Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (10/3/10 to 10/9/10)

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#31 IFlyRC80

IFlyRC80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:01 PM

I bought Civ 5 at KMart w/a $20 gaming coupon...day of launch.

Target is getting pretty lame. Especially since their clearance has been mostly non-existent.

#32 Organ Donor

Organ Donor

Watch his Bull Charge!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2010 - 01:57 PM

Yes, NBA Elite is delayed and will no longer come with NBA Jam, which will now be sold separately.

Fuck NBA Jam. I originally wanted it, but am not buying it now since EA decided to be turd nuggets about it.

#33 FeathersMcGraw

FeathersMcGraw

Waterfowl Mastermind

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2010 - 02:49 PM

I guess I should've known better, but I figured maybe there was an actual discount/promotion for the iPad.

#34 emozolik

emozolik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:29 PM

Fortunately, their awesome clearance deals almost totally negate that they rarely ever have a noteworthy sale.

wish i saw these awesome clearance deals you speak of :(
I never see any at the Targets in my area. I for one am convinced they don't care anymore either. It's a shame too... I shop at Target for almost everything else I need! Er.. want?
Posted Image

#35 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2010 - 04:10 PM

Well, Target will be selling iPads, so I guess they don't need to have good promos.

#36 Gohan

Gohan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:11 PM

The Pokemon game is likely Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs.

#37 Lord_Zath

Lord_Zath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:54 PM

Oh, boy, $5! This is after Target is listed on Civilization5.com as having a $10 gift card for purchase on release week. Never thought I'd say this, but thank goodness for K-Mart!

#38 heyheyhey11

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:57 PM

That 25 Gc promo for any move game.

Well, I was wondering that NBA 2k11 is releasing on the same week. And it has a move functionality and move sticker on the game. So will that game count as a 'move' game and eligible for 25gc?

Only time will tell

#39 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:54 PM

Fortunately, their awesome clearance deals almost totally negate that they rarely ever have a noteworthy sale.

My store stopped having good clearance titles some time ago. Now 90% of the clearance games are Call of Duty 3 for the PS2 and I don't see those titles moving anytime soon. Last time they had that big of an overstock was Mass Effect for the 360 and that never sold (and then one day they were suddenly all gone).

My buy/sell/trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=230525

To the "If I send you an offer via PM, please respond to it even if you aren't interested" guy, I'm still waiting to hear back from you after I sent you a PM in July of 2009.

#40 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2010 - 12:44 AM

Actually I hope they wait until the following week.

The longer they wait the more games come out that can be used for the sale.

I hate having to deal with the place-holder issues later on.

Its easier to just get them the first time around.

They won't do this. And the games on the 10-16 games won't be in stores as they should be. Some managers aren't going to asses about swapping for newer games. Some asses (cause i'm not the type and I despise yall even in some retarded way it's fair) are going to go buy out shit the day (or even two days) before the sale and bring it back for price matching. Others will try to get Best Buy to PM. Some will have success others will get frustrated.

The patterns are patterns for a reason. They guide us. Don't fight them. Go with the flow.
People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:

#41 Wazootyman

Wazootyman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2010 - 12:56 AM

My store stopped having good clearance titles some time ago. Now 90% of the clearance games are Call of Duty 3 for the PS2 and I don't see those titles moving anytime soon. Last time they had that big of an overstock was Mass Effect for the 360 and that never sold (and then one day they were suddenly all gone).

Are you in Seattle?

#42 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2010 - 03:37 AM

Guess K-Mart's sales haven't been hurting Target much since they are making no effort to compete. I stopped even bothering to check Target for clearances after many trips of nothing or next to nothing in my area.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#43 sensuitomo

sensuitomo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2010 - 03:33 PM

i hope the b2g1 deal is the week of the 26th.. (to get fable 3, fallout new vegas, and DAO GotY/wwe raw vs smackdown 2011 or sengoku basara)

#44 Envel

Envel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2010 - 11:25 PM

They won't do this. And the games on the 10-16 games won't be in stores as they should be. Some managers aren't going to asses about swapping for newer games. Some asses (cause i'm not the type and I despise yall even in some retarded way it's fair) are going to go buy out shit the day (or even two days) before the sale and bring it back for price matching. Others will try to get Best Buy to PM. Some will have success others will get frustrated.

The patterns are patterns for a reason. They guide us. Don't fight them. Go with the flow.

This was so hard to read/understand.

#45 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2010 - 02:03 AM

This was so hard to read/understand.

They won't do this. They NEVER have the sale the B2G1 sale on the third week when several new titles come out that people want. This sale is to clear inventory, not give you the latest and greatest in games.

And the games on the 10-16 games won't be in stores as they should be. The games that come out on the Tuesday of this week are rarely available. People banking on picking up Medal of Honor Limited Edition will most likely have to purchase a game with intentions to swap for the desired game the following week.

Games that you intend to swap can be exchanged up to 30 days.

Some managers aren't going to asses about swapping for newer games.
When attempting to swap a filler game for a new game, some TRU managers will be dicks about the situation.

Some asses (cause i'm not the type and I despise yall even in some retarded way it's fair) are going to go buy out shit the day (or even two days) before the sale and bring it back for price matching.
This is probably where it got unintelligible. I get all pissy and always comes out bad. But this week sucks for people going the week of the sale because next Friday and Saturday people will go and buy all the good shit with intent to swap/pm when the sale starts. Or worse hoarding with intent to trade.

Others will try to get Best Buy to PM. Some will have success others will get frustrated.
People will complain about Best Buy even though it's a TRU sale. Always have and always will.

People will keep hoping and hoping for changes but it's been the same for nearly 4 or 5 years. Nothing is going to change until the sale is gone.
People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:

#46 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2010 - 10:09 AM

I like to think of it as NBA Elite doesn't come with NBA Jam anymore.

Huh? Same thing
Posted Image

#47 nintendokingdom

nintendokingdom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2010 - 11:01 AM

in 2007 they did B2G1 in early November

#48 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:36 PM

Not much on sale at Best Buy next week. :-?

:360: Buy any Xbox 360 console, get Tony Hawk Ride for free.
:360: Preorder Kinect, get 3 pre-order-only game levels for Kinect Adventures, the game that comes with Kinect.

:360: (and maybe :ps3:? Ad is not clear about it): Buy Castlevania: Lords of Shadow at $60, get a free download of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.
:360: (and maybe :ps3:? Ad is not clear about it): Buy Enslaved: Odyssey to the West at $60, get a Best Buy exclusive downloadable Robot costume for free.

:wii: Just Dance - $30
:wii: Preorder Just Dance 2 as a Rewards Zone Gamers Club member, get 500 bonus points.

That's it. Everything else is on the ad involving video games is at MSRP.

Edited by LouieT, 02 October 2010 - 10:22 PM.
typo

#49 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:38 PM

Thanks for the ads. :)

I hope this year BB has a B2G1F deal, glitches and all. :)
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#50 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:45 PM

# of 360s sold by Best Buy from 10/3-10/9 = zero

ach.png

#51 Fire_Thief

Fire_Thief

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:45 PM

Lol at free Tony Hawk Ride.

#52 steveovig

steveovig

WadeBoggsCarpet Warehouse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2010 - 10:43 PM

I just bought my 360 the other day from BB and I didn't get anything free. I'd settle for something like Tony Hawk over nothing at all! Is this the Tony Hawk game that comes with the skateboard thingy?
Posted Image

#53 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2010 - 10:54 PM

I just bought my 360 the other day from BB and I didn't get anything free. I'd settle for something like Tony Hawk over nothing at all! Is this the Tony Hawk game that comes with the skateboard thingy?

Dont waste the gas for this POS game. Its truely awful

#54 Jrod87

Jrod87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2010 - 10:55 PM

If I bring in the receipt to the 360 I bought two weeks ago will they honor the free Tony Hawk Ride game? Free game = trade in.

FYI the SOTN download code for buying Castlevania works for both versions of the game.

#55 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2010 - 10:58 PM

Most stores give next to nothing for Ride, if they even take it at all.

I'd give it a try once, then i'd definitely break the skateboard. Take that, Bobby Kotick!

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#56 TheMadMonk

TheMadMonk

Posted 02 October 2010 - 11:06 PM

They should have this deal:
Buy Tony Hawk Ride, get a free personal apology phone call from Tony Hawk.

#57 nddave

nddave

Posted 02 October 2010 - 11:10 PM

Thanks for posting the ads/deals
Nothing for me
Hopefully another CAG can take advantage.
CAG4LIFE

#58 haywire69

haywire69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2010 - 11:21 PM

WOW,they are looking for anyway to unload those Tony Hawk Rides;I guess the next step is the landfill.

#59 Erathaol

Erathaol

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2010 - 11:26 PM

Its as close as they come to paying someone to get rid of it.

#60 kburns10

kburns10

You Gots to Chill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2010 - 11:52 PM

Poor Tony Hawk! Eh what am I saying? He's not hurting for money. His game sucks so oh well.