The Windy City!

• Please log in to reply
5350 replies to this topic

#1951 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2008 - 03:38 PM

How about that earthquake this morning? I didn't feel it cause I was sleeping like a baby, but apparently it did some damage in the Midwest.

#1952 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2008 - 03:48 PM

How about that earthquake this morning? I didn't feel it cause I was sleeping like a baby, but apparently it did some damage in the Midwest.

5.2 on the scale. Biggest in 40 years for this region. I didn't feel a thing.

#1953 chi.bri

chi.bri

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2008 - 03:54 PM

Hey Chicago Cheap-o's,
Last weekend I went to Maxwell Street market and was suprised by the number of games vendors I saw there.
http://maps.google.c...019999&t=h&z=16

I counted no less than 10 vendors with gaming related stuff to hawk. So if negotiating for your next game sounds like fun, give Maxwell Steet a shot.
And if you don't find what you need there's a new GS up the street next to Whole Foods.
The market is on Sunday's from about 8ish until mid-afternoon.

#1954 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2008 - 03:58 PM

5.2 on the scale. Biggest in 40 years for this region. I didn't feel a thing.

Yeah, the magnitude was revised down from 5.4, but I was up at the time and it was a pretty jarring experience.

http://news.yahoo.co...west_earthquake

I think I felt a good aftershock about 40 minutes ago, too. Californians must think this is old hat.

#1955 chi.bri

chi.bri

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2008 - 04:03 PM

Yeah, the magnitude was revised down from 5.4, but I was up at the time and it was a pretty jarring experience.

http://news.yahoo.co...west_earthquake

I think I felt a good aftershock about 40 minutes ago, too. Californians must think this is old hat.

Yeah, I felt something a while ago too.
Doesn't compare to the rumblers I use to go through in SoCal though. The quakes there would make you run for your life, but then you'd realize there's no where to go. So you have no choice but to ride it out.

#1956 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2008 - 06:53 PM

Was it around 4:30 AM? My 'Madman' lunchbox was rocking, but I thought it was my roommate stumbling by my room.

#1957 spongebobgangster

spongebobgangster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2008 - 10:43 PM

Damn hell ya i felt it it woke me up.
Posted ImagePosted Image click here to help lil gangster click here

#1958 Zingela

Zingela

Royal ... Santa Hat?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2008 - 04:46 AM

Has anyone ever been to either, Classic Toys & Games in Rockford or the Volo Car museum (apparently they sell video games in one of the antique malls)?

I go to CTG every so often, the owners do a lot of ebay/amazon selling, so the prices aren't too competitive. A few gems here and there, though.

sonicdreamcast.jpg

#1959 themightypencil

themightypencil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2008 - 04:53 AM

no, im not the one with the tattoos..thats my boss, hes a great guy who is very too the point about games-he'll be honest if he doesnt like one..but hes a fantastic guy..everyone at the store is, if i do say so myself-a nice group of guys there

#1960 typeRJ

typeRJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2008 - 02:02 AM

ahh i keep forgettin to check this thread. but anyway, i only learned there was an earthquake after my bro told me in the morning. and i was like "is that why the top mattress of my bed is like a foot away from the wall now?"

Hey Chicago Cheap-o's,
Last weekend I went to Maxwell Street market and was suprised by the number of games vendors I saw there.
http://maps.google.c...019999&t=h&z=16

I counted no less than 10 vendors with gaming related stuff to hawk. So if negotiating for your next game sounds like fun, give Maxwell Steet a shot.
And if you don't find what you need there's a new GS up the street next to Whole Foods.
The market is on Sunday's from about 8ish until mid-afternoon.

oh mann i haven't been there in ages. i miss that kinda thing. there's always a gem here or there.

#1961 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2008 - 05:53 PM

Lame. Say bye bye to GTA4 adds on Chicago buses:

http://www.joystiq.c...ans-gta-iv-ads/

#1962 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2008 - 06:07 PM

Lame. Say bye bye to GTA4 adds on Chicago buses:

http://www.joystiq.c...ans-gta-iv-ads/

You'd think that those idiots at the CTA would welcome ads for what will prove to be one of the biggest game releases in recent history. They are hemorraging money like nobody's business.

#1963 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2008 - 06:26 PM

You'd think that those idiots at the CTA would welcome ads for what will prove to be one of the biggest game releases in recent history. They are hemorraging money like nobody's business.

Yeah but all teh little children might see that on the side of the bus and instantly start killing cops and all their teachers.

They look super cool on the bus too.

#1964 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2008 - 06:33 PM

Yeah but all teh little children might see that on the side of the bus and instantly start killing cops and all their teachers.

Not if we kill them first!:bouncy:

#1965 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2008 - 06:35 PM

Not if we kill them first!:bouncy:

I'll be too busy playing GTA4 though...:cry:

#1966 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2008 - 06:39 PM

I'll be too busy playing GTA4 though...:cry:

We need to get the Chicago crew together in a clan for some online slaying.

#1967 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2008 - 06:41 PM

We need to get the Chicago crew together in a clan for some online slaying.

That would be awesome. Where are you getting your copy at? I preordered over at Six Corners. I'm going to the midnight launch (I think they're having one). Maybe we can have like a mini meet up there?

#1968 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2008 - 06:44 PM

That would be awesome. Where are you getting your copy at? I preordered over at Six Corners. I'm going to the midnight launch (I think they're having one). Maybe we can have like a mini meet up there?

Me too!!!! Let's plan on meeting there for the launch. PM me your number again, please.

They are doing a midnight launch. Line starts at 10-10:30PM on Monday night.

#1969 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2008 - 06:51 PM

Me too!!!! Let's plan on meeting there for the launch. PM me your number again, please.

They are doing a midnight launch. Line starts at 10-10:30PM on Monday night.

That sounds good. I'm going with a couple of friends (semi cheap asses) so it should be a lot of fun. I've never been to a midnight launch before so I'm pretty excited.

Are any other Chicago CAGs interested in a meet up for the GTA 4 launch?

#1970 D_Icon

D_Icon

'D'_ott_Elitist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2008 - 07:20 PM

GameStop on Montrose and California I think, has the Nyko FrontMan Guitar for the PS3 that lets you use it on either GH or RockBand. Just in case someone needs a 2nd guitar. They aren't suppose to be out until 5-15-08.

#1971 jaykrue

jaykrue

Professor Of Pimpology

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:44 AM

Ok, it's Passover. The one time of the year where I convert to a jew for one purpose - to secure some sugar-cane coke. I stopped drinking soda when I was kid but the sugarcane soda is the only exception to that rule. Now, do any chicago CAGs know where I can get some? I need my sugarcane like a crackhead needs his fix. Help me Chitown CAGs!
My new fave anime: Lucky Star

Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Prostitution is a combination of sex & free enterprise. Which of those are you opposed to? -SensibleErection

I don't date women with more than zero children -jaykrue

#1972 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:13 AM

Do you mean Mexican coke or is this one different?

#1973 nikkai

nikkai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:14 AM

This may be random as hell - but anyone work or know anyone who works at bestbuy? I need a car alarm pref w/ remote start and don't feel like spending a fortune

Reason I pick bestbuy is I got GC's there

#1974 jaykrue

jaykrue

Professor Of Pimpology

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:56 AM

Do you mean Mexican coke or is this one different?

I haven't had Mexican coke since I went to Mexico on vacation as a kid so I don't remember if they're the same. The kosher ones were just like the ones I had as a kid in a glass bottle. Seriously, that stuff was top shelf for a poor lil kid back then.

Posted Image
Prostitution is a combination of sex & free enterprise. Which of those are you opposed to? -SensibleErection

#1975 chi.bri

chi.bri

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:03 AM

They look super cool on the bus too.

What's worse? Cop's killing us or us killing cops?

http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=lrOzJo0KhKs

#1976 CAG 79

CAG 79

9 Year CAG Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:28 AM

That sounds good. I'm going with a couple of friends (semi cheap asses) so it should be a lot of fun. I've never been to a midnight launch before so I'm pretty excited.

Are any other Chicago CAGs interested in a meet up for the GTA 4 launch?

I'm picking up my copy at midnight but I've got it pre-ordered at the Brickyard EB Games.

#1977 nikkai

nikkai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:41 PM

Second question... =)

Any luck w/ BB clearances? Chicago tends to get shafted w/ these.

#1978 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2008 - 02:55 PM

I haven't had Mexican coke since I went to Mexico on vacation as a kid so I don't remember if they're the same. The kosher ones were just like the ones I had as a kid in a glass bottle. Seriously, that stuff was top shelf for a poor lil kid back then.

I checked a Mexican coke bottle and there is no K or parve or any symbols on it.

#1979 jaykrue

jaykrue

Professor Of Pimpology

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2008 - 08:49 PM

I checked a Mexican coke bottle and there is no K or parve or any symbols on it.

Well, I'm not really jewish so I'm not too worried about violating jewish traditions. I'm just looking for some pure sugarcane Coke. I talked to my friend about it the other day and she said they might have some at Costco so I'm gonna go check out the one in Orland Park. But if you know of any other places, by all means, please, let me and my fellow sugarcane soda addicts know.;):bouncy:

Posted Image

#1980 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:31 PM

Well, I'm not really jewish so I'm not too worried about violating jewish traditions. I'm just looking for some pure sugarcane Coke. I talked to my friend about it the other day and she said they might have some at Costco so I'm gonna go check out the one in Orland Park. But if you know of any other places, by all means, please, let me and my fellow sugarcane soda addicts know.;):bouncy:

I know you want coke, but jones cola uses pure cane sugar. At least the cream soda does for sure, since I have some in front of me.