CoD: Black Ops Contest

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#31 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:10 AM

Isn't this a really awesome way to get fired? Because I talked about my job once in my personal blog. And then I didn't have that job any more.
[URL="http://gamercards.exophase.com/psn/user/theunvisible/"]Posted Image[/URL]

Spoiler

#32 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:16 AM

He's promoting a public contest. It's not like he's giving away the codes or saying Gamestop sucks.

EDIT

After messing around with it, my friend and I have determined that any random combo of numbers and letters will give you a message saying your code has been entered successfully and that you'll be contacted. Also, it does not accept duplicates as we both tried each others codes and it said they'd already been entered.

You'd think they would've just entered those 25 codes and made those the only valid combination of numbers and letters. Has me less optimistic that the code I entered is actually correct since as I said, it's very hard to read.

Edited by SEH, 24 September 2010 - 01:28 AM.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#33 TheHoodGuy

TheHoodGuy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:42 PM

I found one XD Awesome. Took me two tries, but I did it. I hope they send me an E-Mail 8D
[url=http://www.ps3trophies.com/profile/The%20Ultimate%20Navi]Posted Image
[/URL]

#34 dyeknom

dyeknom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:24 PM

Found 2, both redeemed already :(
Found one in a rock, but cant remember what it was
Found one in some snow at the top of the pic, starts with an H

Edit: 3rd time's a charm.
Found mine near a road

Edited by dyeknom, 24 September 2010 - 07:44 PM.

#35 tripleOGkush

tripleOGkush

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:21 PM

i just found a code too.
it says gamestop will contact you within 48 hrs. they have to verify the code.
and then asks for your information again

#36 SebasCvdB

SebasCvdB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:29 PM

I Pre-Ordered at gamestop never got my Flight Suit code for the 360!!

#37 tripleOGkush

tripleOGkush

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:52 PM

I Pre-Ordered at gamestop never got my Flight Suit code for the 360!!

maybe you can get it when the game comes out or when its available in the market place.

#38 tripleOGkush

tripleOGkush

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:58 PM

i just found out that the prize is a limited edition black ops t-shirt

#39 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:29 PM

Yeah, kinda sad it's just a t-shirt. Still no word from Gamestop yet, found my code yesterday, one more day to go...

#40 tripleOGkush

tripleOGkush

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:14 PM

well i took a pic but i cant post links yet. what you missed was the submission form. you have to fill it out and then they verify the code, then contact you

#41 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:26 PM

A winner is me! \\:D/

#42 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:27 PM

well i took a pic but i cant post links yet. what you missed was the submission form. you have to fill it out and then they verify the code, then contact you

CRAP, thanks for the heads up on that! I'll have to email them and see what they can do...

#43 tripleOGkush

tripleOGkush

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:01 AM

CRAP, thanks for the heads up on that! I'll have to email them and see what they can do...

it would be good if you remembered the code and go back and try it again

#44 jmarano7836

jmarano7836

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:07 AM

how hard is it find a code?! i seriously feel like i'm blind when i zoom in all the way.. is anyone using firefox?
Rule#2: Double-Tap :twoguns: :twisted:

#45 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:29 AM

it would be good if you remembered the code and go back and try it again

I actually went back but now the code is missing from the spot I found it. I don't know if they've updated the picture to remove found codes?

#46 mr.me

mr.me

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:39 AM

In the rules it says "There is a limit of a total of one (1) Eligible Entry per person."

Does that mean if you win a T-shirt now you can't win the bigger prizes later?

#47 lo6ick

lo6ick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:15 AM

so i have a avatar code for preordering the game. anyone wanna trade something for it? i really want into the assassin's creed multiplayer

#48 dyeknom

dyeknom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:22 AM

In the rules it says "There is a limit of a total of one (1) Eligible Entry per person."

There are no bigger prizes.

Also, they note in the official rules that they will attempt to contact winners over the telephone. Yuck. Id prefer to not talk to them... just respond to an email

#49 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:45 AM

He's promoting a public contest. It's not like he's giving away the codes or saying Gamestop sucks.

EDIT

After messing around with it, my friend and I have determined that any random combo of numbers and letters will give you a message saying your code has been entered successfully and that you'll be contacted. Also, it does not accept duplicates as we both tried each others codes and it said they'd already been entered.

You'd think they would've just entered those 25 codes and made those the only valid combination of numbers and letters. Has me less optimistic that the code I entered is actually correct since as I said, it's very hard to read.

Had me a little worried there. I had my brother try putting in jibberish on his computer and it said he won. I had him retry the code I won with and it says it was already taken. GameStop's probably got quite a few people expecting free shirts.

EDIT: Ah, crap.

I just put in "BORT" and "QUE" as random codes I made up and it said I won. I tried them both again and it says they were taken. No clue if I actually won now.

EDIT 2:

Okay, let's try and figure this out. The word that I found, or think I found, isn't typed out like a few of the codes or obvious like others. It looks like it could be part of the landscape, but it spells out an actual word, all the letters are about the same size, and it isn't at any odd angle.

Anyone else find codes like that? Where's GameStopTom?

EDIT 3:

Well, Fuck me. I found the original image and of course with my luck, I managed to spot the one freaking tiny little natural formation that just happens to look like it spells out "SOFT". Figures.

Bet the guy that picked up Fixit off that orange water tower or whatever it is won't be getting a t-shirt either.

Edited by MrBeatdown, 25 September 2010 - 10:07 AM.
ruh roh

#50 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2010 - 05:21 AM

That's what I said. You can enter any random combo of numbers and letters and it will say you've won. You cant enter duplicates though as it will say congrats or whatever, but that the code's already been used. It's seriously like the most backwards setup for a contest like this that I've ever seen.

Why they didn't just update their database daily with the 25 codes that could be entered is beyond me. It not only would've been easier for them in that they don't have to wade through countless entries of bullshit codes, but it would've been easier for the contestants as well as we'd actually know if we'd legitimately won something or not.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#51 GameStopTom

GameStopTom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:19 PM

Remember that announcement I promised? I was just cleared to make it, but let me answer some of your questions first...

Hey Tom how long does it take to receive the confirmation email?

If you haven't received a confirmation email, send an email to help@gamestop.com and we'll get it all straightened out.

The T-Shirt contest is seperate from our bigger prizes, so you can still enter for our bigger prizes.

Speaking of which, that brings me to a clever segue to our big announcement --

GameStop is bringing back Surprize Attack! Check out the exclusive announcement trailer on the Classified tab on GameStop’s Facebook page. This tab will be a source of advanced intel throughout the sweepstakes, including info about prizes before they’re officially released, so stay tuned.

Starting tomorrow, you can use your GameStop pre-order code to play.

(NOTE: Thursday September 30th is the last day to redeem your pre-order code for the exclusive flight Suit avatar, so if you haven’t already, better get on it!)

#52 CoalDasHonkey

CoalDasHonkey

rada rada rada

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:50 PM

Starting tomorrow, you can use your GameStop pre-order code to play.

Using the avatar code?

#53 tripleOGkush

tripleOGkush

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:57 AM

i finally got my confirmation email.
it said i won black ops gear.
i only ended up winning 1 out of two valid codes

#54 tripleOGkush

tripleOGkush

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:59 AM

[quote name='(NOTE: Thursday September 30th is the last day to redeem your pre-order code for the exclusive flight Suit avatar, so if you haven’t already, better get on it!)[/QUOTE']

i preordered before they announced the avatar thing. how do i get m y code?

#55 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2010 - 02:42 AM

AWW, dammit I got an email saying my code wasn't valid, grrrrr I give up!:bomb:

#56 GameStopTom

GameStopTom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:02 PM

Using the avatar code?

Yes, using the code you got when pre-ordering that you used to get the avatar.

i preordered before they announced the avatar thing. how do i get m y code?

You can email help@gamestop.com to retrieve your pre-order code.

#57 jmarano7836

jmarano7836

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:07 AM

i def kept lookin and got excited when i found another code today....contest ended like 4 days ago lol...:bomb:

when's these "new big prizes" roll out too..
Rule#2: Double-Tap :twoguns: :twisted:

#58 dyeknom

dyeknom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:15 AM

I received one email saying the code was invalid, followed by another stating the code was valid. haha. I wonder which it was!

#59 tripleOGkush

tripleOGkush

Posted 30 September 2010 - 02:30 AM

ok i have an extra avatar code if anyone needs it

i went to game stop with my reciept and the guy gave me an extra one for a friend

#60 dyeknom

dyeknom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:21 AM

How do the flight suits look? I'd take one if they look cool :)