What is the best 80s movie motivational song?

Karate fucking kid! Sweep the leg! Plus look at how many movies and TV shows have used it! I'm just waiting for an MMA fighter to come out to this song, it will happen someday mark my word.

No Easy Way Out wins over You're The Bestt by a hair. The smallest hair ever.

That said, Rocky IV's soundtrack in general blows away Karate Kid's. KK1 had You're The Best & Cruel Summer (which wasn't even on the actual soundtrack they released), that's about it. Rocky IV's was magnificent. No Easy Way Out, Eye of the Tiger, Burning Heart, Living in America, the two awesome DiCola instrumentals, and a few other semi-forgotten gems as well.

[quote name='KaneRobot']No Easy Way Out wins over You're The Bestt by a hair. The smallest hair ever.

That said, Rocky IV's soundtrack in general blows away Karate Kid's. KK1 had You're The Best & Cruel Summer (which wasn't even on the actual soundtrack they released), that's about it. Rocky IV's was magnificent. No Easy Way Out, Eye of the Tiger, Burning Heart, Living in America, the two awesome DiCola instrumentals, and a few other semi-forgotten gems as well.[/QUOTE]

Yes, The Rocky IV soundtrack overall definitely beats Karate Kid's.

[quote name='eldergamer']You're The Best, obviously. I have a special place in my heart for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVtqYs9ORcE[/QUOTE]

Holy shit, I actually just watched that movie a couple days ago. Yeah...it doesn't hold up. The movies main flaw is the kid befriends his estranged dad too quick. It's like "I hate you dad!" Then "Hey kid, wanna drive my truck?" Then, "YOU'RE THE BEST DEADBEAT DAD EVAR!"

[quote name='Salmonday']That's the one I was going to mention. I think it was a law that every high school football team in America during the 80s had to use this song for their highlight video at the end of the season.[/QUOTE]

Now they just load the video up with AC/DC.

No Easy Way Out wins for me, The Rocky 4 soundtrack is easily one of the best ever.

edit- Man I want to have an 80s movie marathon now.

[quote name='Clak']
edit- Man I want to have an 80s movie marathon now.[/QUOTE]

Netflix streaming. Almost everything here is on there. I'm kinda pumped, I just checked and Teen Wolf is on there.

[quote name='Clak']No Easy Way Out wins for me, The Rocky 4 soundtrack is easily one of the best ever.

edit- Man I want to have an 80s movie marathon now.[/QUOTE]

Dude you posted exactly what I was going to, same song, same soundtrack, same sentiment.

[quote name='KaneRobot']No Easy Way Out wins over You're The Bestt by a hair. The smallest hair ever.

That said, Rocky IV's soundtrack in general blows away Karate Kid's. KK1 had You're The Best & Cruel Summer (which wasn't even on the actual soundtrack they released), that's about it. Rocky IV's was magnificent. No Easy Way Out, Eye of the Tiger, Burning Heart, Living in America, the two awesome DiCola instrumentals, and a few other semi-forgotten gems as well.[/QUOTE]

This too.

For those far too interested in 80's movie songs, this was just released a few months ago, I got it and dig it a lot:

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.6605/.f

It's the score (ie all of DiCola's stuff) from Rocky IV. Only took 25 years for it to come out! Sheesh. Of note, "War" is the movie version, which is better than the version on the regular Rocky IV soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYyzoncz1qw

You know a CD is worth it when it includes an extended version of the "HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAULIE" robot song.

I don't know what it was about the 80s that spawned all these tunes, but whatever it was seems to have died.

LOL Wolfkin

[quote name='KaneRobot']For those far too interested in 80's movie songs, this was just released a few months ago, I got it and dig it a lot:

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.6605/.f

It's the score (ie all of DiCola's stuff) from Rocky IV. Only took 25 years for it to come out! Sheesh. Of note, "War" is the movie version, which is better than the version on the regular Rocky IV soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYyzoncz1qw

You know a CD is worth it when it includes an extended version of the "HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAULIE" robot song.[/QUOTE]

Mother fucken SOLD!:applause:

"You're the Best" from Karate Kid. They use it in the episode of South Park where Randy gets drunk at Stan's little league games and starts beating up all of the other drunk dads, I laugh every time I think about it.

[quote name='Arkanos']"You're the Best" from Karate Kid. They use it in the episode of South Park where Randy gets drunk at Stan's little league games and starts beating up all of the other drunk dads, I laugh every time I think about it.[/QUOTE]

lmao
I was thinking and singing this song in my head a bit today wondering where I had heard this besides karate kid. It was south park and that episode is one of the funniest, IMO.

[quote name='EnronLackey']If only gangsters can resolve "issues" with break dancing today .. hehe

"You step onto my new shoes! LETS DANCE!!!"[/QUOTE]
Seriously though, I really wish life was more like this. Instead of shooting or stabbing just take it out on the dance floor (or any other medium that requires skill in a non violent manner) and resolve issues that way. Like the movie Over The Top with Stallone, they arm wrestled in the bar scene instead of having a barfight. Then when it was all over, they gave each other respect :applause:.

Over The Top was way better than I remembered.

Is noone else going to mention they use it in King of Kong. I'm a south park hater so i have no idea what ya'll are talking about but King of Kong is awesome.

I'd settle for gang members to just stick to knife fights. Any innocent bystander that dies as a result of a knife fight probably deserved it.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I'd settle for gang members to just stick to knife fights. Any innocent bystander that dies as a result of a knife fight probably deserved it.[/QUOTE]
See, in my Breakdancing world the innocent bystander would just witness amazing moves, be inspired and go home and practice :)

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I'd settle for gang members to just stick to knife fights. Any innocent bystander that dies as a result of a knife fight probably deserved it.[/QUOTE]those beat it style knife fights were the greatest test of dominance ever devised

[quote name='frostybroc']Probably one of the best that i can think of at the moment is Simple Minds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAdaQhitdKg[/QUOTE]that's even worse than my choice. do you really get motivated by that? I mean it's a good song and all. Classic really but it just kinda makes me depressed (in a good way)

[quote name='Xevious']Wow...this thread brings back memories. I would have to say the best is Eye of the Tiger by Survior.

However..There is one song everyone here missed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8g__x6ExM8[/QUOTE]

Oh fuck and yes that one is great, plus it was in GTA 3 and brings back memories of being chased by cops in Liberty City! :applause:

Two of the other main songs from Scarface made up Flashback FM. The strange thing I always thought was why did they put these songs in GTA 3 instead of Vice City? Vice City was heavily influenced by Scarface, yet the songs were in 3 and not Vice City?

bread's done
Back