The Windy City!

• Please log in to reply
5349 replies to this topic

#3751 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:14 PM

I might be able to help you on Lego Indy 2. I have to double check through my guides.

#3752 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:39 PM

Anyone been to the Tiger Direct store on Elston & Fullerton, its where the old Circuit City use to be? Any game stuff?

I've been there and it's pretty terrible. It's all PC components, TVs, and Blu-Ray/DVD players. On an endcap when I was about to give up looking, I saw some refurbished 360s, I'm not sure the prices exactly, but in the area of $121 arcade, $141 pro, $191 elite, and $274 MW2 bundle. That wasn't too bad but I don't trust refurbs on a time bomb. Then I saw 1 copy of Tony Hawk Ride for $74.99....ouch! Just when I thought that's all the store had, on my way out I saw an endcap with black Wii's. These were new, and it was the steal of the store(as in, stealing from the consumers). Price was $233 each. Yeah, I just kept walking for the exit. I'd be surprised with a MicroCenter across the street selling about the same stuff for cheaper that this store lasts very long. Oh yeah, and there was a greeter in the front who informed me that their whole system was down and I had to pay cash for anything I wanted. I don't see myself going back unless I plan on building a PC from scratch and I wanna price an item against MC/newegg.

#3753 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:49 PM

Updated thread.

#3754 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:52 PM

Updated thread.

Very nice:applause:

I need a new signature.

#3755 Josh5890

Josh5890

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:36 PM

At the Best Buy in Timley Park, IL there were two Tekken 6 bundles with the fight stick on clearence for $39.99. I bought one so there may be one bundle left. It includes the game, fight stick, and an artbook.

I need a new signature.

#3756 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:22 PM

I'm not big into collecting guides, but I believe I have that Manhunt one you were looking for. Any chance you'd be able to post what you're willing to put up for trade?

As long as it is in good shape, I would like it! I am trying to put together a list of my guides ATM. If there are any you are looking for that come to mind LMK. Obviously I will trade something of comparable value. Here is my old guide list. I should still have everything on it.

Spoiler

Looking for these guides if anyone has them and can bring to the meet-up:

Assassin's Creed 2 (reg. or LE)
Lego Indy 2
Mass Effect 2 (reg. or LE)
Persona 3
Yakuza

I don't think I have any of those!

#3757 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:37 PM

As long as it is in good shape, I would like it! I am trying to put together a list of my guides ATM. If there are any you are looking for that come to mind LMK. Obviously I will trade something of comparable value. Here is my old guide list. I should still have everything on it.

My Manhunt guide appears to be in pristine condition (wonder if I ever cracked it open); it's just been standing up for a few years in my book shelf. Burnout Paradise might be a good guide to get for me if we were to trade. So are these some books we should bring to the meet-up?

#3758 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Basement Jaxx!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:40 PM

At the Best Buy in Timley Park, IL there were two Tekken 6 bundles with the fight stick on clearence for $39.99. I bought one so there may be one bundle left. It includes the game, fight stick, and an artbook.

360 or PS3?

#3759 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:33 PM

My Manhunt guide appears to be in pristine condition (wonder if I ever cracked it open); it's just been standing up for a few years in my book shelf. Burnout Paradise might be a good guide to get for me if we were to trade. So are these some books we should bring to the meet-up?

I don't know guys, does this sound like a fair trade? :)

I will check my shelf when I get home...I am pretty sure I still have a couple of that guide.

On a side note, I think all trades should have to be approved by a 3rd person on CAG. Just an idea (since there really is no recourse if there is a problem).

#3760 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:58 PM

I'll bring these guides, if anyone needs them:

Spoiler

#3761 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:58 PM

I don't know guys, does this sound like a fair trade? :)

I will check my shelf when I get home...I am pretty sure I still have a couple of that guide.

On a side note, I think all trades should have to be approved by a 3rd person on CAG. Just an idea (since there really is no recourse if there is a problem).

I guess the only way to check quality is to either meticulously document each book in photos... or simply to inspect them in person. If you would rather not make this trade, feel free to let me know (so I have less to carry with me there). I won't be offended if you think this isn't a fair exchange.

#3762 Josh5890

Josh5890

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:27 PM

360 or ps3?

ps3

I need a new signature.

#3763 nddave

nddave

Posted 29 August 2010 - 12:02 AM

Hi guys
I live in southwest Michigan about a little over 1 hour to get to most of Chicago. I would love to met you guys on the 11 but that day happens to be the NOTRE DAME vs. michigan game. I really look forward to putting some faces to the names and plan on being at the next one. Have a fun time that day as i know i will.
CAG4LIFE

#3764 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:25 AM

So do we have 7 confirmed, so far? If we can get more people, that would be awesome.

ryosnk
shieryda
chi.bri
blackout
weaponx2099
slowdive
habbler
dpac

Is this still the head count? My friend will be coming with me so we have 9.

Think we can get to 10? :)

shieryda, do you want to handle contacting the arcade for a group rate or would you like me to do it? I am fine either way.

dpac, I do have a burnout paradise guide. It is not in perfect shape though. It hasn't been used and the map is intact. I would rate it a 7 out of 10 conservatively. It is all shelf wear from BB. If you want it I am happy to trade, if you don't that's fine too.

#3765 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:31 AM

dpac, I do have a burnout paradise guide. It is not in perfect shape though. It hasn't been used and the map is intact. I would rate it a 7 out of 10 conservatively. It is all shelf wear from BB. If you want it I am happy to trade, if you don't that's fine too.

Oh, I thought you were saying that a Manhunt guide wasn't a fair trade -- as in it wasn't good enough to trade -- for a Burnout Paradise one. If your concern is related to mint or very good conditioning, as long as I don't feel uncomfortable using it, I'd be okay with trading for the Burnout book (since I really have no use for a Manhunt one). If you feel I might have real reservations upon seeing it in person, just snap a photo of the most offending defect(s) and send me a link to smooth out the proverbial (if not literal) edges. Thanks for getting back to me about this.

#3766 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 01 September 2010 - 04:44 AM

Is this still the head count? My friend will be coming with me so we have 9.

Think we can get to 10? :)

Right now I should be able to make it. I'm looking forward to meeting some faces from this site. If my brother isn't working, I'll probably bring him along as well. I think he signed up for the site a year or two back and just stopped checking it because I usually tell him all the good stuff I see on here ahead of time anyway.

#3767 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2010 - 05:05 AM

How much green do we need to bring to the arcade? Has that been decided yet?

#3768 bigsick

bigsick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2010 - 07:52 AM

I would come but 12 pm is a bit early for me. How long is everyone staying at the arcade? Wouldnt be able to come until sometime in the evening.
Posted Image

#3769 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:26 PM

How much green do we need to bring to the arcade? Has that been decided yet?

I'll prolly bring about $30 (enough to cover admission and food). But we may be making a side-trip to K-Mart, BB and/or TRU if you want to pick up anything from those stores.

We'll prolly hit Portillo's before we go to the arcade, too.:D

#3770 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2010 - 02:06 PM

I'll meet you guys around 2pm because my bro wants to cone but he gets out of work at 1pm. If anything we should go out to eat after the arcade.

#3771 grap3fruitman

grap3fruitman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:32 PM

Uh, what's the address to this place?

#3772 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:44 PM

Everything you need to know is here:

http://www.gallopingghostarcade.com/

#3773 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Basement Jaxx!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:39 AM

Are we getting a gaming room or just hanging out with regular games?

#3774 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:57 PM

I'm personally more interested in just playing the arcade cabinets. If there is enough interest, I suppose we could reserve one for a couple hours (but we'd need a definite head count for that).

#3775 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:22 PM

Did this get pimped on the CAGcast?

#3776 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:40 PM

Yeah, they announced it.

#3777 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Basement Jaxx!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2010 - 04:25 AM

I may have a friend roll with me.

#3778 Juiceboxharry

Juiceboxharry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2010 - 05:14 AM

dude, i've lived here 24 years of my life and i never knew this place existed, but it looks rad. thanks for the post. i'll have to check this place out!

#3779 Shahjan

Shahjan

Posted 04 September 2010 - 06:42 AM

Wow this is really cool. Ive lived in Cook County my whole life and I currently reside in Hillside, IL. I never even knew about his place. Would anyone care to refresh me on the more intricate details of the meetup, cause there's been alot of posts.

#3780 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2010 - 02:07 PM

Sept. 11 @ noon.

Galloping Ghost Arcade
9415 Ogden
Brookfield, IL 60513

Perhaps the details should be added to the OP? Thanks.