Photo
- - - - -

Saints Row 2 (PC) $3.99 @ Amazon (Prime Eligible)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 TheRobReport

TheRobReport

Stoned Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:45 AM

Not sure if this has been posted but figured I might as well throw it out there.

Saints Row 2 (PC Version) is now on sale for $3.99 at amazon. You get a sealed copy of the game and it installs through steam for those wondering.

It is also available for amazon prime shipping for those who have that.

http://www.amazon.co...86239159&sr=8-1

#2 Unicorntard

Unicorntard

Cheapass PC gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:56 AM

It seems like a great deal, but alot of the reviews say its a horrible port. This is what someone said "This is the worst port I've played in a long time. And I thought Mass Effect was bad. By comparison this game makes the transfer of Mass Effect from Xbox to PC look like a carefully designed masterpiece. "

Damn. :hot:

If you have Mass Effect 1 for the PC, you know.

#3 TheRobReport

TheRobReport

Stoned Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:59 AM

Lol yeah it actually is a pretty crappy port of the game, Ive played a rented copy of saints row 2 on xbox 360 and by comparison the pc version runs like shit. At the same time its only $3.99 lol

#4 droider

droider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:05 AM

Not worth it IMO, and yeah I know it's only $4...
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 dcon agent 000

dcon agent 000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:03 AM

I paid 5 dollars and I regret it. The only game where I can't get proper stereo sound in my headphones. The only solution only works in XP too.

#6 iRent

iRent

Posted 05 October 2010 - 04:23 AM

Seems worth it just to register onto steam. I was just reading their forum about the "Gentlemen of the Row" mod that has has some game fixes as well as a ton of mods.
Posted Image
|AMD Phenom II X4 955 C3|ASRock M3A785GMH/128M AM3|Corsair XMS3 2x2GB DDR3|WD Caviar Blue 500GB|WD Caviar 80 GB|XFX 5850 1GB|NZXT Vulcan|

#7 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:17 AM

I think I paid 7 or 5 dollars for it, and I found it to be worth the money. The port is optimized poorly, but that's the worst thing I noticed (though I know a lot of other people have had problems with other bugs). It's a lot more bombastic than GTA is, so if that's what you're looking for, I suggest it.

#8 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:19 AM

And I thought Mass Effect was bad. By comparison this game makes the transfer of Mass Effect from Xbox to PC look like a carefully designed masterpiece. "

Damn. :hot:

If you have Mass Effect 1 for the PC, you know.

what is wrong with the mass effect 1 port to pc. i thought there were some improvements as well as bugs in me1 for pc.

#9 shaneboyd

shaneboyd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:34 AM

It's been a while since I ran it, but I remember it being pretty good. Got it on clearances at Target.

#10 V878

V878

Let's hug it out

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:46 AM

I found this port to be absolutely awful. Even with GTA4 I could use a mix of medium settings and get the game to play (not a great framerate, but good enough). With Saints Row 2, it runs fine with one major exception; every time I get in a vehicle the framerate absolutely chugs. With driving being such a huge part of these kind of games, that basically makes the game unplayable.

It's a shame too since the game is awesome on PS3 and I was hoping it would be great on PC as well. Perhaps if you have a beasting comp it'll run better for you though.

#11 xGunCrazyx

xGunCrazyx

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:23 AM

This is probably the worst console port I have ever played
Probably not worth the $4...