[Expired] Transformers: War for Cybertron for PS3/360 @ $39.99

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus

@azuvidexus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2010 - 12:59 PM

I wouldn't really call this an offer, but seeing that it's $4 less than the price it had in the all PS3 Gold Box the past September 21st ($43.99), I thought I'd give the heads up. Been tracking the game for a while and if not wrong it used to be somewhere over $50, so it's -$10 more or less.

:ps3: http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B0030HM2WO/
:360: http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B0030HIULQ/

Ships from and sold by Amazon.com
New, not used.

Thanks to Ultragamer for the 360 heads up.

Edited by Azuvidexus, 05 October 2010 - 01:01 PM.

#2 Ultragamer

Ultragamer

Or so they say...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2010 - 02:21 PM

The 360 version is showing for $39.99 now for me. Just a heads up.

#3 3peen

3peen

Posted 02 October 2010 - 02:45 PM

very short game, and decepticon campaign was pretty bland imo. i'd wait til it's like 30.

#4 King J Gatz

King J Gatz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2010 - 03:29 PM

This game is worth every penny!!! If you think it was bland 3peen, Try it on a difficutly higher than easy!!!
Michigan Snowgoon

#5 icqpimp

icqpimp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2010 - 04:30 PM

It was $48.99 a day or two ago. I called up amazon, and then went to the amazon transformers page to show show them the best buy $39.99 price reduction. Plus I have a $20 gift card.

#6 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2010 - 04:30 PM

This game is worth every penny!!! If you think it was bland 3peen, Try it on a difficutly higher than easy!!!

Your sig kills me.

"It could be a crackhead that got a hold of the WRONG stuff and it told him to get up in the tree and play a Leprechaun"

Best youtube video of all time.

#7 Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus

@azuvidexus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2010 - 04:44 PM

It was $48.99 a day or two ago. I called up amazon, and then went to the amazon transformers page to show show them the best buy $39.99 price reduction. Plus I have a $20 gift card.

Checking other retailers (Best Buy, Walmart, Target, Kmart and GameStop), Best Buy is the only one with the same price ($39.99), everybody else is $59. Amazon probably has the edge because of the FSSS and no tax in some states.

:ps3: http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1218190733586
:360: http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1218190731681

New, not used.

Edited by Azuvidexus, 02 October 2010 - 04:54 PM.

#8 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 02 October 2010 - 07:26 PM

Good game. But I really wish I had waited. I watched a buddy of mine play my copy months ago and I haven't had the urge to even half try to complete even one of the campaigns on my own due to what I saw when he was playing it.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#9 Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus

@azuvidexus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2010 - 07:41 PM

Good game. But I really wish I had waited. I watched a buddy of mine play my copy months ago and I haven't had the urge to even half try to complete even one of the campaigns on my own due to what I saw when he was playing it.

Why? Because of the spoilers or was it boring?

#10 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 02 October 2010 - 07:48 PM

Why? Because of the spoilers or was it boring?

It's actually because I'm a lousy shot and you keep running out of ammo during the game and it's not as plentiful as in other games. My buddy who finished the game kept having to use the melee attack to kill enemies when he ran completely out of ammo and I found myself having to do the same when I last tried playing it.

Other games I've been able to predict enemy patterns and pick them off from a distance with a headshot, but in this game at times the enemies seem to behave like they're on speed. They don't stand still, crouch down and keep peeking round corners or pop their head up for long enough for me to nail them.

Posted Image

#11 FireWarrior

FireWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2010 - 08:40 PM

It's actually because I'm a lousy shot and you keep running out of ammo during the game and it's not as plentiful as in other games. My buddy who finished the game kept having to use the melee attack to kill enemies when he ran completely out of ammo and I found myself having to do the same when I last tried playing it.

Other games I've been able to predict enemy patterns and pick them off from a distance with a headshot, but in this game at times the enemies seem to behave like they're on speed. They don't stand still, crouch down and keep peeking round corners or pop their head up for long enough for me to nail them.

Hmmm that behavior actually makes me pretty excited for the game. I like enemy AI that keeps me on my toes.

#12 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 02 October 2010 - 08:47 PM

I don't really mind the twitching around so much as I did the ammo being scarce. When you're a sprayer when it comes to shooting games, finding as much ammo as possible is a must.

Posted Image

#13 3peen

3peen

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:30 PM

I never play a game on easy as it just feels like a complete waste of time. I am not saying it was a bad game, I just expected a little more. autobot campaign was phenomenal I'll give it that.

#14 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:42 PM

Inching closer to 20 bucks.

#15 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:44 PM

paid 18 used for it with now dead 50% off GS deal and beat it last night.

For a TF fan the game is pretty much a godsend. It has TONS of references to the show and movie and a few critical story elements tied to the movie and the history (though I'm not sure if it's "official" cannon).

As a game its a gorgeous and ultimately repetitive 3rd person shooter. The guns are fun the writing is better than most games even if you don't know anything about TF but it made a few terrible design decisions.

Even if trying to avoid the Gears of War comparison, its a game with nothing but shooting and cover with no actual cover system. It has spotty hit detection and limited enemy types as well. As another poster mentions the decepticon campaign is by far the weaker of the two so playing it first gives a false impression of the game quality as well as saves the best for last.

It also has a fun but relatively empty MP, great visual variety considering its all robot planet, and an incredibly great transforming mechanic. If you like third person shooters or TF this is a fantastic experience.

Otherwise, I'd wait for 20 or 30 to own and know that MP dies more every day and won't resurge until DLC goes on sale or a big XP boost weekend comes.

#16 King J Gatz

King J Gatz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:10 AM

Your sig kills me.

"It could be a crackhead that got a hold of the WRONG stuff and it told him to get up in the tree and play a Leprechaun"

Best youtube video of all time.

All right about time someone equal to my caliber of coolness understood my SIG. You sir are super teriffic!!!!!
Michigan Snowgoon

#17 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:00 AM

For a TF fan the game is pretty much a godsend. It has TONS of references to the show and movie and a few critical story elements tied to the movie and the history (though I'm not sure if it's "official" cannon).

Even if trying to avoid the Gears of War comparison...

I'm a big G1 TF fan and was really looking forward to this game. Unfortunately it was a huge disappointment.

They got too much "Gears" in my TF game. Not saying the game is bad, but rather that it wasn't a good "Transformers" game due mainly to the weaponry . I mean, where's the laser fire?!:bomb:

Megatron's arm cannon is the only weapon that feels right for it's respective character. The conventional weapons just feel wrong

The best part of the entire game was the artwork in the ending credits. Once I saw that, I couldn't help but wish that they had used those designs in the game.

Such a missed opportunity.

Like I said, not a bad game, but you can easily hold off for a lower price point. You're not missing much

#18 jupiterjones

jupiterjones

WHAT THE CUSS!?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2010 - 01:10 PM

Yeah, keep on falling.... $20 sounds like the right price. I can wait for it to join the backlog. No big hurry.

Plus, all I've seen are mixed reviews stating all the issues listed above. So, even if it is the absolute greatest Transformers game, it doesn't sound something I NEED TO OWN this second. But thanks for the notice OP!

Jupiter_Jones.png

Check out my blog on music, gaming, wrestling, movies etc etc. It doesn't totally suck!

http://abloggymess.com/

#19 ck76

ck76

Winter is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2010 - 01:33 PM

This felt like a 10-15 dollar one for me just because I could be Optimus Prime.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#20 legendarydogs

legendarydogs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:47 PM

Still too much, will wait for $20 msrp or clearance.

#21 Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus

@azuvidexus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:03 PM

Back to the old price, $49.99 (PS3) and $49.98 (360). This is for Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Best Buy's price also went back to those values.