GameFly September 2010 Used Game Sale - Under $20 Blowout

• Please log in to reply
538 replies to this topic

#511 Dysheekie

Dysheekie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2010 - 07:43 PM

I didn't get the slip cover for Dante's Inferno either, but I emailed Gamefly and they wrote back almost instantly saying they would ship one right now. FYI - for anyone that cares...
Posted Image

#512 munkyballz

munkyballz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:16 PM

Wished they had another sale and brought back free shipping for non-members.

Would be in for Silent Hill, but $5 shipping kind of kills the deal.

#513 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:24 PM

I didn't get the slip cover for Dante's Inferno either, but I emailed Gamefly and they wrote back almost instantly saying they would ship one right now. FYI - for anyone that cares...

Would you mind posting what you emailed?

EDIT: I sent an email as well. Haven't gotten a response back. I don't really care either way, just thought I'd try for kicks. Just hope they don't charge me.

Edited by icedrake523, 08 October 2010 - 11:22 PM.

#514 Geello

Geello

Walked into Mordor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:33 PM

Question about those who actually do subscribe to Gamefly.

Do you find that games will display the status of "At home" for a few days, even though you haven't received the disk yet? Just worried that they already lost a disk in the mail after I've only been a member for two and a half weeks.

Posted Image

#515 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:45 PM

Question about those who actually do subscribe to Gamefly.

Do you find that games will display the status of "At home" for a few days, even though you haven't received the disk yet? Just worried that they already lost a disk in the mail after I've only been a member for two and a half weeks.

AT HOME shows up as soon as they shipped it

I got the new pokemon game shipped

shipped weds showed AT HOME weds night even though i never got it to now (going back tomorrow cause i got it from best buy for 20)
WOOOO I STINK

#516 Geello

Geello

Walked into Mordor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2010 - 12:42 AM

Thanks, now I can stop worrying!

Posted Image

#517 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:48 PM

I emailed GameFly about a Dante's Inferno slipcover. Basically said "I ordered DI (PS3) but it didn't come with a slip cover. I was curious if there were any spares that GameFly could send me."

Their response was apologizing I didn't get the game and they were refunding my order. So whoever read my email must have dyslexia.

Before the shopping moral police come in, I have emailed them back saying I have received the game and a refund is unnecessary. I'm a cheap ass, not a thief.

#518 jmarano7836

jmarano7836

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:09 PM

I emailed GameFly about a Dante's Inferno slipcover. Basically said "I ordered DI (PS3) but it didn't come with a slip cover. I was curious if there were any spares that GameFly could send me."

Their response was apologizing I didn't get the game and they were refunding my order. So whoever read my email must have dyslexia.

Before the shopping moral police come in, I have emailed them back saying I have received the game and a refund is unnecessary. I'm a cheap ass, not a thief.

:applause: + 10 Karma points for you sir... seriously tho, a good deed rarely goes unpaid one way or another.

ALSO: Have people ever ordered and my status says shipped but my tracking number has not been available for days... and I havn't received the game either:drool:
Rule#2: Double-Tap :twoguns: :twisted:

#519 sageridder

sageridder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:33 PM

if you have no luck getting the covers you can get very good scans of covers to print from cdcovers.cc
http://www.cdcovers.cc/covers

#520 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:40 PM

:applause: + 10 Karma points for you sir... seriously tho, a good deed rarely goes unpaid one way or another.

I'm fortunate enough that I could have afforded it (or any game) when it was $60. I'm not going to steal $16 from GameFly because someone misread my email.

#521 Mafoofoo

Mafoofoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:16 AM

Got my copies of Assassin's Creed 2, Prince of Persia forgotten sands for the 360 and No More Heroes 2 for the Wii.

Cases, manuals, artwork and discs all in mint conidition. Really really impressed with gamefly.

#522 Lucky13

Lucky13

It's Go Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2010 - 08:53 PM

My last 2 games finally came Friday and this order couldn't have turned out much worse. I've bought I think 16 games from GameFly over the past few years and never had a single issue until this order.

NFS: Shift is scratched just as bad as my copy of GoW III was but thankfully it still works unlike GoW which doesn't. Also my copy of Bioshock 2 literally has 15 chips along the edges of the game. I've never seen anything like it. I thought the 1 deep chip in AvP was bad but this is nuts. It's like someone took a file to the disc every inch or two all the way around...

I've emailed GameFly about GoW III hoping they will send me a replacement, I'll update when I get a response.
|:ps3: 150+|:br: 300+|:hd: 100+|:dvd: 500+|:ps2: 50+|:pc: too many!

#523 Dazed28

Dazed28

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:54 PM

Just received my copy of Splinter Cell Conviction and Im happy to say it is in Like New condition, Not bad for $15 :D

#524 Montination

Montination

Posted 12 October 2010 - 10:08 PM

My order said it shipped on 10/2, and it's still not here. I live 4 hours from their distribution center... should I report it as shipping problem?

#525 Relysis

Relysis

No Guns Next Time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2010 - 11:37 PM

My order said it shipped on 10/2, and it's still not here. I live 4 hours from their distribution center... should I report it as shipping problem?

With the holiday that's really only 6 business days. I'd give them a couple more. Although they seem to average 3-4 for most orders.

#526 jab1235

jab1235

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:49 AM

is Final Fantasy 13 worth the $20? havn't played a FF befor (except for finaly fantasy 10 a while ago) so it not being traditional shouldn't bother me.

seeing as it's used and the mmo isn't for me, im nor leaning towards the ps3 version anymore. is eaither particularly better?

either that or conviction, which the story being short kinda keeps me away for now
or alpha protocal, which i only want for the choice making, the shooting is turning me away.

Edited by jab1235, 13 October 2010 - 03:14 AM.

#527 Altanis

Altanis

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:58 AM

I live that far from their Tampa center, and got it in 4 days, but I think they shipped it from a Pennsylania center, because that was the return address on the label.

It would explain 4 business days though for delivery, instead of 2 (normal transit time from Tampa).

#528 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:10 AM

Just started playin MAG tonight. I think Ill keep playing this until Black Ops drops in price. MAG is pretty deep.

#529 TheKbob

TheKbob

Rock On, Duder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:24 AM

Yes, nabbed Alpha Protocol. Been dying to replay that after I borrowed a copy. $20 shipped. Beats $35 at Gamestop! and $22 used + shipping on Amazon.

#530 woof321

woof321

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:31 AM

I also received a non-working GoW III (no scratches, but outer edge feels uneven/chipped). They say they can't send a replacement, but will refund and I'll have to reorder. The price is now $5 higher and with another $5 for shipping they're basically saying I need to pay them an extra $10 to get what I've already paid for. Seems pretty crappy - if they have copies available, which they clearly do, they really should fill the orders they've already promised.

#531 41down

41down

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:41 AM

so gamefly was supposed to send me a slipcover for dante but they sent me another whole new case WITHOUT the slipcover...blah! anyone wanna sell me their slip for a few bucks paypal?

#532 Lucky13

Lucky13

It's Go Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2010 - 02:23 PM

removed - see below post

Edited by Lucky13, 14 October 2010 - 06:55 PM.

#533 twstd4lfe

twstd4lfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:32 PM

I'm really sorry but for the kind of deals that GameFly provides on so many games bitching about a missing slipcover is honestly a very petty thing and it's just clogging up a thread

It's not like Dantes Inferno CIB is ever gonna be worth anything

#534 Full Metal XL

Full Metal XL

Enemy of the State!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:33 PM

Conviction just seems completely worthless to me. I wouldn't even spend 10 bucks on it.

But it's widely known and accepted that you have utter crap for taste and will spend money on games not worth it all the time, so your opinion on a game comes into question. :roll:

Speaking of Conviction, got mine and it came in very good condition. It's pretty fun so far...I find I enjoy it a bit more than Double Agent, actually.

God made me funky! :bomb:

Posted Image
A, B, C, D, E, F, G...
Someone Should've Told You Not To Fuck With Me!
:evil:

#535 Taneerian

Taneerian

Roll Dem Bones!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:42 PM

Even if it was, it's just going to sit on the dork shelf anyway... :hot:

#536 Lucky13

Lucky13

It's Go Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2010 - 07:19 PM

I also received a non-working GoW III (no scratches, but outer edge feels uneven/chipped). They say they can't send a replacement, but will refund and I'll have to reorder. The price is now $5 higher and with another $5 for shipping they're basically saying I need to pay them an extra $10 to get what I've already paid for. Seems pretty crappy - if they have copies available, which they clearly do, they really should fill the orders they've already promised.

After my last post I decided to call GameFly instead of just emailing them and they were very helpful. I explained to them that I bought God of War III on sale for $19.99 with free shipping and was given a refund because it was defective. I told the guy I just wanted to buy it again at the same price and would still like free shipping seeing as how it isn't my fault that I received a game that didn't work. He took a minute to speak to someone and...

He told me that I could purchase the game again over the phone at the original price of $24.99 + shipping & tax and that he could then refund the difference bringing the price down to the $21.23 I originally paid after taxes. So there you have it, GameFly came through for me. All I had to do was speak to an actual person and not go back and forth through emails with some customer service admin. Who knew? Give them a call like I did, I hope things work out for you.

#537 woof321

woof321

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:52 PM

Thanks for the info and suggestion, Lucky13. I had a feeling I might get that if I pushed for it. Still suprises me that extra effort is necessary for them to do this "favor", considering that replacing DOA defective items at no cost is pretty much standard policy, even online.

#538 41down

41down

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2010 - 09:20 PM

I'm really sorry but for the kind of deals that GameFly provides on so many games bitching about a missing slipcover is honestly a very petty thing and it's just clogging up a thread

thanks for the input bro

#539 gtkilla

gtkilla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:52 AM

I ordered PoP:TFS on Oct. 3 and it still hasn't got here....-_- I just sent them a message so I hope they'll get back to me soon.