The Windy City!

• Please log in to reply
5349 replies to this topic

#361 rocksolidaudio

rocksolidaudio

Who rocks the party

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2005 - 07:22 AM

so, i stopped by three more gamecrazys today, and was quite surprised at the amount of stuff still hanging around. i picked up:

SNES:

Legend of Zelda
Secret of Evermore
Kirby Super Star
Romance of the Three Kingdoms II
Final Fantasy II

PS1:

Dragon Warrior VII (disc only)
Final Fantasy 8 (non-gh, complete)
Legend of Mana (disc only)
Buster Bros. Collection (disc only)

N64:

The New Tetris
Paper Mario x2

Sure, nothing compared to the first day, but still a solid haul. The one on Harlem is pretty cleared out (of the good stuff at least), but the ones on North and Central still have quite a bit. I don't feel like listing specifics of what's left over, but if you ask me about a game I can probably tell you whether they had it or not.

#362 Guest_Apossum_*

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 08 May 2005 - 09:20 PM

If anyone here's looking for Fatal Frame 1 on the Xbox, Reckless Records on Broadway has a nice complete copy for $16.99! It usually goes for 25 and up.

#363 akilshohen

akilshohen

Posted 09 May 2005 - 03:19 AM

I'd be interested too, but the only bakers square I know of is by winsotn plaza

#364 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:11 PM

I just got starcraft 64, killer instinct 64, and fatal fury mark of wolves on the gamecrazy rooselvelt store. Also theirs a bakers square by Harlem and Addison.

#365 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2005 - 08:41 PM

Chicagoans where you all at?

#366 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2005 - 11:01 PM

Chicagoans where you all at?

If you're asking why we aren't posting, perhaps more proactive measures need to be taken to get more Chicago CAGs in here (and subscribed to this thread). If you're asking why we aren't getting together more, I suppose a concrete place and time for eating, trading, or playing would help things along (even if everyone can't make it). Anything happen with that Baker's-Square thing?

#367 nachzeher

nachzeher

Shadow Hearts Fanboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2005 - 03:48 AM

I need a favor from a Chicago-based CAG to pick up a game at a local gamestop. I always enter an IL zip code because my cousin's there, but this store is too far from him.

If anyone's feeling generous and wants to help, please PM me. Thank you.

#368 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2005 - 04:17 AM

If anyone's feeling generous and wants to help, please PM me. Thank you.

PM sent.

#369 heffaji

heffaji

knows the score

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2005 - 04:43 AM

A question for everyone. I've been searching through a few nearby Gamecrazy stores for The New Tetris on 64. Has anyone seen copies left anywhere and if so, where?

#370 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2005 - 04:49 AM

A question for everyone. I've been searching through a few nearby Gamecrazy stores for The New Tetris on 64. Has anyone seen copies left anywhere and if so, where?

I want to say the GC in Niles (after looking through the lists of available games there), but I can't say for certain. Your best bet is to call, regardless of location. Helpful employees may possibly be able to check the system to see which stores got the game in stock, but my memory may be muddled by calling too many Best Buys and Circuit Citys in the past. Good luck.

#371 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2005 - 01:45 PM

If you're asking why we aren't posting, perhaps more proactive measures need to be taken to get more Chicago CAGs in here (and subscribed to this thread). If you're asking why we aren't getting together more, I suppose a concrete place and time for eating, trading, or playing would help things along (even if everyone can't make it). Anything happen with that Baker's-Square thing?

Ok, here is the meeting info:

Bakers Square on Harlem and Addison
June 10, 2005
At 7:30.

Just post that your interested in going and we can just talk and trade on the eating.

#372 bobo2k4

bobo2k4

OooSplendiforous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2005 - 03:37 PM

Wasup fellos. I got a ps2 i wanna sell. Everything works great.
Comes with 1 sony control, 1 mad catz control, 1 hip screen control, 1 memory card, and network adaptor.

I also got a used Disgaea and NBA live 05.

I told my friend to ebay it for me but lots of crap happened and ended up not selling it.

#373 heffaji

heffaji

knows the score

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2005 - 03:47 AM

I want to say the GC in Niles (after looking through the lists of available games there), but I can't say for certain. Your best bet is to call, regardless of location. Helpful employees may possibly be able to check the system to see which stores got the game in stock, but my memory may be muddled by calling too many Best Buys and Circuit Citys in the past. Good luck.

Thanks. I suppose it does make more sense to call. I'm always afraid that I'll get a lazy employee who will put the phone down and answer without even checking. Plus, there is always the thrill of the unknown search. Still, the remaining stores I haven't checked continue to be further and further away, so I guess it pays in gas to call ahead at this point.

#374 rocksolidaudio

rocksolidaudio

Who rocks the party

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2005 - 06:44 AM

June 10, 2005

Just post that your interested in going and we can just talk and trade on the eating.

i'll be there. ugh, soooooooo far though. i can't imagine that's easy to get to for most of the people going; still, i suppose we need a place, and it's easier to plan once we have one. so yeah, i'll be there. maybe we should PM everyone who's posted in this thread before and tell them about it?

#375 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2005 - 04:57 PM

Which Meijer store is the closet to the West side of Chicago?

#376 bdw418

bdw418

Limited Edition

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2005 - 05:09 PM

Fellas, in case any of you want RE4: SE, the Gamestop on Touhy as two left. Too bad I bought mine two days before the pricedrop! Anyone know if they do retroactive PMing?

#377 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2005 - 05:34 PM

Just take it back with the receipt, and threaten to "get medieval" on their asses if they don't give you sale price.

#378 chickenhawk

chickenhawk

Like sand in the scumbag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2005 - 06:47 PM

June 10, 2005

Thanks for contacting me and setting this up, but unfortunately I can't go. I watch my son on Friday nights. :(
"The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. It can't be done." - John Ruskin :roll:
Posted Image

#379 bdw418

bdw418

Limited Edition

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2005 - 07:00 PM

Just take it back with the receipt, and threaten to "get medieval" on their asses if they don't give you sale price.

Hell yeah, I guess I could give them the ol' Chicago Stare Down--with the back of my hand.

#380 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2005 - 09:01 PM

Which Meijer store is the closet to the West side of Chicago?

When I looked up locations online, the closest one to the north side was the one in Rolling Meadows. (I didn't end up going, but I told a friend about the Samurai Warriors sale.) If you want to check out some of the other locations in Algonquin, Aurora, Elgin, Bolingbrook, and so on, check out the Illinois portion of Meijer's store locator. Maybe you know the area better than I do, and figure out a closer location to the West Side:

http://www.meijer.co...&page=&state=IL

Oh, and it looks like I have to pick up some friends from the airport on the evening of the 10th (of June), so dinner at Baker's Square might be out for me. Depending on how the evening goes, I might be able to stop by for dessert, but I wouldn't count on it. Hope you guys have fun, though.

--Dan

#381 Radio Gra

Radio Gra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2005 - 01:19 PM

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I found a copy of Tales of Symphonia for $9 on Saturday. I already own the game, so I left it for someone else. It is in Downer's Grove, right near the Fry's, in Finley Plaza. Finley Plaza has a TRU, a Best Buy, and a litle Further down, a store labled "Cds Music & Games" or something of that nature. The real name of the store is Disc Replay, and near the back of the store is a copy of Tales if anybody is interested. It's worth a shot, and even if it is gone by now, they have a good collection of ps2, gc, xbox, snes, genesis etc games.

#382 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2005 - 02:10 AM

Chicago CAG's remember the meeting:

June 10, 2005

#383 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2005 - 06:19 AM

Chicago CAG's remember the meeting:

June 10, 2005

Hey, all. If I possibly get a chance to make it, either to the beginning or somewhere near the end of this meeting/meal, how will I be able to find whoever's attending? Any names for parties that this group will be under, or other personal identifiers I can use to find you all? Maybe someone can come with a PSP (or two) strapped to their wrist(s)? I just realized that I don't know most of your names or what you look like, so something like that could be pretty helpful (and maybe not just for me). PM me back if you'd rather not post these kinds of things. Thanks.

--Dan

#384 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2005 - 03:04 PM

Shit, my local TRU is closing.

Thread already started here:
http://www.cheapassg...ghlight=chicago

#385 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2005 - 05:55 PM

Ok, this is the list of people that posted or emailed me that they will show up to the meet up. If you changed your mine please pm me and if you want to attend just post it here. I ask because the meet up is this week and I want to be sure we all know that.

Meet up list:
1. ryosnk (myself)
2. rocksolidaudio
3. dp84
4. flybrione
5. EdS25
6. bobo2k4
7. dpac

Also, I will be wearing a puma (peach color) hat. :)

#386 darisma

darisma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2005 - 06:59 PM

I also live in Chicago, Lakeview area. I'm wondering what exactly will u guys be doing on the meeting? Chit chat, trading, etc?????

Also is there anyone in chicago still play soul calibur and would like to have a tournament? let me know!

#387 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2005 - 08:45 PM

I also live in Chicago, Lakeview area. I'm wondering what exactly will u guys be doing on the meeting? Chit chat, trading, etc?????

Also is there anyone in chicago still play soul calibur and would like to have a tournament? let me know!

Well, we will chit chat and trade. Also maybe plan on future meet ups like maybe a halo tournament or something like that. Are you interested in coming?

#388 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2005 - 01:09 AM

Bump.

Ok, this is the list of people that posted or emailed me that they will show up to the meet up. If you changed your mine please pm me and if you want to attend just post it here. I ask because the meet up is this week and I want to be sure we all know that.

Meet up list:
1. ryosnk (myself)
2. rocksolidaudio
3. dp84
4. flybrione
5. EdS25
6. bobo2k4
7. dpac

Also, I will be wearing a puma (peach color) hat.

#389 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2005 - 03:46 AM

So people on this list are going right?

Meet up list:
1. ryosnk (myself)
2. rocksolidaudio
3. dp84
4. flybrione
5. EdS25
6. bobo2k4
7. dpac

#390 dp84

dp84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2005 - 06:39 AM

Sorry guys, turns out I have work tomorrow. I won't be able to go, hope it turns out all good though.