Eyepet/Start the Party PS3 Move Software Bundle @ Fry's for $49.88 + Shipping

I kinda consider picking it up because of the move...but that monkey only seem to respond to my kicking in the demo -.-
Thanks though!

Don't think I'd like Start The Party too much but Eyepet was pretty good, although it seems to require a certain setup that is not ideal in my situation. I'd probably skip them both.

Wow, that is an epic deal! Thanks for posting this! Both of these games I wanted to get for my family.. and now I'm getting one for $10.00!

Damn, I want this but then I'll have to buy a Move controller, and I'll probably want Sports Champion and another controller after that.

Gets to be expensive.

[quote name='divinemaiden']I kinda consider picking it up because of the move...but that monkey only seem to respond to my kicking in the demo -.-
Thanks though![/QUOTE]

That monkey did not respond to me either in the demo, but my toddler daughter loved it so of course I am going to get it for her. I was interested in the other game as well. Ordered it, thanks OP!

[quote name='JeriKu']Does anyone know when this deal is over?[/QUOTE]

It's in their weekly ad, so it should be good thru 10/7.

Interesting... I'd considered the Sports bundle but since I already have a PS Eye it seemed kinda redundant; with this I could effectively pick up a controller and these two games for the same price as the retail Sports bundle. Not a bad deal for those who already have the camera.

[quote name='mdmusick']Interesting... I'd considered the Sports bundle but since I already have a PS Eye it seemed kinda redundant; with this I could effectively pick up a controller and these two games for the same price as the retail Sports bundle. Not a bad deal for those who already have the camera.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have a camera and I was originally just going to get one controller and Eyepet. This is a pretty good deal. Still debating whether it's all worth it or not. I wish that there was at least one Move title I was REALLY looking forward to in the future.

[quote name='myiamoto']Yeah, I have a camera and I was originally just going to get one controller and Eyepet. This is a pretty good deal. Still debating whether it's all worth it or not. I wish that there was at least one Move title I was REALLY looking forward to in the future.[/QUOTE]

I've been going through that same dilemma - there's not really a killer-app type game for Move just yet. Still, I think I find the technology interesting enough to warrant checking it out, and early feedback seems to suggest that the tech is solid enough that a good game catalog could give it some longevity.

Eyepet is really adorable and start the party can be fun in small doses and played with friends or children.
I'm actually enjoying MAG after the Move patch and looking forward to Killzone 3.

D'oh - I bought a controller + EyePet already from Amazon or I would probably have jumped on this. EyePet is definitely a good use of the controller and kids like it. Beware, though, that it will only last a few weeks probably and then you (and they) will be done with it. It doesn't take very long to get through all 15 days of challenges - me and my kids (7 and 10) got through them all in about 4-5 days of playing an hour or two.

You can still keep playing with it of course, and there are more hidden prizes to find even once you gold medal all the challenges. One of the challenges, by the way, is near broken (the stupid puppet thing). It requires waggle when really the augmented reality stuff is so much better. Note to all Move publishers - DON'T implement waggle-type actions into your games! But I was able to gold medal everything except that one which barely managed to scrape by with a silver in. I'm still going to try to gold medal it (because that is the last thing keeping me from a gold trophy) but it is boring, frustrating, and infuriating - all things that I don't want in my video games ;).

But yeah, the rest of the game is pretty cool and this bundle is a good deal (though I know nothing about the Party game - was hoping to pick that up sub-$20 later).

bread's done
Back