maxim2boobles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Halo: Reach Legendary Edition @ Dell.com

41wh4B6xHzL._AA300_.jpg

[quote name='Jodou']At this rate it will be $40 by December.[/QUOTE]

*fingers crossed*
I'm predicting an amazon deal of at least 50% off by Xmas.

[quote name='Organ Donor']$50 is my sweet spot.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I might bite for $60, but no higher...

yeah I've decided I want to get this to complete the mini-collection, but will definitely wait for sub-$75. I will probably not open it like I haven't opened up Halo 3 w/ the helmet..this should be nice. It is freaking huge though, almost rivals the Steel Battalion box!!

All of you guys are just dreaming. I seriously doubt that the game will hit your wished low prices. Al least not untill 2 years from now. If you realy want the Legendary edition I would suggest buy it now until end of November on whatever sale they have. After that it will go up to $149 if any copies are left for sale. That is what I think.

[quote name='ivos']All of you guys are just dreaming. I seriously doubt that the game will hit your wished low prices. Al least not untill 2 years from now. If you realy want the Legendary edition I would suggest buy it now until end of November on whatever sale they have. After that it will go up to $149 if any copies are left for sale. That is what I think.[/QUOTE]
you are dreaming if this thing won't drop below 100$ by DEC/JAN

They lied once again about this legendary being "limited", it was mass produced with more shipping to stores, places will start get overstocked by NOV-JAN and you will see it for 89.99-99.99 on BF or shortly after on places like walmart.com, amazon.com etc. just like with halo 3.

People think it wont because of the statue but what people fail to realize is, is the quality of the statue is not that great, the statue isn't worth more then maybe 20$

[quote name='ivos']All of you guys are just dreaming. I seriously doubt that the game will hit your wished low prices. Al least not untill 2 years from now. If you realy want the Legendary edition I would suggest buy it now until end of November on whatever sale they have. After that it will go up to $149 if any copies are left for sale. That is what I think.[/QUOTE]

Uh Halo 3 Legendary hit as low as $30 before, whos to say Reach Legendary won't? My Wal-Mart even got in Reach Legendary editions and I see them littered across Best Buys and other retailer stores - not selling. I'll be picking up my copy around $50 unless i'm totally uninterested then i'll wait till hit thats $30 mark again.

You shouldn't feel bad that you bought it at $150. You wanted it right? :lol:

For those of you who doubt, Halo 3 legendary was brand new at best buy a little over a year from release for 40 bucks.

Shit, Halo 3 Legendary, PC Richards, December 2009, $19.99, Free Ship to anywhere in country...YEAH, that's how I got mine! :D

I guess we'll have to see if MS overdid it again on the production numbers, you'd think they would've learned their lesson from last time. I'm sure we'll see the price go down, but the "$40 by december" stuff is silly billy gumdrops.

:roll: Oh dear.

History proves you tragically wrong.
If Legendary hits $50 before standard hits

How I think Bungie decided on Halo "editions"

Bungie: Holy shit we have 1 million people that will FOR SURE buy Halo Reach day 1, lets make a limited CE with quantities in the 250,000 range!

Except Bungie doesn't realize that 90% of that fan base is casuals who don't give a shit about "limited" CE's and just want to play the game.

I'm willing to pick it up if it hits $40 or less.

[quote name='Vader582']You shouldn't feel bad that you bought it at $150. You wanted it right? :lol:[/QUOTE]
FYI Yes I want it because the statue, but not other stuff. and NO I have not purchised it yet. And Yes I am sure !!
I will probably buy the statue separately and the regular edition for the game later on. That is what I need.

[quote name='ivos']FYI Yes I want it because the statue, but not other stuff. and NO I have not purchised it yet. And Yes I am sure !!
I will probably buy the statue separately and the regular edition for the game later on. That is what I need.[/QUOTE]

Just yesterday I saw a craigslist posting for the statue ONLY at $65. Showed a pic of it still wrapped -- the figures/base/guns. I guess only the game and extras had been removed.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']Just yesterday I saw a craigslist posting for the statue ONLY at $65. Showed a pic of it still wrapped -- the figures/base/guns. I guess only the game and extras had been removed.[/QUOTE]
It sells for arround $45-55 on E-bay and you may get it for less, so no hurry

Bioshock 2 LE and God Of War 3 Ultimate Edition were both available for $19.99 + Shipping for a short period of time less than one year after release. Don't expect this to be a BF deal, but it will certainly be a widely available clearance item at some point in the not-too-distant future.

[quote name='token2k6']Shit, Halo 3 Legendary, PC Richards, December 2009, $19.99, Free Ship to anywhere in country...YEAH, that's how I got mine! :D[/QUOTE]

Me too. I don't usually waste my money on collector's editions, but that was definitely a sweet price.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']cant wait for $40 so i can get my flaming helmet+commentary[/QUOTE]

Yes, please do. The players with flaming helmets have been some of my best sniper kills :).

All those on the fence are silly geese, although by now all of the GC offers are mostly gone for this, and the DLC buyers are dropping fast!

Bought the set for $150, got a $40 GC and a free shirt, sold off DLC for $100.

Kept the statue (Which is damn good quality), LE stuff and the game. Oh, also nabbed the $20 GC from Amazon for it, but that's a whole nother story.

So basically I paid $10 for a shirt, game, all the stuff in it and even netted an extra $20 Amazon card.

Yeah, better deal than waiting 6 months to nab it at $50, if it even gets there. ;)

[quote name='Masume']All those on the fence are silly geese, although by now all of the GC offers are mostly gone for this, and the DLC buyers are dropping fast!

Bought the set for $150, got a $40 GC and a free shirt, sold off DLC for $100.

Kept the statue (Which is damn good quality), LE stuff and the game. Oh, also nabbed the $20 GC from Amazon for it, but that's a whole nother story.

So basically I paid $10 for a shirt, game, all the stuff in it and even netted an extra $20 Amazon card.

Yeah, better deal than waiting 6 months to nab it at $50, if it even gets there. ;)[/QUOTE]Sounds like a lot of effort. Have you even had a chance to play the game yet? ;)

$120 isn't the standard price on this? Geez I thought it was, but I guess it's list is $150.. man. Seeing it drop after 2 weeks? I'll wait for more drops.

The way I see it, this is the sort of thing that appeals to the hardest-core Halo fan, who pre-ordered it and had it day one. Anything left over is most likely not going to be snatched up, because the demographic already came and went. Next up are the CAGs, swooping in the grab it well under MSRP.

I might bite for $100 if I can get it for that cheap before the end of the year; the $60 and $50 you guys are waiting for sounds good, but I don't know if I can wait that long :p

Well, I won a Halo Reach Legendary edition...
I'm smart enough to know that CAG is NOT the place to sell this.
A lot of you have really high expectations, like $40. At least wait until the game drops to $40 because you think that, yeesh! I know these aren't as limited as Bungie wants you to think, though. A future price drop is expected, but by the time you wait to snatch it for super cheap, will anyone even care about Halo Reach online anymore? haha

I'm going to sell mine on Ebay, because there is A LOT of people paying $100 - 130 just for the helmet code....WHY?!?!! Can't they just buy the full thing for the $150 price? I'm so confused!

But their ignorance doesn't bug me; I hope to sell the statue and code separate for a fair profit.

@GrilledWitOnions

if I can't sell the code on ebay for the price I want, I can sell you the full Legendary Edition for $100. Still sealed. It'll be weeks from now, though.
I just don't wanna try to sell this thing more than once, especially since it was free.

I stopped by my local Best Buy and they had about 15 of the tihings on shelves. Hopefully they will eventually clearance them,

I was either going to shoot for the Legendary Edition on the first day using various credits and promotions at Gamestop, or get the standard edition cheaply and opt to get the Legendary Edition later at a cheaper price. I chose the latter, considering I handle non-standard editions better when I know I didn't pay a premium on them.

@McNutsack hmm, ill keep it in mind. I'm sorta hoping to see something good on this for black Friday. If it doesn't sell on eBay shoot me a pm and we can figure it out. Thanks for the heads up.

Seems to me when 1st party games come out with these kinds of editions, they make tons. Just like when I bought God of War 3 Ultimate Edition for $100, now I've seen it for $40.

That why im waiting. I have a huge backlog of games and although it is halo im seeing how much self control i have before i cave in.

Excellent. I bought it on release date for $150 & sold all the shitty codes for $75. So I basically got the game and the statue+extra goodies for $75.

The game alone costs about $65 here in NYC. Sooooo I got the statue and the other goodies for $10. Perfect deal!

And so it begins. How low will it go... how LOW... will it... GO?

I predict in a few months people will be making threads about how they paid $150 for it and how they wished they had waited. It's inevitable. Even after this already played out the exact same way with every single other collector's edition game* that's ever been released.

(*Fine Print: Excludes all Blizzard games)

Basically you're waiting for the price to drop so you can buy the flaming helmet and elite armor. everything else is gravy.

[quote name='100xp']Basically you're waiting for the price to drop so you can buy the flaming helmet and elite armor. everything else is gravy.[/QUOTE]

I actually want the badass statue. Flaming helmet just makes you easier to see.

I'll definitely pick this up when it hits $50. Note that I said WHEN. There's no doubt. I wish I had picked up the Legendary Halo 3 when it was $20. I'm not sure why I didn't...

bread's done
Back