcade's phone number to check hours, though.

#3722 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:24 PM

Either Saturday is good for me.

#3723 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:28 PM

Nice. Let's plan on 9/11, then. Around noon?

#3724 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:12 PM

I want to be there once they open that way I can get my moneys worth. 

#3725 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:54 PM

I want to be there once they open that way I can get my moneys worth. 

Same. Does anyone know what the hours are? There are some quick tour videos up on YouTube about this place:

http://www.google.co...ved=0CCcQqwQwBA

Another site has rated the conditions of the games there:

http://www.aurcade.c...iew.aspx?id=638

Edited by shieryda, 18 August 2010 - 04:04 PM.

#3726 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:44 PM

And if we have a head count I can try to work out a group discount with the arcade.

I spoke to Doc today, inquiring about hours (they will probably open around noon and close around 2AM) and he said to call back today around 3PM. I hope I didn't overstep, but I mentioned that we might have up to 10.

They have 2 gaming rooms that rent by the hour, with 4 x 42" flat screens, and they provide the console of your choice (plus, they take special game requests if they don't already have them:hot:).

They do have a snack bar (popcorn, pizza, etc.), but there are a few places to eat around there, too.

#3727 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:21 PM

If it goes well we should have an semi annual Chicago cag meetup there.

#3728 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:29 PM

So do we have 7 confirmed, so far? If we can get more people, that would be awesome.

ryosnk
shieryda
chi.bri
blackout
weaponx2099
slowdive
habbler
dpac (?)

I'll pm the CAGcast crew by the end of the week to announce it on the next CAGcast.

#3729 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:47 PM

So do we have 7 confirmed, so far? If we can get more people, that would be awesome.

ryosnk
shieryda
chi.bri
blackout
weaponx2099
slowdive
habbler
dpac (?)

I'll pm the CAGcast crew by the end of the week to announce it on the next CAGcast.

It's a bit of a trip from the far north side of the city, but count me in. Guess I should eat something before arriving?

#3730 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:15 PM

We should have a meet-up this Sunday, too:

http://www.gotopless...s.php?item.33.1:lol:

#3731 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Basement Jaxx!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:50 PM

I am so going to try to get there sunday. Damn. But watch it be cover with 60 year olds.

#3732 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:33 AM

Wow I just saw a video tour of it and I am impressed. The private gaming rooms are sweet. Right now I'm a maybe, I have to see how Sept. 11th will work out for me. If I do come though, I really want to do a playthrough of the Simpsons game with some of you guys. It's been too long since I've used Bart's skateboard or Marge's vacum.

I need a new signature.

#3733 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:27 PM

Wow I just saw a video tour of it and I am impressed. The private gaming rooms are sweet. Right now I'm a maybe, I have to see how Sept. 11th will work out for me. If I do come though, I really want to do a playthrough of the Simpsons game with some of you guys. It's been too long since I've used Bart's skateboard or Marge's vacum.

I got Homer! I'll be looking for some help in Heavy Barrel.

#3734 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:54 PM

Did any of you guys do the TRU coupon thing? It sounds pretty crazy.

#3735 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:12 PM

Did any of you guys do the TRU coupon thing? It sounds pretty crazy.

Yes. I got about 25 games (6 of them were free). My 360 library is growing, but I dont have a 360 yet!

#3736 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:17 PM

Yes. I got about 25 games (6 of them were free). My 360 library is growing, but I dont have a 360 yet!

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you drop for all those?

I just saw the thread today. I would have gotten in on some cheap games if I knew about it when it started.

#3737 Fayt13

Fayt13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:30 PM

I am totally creaming my shorts over that game list at Galloping Ghost. I wish I were in town this weekend to check it out.

Pretty much every fighting game you could possibly imagine. I never thought I'd see a SSFIV machine in person.

Too bad no DDR...
[URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5602267&postcount=267"][/URL]

#3738 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:32 PM

Around $65 with tax, I think.

11.98 Too Human (Will prorably return this one. I thought it was cheaper on clearance)

4.99 each
Gears of War PH
Assassin's Creed PH

3.29 each:
Red Faction
Tomb Raider Underworld
Saboteur

$1.89 each:

Brutal Legend
Overlord 2
Red alert 3
Godfather 2
Golden Axe
Last Remnant
TC Endwar
Rock band metal
SW clone wars
Brave a Warrior's tale

Ben 10 1.19
Moto GP 1.19
Naruto rise of ninja .49
Viva pinata, shrek, sonic 3 pack .49
Sega Rally Revolution .49

FREE
Alone in the dark
Quebed
Conan
Condemned 2 Bloodshot
Bionic Commando
You're in the movies

#3739 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:23 AM

Not bad. You got some good games there.

#3740 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:03 PM

Wow just heard this mentioned in a TRU thread, and I've been meaning to check this place out anyway. This gives me a great reason to go. Unless something important comes up I'm unaware of, count me in.

#3741 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:55 PM

Nice. Perhaps the OP could change the title of the thread to include the date for the meet-up? Thanks!

Oh, and I'll be bringing a couple extra DJ Hero bundles (clearance at TRU today and tomorrow), if you dudes aren't able to get one for yourselves.

#3742 SEGA128DC

SEGA128DC

EA Sports suck!!!...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:05 PM

Around $65 with tax, I think.

11.98 Too Human (Will probably return this one. I thought it was cheaper on clearance)

4.99 each
Gears of War PH
Assassin's Creed PH

3.29 each:
Red Faction
Tomb Raider Underworld
Saboteur

$1.89 each:

Brutal Legend
Overlord 2
Red alert 3
Godfather 2
Golden Axe
Last Remnant
TC Endwar
Rock band metal
SW clone wars
Brave a Warrior's tale

Ben 10 1.19
Moto GP 1.19
Naruto rise of ninja .49
Viva pinata, shrek, sonic 3 pack .49
Sega Rally Revolution .49

FREE
Alone in the dark
Quebed
Conan
Condemned 2 Bloodshot
Bionic Commando
You're in the movies

Hmm, I was at TRU on Monday, but they didn't have the 'new' Halo: Reach cards for this week! I'm wondering how in the world did you get all those games so cheap?...:drool:
Rise from your grave...

#3743 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Basement Jaxx!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:49 PM

Hmm, I was at TRU on Monday, but they didn't have the 'new' Halo: Reach cards for this week! I'm wondering how in the world did you get all those games so cheap?...:drool:

For the 1st couple of days, the coupon took off $10 every 360 game including one under $10. Then on Friday, there was (or still is) a 30% off all clearance games and you could use the coupon (in some TRU stores). So there.

#3744 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:52 PM

They had 30% off all 360 games ending in "8 or 0". The first Halo card took $10 off each game. (This was the week 1 card).

Story from when I picked up the games:

The employee told me "You are lucky to beat the other guy to the store"

"What other guy?"

"There is a guy who comes here every week and he buys a ton of stuff. He told me he resells video games for a living"

"The Play n Trade guy?"

"No. He comes in here too (and he buys a lot), but the other guy told me he 'sells video games for his job'. He finds the deals on a game website."

"Did he say what site?...Was it slickdeals?"

"No it was cheap gamer or something like that".

#3745 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:40 PM

They had 30% off all 360 games ending in "8 or 0". The first Halo card took $10 off each game. (This was the week 1 card).

Story from when I picked up the games:

The employee told me "You are lucky to beat the other guy to the store"

"What other guy?"

"There is a guy who comes here every week and he buys a ton of stuff. He told me he resells video games for a living"

"The Play n Trade guy?"

"No. He comes in here too (and he buys a lot), but the other guy told me he 'sells video games for his job'. He finds the deals on a game website."

"Did he say what site?...Was it slickdeals?"

"No it was cheap gamer or something like that".

Should have told the worker that the "other guy" is a convicted sheep fucker, and to not sell games to him.:lol:

#3746 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:27 AM

Would any of you happen to have an extra official Super Nintendo controller, possibly from a yard sale or whatever? I can't seem to find one anywhere and I really need one. Anyone interested in selling me one at the meet up?

#3747 chi.bri

chi.bri

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:07 PM

Anyone been to the Tiger Direct store on Elston & Fullerton, its where the old Circuit City use to be? Any game stuff?

#3748 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:28 PM

Would any of you happen to have an extra official Super Nintendo controller, possibly from a yard sale or whatever? I can't seem to find one anywhere and I really need one. Anyone interested in selling me one at the meet up?

I know I have a couple of SNES, but I think I am actually short 1 official controller. I have a 3rd party controller, but I haven't tested it yet.

I will try to go through my systems this weekend. :)

My guides have been getting the majority of my attention, since I finally have them all in one place! If you guys have any you are looking for I can check my shelves!

#3749 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:47 PM

My guides have been getting the majority of my attention, since I finally have them all in one place! If you guys have any you are looking for I can check my shelves!

I'm not big into collecting guides, but I believe I have that Manhunt one you were looking for. Any chance you'd be able to post what you're willing to put up for trade? In related news, I wish I coulda found Rock Band 2 or LEGO Rock Band during the 360 coupon sale last week@TRU. :-( No Week 2 Halo card from the Western Ave. TRU on Monday, either (though I already own all the relevant games).

#3750 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:47 PM

Looking for these guides if anyone has them and can bring to the meet-up:

Assassin's Creed 2 (reg. or LE)
Lego Indy 2
Mass Effect 2 (reg. or LE)
Persona 3
Yakuza