Photo
- - - - -

50% off select games GOG.com ENDS MONDAY | Arcanum $2.99, Psychonauts $4.99, + more

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 pewpewpew

pewpewpew

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:13 PM

Shoot, all the digital download deals are starting to add up. Decided to get the Longest Journey and Arcanum. Still contemplating Syberia and Psychonauts though.

#32 palejackal

palejackal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:05 PM

Bought Arcanum, since it's $3, and I played the Fallout games two or three years ago and they were still super fun, so if Arcanum is anywhere near as good, I should get some play out of it. Now to find the time to do so!

You can get patches/mods for Arcanum here:
http://www.terra-arc...section/arcanum

Haven't tried any out, but there does seem to be a well functioning high-resolution patch.

#33 Senusret

Senusret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:22 PM

Went for Arcanum, Syberia, and the Longest Journey. Arcanum I can't seem to get the unofficial patch to work, guessing it has a different exe or something.

#34 Fire_Thief

Fire_Thief

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:27 PM

Just bought Duke Nukem. Upset that I spent 6 on Arcanum. :(

#35 Ness3

Ness3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:49 PM

Are you following the manual's instructions? If so, check the next-to-last post in this thread.

http://www.gog.com/e...player_parties/

Wow thats dumb, haha. Thanks for that link! Now we seem to have a problem with dying... Apparently you can set a server to have you respawn after 10 seconds or something? Anyone know what to do once you die in multiplayer? :P Thanks! That seems to be our last obstacle to overcome before actually being able to enjoy the game.

679490.png

sig.gif

#36 palejackal

palejackal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:40 PM

So wait, has anyone had fun playing Arcanum online (not via LAN?) Or is Arcanum really meant to be a single player game?

#37 namster1337

namster1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:00 PM

Sweet, getting Syberia and The Longest Journey
Posted Image

#38 ekwalizer

ekwalizer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:18 AM

Guys.. the extras are worth the price of admission by themselves! For example, with Torment. you get a PDF book (almost 500 pages!) , artwork, and character cards AND the soundtrack! This is BEYOND a good deal!

#39 crumrin114

crumrin114

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:50 AM

So wait, has anyone had fun playing Arcanum online (not via LAN?) Or is Arcanum really meant to be a single player game?

It's been a long time since I owned it, but I don't remember anything about the multiplayer. Everyone just played it as a normal single player RPG...

#40 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:28 AM

How does the GOG version of Jagged Alliance 2 run on modern computers (Win 7 64-bit specifically)?

I have it on Steam, and it works fine on my Win 7-64 laptop. I would take that as a sign that the GOG version runs fine, too. :) But you can always check the GOG forums for specific issues, they used to be quite good. (It seems that the recent market stunt made a lot of the decent community leave, sadly, and there's currently a dickhead surplus, but there should still be some old threads.)

#41 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:31 AM

The Longest Journey is a must buy. Best PC adventure game.
"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake

#42 TheMedic00

TheMedic00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:46 AM

I have it on Steam, and it works fine on my Win 7-64 laptop. I would take that as a sign that the GOG version runs fine, too. :) But you can always check the GOG forums for specific issues, they used to be quite good. (It seems that the recent market stunt made a lot of the decent community leave, sadly, and there's currently a dickhead surplus, but there should still be some old threads.)

#43 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:19 AM

Picked up Arcanum.

#44 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:53 AM

How does the GOG version of Jagged Alliance 2 run on modern computers (Win 7 64-bit specifically)?

It works just fine. Just make sure to run as administrator or you won't be able to save.

I grabbed up Arcanum. I may get Duke, Psychonauts, and Syberia before the sale is over.

Edited by Soma_Cruz, 04 October 2010 - 08:55 AM.

#45 ParkCarsHere

ParkCarsHere

Lincolnish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:54 PM

Last day of the sale!

#46 SniperREX

SniperREX

Space Cowboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:01 AM

Picked up Arcanum.

Ditto :)
See You Space Cowboy

#47 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:36 AM

Is the website currently not loading for anyone else?

#48 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:39 AM

Is the website currently not loading for anyone else?

I just checked and it failed to load.

#49 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:40 AM

I just checked and it failed to load.

Good to see the sale fails to load in the last hour. New and improved website, huh?

Thanks for checking, though.

#50 MrDarkstorm

MrDarkstorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:46 AM

It is working fine here.

#51 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:47 AM

Good to see the sale fails to load in the last hour. New and improved website, huh?

Thanks for checking, though.

Maybe they'll extend the sale again. The site went down during the last sale(or maybe the one before that) so they extended it by a day.

#52 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:50 AM

It is working fine here.

Weird, I tried three different browsers and none of them work, the page won't load.

#53 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:51 AM

It's working now after a refresh.

#54 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:56 AM

It's working now after a refresh.

Got through at the last minute - site came back up at 12:35 am, promo claimed it was over but the prices still worked :D

Edited by animalspinners, 05 October 2010 - 04:35 AM.