The Windy City!

• Please log in to reply
5350 replies to this topic

#2941 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:13 PM

And just checking to see if anyone is interested in some various D&D 2nd Edition books. I am getting nudged by the gf to get rid of them. But I don't want to get a dollar for all of them if I haul them to Half Price :) I'm looking to sell them cheap or trade them for other useless stuff that takes up less space (Hahahha).

Aw man, you mean there's no ebay market for them? I've also got a crate of 2E books (tons of Forgotten Realms shit) in my basement and another in my parents' basement. A couple of years ago I stopped in at http://www.games-plus.com/ in Mt. Prospect and asked if they bought collections, and they said yes, but it must be left there while they evaluate it. Never got around to it.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#2942 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2009 - 08:49 AM

Damn Bulls dropped the ball. :cry:

#2943 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2009 - 01:13 PM

Damn Bulls dropped the ball. :cry:

What the heck are you doing up so early, man? At least the Hawks won.

Does anyone have the Eternal Sonata strategy guide?

#2944 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:08 PM

I hit 4 BB and 3 sears and I was only able to get an extra SCIV for PS3. When I went in Sears the employee said a guy was there and bought about 40 games (multiple copies).

The GI Joe Chicago show is today in Algonquin:

Sunday May 3, 2009
Chicago G.I. Joe and Action Figure
Show 2009
Harry D. Jacobs H.S.
2601 Bunker Hill Drive
Algonquin, IL 60102

#2945 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2009 - 05:17 PM

I have no Eternal Sonata guide, but I wouldn't mind having one...

I'm not used to having sunday off work. What do you normal folk do for fun on a Sunday? Hahaha!

#2946 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2009 - 05:19 PM

What the heck are you doing up so early, man? At least the Hawks won.

Schools out for summer. Schools's out fooorrreeevvver! I usually stay up pretty late everyday. :)

I'm not used to having sunday off work. What do you normal folk do for fun on a Sunday? Hahaha!

Game it up.

#2947 CAG 79

CAG 79

9 Year CAG Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2009 - 05:32 PM

I hit 4 BB and 3 sears and I was only able to get an extra SCIV for PS3. When I went in Sears the employee said a guy was there and bought about 40 games (multiple copies).

Are you selling that one?

#2948 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:10 AM

The GI Joe Chicago show is today in Algonquin:

Sunday May 3, 2009
Chicago G.I. Joe and Action Figure
Show 2009
Harry D. Jacobs H.S.
2601 Bunker Hill Drive
Algonquin, IL 60102

I did not know their was a dedicated show for GI Joe. I'm a transformers fan but I would of check this out since they might do something cool for the movie coming out. Did you go slowdive21 and if so any pics?

#2949 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:24 AM

If you guys want to play softball, we could meet at the Disney II school on Grace (near Pulaski). Smoque barbeque is right around the corner.

#2950 dark79

dark79

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:58 AM

Anyone from the Chicago area manage to get anything from the BB sale they're wanting to trade? I'm looking for Infinite Discovery (360), Soul Calibur 4 (either version), Devil May Cry 4 (either version), Pure (either version). I picked up 2 copies of Quantum of Solace (360) on the last day of the sale (right before the store closed) to trade for the ones I really wanted.

I also have a sealed Rock Band Special Edition (PS3) that I'd like to trade for Rock Band Special Edition (360) or anything else decent so long as you're close enough for a local trade as I'd hate to ship the huge box =)

#2951 52club

52club

This ain't intramurals!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:05 AM

I've been wanting to try smoque for a while. I wouldn't mind a softball game.
Space for Rent:lol:

#2952 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:14 PM

Are you selling that one?

Yes and I can deliver it at the next CAG meet up. PM an offer for soul Calibur 4 (PS3)

I did not know their was a dedicated show for GI Joe. I'm a transformers fan but I would of check this out since they might do something cool for the movie coming out. Did you go slowdive21 and if so any pics?

I did go, but it was pretty weak this year (no pics). There is one transformers guy who had a booth. It was in half of a school gym and most of the sellers had large joes, not 3 3/4 inch. The big GI joe con is in Kansas City this year. Best bet for transformers movie stuff is Wizard World or the Botcon (official transformers convention) in CA. http://www.botcon.com/BotCon09/

I picked up 2 copies of Quantum of Solace (360) on the last day of the sale (right before the store closed) to trade for the ones I really wanted.

I think blackout wanted bond on 360 with the t-shirt.

#2953 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:16 PM

Anyone from the Chicago area manage to get anything from the BB sale they're wanting to trade? I'm looking for Infinite Discovery (360), Soul Calibur 4 (either version), Devil May Cry 4 (either version), Pure (either version). I picked up 2 copies of Quantum of Solace (360) on the last day of the sale (right before the store closed) to trade for the ones I really wanted.

I also have a sealed Rock Band Special Edition (PS3) that I'd like to trade for Rock Band Special Edition (360) or anything else decent so long as you're close enough for a local trade as I'd hate to ship the huge box =)

I'm interested in Bond, but I have nothing to trade. Would you sell it?

#2954 dark79

dark79

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:06 PM

I'm interested in Bond, but I have nothing to trade. Would you sell it?

Just sent you a PM =)

Also I picked up FarCry 2 (360) if anyone's interested. Still want the same games I mentioned above except for Infinite Undiscovery since I went to eBay for it. Will be willing to check out your trade lists though.

On another note, are all the meetups usually in Chicago? Would like to go, but I live in the suburbs for a reason ;)

#2955 SEGA128DC

SEGA128DC

EA Sports suck!!!...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:55 AM

Hmm, I don't remember FarCry 2 (Xbox 360) being on the list of games on sale at Best Buy?...#-o
Rise from your grave...

#2956 dark79

dark79

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:28 PM

Hmm, I don't remember FarCry 2 (Xbox 360) being on the list of games on sale at Best Buy?...#-o

I picked it up at Target and quickly traded it off ;)

#2957 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:27 PM

24th Annual West Walker Garage Sale

Saturday, May 16th
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Rain or Shine!

Don't miss out on the oldest, largest garage sale on the northwest side! There will be something for everyone and bargains galore! In the alleys of West Walker, Pulaski to Central Park, Montrose to Irving Park.

#2958 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:56 PM

Saturday, May 16th
Rain or Shine!

Don't miss out on the oldest, largest garage sale on the northwest side! There will be something for everyone and bargains galore! In the alleys of West Walker, Pulaski to Central Park, Montrose to Irving Park.

Have you checked this out before? How is the games/music quality?

#2959 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:02 PM

I had planned on it last year, but then forgot about it. If you want to meet up next weekend, we can go check it out.

#2960 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:05 PM

I had planned on it last year, but then forgot about it. If you want to meet up next weekend, we can go check it out.

Yeah I'll hit it up with you. I'll let you know if I have cash and/or not busy then :)

#2961 Amerijapoxicano

Amerijapoxicano

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:16 PM

This sounds like it could be good. Post reminders about this as the time gets closer. I might be down for this, too.

#2962 chi.bri

chi.bri

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2009 - 01:42 PM

I remember a while back we had a discussion about where to get Mexican Coca-Cola. Well, I strolled over to Costco (Lincoln Park) yesterday and found 24-pack's on sale for less than $20. A good price in my opinion since I pay a little over $1 per bottle at the local carniceria.

#2963 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:38 PM

I found one of those Motorola "NFL Head Coach" headsets (PS2 / USB) at my closest GS (Howard and Clark) for $1, and then later at the Howard Best Buy I noticed they actually had price tags for their penny guides. Two were labeled which game (Bad Company and Spider-Man Web of Shadows) but 4 others didn't say which game and the kiosk SKU look-up didn't help. How long have they been doing that?
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#2964 ethwang

ethwang

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:58 PM

Saturday, May 16th
Rain or Shine!

This sounds fantastic--I will be hitting this up for sure.

#2965 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:37 AM

I remember a while back we had a discussion about where to get Mexican Coca-Cola. Well, I strolled over to Costco (Lincoln Park) yesterday and found 24-pack's on sale for less than $20. A good price in my opinion since I pay a little over $1 per bottle at the local carniceria.

Thanks, I only thought west coast Costcos sell Mexican coke.

WARNING: I found Mexican coke 355mL made with high fructose corn syrup. The bottle was slightly different than the normal Mexican 355mL bottle made with sugar. So just a warning. Always look at the ingredients before you buy.

Also, I noticed that Produce World on Cumberland sells 24 packs of 500mL bottles of Mexican coke for something like $28. The per unit price is on par with Costco. I would have bought it if it weren't for all the Passover coke I stocked up on.

#2966 Kush

Kush

Pixelated Sausage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:36 AM

Wow...I can't believe I never noticed a thread dedicated to Chicago until right now! I may have to hit up this Garage sale this weekend...might be a few hidden gems in the mix.

#2967 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:17 PM

Doesn't look like we'll get maps for the garage sale until Saturday AM. Check Hoy, Red Eye, Chicago Tribune, Reader and Craigslist.

#2968 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:53 PM

Doesn't look like we'll get maps for the garage sale until Saturday AM. Check Hoy, Red Eye, Chicago Tribune, Reader and Craigslist.

How many houses/people usually put stuff out?

#2969 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:09 PM

How many houses/people usually put stuff out?

Not sure. It appears that I'm not going to be able to make it this year. Also going on this Saturday is the book sale at Disney II Magnet School:

THOUSANDS of books, videos, and DVD's to choose from in every category ranging from cooking to baby board books, NY Times bestsellers to parenting books, etc. Why pay full
price when you can recycle & reuse perfectly good used books? Please join us:

Disney II Magnet School Community Book Sale
Saturday May 16th, 2009
9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
3815 N. Kedvale
Outdoors, under tents, on the Disney II property, weather permitting –
otherwise in the gym

All books, videos, and DVD's are priced from $.50 - $3.00
(All merchandise ½ price for the last hour!)

#2970 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2009 - 06:20 PM

Half Priced Books is still better. :D